Zhu Yi Long 朱一龙 Official Thread

siobhanne

I just want to say hi. As a silent reader, I love you guys so much for making a peaceful and informative place chatting about ZYL. I think people will lose interests when he disappears, being busy digging dust for 6 months. Can I keep my hope that in this forum ZYL's still a hot thread?! =)))

• Like 3

@Moony Moony Hi there!!! Well, he is hot...lol Joking aside, I think he left a lot of stuff for us to keep our thirst at bay. I can't say for everyone else but I will still be sticking around and posting once in awhile. I am still digging up and re-watching his old works when I miss his acting. Btw, I just did a bunch of taobao shopping and it is all mostly related to ZYL lol It is really a bunch of useless stuff but hey! A girl can spoil herself a bit, right? hehehe 

To be very honest, I am actually happy that he can have this time to completely focus on his drama. I don't need him to constantly be in the public and on screen and I actually don't really like that because he should have the time to focus on his works, things he like to do... I won't be surprise that ppl will move on during this period because that is human nature but he already made an impression in those people mind that he is a good actor and I am sure when his works are finally showcasing, people will be back... In the meantime, we can still keep this thread active with just chatting and sharing our thoughts!!! :D 

• Like 2

Btw, I think it is a bit more active in the Tomb Notes Restart (盗墓笔记重启) thread. I have been glancing in and out of that thread because I am trying to avoid spoiler. For me, if I know the drama is a novel adaptation, I try to avoid the novel as much as possible because for several times I couldn't resist and read spoiler and it does spoil or made me have greater expectation of the drama and it didn't worked out so good lol Now I prefer to watch a drama clear from the novel influence until the drama is over. If you think about it, if a novel is adapted to a drama that means the novel have to be good with a strong fan base already and the drama will have to live up to the expectation of the novel (which most of the time because of various reason...it doesn't...of course there are a few that did make it and are highly praised) Therefore, I prefer to analyze the story and characters in the drama before touching the novel to add more depth...Ok, to be completely honest, if I see people saying the novel is better, I may just read the novel and gave up on the drama but for ZYL, I am not...Call me bias but I am going to watch the drama to see his interpretation and portray of WX before looking into the novel because it is ZYL lol 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Moony Moony said:

I just want to say hi. As a silent reader, I love you guys so much for making a peaceful and informative place chatting about ZYL. I think people will lose interests when he disappears, being busy digging dust for 6 months. Can I keep my hope that in this forum ZYL's still a hot thread?! =)))

Don’t worry. We still follow every step he takes. Fans have been finding his old photos to make fan arts, editing his videos in different movies and turning them into new fan-made movies based on their own ideas. How creative they are.

I’ve heard that the film Guardians which is broadcasting in Korea will have 45 episodes. So I assume that it will have uncut scenes and a little bit different from the Chinese version. Is it right? Has anyone heard anything about it?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ohsammy219 said:

I’ve heard that the film Guardians which is broadcasting in Korea will have 45 episodes. So I assume that it will have uncut scenes and a little bit different from the Chinese version. Is it right? Has anyone heard anything about it?

People are asking around for the link in every forum and fanpage, but so sad that there's still no link available :(

@BreezeC @katthy Hahaha thanks i actually pride myself in being a somewhat sensible fangirl lol but i do get crazy sometimes and boy did that cf bring out my crazy side or what

I'm also rewatching his old series right now in fact i just finished this drama he's in with yang rong where he's the second lead but i don't know the title cuz i watched it on youtube and the title's written in chinese and i'm too lazy to look it up haha.. And that's mostly because to me, it's quite a boring and cliche drama but thankfully, there're ZYL parts only videos, so i just watch that, cuz he's fabulous, as always.

I notice by watching his old dramas though that his face grow softer over the years, in his older dramas, his features are sharper and more angular, but starting from flowers fly and fade away, his face looked softer and fuller, i guess it comes with age.

But dang, he has such good control of his facial muscles. I mean, his feelings are strongly shown on his face, and even from a slight change of expression, you can see what he is feeling or thinking of, at least in character, and i still find that so mesmerizing and mind blowing. Like, he's very expressive but he does it so naturally, i think he's just a true born actor. Of course, it takes hard work and practice too, but the guy is also highly talented i don't think i'll ever tire of watching him act.

Right now i'm rewatching granting you a dreamlike life from the beginning haha, although i mostly put it as background sound while i work. And i think i repeat Guardian every other week just to reminisce my favourite parts, but even just casually watching, it doesn't stop me from being impressed at how subtly but clearly his expressions change. I'm doomed really, now i can't watch any other actor i keep comparing them to ZYL sigh

• Like 3

3 hours ago, BreezeC said:

For me, if I know the drama is a novel adaptation, I try to avoid the novel as much as possible because for several times I couldn't resist and read spoiler and it does spoil or made me have greater expectation of the drama and it didn't worked out so good lol Now I prefer to watch a drama clear from the novel influence until the drama is over. 

