[Drama 2018-2019] Empress Dignity / The Last Empress, 황후의 품격

0ly40

Just watched a raw video of today's eps..

OMG!! This is completely the opposite of what I thought this drama would be! The way Lee Hyuk & Min Yu Ra left Wang Sik's mom in the streets is so disgusting!! I mean, how can the villains are loaded with all the evil powers in the world..?! And they two assumed that the mom is dead.. But no, she was alive & ............. (I can't tell it here). I really don't want to watch today's eps with eng sub.! This is so sad! Where are you Choi Jin Hyuk..?! I can't even imagine his appearance any soon! 

WARNING : Those who are sensitive to blood, beware of the 3rd ep.!!

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Matilda_Anne said:

just saw half of 2nd ep. some guys ran after the fat guy, they fought.. then the bad guy shot the fat guy. he fell into the water. the emperor came in with elijah into a room full of reporters. mother and grandma, sister? were there too. emperor and elijah wanted to hold hands but sunny girl came in. the mother acted happily and introduced sunny. all surprised. end. 

i saw just snippets of everything. 

still makjang and dramatic. no hot bodyguard yet. 

It is makjang. Don’t forget Yoo Ra answering the emperor’s mother call and leaving the phone open so that the mother can hear the emperor making love to her. Lots of craziness to me when you add in all the other stuff. However, I know the other actor Shin seem to have a few drama of this nature so I’m not exactly surprised. 

Beautiful Yoo Ra was in Miss Hammurabi as a character I like. She had sexy rumors in that show probably because of her looks and possessions but she was actually a nice competent lady. I can see why they chose the actress to play the emperor’s mistress (I assume) in this drama.

Hello everyone!! My name is Ash and I just finished the first episode.I am waiting for the second one to be subbed.

So here are my two cents -

I started watching this drama mainly coz of Choi Jin Hyuk coz he is bae Though he didn't appear in the first episode,it was interesting.So maybe Na Wang Shik will undergo a complete plastic surgery to transform into Choi Jin Hyuk.

I felt bad for him coz he was shunned by everyone.And I felt really sad when he was looking for his mom

This is my second drama with Jang Nara,the first one being Hello Monster.

She looks cute though she needs to improve her acting and from what it seems she will prolly get unknowingly dragged into the royal family's mess.I guess that Oh Sunny will realise the Emperor's true nature which will lead her to join hands with Wang Shik.Maybe someone from her own family will get hurt coz of the royals.

I feel she and CJH will make a great pair.

Lee Hyuk is psychotic and unpredictable  from whatever I saw in the first episode.And Shin Sung Rok nails such characters(yeah I am talking about My love from another star).I am looking forward to see what shades he will display in the upcoming episodes.I don't see him falling for Oh Sunny any soon.But he might display his authority over her later after she falls for Wang Shik.For he doesn't like it when 'his' things are taken away from him.

Min Yu Ra is crazy and power hungry.I didn't see the necessity of her behaving so rudely before Wang Shik's mom.Even if she wanted to break the relationship then there are other ways of doing it.But then that's why she is a villain I guess.

I can't wait for the second episode now

hm, I don´t know of I am gonna watch this because it seem to put my least favorite thing in it, allot of violence, long kiss scenes for couple that is not even romantic (I love kiss scene when there is build up to the moment, and you can feel the character) Many mad people. If I was the writer I would have written the emperor more subtile. so it is more understandable why Jang nara character would like him and ending up marrying him, and they could expose his true self little by little to us and her. At least to me it is just so much it is interesting watching bad character acting bad and being violent before it is enoch...  I guess the only good character in this is Jang naras character and Jin hyuk character. So I hope they gonna focus on them and how they survive this madness :) 

Wow, Yu Ra is the real mastermind here. She knows how to plot and plan on the fly to manipulate the emperor. I would say currently Yu Ra and the Emperor Mother are the ones to watch in terms of plotting harm. The emperor is of course dangerous too but he doesn’t seem to have the cunning of the women. He just knows how to make a mess and get his thugs to clean up after him. 

I find Wang Shik’s behavior so exaggerated. I mean he’s frustrated with the police but is that any reason to just flip a desk in the police station and start fighting the police? These characters are so over the top. And why must Sunny be a klutz? Are there any normal characters in this? :huh:

Regarding Wang Shik’s mom, definitely both the emperor and Yu Ra are squarely to blame. 

Sunny is getting pushed towards the emperor because of the Emperor’s mother. She knows that the emperor is in an intimate relationship with Yu Ra so she’s using Sunny to thwart Yu Ra’s ambition of marrying the emperor. The funny thing is Yu Ra brought this on herself because she’s the one who thought of Sunny to create an alibi for the emperor. Sunny had previously invited the emperor to her musical scheduled for the same night that the hit and run accident took place and in order to create an alibi for him, Yu Ra told him to attend the musical and take Sunny and the cast out afterwards to further cement his alibi. He kept showering Sunny with fake praise in front of the reporters at the restaurant and hence rumors of them dating began to spread like wildfire. That gave the emperor’s mother the idea of using Sunny to hinder Yu Ra whom the emperor was going to introduce to his grandmother and the reporters as the woman he loved. He didn’t get to do it because Sunny walked in and the emperor mother introduced her instead as the emperor’s girlfriend. The emperor looked upset by that.

lastempress.png

[The Last Empress] Eps 3 & 4 spoilers, Jang Na Ra x Shin Sung Rok x Lee Elijah

\

Article: Naver 'The Last Empress' Jang Na Ra becomes Shin Sung Rok's woman... Tae Hang Ho was shot and fell into the river 

1. [+614,-35]
Why did Jang Na Ra choose this drama... She had picked interesting and moving ones in the past.......

2. [+450,-20]
Actor Tae Hang Ho, you've worked hard. I hope to see you in a good drama next time. 

3. [+353,-25]
Seems like a story about the British royal family. Oh Ssu Ni = Diana. King = Charles, Min Yoo Ra = Camilla. Na Wang Sik = the bodyguard that Diana had a 'some' relationship with. To separate Camilla and Charles, the Queen put Diana and Charles together. