[Drama 2019] Trap 트랩

larus

Ooh...now I'm intrigued as to why a lot of people are saying WooHyun is evil. Can someone give me a spoiler, please? :D 

Anyway, I'll wait until the series is finish so I can watch eps. 5-7 in one sitting. And while I don't expect Trap to have a 'good will prevail and justice will be serve' ending I do hope they don't kill Dong-kook, that's not too much to ask right?! 

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, feignedreality said:

Ooh...now I'm intrigued as to why a lot of people are saying WooHyun is evil. Can someone give me a spoiler, please? :D

There are hints earlier but episode 6 shows him to be a monster.

Spoiler

He killed his wife but his son saw him strangling her, so he covered up the killing by staging the hunting scenario and he killed his own son.  He feels no emotion whatsoever.

21 minutes ago, thistle said:

There are hints earlier but episode 6 shows him to be a monster.

Reveal hidden contents

He killed his wife but his son saw him strangling her, so he covered up the killing by staging the hunting scenario and he killed his own son.  He feels no emotion whatsoever.

Oooohhh... that↑ is :naughty:. Can't say I'm surprised because everyone in this series seems to have no soul whatsoever but d.a.m.n. Thanks btw, and yes I'm that type of weirdo who actually likes spoilers. :tounge_xd:

24 minutes ago, feignedreality said:

Oooohhh... that↑ is :naughty:. Can't say I'm surprised because everyone in this series seems to have no soul whatsoever but d.a.m.n. Thanks btw, and yes I'm that type of weirdo who actually likes spoilers. :tounge_xd:

I think Detective Ko and the profiler have souls (and so did poor Detective Bae!) but the rest of the bunch sure don't.  And, oh yeah, that Kitten really really really has a soul (actually he looks a bit like my kitten Dolly); if he doesn't survive the show I will be vastly annoyed.  I want Detective Ko to end well, too.

And I am also that kind of weirdo who loves to be spoiled.  In fact, I enjoy watching dramas more if I already know what is gonna happen next--that way I can look forward to it without getting all stressed and freaked out.  :D

Who knew that the man who we pitied the most is the one who orchestrated all? :phew:

"Justice, trust, sympathy and pity. He used that to trap the country". Yeah, he put the entire country into the trap and the audience as well. Kang Woo-Hyun is a monster.

I really really want Ko Dong Kook`s family to be alright. He has suffered enough.

I am so glad it is over next week. I don't think I could take any other episode...

My nails are all gone. Ha ha.....

I have to admit it is quite impressive what Kang Woo Hyun has managed to do. The way he manipulated everyone so that it would now be very hard to even be accused of the crimes he actually committed. But isn't it there more? Isn't he too intelligent to be manipulated by others and be part of the Hunters? Somehow I would not be surprised if he went against them too at this point.

I was so glad to see the cat but who is going to take care of him now that Inspector Ko is stuck in that 'hospital' place?

Trap: Episode 4

by Regals

Trap04-00647.jpg

With the cover-up operation in full effect, our protagonist will need to dodge several metaphorical landmines just to keep himself from shouldering all the blame. At the same time, our righteous detectives will need to put themselves one step ahead of their corrupt counterparts to keep their investigation moving forward unabated.

EPISODE 4: “Secrets and Lies”

http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/02/trap-episode-4/

Finally was able to catch up. BOMB TROP. This drama totally suprised me.  Even in my wildest dream I wouldn't believed the outcome. But totally loving it. Thank god this has only one episode left. but my question is how this is gonna end?

Wow. I just finished Ep 5-6. Revelations one after the other. I did not imagine it would be like that. WH is bstard!! To think  I feltsad and sorry pitied that character.  I want to see  WH suffer painfully and gruesome  just like what happened to his son!

I'm anticipating episode 7. omg! Dong Kook's family!

@larus@carolinedl@joccu@thistle@katakwasabi@feignedreality chingus... I'm happy we're watching this.  We got a good drama here but only 1 episode left. It fast progression. Fast pace even the flashback is fast one. If this was 16-20 episodes  we'd have  a lot of unneccessary scenes.

2 hours ago, joccu said:

Finally was able to catch up. BOMB TROP. This drama totally suprised me.  Even in my wildest dream I wouldn't believed the outcome. But totally loving it. Thank god this has only one episode left. but my question is how this is gonna end?

Ikr. Same here I did not even think for moment he had something to do with it.  How's it gonna end? WH has to suffer! no ifs no buts :angry:

4 hours ago, jongski said:

WH has to suffer! no ifs no buts :angry:

Agreed.  But can he suffer?  He feels no emotions.  Maybe he can feel physical pain but he cannot feel the emotional torture that he has caused others, and that's really unfair.

1 hour ago, thistle said:

Agreed.  But can he suffer?  He feels no emotions.  Maybe he can feel physical pain but he cannot feel the emotional torture that he has caused others, and that's really unfair.

