[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Princess Silver 白发王妃

sugarplum892

7 hours ago, Alila Nguyen said:

Hide contents

OTP doesn’t change and will end up with each other lol. Second and third male lead can love her as much as they like, but her heart is pretty set. I think the book ends with both leads went white hair but able to live together, the third lead die, and the General is forever alone.

Spoiler

I read that the ML kills him self at the end is that false and who is our FL who is her parents/sister etc.. 

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, cheerieK said:

@Alila Nguyen sad that we cant enjoy this series together like TFD. But i do get surprises at some point. Maybe i started the drama with no expectation as there is no big stars in it. I did not even bother to read the synopsis lol. 

I m now at the story of Zhen Bei Wang and enjoying the sub story as well. The only character i dislike so far is the Beilin crown prince.

I can totally understand how you feel if you dont like main leads. Lets switch focus to the general for now. Jing Chao is the great actor. I like him a lot :P

I started this with no expectations either xD as a matter of fact, I started this with none of the male lead look any good at all :lol: not the ML, not the general nor the famous third male lead whom everyone watch this series for from AOL lol. I read one news article about it, about how it tuck your heart string worse than GMP, and how it’s so bad that the female lead’s hair has turn white, so I was intrigued.

I’ve never known Jing Chao, but his character has the most layers (like an onion!) and since the ML hasn’t managed to pull anything from me, I’m watching for the general lol :( even though this ship will sink so hard :lol: on another note, Jing Chao will be second male lead again with Tiffany Tang xD and they will be husband and wife for a bit of time before he die! So I’m definitely tuning in for that series xD

i have to say though... 2 weeks of waiting for new episodes make me really doubtful I will continue watching it as it air or just wait until it all come out lol! L.o.r.d is out and I think I should check it out :p 

30 minutes ago, Alila Nguyen said:

I started this with no expectations either xD as a matter of fact, I started this with none of the male lead look any good at all :lol: not the ML, not the general nor the famous third male lead whom everyone watch this series for from AOL lol. I read one news article about it, about how it tuck your heart string worse than GMP, and how it’s so bad that the female lead’s hair has turn white, so I was intrigued.

I’ve never known Jing Chao, but his character has the most layers (like an onion!) and since the ML hasn’t managed to pull anything from me, I’m watching for the general lol :( even though this ship will sink so hard :lol: on another note, Jing Chao will be second male lead again with Tiffany Tang xD and they will be husband and wife for a bit of time before he die! So I’m definitely tuning in for that series xD

i have to say though... 2 weeks of waiting for new episodes make me really doubtful I will continue watching it as it air or just wait until it all come out lol! L.o.r.d is out and I think I should check it out :p 

Gosh 2 weeks is really a long wait. How could that happen even with the leak of 8 episodes?  Btw I came across Jing Chou in Hear to Heart. Again he was the 2nd male lead that could only stay as the best friend to the FL. What a pity but i do like him a lot in that drama lol. 

LoRD is too fantasy for me. :D

1 hour ago, ForgottenSoulx said:
  Hide contents

I read that the ML kills him self at the end is that false and who is our FL who is her parents/sister etc.. 

NO 

Spoiler

well acc to the novel she is supposed to be time traveler but they skipped that part here

after that incident in which her hair & the prince's turned white he declared himself south emperor & she became his only imperial concubin

after that RONG QI sacrified himself to cure her from the poison & he dies

upon seeing his dead body she recalled everything 

she was the older daughter of QIN & hen xiang is her sister

prince li couldn't accept that she had rong qi in her heart so he left her for 2 years 

when he returned she was already died & here the novel ends

in the epilouge ( she returned after 5 years in another body )

i don't know how they will end it since they already skipped that time traveling part 

The series in general is not creating a lot of buzz even on weibo, but I'm loving the producer's posts about certain topics from how why she chose the cast members down to the details of the sets. She also talked about the female cast members' skin because that was one of the standards she used when choosing them. (She is an actress herself - Alina Zhang) Not sure if that was a reaction to the buzz about the filters used in the series, but that was interesting to read. The sets are gorgeous and so are the costumes. The costumes don't seem too ridiculous to me. Sometimes when a series is set in an alternate reality they get a little too creative, but not this time so it's appreciated from me. 

4 hours ago, aya02 said:

NO 

Hide contents

well acc to the novel she is supposed to be time traveler but they skipped that part here

after that incident in which her hair & the prince's turned white he declared himself south emperor & she became his only imperial concubin

after that RONG QI sacrified himself to cure her from the poison & he dies

upon seeing his dead body she recalled everything 

she was the older daughter of QIN & hen xiang is her sister

prince li couldn't accept that she had rong qi in her heart so he left her for 2 years 

when he returned she was already died & here the novel ends

in the epilouge ( she returned after 5 years in another body )

i don't know how they will end it since they already skipped that time traveling part 

Spoiler

OMG this is a terrible ending please nooo i cant take a sad ending ;p 

14 minutes ago, autumnwind said:

The series in general is not creating a lot of buzz even on weibo, but I'm loving the producer's posts about certain topics from how why she chose the cast members down to the details of the sets. She also talked about the female cast members' skin because that was one of the standards she used when choosing them. (She is an actress herself - Alina Zhang) Not sure if that was a reaction to the buzz about the filters used in the series, but that was interesting to read. The sets are gorgeous and so are the costumes. The costumes don't seem too ridiculous to me. Sometimes when a series is set in an alternate reality they get a little too creative, but not this time so it's appreciated from me. 

Some shows just dont make it big with a place like china where shows are pouring out diamonds will slip away sometimes.. it sucks but it happens. 

Details of the ending for the novel... 

Spoiler

From the part that I jumped into the novel, Wu You has already ascended the throne and become the emperor and ManYao is his royal concubine. Fu Chou also conquered a portion of the land and make himself the emperor as well. Empress dowager of Xiqi (ED) planned to kidnap MY to use her to control both men but Rong Qi knew about it and kidnapped her instead. He brought her to this quiet village away from everything. She was already pregnant with WY's child but she cooperated when he told her he may be able to cure her poison but she pretty much despise him at this point. It is quite heartbreaking this part because he treated her so nice but she is constantly suspicious of him. Later, she gave birth and ED found them, imprison her, and took the child. Rong Qi helped her escape and brought her to another room to help her cure her poison. To cure her poison, he transferred all his life energy to her and bleed out every single ounce of his blood to mix with the necessary herb to cure her while she was unconscious. He asked his loyal eunuch to place his body on the seat of the throne with beads of his crown covering his face in order for his mother not to suspect anything amiss and to buy some time for ManYao to recover.

When MaoYao woke up, she remembered everything...her past and everything Rong Qi did for her and was devastated.However, she know that both men, FC and WY and their armies had arrived to save her and knowing ED's plan, she needed to stop the brothers from killing each other. She arrived in time before the brothers fought each other and ED was very angry and confronted her son. That's when everyone realized that RQ is already dead and it was just his body sitting on the throne. Knowing her plan failed, she exposed the truth and FC was devastated to learn the truth and was shock. He had spent his whole life extracting revenge from his true family, killing his father, cremated his mother?, and humiliated his own brother, even using his own wife and it was all a joke afterward. He wanted to end his life then and there but MY saved him and said she forgive him but it was WY who told him to finish off the evil witch before you end your life that revived him. Working as a team, they fought her and defeated her. Wu You wanted to punish her and set her punishment as thousands of knife cuts until her last breathe and then have five horses tear her body apart. However, RQ's loyal eunuch gave MY a letter from RQ of his last word. It said to let his mother die quickly as if he already know the outcome. Even though she was a terrible mother, he still didn't want her to die painfully. MY asked WY to just kill her and not make her suffer. At the end, FC was the one that killed her in one move but this incident drove a wedge against MY and WY. FC, overwhelmed with the truth, abandoned everything, hopped on his horse and disappeared. 

There was friction between MY and WY because WY saw from MY's reaction to RQ death that she loved this man and he is pretty much jealous, wanting MY to tell him that he is the only one that MY loved. However, MY can't say that because she did love RQ in the past and she forgot but she can't wipe that away, especially since RQ did so much for her. Two years later, if I recall correctly, even though she cured her poison because of the afterward math of the poison and the devastation from all that happened, she died but she promised WY that she will come back so he must wait. (In the novel, there is time traveling and soul leaving body type of plots and I pretty much skip all that) After 5 years, she was able to revive herself and she immediately go looking for WY. On the way, she meet FC who looks calm and wise in a monk clothing. MY no longer looks like her old self since she is revived in another female body. FC agreed to take her to the city when she asked him and when they finally arrived, FC told her that the king will be in this specific place tomorrow if you want to look at the king in person. With that, MY knew FC knew it was her all along, even though she looks different, he knew. At that point, MY felt like he finally let go, let go of everything and all those emotions and string and he continue on his journey to travel the world.

