[Drama 2018] Happy If You Died/ Feel Good to Die, 죽어도 좋아

larus

image-readtop-2018-797679-15454442513578

http://m.mk.co.kr/news/headline/2018/797679

[In this article] Through the characters of Choi Min-joo, Park Yoo-deok & Lee Jung-hwa, the drama explores the real life plights of a working mom, a sole breadwinner & a contract employee.They were transformed under Baek Jin-sang's reformed leadership. 

Guys, we've earned a praise. 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, selenette said:

@larus The version that they use is Celine Dion's. ;)

So it is true that I heard the song. :D I watched the drama the day before I wrote the comment and then I watched 2 episodes from another drama. The song stuck on my head but I wasn`t sure I got it right. 

4 hours ago, selenette said:

Through the characters of Choi Min-joo, Park Yoo-deok & Lee Jung-hwa, the drama explores the real life plights of a working mom, a sole breadwinner & a contract employee.They were transformed under Baek Jin-sang's reformed leadership. 

The drama has touched the subject of working moms, contract employees and a sole breadwinner situation.

The article said: Choi Min-joo (Ryu Hyun-kyung), the only working mommy of the marketing team, showed the sadness of "working mom" who does not want to miss both "work" and "parenting".

I am glad this show explored the situation of working moms. Min Joo is not only a working mom but a pregnant woman who is doing her job very well. Nobody should worry about their jobs because they can`t do many hours after the working program. Women suffer discrimination all over the world. I read an article how a woman had problems in a company (in South Korea) after she fell pregnant. It made my blood boil from anger. In the drama the situation got a solution, in real life it is so hard. But at least, the drama acknowledged the situation.

On 12/21/2018 at 10:48 PM, Lawyerh said:

They look like theyre bickering. But i found them actually have some "unspoken teamwork" when being pressed by others :sweatingbullets:. Some things just never changed between them, despite time loop / tragedy & RD forgetfulness :lol:

Like the salt throwing :lol:

2 hours ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

Chingus I don't quite understand the age difference problem in the drama. In my society 12 years gap was never a problem between married couple. Is it rejected in Korea? 

@nohamahamoud2002 In the webtoon, Mr Baek is older by

Spoiler

20 years

Than Roo-da.

In the drama Baek Jin-sang is younger by 8 years than Mr Baek, so the age gap between this character and Roo-da is noticeably shortened.

Still, if Roo-da asks any  layperson on the streets which one among Jin-sang or Joon-ho that she must choose, the majority of the answer will point towards Joon-ho, as a young chaebol heir and overseas graduate. 

Overseas graduates are treasured highly in Korea. Being young and coming from a respectable, privileged background work to Joon-ho's advantage, too. 

If you notice in Korean celebrity cases where the male party among the couples is older by 10 or more years, you'll find that they are usually criticized (in some cases severely) by knetz as either shameless or cradle robbing. 

Another aspect that might make Mr Baek or Baek Jin-sang unsuitable by Korean standard of matchmaking is his lack of bloodline (familial ties). A person of this background is considered aimless. This is why birth secret tropes are popular in Korean dramas: they value bloodline highly. 

P.S.

I might point out that Baek Jin-sang's (not Mr.Baek's) advantages as a match are: his stable job (and salary), his earnestness, and his background as a (probably) SKY university alumnus.

I like the fact that Ruda is a mature person (but not when it comes to men :D). Otherwise she has clear-cut opinions about right and wrong. She can stand up to injustice and defend her co-workers. She managed to change BJS to be like her. They make a very good team.

I am beginning to like Junhoo now. He is weird but you feel he is a bit childish too. He needs to gain some purpose in life. I think he will learn his lesson when his scheming uncle tries to take over the company with Yu Sibaek's help. We can't predict how this will happen because Junhoo's wish to make things up between his father, grandfather and uncle is yet to be fulfilled.

BJS already knows everything. Will he interfere to prevent the deterioration of the grandfather's health state (after the uncle revealed the secret about Junhoo's father)?

Also Yu Sibaek's original plan was to get rid of the uncle, how will the writer solve this? Will the uncle go to prison?

1.jpg

7.jpg

source:

https://m.post.naver.com/viewer/postView.nhn?volumeNo=17395392&memberNo=25606334

The caption to Baek Jin-hee's ig photo that @jenappelle posted: "Today's kitchen part timer."

What does it even mean...?

In the webtoon

Spoiler

There was a scene where Kang Mi-ro hid in the office kitchen as one of the servers to avoid Roo-da.