You're right. And if he suffers who would be sad for him? so in effect emotions useless. He probably had that rage of emotion when he strangled his wife. I wonder how it's going to end. I want to see smiling Dong Kook with his daugther.

There are some things that are really bothering me about episode 6. I think they are throwing out some more red herrings with the second scenario - not that I don't think that much of it is true - just don't think it was the beginning - I thnk it was part of a long complex multi-layed maze with many traps.

In the first episode his wife comments on his precise planning.  So the scenario that he killed his wife and did everything based on a picture in his child's room at the spur of the moment doesn't quite work for me.  There's the snake bite thing and the police officer that took him to tea to kill him and then ends up being just fine with taking him to identify his wife's severed head.

Things that bother me.

1. The reporter who "conveniently" shows up by the house afterwards and has a women who knew they were hunters and identified the CEO and the other people as part of this group --   I think he's after bigger fish - becoming the head of the whole group - not just part of it.

2.  How did the police officer show up with tear gas and mask and save the other police officers?  How did he know where they were - and I'm pretty sure he doesn't keep tear gas and a mask in his car.

3.  When the profiler confronts him about his expression he knows that the conversation is being heard by the "group" and it's referred to later.  We're led to believe the he calls to order the hit - but how does he know she is driving the other detective's car.  It wasn't her car that was messed with it was the other detectives - that's where the bomb is.

@thistle and @jongski - I also wonder how it will end. Will he be exposed to all as the monster that he is? I think that might be his best punishment.

At the same time, Koreans have a tendency to have quite dark shows/movies so I am not sure we'll get a 'happy' ending in terms of the Hunters. All I hope is for Inspector Do and his dear profiler to be ok and live as family with that kitten too!

13 hours ago, jcbel said:

In the first episode his wife comments on his precise planning.  So the scenario that he killed his wife and did everything based on a picture in his child's room at the spur of the moment doesn't quite work for me.  There's the snake bite thing and the police officer that took him to tea to kill him and then ends up being just fine with taking him to identify his wife's severed head.

Are those two things exclusive? Yes, he perhaps acted on the spur of the moment but his planning after the act was quite precise and rested on the case he was actually working on/pretending to research for work.

I do agree the police officer who is now fine after almost being killed by him is a bit weird. I am hoping they will go somewhere with that in episode 7.

Here are some thoughts on your points:

1. The reporter and the woman - Just because Kang Evil-Bastard killed his wife there does not mean that it was not previously a hunting ground of the group, no? Choosing to go there after he killed his wife points to his careful planning and setting it all up in relation to the Hunters.

2. He actually explains he has kept some material, etc. As for knowing where they are, I assumed it was based on the video; and as a cop, he was probably aware of that cyber café. I cannot imagine it being very difficult for him to put two and two together.

3. Was it a bomb? I thought they had but the break and it was the liquid after the crash that caused the explosion?

Only one ep left. I still don't know how the good guys can win. 

It would be interesting if they can spin it again and make Woohyun actually a good guy undercover, and all that dongkuk said in ep 6 was speculation. But the polaroid picture evidence is too concrete I suppose, with the pinhole at the edges.

I gave in and watch eps. 5-6. Haha.

But before I go on and on about the episodes, let me just say that I like Lee Seo Jin but uhm...maybe I've seen him in all his Seojinnie variety glory way too much but I find his acting a bit lacking. Like I can see Lee Seo Jin "acting" as Woo Hyun,  you can feel him playing the character as opposed to embodying it. Just my opinion though, please don't hunt me down. :D

So on to the episodes:

1. why does young masters' Japanese sound Korean? I actually thought he was speaking pure Korean lines all this time.:P

2. does any of you think Ms.Jo(?) eats the hunted humans? the way she asked about the 'meat' sort of gave that vibe.

3. is WooHyun really evil or are we being reverse Keyser Söze-d here? The scenario Dong Kook presented is possible but I just feel like something is weird about it. If we go with the presented scenario, 1st he strangles his wife because of infidelity/jealousy(?), his son witnesses this so he decides to kill him too, then he brings the dead body and a living witness to the cafe in the mountains that is of significance to him and his very dead wife, which by the way also happens to be the current hunting ground of the rich psychos so he then stages his planned 'hunted' scenario to earn the sympathy of a nation in order to run for public office. I mean I buy it but at the same time, I don't.

Haha....I know my rambling did not make sense at all. :lol: I mean I'd be too lazy to do everything that WooHyun did just to enter politics but that's just me and thankfully I think that means I'm not a psycho. Phew!

14 hours ago, carolinedl said:

Are those two things exclusive? Yes, he perhaps acted on the spur of the moment but his planning after the act was quite precise and rested on the case he was actually working on/pretending to research for work.

1. The reporter and the woman - Just because Kang Evil-Bastard killed his wife there does not mean that it was not previously a hunting ground of the group, no? Choosing to go there after he killed his wife points to his careful planning and setting it all up in relation to the Hunters.