MY finally saw WY who was so sad and lonely waiting for her, holding on to that promise that she will return to him. It had been 5 year, WY was barely holding on and almost gave up hope and plan to end his life when MY finally appeared and they live happily ever after. 

My opinion... I didn't read the whole novel and I am sure MY and WY gone through a lot and their love is pretty much definite throughout the story but I can't help but find the second and third male characters more interesting and their endings had a more lasting effect on me...I am curious to see how the drama will play this all out. On a side note, I do like both the female and male lead but is it me or does she have more chemistry with the second male lead? Or maybe it is my bias that I like the general more at this point... lol

16 minutes ago, BreezeC said:

Hide contents

From the part that I jumped into the novel, Wu You has already ascended the throne and become the emperor and ManYao is his royal concubine. Fu Chou also conquered a portion of the land and make himself the emperor as well. Empress dowager of Xiqi (ED) planned to kidnap MY to use her to control both men but Rong Qi knew about it and kidnapped her instead. He brought her to this quiet village away from everything. She was already pregnant with WY's child but she cooperated when he told her he may be able to cure her poison but she pretty much despise him at this point. It is quite heartbreaking this part because he treated her so nice but she is constantly suspicious of him. Later, she gave birth and ED found them, imprison her, and took the child. Rong Qi helped her escape and brought her to another room to help her cure her poison. To cure her poison, he transferred all his life energy to her and bleed out every single ounce of his blood to mix with the necessary herb to cure her while she was unconscious. He asked his loyal eunuch to place his body on the seat of the throne with beads of his crown covering his face in order for his mother not to suspect anything amiss and to buy some time for ManYao to recover.

When MaoYao woke up, she remembered everything...her past and everything Rong Qi did for her and was devastated.However, she know that both men, FC and WY and their armies had arrived to save her and knowing ED's plan, she needed to stop the brothers from killing each other. She arrived in time before the brothers fought each other and ED was very angry and confronted her son. That's when everyone realized that RQ is already dead and it was just his body sitting on the throne. Knowing her plan failed, she exposed the truth and FC was devastated to learn the truth and was shock. He had spent his whole life extracting revenge from his true family, killing his father, cremated his mother?, and humiliated his own brother, even using his own wife and it was all a joke afterward. He wanted to end his life then and there but MY saved him and said she forgive him but it was WY who told him to finish off the evil witch before you end your life that revived him. Working as a team, they fought her and defeated her. Wu You wanted to punish her and set her punishment as thousands of knife cuts until her last breathe and then have five horses tear her body apart. However, RQ's loyal eunuch gave MY a letter from RQ of his last word. It said to let her mother die quickly as if he already know the outcome. Even though she was a terrible mother, he still didn't want her to die painfully. MY asked WY to just kill her and not make her suffer. At the end, FC was the one that killed her in one move but this incident drove a wedge against MY and WY. FC, overwhelmed with the truth, abandoned everything, hopped on his horse and disappeared. 

There was friction between MY and WY because WY saw from MY's reaction to RQ death that she loved this man and he is pretty much jealous, wanting MY to tell him that he is the only one that MY loved. However, MY can't say that because she did love RQ in the past and she forgot but she can't wipe that away, especially since RQ did so much for her. Two years later, if I recall correctly, even though she cured her poison because of the afterward math of the poison and the devastation from all that happened, she died but she promised WY that she will come back so he must wait. (In the novel, there is time traveling and soul leaving body type of plots and I pretty much skip all that) After 5 years, she was able to revive herself and she immediately go looking for WY. On the way, she meet FC who looks calm and wise in a monk clothing. MY no longer looks like her old self since she is revived in another female body. FC agreed to take her to the city when she asked him and when they finally arrived, FC told her that the king will be in this specific place tomorrow if you want to look at the king in person. With that, MY knew FC knew it was her all along, even though she looks different, he knew. At that point, MY felt like he finally let go, let go of everything and all those emotions and string and he continue on his journey to travel the world.

MY finally saw WY who was so sad and lonely waiting for her, holding on to that promise that she will return to him. It had been 5 year, WY was barely holding on and almost gave up hope and plan to end his life when MY finally appeared and they live happily ever after. 

