[Drama 2019] The Secret Life of my Secretary / I love you from the beginning, 초면에 사랑합니다

0ly40

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, so it seems incredible to me that Mr. Observant Dom In Ik ssi has not noticed that his secretary is the same person he has been dating. He might be face blind, but he's not deaf? He made a big deal about memorizing people by height, so please, why doesn't he notice hers? And why has she been so blind about the driver?? The script is making them stupider than they need to be. But I have decided to simply put that on the shelf, because the actors are inhabiting their characters so well.

The chemistry is lovely (both between our leads, and between Veronica Park and the sister, omo, that little sister is going to turn VP into her own personal lap dog). Dom In Ik has an incredibly adorable smile, just have to say. I remember that actor in Pinocchio, and he was a chaebol there, too, but a completely different person. I had no idea this guy was so versatile. I'm a bit tired of the wooden-faced male leads who are supposed to be stoic on the outside and wounded on the inside. This guy wears his heart on his sleeve, like a puppy, and it's adorable. I also really like how he and his secretary just GET each other. I've watched a lot of shows where the main leads like each other Because the Writer Said So--and Casting Gave Us Pretty People, So Of Course They Must Fall in Love! But these two actually have compatible personalities. They really KNOW each other and depend on each other and there is a reason for them to get together. It's really refreshing. 

And yes, as people said above--I really want him to figure it out first and play along. 

3 hours ago, turtlegirl said:

@nohamahamoud2002 no, that's not me lol, but hi anyways :lol: Perhaps you are thinking of my chingu @turtle0217? We are turtle twinsies :)

@ktcjdrama I was thinking maybe I should be a little nicer and just call him denialDom instead. Let's see how it goes tomorrow!

I am all for Dom realizing the truth but playing along to tease GH. Buttt I'm thinking it won't go this route. They wanna give us angst and sadness I'm sure! 

Doesn't look like GH will get hurt in tomorrow's ep. Also @blademan you are prob right and no kiss between them, yet. Tomorrow's ep hasn't even aired yet and I'm already looking forward to next week's eps! :D

I'm watching this drama, too, but too busy and barely got around to this thread. Well, hello! I'm new here. Heehee. :lol:

I'm guessing my chingu @turtlegirl and I are confusing you all, huh? Lol.

Anyways, soo excited to see what will happen tomorrow. I hope Dom's vision stay and he sees that he's been in love with GH all along, but I doubt that will happen, we still got a long way to go before the ending.

I guess Do Min Ik is totally in denial. He has the clues and everything, he must has his doubts but he just blocks everything away and believe what he wants to believe. This reminds me the famous quote  "Seeing Is Believing". Only when he change his believe that he is able to see the truth. 

Some of you are frustrated that Min Ik cannot put the pieces together. But here's the thing. Prior to his accident, he's so dependent on his eye sight and his ability to read people's faces. By removing that ability, he's quite lost. Plus, he has this impression that Gal Hee hates him and she's only working hard to support her family and not because she also cares for him. He doesn't want to tell her that he can sometimes see her face because he's scared that she would leave him, and right now he needs her. As a secretary? As a friend? Doesn't matter, he just needs her. 

tumblr_psjxh7a9Rf1u97zq0_1280.jpgtumblr_psjxh6pY851u97zq0_1280.jpg

Spoiler

tumblr_psjxh8N3h31u97zq0_1280.jpg

Creds. Tumblr

Oh yeah they're just BOSS and SECRETARY. Nothing more. :innocent::heart:

Stills featuring both VPs - They need to stop with the lie man...at this point it's just frustrating as a viewer :( 

6 hours ago, turtle0217 said:

I'm watching this drama, too, but too busy and barely got around to this thread. Well, hello! I'm new here. Heehee. :lol:

I'm guessing my chingu @turtlegirl and I are confusing you all, huh? Lol.

Hiii, I remember you, your profile picture is unique :) always a girl wearing glasses :D

@blademan the writers always keep the tension till near the end, that's why they keep delaying the revelation, especially that it will lead to temporary separation, but don't be sad, the drama is not tragic, if there is short separation, it might last for one episode only :)

I am so happy it’s Tuesday evening already because that means we have a new episode, but I am also sad because it means we’ll soon have to wait one more week till new episodes... sigh... :unsure: the times when you wish you can just binge watch...