2. He actually explains he has kept some material, etc. As for knowing where they are, I assumed it was based on the video; and as a cop, he was probably aware of that cyber café. I cannot imagine it being very difficult for him to put two and two together.

3. Was it a bomb? I thought they had but the break and it was the liquid after the crash that caused the explosion?

Spur of the moment rage doesn't sit with the profile of a person who doesn't have strong emotional reactions and has to observe people to mimic strong feelings.   I'm not saying he didn't strangle her - just that I don't believe it was a spur of the moment emotional decision.  I think he had been planning it for a while.

1. I wasn't saying that it wasn't a hunting ground - I was commenting on the "coincidence" that a reporter shows up with a witness - and that he may be part of the trap.

2.  That's a lot of assumptions when the other police weren't aware of the cafe.  And if it was based on the video - where were all the other police? And where did all the teargas equipment come from?  He disappears and then just reappears - he knows about the group and what their plans are - so is he trying to redeem himself?  Has he begun to work against the group and thereforeagainst Kang Woo who is now part of the group?  How much does he now know about KW?

3.  If you go back and look at the person who she calls to on the hill - he has a phone and he detonates the bomb with the phone he is carrying.

I am really looking forward to Sunday to find out how wrong I probably am - this is what I love about good mystery/thrillers.  What did I miss?  What did I see - it's  such fun to try and figure out the puzzle.

Re: LSJ's acting.   I actually think he is one of the best in Korea.   He is subtle and multidimensional which I think that is rather rare in Korea.

Being charming on the surface, which is how a psychopath is and then revealing the emotional shallowness just through small facial changes is a real talent.  When I was younger I worked with an attorney who represented a famous psychopathic serial killer - and LSJ has portrayed this kind of character perfectly.

3 hours ago, feignedreality said:

.....Like I can see Lee Seo Jin "acting" as Woo Hyun,  you can feel him playing the character as opposed to embodying it. Just my opinion though, please don't hunt me down. :D.....

.....2. does any of you think Ms.Jo(?) eats the hunted humans? the way she asked about the 'meat' sort of gave that vibe.....

Don't worry, I'm vegetarian and I'm not hunting anybody down.  ;)

Although I understand that he is a great performer, I have also noticed LSJ "acting" in this role.  I wasn't sure, though, if this because his character was visibly acting (given what we've found out in episode 6) or whether it was an acting fail.  Or maybe it's just a very difficult role to play because there is so much lying, duplicity, and duality.  It's hard to guess which.

And, YES, oh my goodness, that is exactly what I thought of Ms. Jo!  There was just something about the way that she delivered her lines on whether the meat was frozen properly or not.  :blink:  Such an icky thought!

Just some further thoughts on why I think that Woo Hyun planned the death well in advance of the actual death.

She and her son were political liabilities.  There is nothing more invasive then the press when you run for political office.  His wife is a very popular tv personality who is not only been unfaithful - she engaged in very risky behavior (elevator scene).  If he could find out about the infidelity, and the financial irregularaties of the CEO so could other reporters.  They had been aware of the cabal for years.

If she died and her son and the CEO and hunters were laid to blame -- there would be no investigation - it would be stopped before it started in deference to his pain as the victim. 

The hunter cabal obviously gave their support to him well before event since he would be incapable after the event.  They had to dispose of the body and make it end up in the CEO's basement.  They had to capture reporter Kim (and why is she still alive?) - she has to have a purpose that supports him in some way - she has seen the cabal - so why have they let her live?

Just how far this plan goes (he was in special forces) and the cabal are all people involved in the torture and oppression during the Japanese occupation - curiouser and curiouser.

6 hours ago, feignedreality said:

3. is WooHyun really evil or are we being reverse Keyser Söze-d here? The scenario Dong Kook presented is possible but I just feel like something is weird about it. If we go with the presented scenario, 1st he strangles his wife because of infidelity/jealousy(?), his son witnesses this so he decides to kill him too, then he brings the dead body and a living witness to the cafe in the mountains that is of significance to him and his very dead wife, which by the way also happens to be the current hunting ground of the rich psychos so he then stages his planned 'hunted' scenario to earn the sympathy of a nation in order to run for public office. I mean I buy it but at the same time, I don't.

I know. The usual suspect.  He's definitely ambitious. He strangled his wife in rage of jealousy. And because the son, he killed his son. He's messed up.

3 hours ago, jcbel said:

Just some further thoughts on why I think that Woo Hyun planned the death well in advance of the actual death.

She and her son were political liabilities.  There is nothing more invasive then the press when you run for political office.  His wife is a very popular tv personality who is not only been unfaithful - she engaged in very risky behavior (elevator scene).  If he could find out about the infidelity, and the financial irregularaties of the CEO so could other reporters.  They had been aware of the cabal for years. 

So just like that. Because of that "liability" he did that to his family. To his son. That gruesome thing.  It's unfathomable. He's a psycho. I know this is just drama but.. the thought of personalities existing in real life.. gives me the shudders.

Archived