Zhu Yi Long 朱一龙 Official Thread

siobhanne

@siobhanne I can't agree with you more! When I heard the defamation of plastic surgery I rolled my eyes and think about his pimple lol Just to add another point, if you watched some of his older show, you will notice that the pimple has been on and off on his face throughout the years but for this year, it grew more bigger/noticeable and it didn't seem to go away and that's why he seek medical procedures to get rid of it. Yes, for someone who have a pimple for over a year, I doubt he went under the knife to do plastic surgery. To be honest, I love his wrinkles and laughing lines lol Sometime when he looks too gorgeous and perfect, I felt he is unreal and then I saw his wrinkles and I am like, yeah, he's is real and I love his imperfection lol (P.S. I strongly dislike botox because it affects your acting and no true fans of his acting should even suggest that)

@edushow Yes, you are right. His aura and attitudes does change based on what characters he is playing at that time. He is still himself but he is affected by the characters he is portraying. That's why I think he is so amazing because he can bring himself into characters and understand and live as someone else. If I recall correctly, when he filmed 'Family Banquet' he was overly actively during the interview but when he is done filming and was promoting the drama, he is back to his shy and nervous self. A recent example is when he filmed 'My True Friend', his character is more mature, artistic, and introverted and that's what he conveyed during those time but when he is done and move on to "The Lost Tomb", he is more younger, relax, and innocent. To be honest, I don't know the indepth characterizations of those character (trying not to spoil myself and wait for ZYL's portrayal) but he feels different and the contrast is quite visible. But no matter what, he is still ZYL, down-to-earth, honest, logical, serious, gentle etc etc etc sorry I can go on and on... hehe...

• Like 3

I am not sure if he has plastic surgery or not, but he seems to look the same to me.  However, now he is more mature, and he change his style a bit.  I love everything about him, his wrinkles, his pimples, the way he walks..etc.   It is funny, but I rather look a t his slender body vs. some hot young well-built model.  I think he is hotter.  

btw, does anyone know who to register a weibo account without using a phone number?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, huilin84 said:

Use email to register from weibo intertional...i use email and can register

Can you show me the link?  If possible, can you show me how to register too?  Sorry for asking too many details.  

@BreezeC If people would call it botulism toxin injections, instead of botox, I think more people would take it a bit more seriously. I agree that it's stupid for an actor to kill nerves in their face. Although of course, especially for women, there's a great pressure to remain young. So in some cases I guess they can weigh a bit of dead nerves against a lot of money and say it's worth it. And we who analyse the minute details of someone's face are complicit in creating such an environment unfortunately. 

@usagi0 I also prefer to look at him, but that's because I already like him. But it's one of the rare cases I like an actor and he's also exactly my taste for looks (face). Usually I just go for the acting and personality combo, but he has the trinity. 

• Like 2

I have been watching ZYL and BY interviews and streams and their real personalities are somewhat similar to Shen Wei and Yun Lan. Of course, it doesn't take away the fact that they are great actors who can portray their characters' emotions and let the viewers feel their pain, sadness and happiness. It's funny how he just deadass stares at the camera for one of the streams he did for one week before Guardian finale. Seeing how he interacts with fans, he really is super calm and cold kinda vibe but honest at the same time whereas BY is just total opposite. He definitely is an experienced streamer. I am just happy for them to finally getting all the attention they deserve. 

Btw, does anyone here use twitter? Maybe we can have a group chat on twitter, it's easier to use on mobile that way. If interested, drop your @ pls :innocent: . mine is midnightbliss01. I am just going to tag a few that i see are active users @BreezeC @siobhanne @katthy @paopaolong 

21 hours ago, siobhanne said:

@edushow For clarity, I don't think his fans wanted him to get botox, they suggested he use face creams or serums or elixirs or such things to improve and preserve the health of his skin. And he told them that of course it's important to maintain his looks as an actor but he doesn't want to be too precious or perfect.

Thanks for clarifying!

20 hours ago, BreezeC said:

@siobhanne (P.S. I strongly dislike botox because it affects your acting and no true fans of his acting should even suggest that)

Indeed! I love Korean dramas and I can tell that some actors and actresses go over the top with botox. They basically have no movements in their forehead area. At the end of the day Zhu Yilong who is the king of microexpressions would lose a lot more with botox than some wrinkles.

@gg9whitediamondI don't really like twitter but I think it is great idea!

On 11/28/2018 at 9:00 AM, BreezeC said:

I never thought I will say this in my life but I really really want to be that wall :joy:

OMG we're definitely on the same page @BreezeC about this because when I first saw this pic, I 've got your same thought I WANT TO BE THAT WALL, DAMN !!!! 1518254212.gif

22 hours ago, BreezeC said:

Yes, for someone who have a pimple for over a year, I doubt he went under the knife to do plastic surgery. To be honest, I love his wrinkles and laughing lines lol Sometime when he looks too gorgeous and perfect, I felt he is unreal and then I saw his wrinkles and I am like, yeah, he's is real and I love his imperfection lol

1 hour ago, edushow said:

At the end of the day Zhu Yilong who is the king of microexpressions would lose a lot more with botox than some wrinkles. 

YES!!! EXACTLY!!!  I agree with you girls!!! 1526154448.gif

I love him exactly in the way he is, just... well... maybe a bit of long hair? 1518254683.gif
who knows me, well knows I'm a super fans of his long hair + ponytail LOL

All right so... for all the new fans who has joined the group... this is my welcome! ;)

4452808DkDfeVPU0AEz7jr.jpg

Edited by angelangie
Mod Edit: Do not quote pictures
  • Like 4

ZYL is going to attend Esquire 2018「MAN AT HIS BEST」 Award Show in Beijing on Dec 4. 

