[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Princess Silver 白发王妃

sugarplum892

@BreezeC yes i understand what he has in mind ...most important is to survive. i just dont like his choice for now, at the expense of RL's reputation and happiness. Like he said along the game, she was fortunate to have met Wuyou.  Well time will explain for his action. :lol:

If i m not wrong, the 3 things RQ mentioned are not choices.  All 3 things will happen. 

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, cheerieK said:

@BreezeC yes i understand what he has in mind ...most important is to survive. i just dont like his choice for now, at the expense of RL's reputation and happiness. Like he said along the game, she was fortunate to have met Wuyou.  Well time will explain for his action. :lol:

If i m not wrong, the 3 things RQ mentioned are not choices.  All 3 things will happen. 

I kinda fast forward without really reading the dialog much, and when I saw RQ swapped them, I think he’s a doing it for her. He basically made her definitely choose WY, since we know WY has the antidote later and gave it to her at the bed, that mean WY was given the antidote, and I think this was done by RQ. He is making sure he’s pleasing all parties, and make sure RL sees/treasure WY, and realise he’s the only choice for her. For FC, everything was and is still against him. If RL has fallen for FC, I’m sure RQ would not swap her, but she chose WY, so swapping will definitely make her and FC never ever will happen.

so I’ve been saying I don’t feel much emotional impact, and I think it might be the actress as well as the lead actor. When she was acting as her fake counterpart, she should be pleading her undying love, yet, I don’t feel it :/ their bed scene also lacking the burning love factor, he has always been in love with her and finally got her, and is drunk on top of that! And she has been in love with him for so long and not a novice when it comes to between the sheets, yet, her eyes are almost closed????  For JC, it’s fine, but for her, I expected a bit more yearning, a bit more passion? Even without any actual kissing scene! I like her teeth, I think they are cute, and I dislike how we must straighten our teeth to be pretty. Ruby Lin used to have those crooked teeth, too, but it has been removed. I think the same as bai lu. 

On 6/5/2019 at 10:19 PM, Latte_Anyday said:

I feel like from ep. 20-ish onwards the drama sort of plateau, to me at least. 

Thank God for the actor who portrays General Fu 'cause it made viewing bearable eheh. As for the actor playin' Wu You, he sort of rely on his looks. The crooked teeth on Rong Le bothers me LoL! 

That aside eye candy aplenty in this drama.. The crown Prince is a major D-bag! WTF women are like clothing?! To be discarded when worn & used - Disgusting! 

Yup, it’s plateau for me, too. I think it’s because the love story goes no where lol. They are afraid to push for more chemistry/lovey dovey scenes between the general and RL? I think it would be more heart breaking if she kinda let him in, then got betrayed by him, or think she got betrayed by him (like how bad would it be if she goes yes, I’ll give you my heart and let’s forget all these revenge stuffs, and her brother swap her and the General did one final plan because he has doubts on her!). Atm, I feel like they try to create 3 male leads that rather not so flawed. You can argue that the general is the most flawed, but you see his life story and you can’t blame him? And that bring me to another uh moment. In 33/34, RL gave him a big lecture on how he should not revenge, and create a blood shed on innocent people. Yet she ignored the fact that his father didn’t mind do the exact same thing on his son? His father didn’t mind killing his own blood, didn’t mind killing of the innocent either? (And yea, killing children is way worse than the child killing his own parents I say >_> because the emperor was old enough and whatever he did to the young General is what he reap). Sure, one side has to stop, but in that warring period, would they just let him be if he is not fighting for his life? And for him to be here today, he has to fight to survive. Suddenly that sort of talk felt out of place and so naive :/ for someone who is supposed to be smart like her :/ at the same time, it shows how ignorance she is of his feelings, acting all high and mighty. Very easy to say just let it go, when he has been abused and ignored since he was a little kid. And again, to someone who doesn’t receive love and always one behind his brother, now have a woman he loves, but love his brother telling him to let go, it is just not gonna go through him? Again, not smart!

this drama suffers from afraid to make one character really bad? Everything is just sit in the middle, and there is no break through :/ we have a brilliant scheme here yet it felt flat :/ we have a general who throw everything at her, and she is like a stone rock that isn’t moved, not even slightly, where I understand why she likes that but it makes for pretty boring drama, especially when I don’t feel the strong chemistry/love between the two leads? And since she’s so rock solid, even if it’s heart breaking for the general, because it’s always a one sided love with not even a shred of hope/love from her, you can’t feel that badly hurt/moved for their story either? Like you feel for him, but after 4-5 times of being rejected, and how she is just a stone toward him, and you know there is a misunderstanding but like the general said it doesn’t matter if her heart doesn’t care. And so, instead of having these heartbreaking moments, we are left with uh?! She’s deserved whatever she wants and you should move on, General! Lol. End my rants lol! Sorry! This drama started out quite decent but it keeps dropping :/ and while I like the main actress, I now know why it’s a bit flat for me, and not just me lol, a few articles mentioned how the chemistry/acting isn’t there for the two leads (not exploding enough). Such great opportunity but the producer has been too safe to push the envelope!

@Alila Nguyen

I think a lull happens in most C-Dramas, especially ones of this scale (costume period ones I mean but heck ALL actually:P) as there's many ep. so they tend to drag a LOT. 