The good thing about staying away from the novel when watching an adaptation drama is that you will watch the drama for itself and won't be disappointed when it doesn't match the version in your mind. The bad thing is that you wouldn't know if the drama is better than the original novel, if the actor/actress has an amazing performance to make the novel's character alive. 

In my own experience, when you read the novel first, it can be a great enjoyment when watching a good adaptation (like Yehua in A Love of three lifetimes, Shen Wei in Guardians) or an extreme frustration with a bad one (like Luo Fu Sheng in Letting you float like a dream). It doesn't mean that ZYL did bad job in Letting you float like a dream, his performance just didn't match my imagination how the character should be. ZYL's Luo Fu Sheng is too cute to be a gangster, lol. 

I’m in dilemma of reading Tomb Notes Restart or not. Don't want to raise high expectation in Wu Xie, but at the same time, I love to know how good ZYL is in interpreting this character in the drama =)). Such a hard decision to make, hehe. 

Edited by Moony Moony

2 hours ago, TheRedDragon said:

Welcome!:) Here, you can share on weibo, twitter, insta or FB as well, the more people know, the better

http://program.tving.com/zhtv/zhenhun/6/Vod/List?vod_type=1

Thanks for sharing the link but I can't open any clip on this page. Do I have to register to watch?

I'm a bit worry while waiting for Wu Xie. I think this would be an important role in ZYL's career, proving he could be a big star or not. It's hurtful to think about what he has to face if the drama becomes a failure. 

I’ve already started to miss him even though he has just started filming for a week. And there’s still 6 months to go. I hope The Story of Minglan and My True Friend will air soon. I remember he recorded a song with some other artists for a charity back in August, and maybe that song can be released some day in the near future. 

31 minutes ago, TheRedDragon said:

Also, he supposedly has an unconfirmed schedule on Nov 15, if true, we might have something until Minglan.

That sounds interesting! Btw, where all this information about his official schedule could be found? I remember seeing some screenshots on weibo, but I have no idea where did it all come from... 

OMG!!! AvenueX just did an absolutely amazing video dedicated to ZYL and she is putting it in to a contest for YouKu to get some prize from ZYL himself??!!! If you have a youku account and love this video, pls go vote for her...This girl is amazing!!!

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av35328259

Also if anyone who know Chinese can help out and translate the horoscopes of each of his characters that she presented in the video, it will be greatly appreciated!!!

This is her comment, "星座解释:沈巍——“土里”捡的长刀;傅红雪——雪花;连城璧——双子双面;迟瑞——军帽五角星:岑子默——电波;罗浮生——蝴蝶(刀,面具,剧名);何开心——心;冯豆子——菜刀;嬴稷——旈;二花——五瓣花;夜尊——面具;胡杨——照片:蒙少辉——笔"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

9 hours ago, BreezeC said:

OMG!!! AvenueX just did an absolutely amazing video dedicated to ZYL and she is putting it in to a contest for YouKu to get some prize from ZYL himself??!!! If you have a youku account and love this video, pls go vote for her...This girl is amazing!!!

Thank you so much for posting the info! Do you also have a link to where the voting is? I have the Youku account, so I would like to give her my voice, because her video is truly amazing!

UPD

I actually found, how to do it!

So, the main thing is that you have to have the Youku app installed on your mobile phone and you have to create an account. It's pretty easy, you just write you cell phone number here (don't forget to choose your country in the list, just find the right telephone code!), and push the button in the line under your number, they will send to you the verification code. 

After that you can follow the instruction given by AvenueX on her weibo here or paste 校园短视频大赛 in the search (the name of the competition, as far as I understood, I don't know Chinese at all). Then the page of competition will be open, and you will be able to open her video. The voting button is the purple one with a number!)

Edited by verliebtintraum
info update
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@BreezeC OMG haha i just saw AvenueX's status on youtube saying that she'll be quite inactive for awhile cuz she's preparing something for this youku competition. So it's up?! I'm gonna give it a watch and hopefully i can vote for her cuz i registered for a youku account before but can't seem to remember the password. Or id really. :sweatingbullets: Sigh.. I'll try and dig it up if only to vote for her i hope she wins!!

• Like 1

Just saw this... I mean.... I CAN'T... I CAN'T SURVIVE... 1518253951.gif1518250841.gif
its, its mind-blowing, it's overwhelming... really... My heart can't endure anymore... 1518253604.gif1518253604.gif1518253604.gif

these lyrics lines're so fitting btw 1518254680.gif

You're so hypnotizing
Could you be the devil, could you be an angel

You're from a whole other world
A different dimension
You open my eyes

• Like 2