My opinion... I didn't read the whole novel and I am sure MY and WY gone through a lot and their love is pretty much definite throughout the story but I can't help but find the second and third male characters more interesting and their endings had a more lasting effect on me...I am curious to see how the drama will play this all out. On a side note, I do like both the female and male lead but is it me or does she have more chemistry with the second male lead? Or maybe it is my bias that I like the general more at this point... lol

'].join("")),c.creativeParameters.ad_container_id=b,c.creativeParameters.generate_ad_slot="true",null==c.displayConfigParameters&&(c.displayConfigParameters={}),c.displayConfigParameters.ad_container_id=b);c=a.a;b=c.renderingLibraryData;e=b.version;if(x(a,"HTML5")&&!("latest"==e||0<=C(e,"200_108"))&&(c=c.html5Features,!("Modernizr"in g)&&"array"==k(c)&&0DigoDog_en_html5_digopage_970x250-636892298969173978-5c9a8f44e534b11034ab6161.jpg"""

Spoiler

Ok the way you explained it is a good ending but the way that China acts if they cut out time travel i can see her dying and not coming back.. I have not seen much of the general yet to judge but im excited. 

5 hours ago, BreezeC said:

Hide contents

When MaoYao woke up, she remembered everything...her past and everything Rong Qi did for her and was devastated.However, she know that both men, FC and WY and their armies had arrived to save her and knowing ED's plan, she needed to stop the brothers from killing each other. She arrived in time before the brothers fought each other and ED was very angry and confronted her son. That's when everyone realized that RQ is already dead and it was just his body sitting on the throne. Knowing her plan failed, she exposed the truth and FC was devastated to learn the truth and was shock. He had spent his whole life extracting revenge from his true family, killing his father, cremated his mother?, and humiliated his own brother, even using his own wife and it was all a joke afterward. He wanted to end his life then and there but MY saved him and said she forgive him but it was WY who told him to finish off the evil witch before you end your life that revived him. Working as a team, they fought her and defeated her. Wu You wanted to punish her and set her punishment as thousands of knife cuts until her last breathe and then have five horses tear her body apart. However, RQ's loyal eunuch gave MY a letter from RQ of his last word. It said to let his mother die quickly as if he already know the outcome. Even though she was a terrible mother, he still didn't want her to die painfully. MY asked WY to just kill her and not make her suffer. At the end, FC was the one that killed her in one move but this incident drove a wedge against MY and WY. FC, overwhelmed with the truth, abandoned everything, hopped on his horse and disappeared. 

Oh wow this is so Makjang ... I'm interested to see how they play this out without all the mystic/supernatural stuff. I'm loving the general - hes definitely a shrek with all them onion layers lol 

20 hours ago, BreezeC said:

Hide contents

Thanks for the details! Definitely a much better ending than my initial impression! Especially in regard to the general! He’s not straight out a villain! And yes, I’m totally loving his character if they follow the novel’s part on how he finally learn to love her the right way and able to let go. I do find his chemistry with her in the drama is a lot hotter lol! Maybe because it’s such a strong opposite to one another, too bad we never get to explore this pairing lol, only time we get is their unity front when other try to take them down.

there is an mv of the ost sang by the main actress with pretty much a spoiler for the ending? It seems that she and the prince manage to get together and both have black hair? And judging from their hairstyle, it is after the stabbing incident. Especially since they can’t do time travelling lol. Though I found in the novel, the prince got jealous because she also loves RQ is a bit petty. He should have been more understanding? After all, it’s a dead man, jealous of a dead man is just petty! Knowing she also love him, that make him one up from the dead man because he’s alive -.-? Still don’t like the prince much after all these details lol! Poor Rong qi :( at least he got to love and be loved by her, however brief it was!

On 5/29/2019 at 2:18 AM, cheerieK said:

Gosh 2 weeks is really a long wait. How could that happen even with the leak of 8 episodes?  Btw I came across Jing Chou in Hear to Heart. Again he was the 2nd male lead that could only stay as the best friend to the FL. What a pity but i do like him a lot in that drama lol. 

LoRD is too fantasy for me. :D

I think they leak 16 eps lol! I remembered seeing 15-16 the night before (freshly released). Next night, I was just checking and thought I was being too hopeful, as no more should be coming out, but to my surprise, there were 8 newly subbed eps along with 8 raw lol!

anyway, I checked out l.o.r.d and couldn’t stomach the bad acting pass half of the first episode lol! The main actor keeps doing this surprise face and big eyes! Can’t stand it! So childish. Then I went and checked out legend of the Phoenix, it supposed to be good? Well it’s not -.- the actress acts like a deer looking at a headlight :unamused: the male lead has this 1 “cool” look that he’s overused it a bit :unamused: all in all, these two dramas suddenly made princess silver from B to A++ lol! Basically in term of period/fantasy, princess silver is miles above the rest atm lol!

i don’t like the producer notes on how she choose actress for the show lol. While I love pretty actress who can act, her requirements were foremost being pretty and then can act decently/has promising air (for each actress, she listed they are pretty/beautiful first then talk about their acting). That’s just showcase how vain cdrama has become lol. I read that article too and it didn’t leave me a good impression :/ there is no mention of how she choose the guys though.