16 minutes ago, turtlegirl said:

@screwdila All the actors I follow on IG are doing the baby filter. So I asked my friend's 11 year old daughter about it. Should have known it's a Snapchat thing! It made me look like a chipmunk :lol:

I also use SC but I don't get this baby filter :(

Oh hey what gives the stream started early so I missed some! Seems Dom called the detectives about the bad guy. VP was already gone when I started the stream. GH comes out and Dom is like I just met VP how could she act like she doesn't know me after we kissed. Lol. So he said I'm gonna call her. So GH ran into the bathroom and answered the phone as V. Except...V was in the bathroom too! Haha she heard the whole impersonation! I'm glad at least that truth is out! 

3 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

I am so happy it’s Tuesday evening already because that means we have a new episode, but I am also sad because it means we’ll soon have to wait one more week till new episodes... sigh... :unsure: the times when you wish you can just binge watch...

Yes, I know... I binged all the way up until now. And now I have caught up. Dang. I have to wait, too. 

I know this drama is meant to be fun fluff and all, but I can't help observing something important in it, too. Dom loves both versions of GH. (He just doesn't realize it.) But the version who he falls for first is the one who sticks up for herself. Sometimes a person can think that if they do everything the other person wants, all the time, giving up everything, even their own self--then surely the other person will love them. But to have a good relationship, you really need to love yourself, too. As a secretary, especially at the beginning, she kinda enables him to be codependent. That's not really healthy? As VP, she throws all of that off. As Jeong Biso, it isn't until she starts asserting her rights that she becomes more equal (and interesting) to him. 

Yes, you should sacrifice for the person you love, but two people who can stand on their own two feet and who sacrifice for each other is a lot different from one person expecting the other to give up sleep, food, friends, and family so they can stick around and work the arms and legs and chew the food for person 1. You know? Just something to think about while watching...

I am late... I can't believe it!!

Somehow VP is in the toilet, very upset with Dom, and then she heard GH impersonating her voice on the phone. Dom is calling VPGH. GH so shocked to see VP that she dropped her phone into the sink... VP is wondering how Dom can mistake her for GH with their faces. She threatened to ask Dom himself if GH not telling because Dom was calling for GH from outside the toilet. She ran out of the toilet, Dom asked her a question like he just saw her first time. GH ran out and Dom asked where she's been because without her he cannot find her mother's face. VP listened with interest. GH pointed out to Dom since the mothers are coming out of the hall that his mother is using a blue bag. He left to greet them. VP figured out that he has face blindness.

They relocate to a bench outside where GH told VP everything from the start, in tears. She apologized and promised to tell the truth the next day. Just then, VP saw DJ walking from afar. VP didn't want GH to do that and said something and asked her to come to her office the next day, then left to find DJ.

Dom walking out the building with the mothers. His mother was called away by another person, so he was left alone talking to VP's mother. He told her that maybe VP hasn't updated her about their relationship, Park Mom interrupted that did she say she has another man? Dom was like you know it already? Mom started saying how she is going to beat her up, but Dom said please don't do that, although he is having a hard time but he will put effort to forget her. Park Mom got clued in that he really like her daughter, and she started calling him Son-in-law Do. And started hugging him and told him not to give up. Mom back to join them, startled to see the tight hug, but was told to finalized the agreement between their two companies next week. Mom happy. He then left with his mom and texted GH while in the car for her to go home by herself. He wanted to say thank you for being with him tonight, but deleted it and sent a pic instead. GH saw the text while paying her respects, and started crying hard. Everyone misunderstood her that she is truly mourning for the deceased.

GH is having a heart to heart with VP outside on a park bench. Awww she's crying about falling in love with Dom. I think VP is gonna help her maybe not sure. Our poor GH is crying a lot. But V got up to go greet DJ whom she saw from afar. 

Back at the funeral home. Dom is stuck alone with V's mom. That's not awkward at all....haha mom is overreacting, hope she's not still planning that wedding haha. She gives Dom this huge hug or rather is just squeezing him to death. Dom's mom comes up and both moms are all giggly about something. I guess Dom's marriage haha. 

GH is in the funeral home and gets a text from Dom. Dom is in car with his mom. He sends her some cute text and emoji thing of them two. GH breaks down in tears. Omo everyone thinks she's crying over the person who died but she's crying over her love for Dom. Omo now I'm gonna cry! 

Archived