I just think the General has more layers in his character? But more than that the actor is doin' an excellent job. I mean I feel for his character whenever he gets betrayed by Rong Le...:( as usual all characters have their own agenda. I just find it funny with Rong Le at this point 'cause she's had her trust burned first by her "brother" the Emperor (there's slight incestuous romantic feelings there..:phew:) then by her betrothed lover, Wu You and now, her husband the General. It's like she's a piece of rag cloth gettin' thrown around back & forth. Any normal person would've gone insane. Also it sort of highlights how limited the actress actually is... I find most of the cast disappointing, they seem to be cast mostly for their visuals. It's only the General that's outstanding right now.

I agree by there bein' no chemistry between Rong Le & Wu You. I felt more between the actor & Fan Bing2 when they starred in The Empress of China. And what the heck happened to Wu You? He started off as this rebel with firm beliefs & when his brother, Wu Yu tried to fight for his happiness... Wu You took a neutral stance and told Wu Yu to stay patient LoL? WTF. This drama was fast paced & addictive for first 20 ep. but now it's like not goin' anywhere..  

Oh my heart... Please someone translate the EP 48 trailer .

Their ML and FL love is the reason I am staying put and lurking everywhere for latest update.

I really hope nothing happened between that Yali and ML. I will be so heartbroken for my princess. 

On 6/11/2019 at 12:02 AM, J13 said:

This drama sounds interesting and I'm looking for a new drama addiction lol are there subbed episodes anywhere?

You can find on YouTube subbed eps and also on most streaming sites. Lucky you! Starting now so its not such a long wait for the next episodes lol 

Has anyone read the novel Lost You Forever ( an amazing translation can be found at the blog of Koalasplayground if you Google it) 

I feel like these leads would be PERFECTLY cast as the main characters in that novel. And this in this adaptation our poor Luo YunXi can finally get the girl!! 

Just re-watched episode 35, subbed this time. I've got to say the first time I watched it (raw) it was sad, but subbed -- it actually made me cry. I mean, the General made  me cry. He is so great with conveying emotions as is her "brother" the puppet emperor. My advice for those who haven't watched it yet - blow your nose BEFORE you watch it; otherwise reaching for kleenex will distract you.

1 hour ago, Takingthehighroad said:

Just re-watched episode 35, subbed this time. I've got to say the first time I watched it (raw) it was sad, but subbed -- it actually made me cry. I mean, the General made  me cry. He is so great with conveying emotions as is her "brother" the puppet emperor. My advice for those who haven't watched it yet - blow your nose BEFORE you watch it; otherwise reaching for kleenex will distract you.

Where did you watch episode 35?

21 hours ago, Takingthehighroad said:

I have to say Jing Chao was the only one with soulful eyes in this drama! You can feel the emotions conveyed through his eyes, no one else in the drama seems to be able to do that! They can act, but their eyes are all like dead! After the event in 35, his eyes were sorrowful looking at her, knowing there is this huge misunderstanding/misfortune event between them, and nothing he can do to change it, to explain it, to make her understand, or to improve their situation, he has the whole world conspired against him! He simply can’t win. Idk, as this goes on, I still love the General lol, and I’m like skipping the happy moments of the OTP -.-

Just saw 45, and oh wow, this is the moment that really moves me to tear.

Spoiler

when Fu Chou just push that sword deeper into his shoulder: “death is a freedom to me”. Best moment in the drama so far. All his acting in this episode and 46, really makes it more impactful! Sorry but I don’t feel it when Wu You lost his mother ashes, it was Fu Chou’s stunned expression at how cruel his mother can be that really make the event impactful. Also I lol at the mistake they make, when Wu You fell onto the ground holding his mother ash box, and the box still full of ashes! Lol! Also... that lady is cunning and quite smart lol, I knew she had something up her sleeves, but it still caught me by surprised a little when the bottom of the box open up. I was like lol, nice move (richard simmons kinda move but you gotta appreciate a good schemer lol). For some reasons, this drama makes me appreciate bad people lol, not plain and boring as the leads :/

Really appreciate Jing Chao being in this drama! For Leo Lou’s fans, I felt for them, we are at 46 and we barely get much of him :/ I know many are watching for his scenes, but it seems to not gonna be much -.-?

Spoiler

Also I don’t buy this “the daughter is  Fu Chou’s”, because she has been sleeping with the prince? It just totally convenient lol, and meh about her and her love for the General -.-

Man, the General has such a bad luck life lol. Anything he want to do with good intention always turn out sooo bad and just make RL hates him more and more. He simply can’t win T_T his character is breaking my heart!

I just saw the latest trailer for next week, oh gosh, I am already teary for you know who...:( It seems like they didn't change much from the novel up til 57...but just wonder how are they going to wrap it up in 58 since they will definitely not follow the novel on that... 

6 minutes ago, BreezeC said:

I just saw the latest trailer for next week, oh gosh, I am already teary for you know who...:( It seems like they didn't change much from the novel up til 57...but just wonder how are they going to wrap it up in 58 since they will definitely not follow the novel on that... 

Spoiler

For leo’s Character? Apparently his arc is ep 55?

In true Chinese drama fashion, ending must be rushed lol!

1 minute ago, Alila Nguyen said:
  Hide contents

For leo’s Character? Apparently his arc is ep 55?

In true Chinese drama fashion, ending must be rushed lol!

Yep, it is painful to wait for him to appear but it is also painful to watch his character when he does appear lol

Yeah, I think the ending may be rushed but I hope at least they have a good wrap up but we will have to see... but I think the last 2 episodes will be the following week after next week...two weeks later...it is annoying to wait another week for just 2 episodes :(

Archived