For the guys, acting wise so far, the General > Rong qi > the prince, that being said the General  is just barely pass the decent mark for me lol (but after the mv, he really nailed the character so well). Rong qi is just a bit too melodramatic lol. His puppy cry face at the wedding is a bit over exaggerated lol. While the prince tends to have one expression for everything lol or such soulless eyes that his acting feels bland.

this mv is a must watch for the General lol, the song fitted his character so well, so heartbreaking :bawling:

The line “you stand behind me, laughing at the idea lasting a life time” wow, talking about a stab in the heart! “I could only fight until the end, gently accepts the lies”. Best song for this drama :/ so melodramatic but so good lol

Although the actress was chosen for prettiness over acting first, I have to say shes one of best female leads in a long time. Absolutely cannot handle Crystal in Listening Snow Tower. Gave Crystal as much good will but when it comes to really meaty scenes shes either this blank look or a confused/maybe torn/maybe uncomfortable look and it just ruins the entire scene. Her response to the criticisms are that she will take all feedback and work her best - good to be positive but I dont see any improvement SMH  I realised  the Male lead in LST and the Female lead here in PS stared together in the recent Summers Desire remake, I keep imagining if the worked together in both dramas and honestly I think it would have been much better! 

21 hours ago, BreezeC said:

Reveal hidden contents

thank you so much 
 but what happened to their son?

41 minutes ago, aya02 said:

thank you so much 
 but what happened to their son?

I agree with you. What happen to their son? Also, how did WY reaction to MY death and how did he find out abt her death?

So many questions that need answers. Lol

3 hours ago, Natyo said:

Although the actress was chosen for prettiness over acting first, I have to say shes one of best female leads in a long time. Absolutely cannot handle Crystal in Listening Snow Tower. Gave Crystal as much good will but when it comes to really meaty scenes shes either this blank look or a confused/maybe torn/maybe uncomfortable look and it just ruins the entire scene. Her response to the criticisms are that she will take all feedback and work her best - good to be positive but I dont see any improvement SMH  I realised  the Male lead in LST and the Female lead here in PS stared together in the recent Summers Desire remake, I keep imagining if the worked together in both dramas and honestly I think it would have been much better! 

Yea, she’s pretty boring. I got bored after 5 episodes, I like the main male lead enough though (even though he isn’t a looker for me xD), however, with such boring female lead, I kinda falling asleep watching that series, plus way too many flashbacks lol. I watched the original summer’s desire and love it, and I don’t think the new one will give the same feeling, because Big S is just so pretty, and even though I’m meh about Peter Ho, he nailed the puppy face lol!

the female lead of PS is indeed quite solid in her acting. She’s indeed one of the best so far for the young generation! But I need to see her exploding chemistry with a male lead lol! So far, the one who has solid chemistry with her Co-star and decent acting, best atm is Bai Lu for me (based on unbeatable lovers and the legend). 

5 hours ago, Natyo said:

Does anyone know if there is an English translation of this novel? 

There doesn't seem to be any. 

8 hours ago, Alila Nguyen said:

While I love pretty actress who can act, her requirements were foremost being pretty and then can act decently/has promising air (for each actress, she listed they are pretty/beautiful first then talk about their acting).

From what I recall, she didn't refer to them as pretty. Her first requirement was that they had to have beautiful skin/blemish free skin. She wanted her cast members to appear on screen with skin full of collagen lol.  She also doesn't like plastic looking faces and that each cast member should have their own distinctive look, even a maid should have a memorable face per her words. Her third criteria was that they respect their professions and they have acting skills. She's either worked with the cast members in the past or received recommendations from friends and coworkers, and the cast members went through 4 rounds of auditions. I do agree with you that the acting skills should come first, but where does one find a pretty face with acting skills and a name big enough to carry the series these days. Plus low cost since this is her first series as a producer. So hard to find.

8 hours ago, cheerieK said:

wow 

so they made her hair turn white because she thought she killed the prince  instead of that incident in the novel

i think it's better like that 

Spoiler

D706jDVWkAEUFAv.jpg

Spoiler

D706mIQW4AAXnfY.jpg

Spoiler

D706odvXUAEEIXM.jpg

Spoiler

D706pzEXoAMU8iK.jpg

Archived