47404fc7gy1fxp2r7uq85j20j60y3wki.jpg

【15th MAHB x Zhu YiLong】Video Clip 

Link to the video: https://www.weibo.com/tv/v/H531NzjKb?fid=1034:4312032829212177   11 sec of ZYL being handsome as usual 

Fans already made gifs from the video :D

00740cadly1fxq1qdgvcsg30i2097u0x.gif

00740cadly1fxq1qfleokg30i20do7wk.gif

00740cadly1fxq1qgccgig30i20a04qt.gif

00740cadly1fxq1so8ujxg30i20bh1kz.gif
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

There's a new channel that subs his interviews! 

How does he refer to his popularity after guardian: a period when his workload increased :D

and he is continuously hoping to get rid of fans. Bless him. 

the interviews where he talks about his work are my favourite. 

Okay. I'm gonna continue watching now. 

okay, one more. This one is without subs but it's one of my favourite videos of him :)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

@siobhanne LOL I love how you interpret his interview... I interpret it as 'Once my popularity decrease, I can go out and take a vacation lol' I love hearing him talk about his works too because he is always so engaged and focus. There is a saying that a man is most mesmerizing  and captivating when they are serious in work, this is 100% true of ZYL while watching that last video. My absolutely favorite :).

His interview is always so positive, motivating, and insightful. Funny, in the past when I follow favorite actors, I watch interview and search about them to learn more about them but for ZYL (although I want to learn about him too) I am more interested in his view/thoughts and it is quite inspiring and motivating to our own life...As he said, we have to live our own life and it is amazing how he is so relatable...He just make me like him more and more as we explore more about him :) 

• Like 2

@usagi0 @huilin84 I've just successfully signed up for a weibo account with my phone number. I think it's easier than using email address. 

I followed the instructions of @huilin84 to register on my PC, I still had to provide phone number to receive verified code and I was informed that my number is incorrect. 

When I used my phone to register, it was much easier. Just chose my country code and input my phone number, succeeded!!! ✌️✌️ ✌️  

@edushowDon't know why people said he had plastic surgery. Just watch his old films like 杀机伏, had he got plastic surgery, he must have done it in very early years, lol. The only explanation for that rumor is he did look a bit different in every character he performed. The first time I watch Guardians, Shen Wei, Ye Zun and the young Hei Baoshi were so peculiar in the way they look, the way they walk, the expression of their eyes, their faces that I have to check out again had they been performed by the same actor, lol. 

• Like 1

@TheRedDragon Thank you for posting his schedule. Is MingLan airing in first quarter of 2019 or sometime in Dec this year? 

Looking forward to LongGe for MAHB Year End Ceremony on Dec 4. 

Minglan is airing soon, even though he's a second lead, I am very excited for him. The drama is very highly anticipated for Zhao Li Ying and the director Hou Hong Lian,  the same director from Nirvana in Fire. I hope this will bring him more exposure on national TV since Guardian is a web drama. I hope he gets decent amount of screentime in Minglan and his character leaves a lasting impression for viewers. 

His weibo update is on wishing Sina Weibo Happy Birthday. A lot of other celebrities posted about Sina's 20th Anniversary yesterday. 

5f034df1ly1fxr4v95m92j20u01hcnpd.jpg

Edited by gg9whitediamond
  • Like 1

@gg9whitediamond The director of The Story of Ming Lan is Zhang Kaizhou. He didn't direct Nirvana in Fire, he does work in the same production company though. He directed the Battle of Changsa, When the Snail Falls in Love and Ode to Joy 2, which were all fairly well received works. I've only seen the snail one, I really liked it, and the cinematography was gorgeous. 

• Like 1

Hi girls. I’ve been following this thread, but there was something wrong with my VPN so I was not able to submit a post. I hope it will work today.

Here’s a couple of updates for December:

1. ZYL will attend Esquire ‘s event on Dec 4 in Beijing

2. Some say he will attend the filming for Anhui TV’s Celebration on Dec 12, which will air on Jan 1. But this has not been officially confirmed yet.

3. He might also attend Hunan (Mango) TV ‘s New Year Celebration, but again not officially confirmed.

4. The Story of Minglan will be airing soon. 

So there’s supposed to be a bunch of events by the end of the year for Chinese celebrities, although he is trying to focus more on shooting Tomb Notes Restart, he will still need to show up for some important ones. He’s gonna be busy, but the good news is that we can see more of him.

And today, a staff of Tomb Notes Restart posted a video saying that everyone’s got a can of Want Want milk drink from ZYL. He’s very sweet to do that for every crew member. Besides that product is very cute, you can imagine him sharing the milk like a little kid, lol.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, paopaolong said:

And today, a staff of Tomb Notes Restart posted a video saying that everyone’s got a can of Want Want milk drink from ZYL. He’s very sweet to do that for every crew member. Besides that product is very cute, you can imagine him sharing the milk like a little kid, lol.

just thinking about it makes my heart melt, he's really someone who cares alot about people. even though he may not be good with showing it with words but he sure is good showing it with these types of kinds gestures. 

+ Hi I've never posted but I'm always following this thread and yesterday I've finally decided to make an account and be active haha

thank you all for providing us with informations/translations and for overall creating this forum.

• Like 2