Are they going to distort that scene?

@nohamahamoud2002 I have no idea how they would solve the office politics problems in just 4 short episodes (2 long episodes). But I bet Jin-sang would use his knowledge of the past time loop to bypass the routes to solutions.

chingus, the drama has deeper meanings than just romance. It is about change. Everyone is given a chance to change to the better. BJS has to change from a selfish lonely person to a selfless caring social one. Ruda has to change from a timid person to a brave one who defends her beliefs and help others. Juhnoo has to grow up from the childish lonely person to a mature person who needs to reunite with his family if he can. The office workers have to change to more responsible workers who try to do their best. The uncle has to make it up with his father. Hyun-Jung herself had to change to a braver person who can speak her mind. The grandfather has a serious problem indeed. He separated Junhoo from his father and sent Juhnoo to study abroad. He also mistreated the uncle, favoring his brother over him. Yu Sibaek herself needs to change.

So in my opinion, so far many of these meanings have been achieved, only a few things left to be solved. I really never look for romance alone in dramas. There are more deeper meanings hidden. Of course BJS/Ruda chemistry is very strong. But it is not the only theme in the drama. So whatever the end is, it is up to the writer. I am glad that Ruda is regaining her memory and courage. But then Kang Ji Hwan is sooooooooooo good-looking :D

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

photos source:

https://m.post.naver.com/viewer/postView.nhn?volumeNo=17395392&memberNo=25606334

3 hours ago, selenette said:

@nohamahamoud2002 If Roo-da doesn't want Jin-sang, you should really claim him. Kang Ji-hwan has too many ladies lining up for him worldwide (he can't help it: being handsome, athletic and trilingual). :D

I'm also eagerly waiting for the final episodes. 

Honestly speaking, I really wish Kang Ji Hwan gets married. I feel he is a bit lonely in real life. I watched a video when he was speaking about that. And felt so sorry for him. I posted it to you in a message.

Spoiler

Capture.jpg

Capture1.jpg
Capture2.jpg

I am worried about KJH not BJS :D:D

6 minutes ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

Honest speaking, I really wish Kang Ji Hwan gets married. I feel he is a bit lonely in real life. I watched a video when he was speaking about that. And felt so sorry for him. I posted it to you in a message.

I've already suspected it for some time (that he is very lonely, having watched his interviews etc). May the best of luck stay with him always.

And since this isn't his thread, anyone wants to talk about the finale?

I'm a bit worried about the possible outcome of Jin-sang's conflict with Yoo Shi-baek. Has he forgotten that he promised to make amends with her in the past timeline? Or would that happen later for plot convenience? 

Only 4 episodes left, so things have to be solved quickly. I can't predict but Yu Sibaek did something illegal with the shares of MW chicken (I don't understand it). And made the uncle sign a paper? ?

Will BJS warn Han Kang? If so he can avoid imprisonment. Also about Junhoo's father. It is still unsettled.

@Lawyerh I don't think so, the word 배식 in the caption means commercial public kitchen, like the ones in school or office canteens or at events.

But yes, maybe Roo-da is punished and has to work outside of the office (in the kitchen) as a punishment. Or maybe she volunteers. 

15 minutes ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

I am tired of predictions. We have two days left till the preview and stills are out :). Let's watch the first episodes again and laugh. I miss them 

lol, I already started doing that  Many good laughs with how their reactions change to things.

1 hour ago, selenette said:

@nohamahamoud2002 If Roo-da doesn't want Jin-sang, you should really claim him. Kang Ji-hwan has too many ladies lining up for him worldwide (he can't help it: being handsome, athletic and trilingual). :D

I'm also eagerly waiting for the final episodes. 

trilingual?  In what languages?

Annyeong chingus! I am back! :wub:

What's up, ah.??! We only have 2 days more with our lovely couple here so, I feel kind of disappointed! And I should watch this series again!! You know, there are so many dramas out there your heart says, "re watch, re watch, re watch"... I am so glad that this belongs to the same type! :)

And dear @nohamahamoud2002 - do you have the full video of Kang Ji Wan's above interview..?! Please let me know!! And you are so right!! HE IS LONELY!! :cold_sweat:

11 minutes ago, phoenix24 said:

lol, I already started doing that  Many good laughs with how their reactions change to things.

trilingual?  In what languages?

In Japanese, Mandarin, Korean (obviously), and some English. So four, actually, but he's not that fluent in English.

Archived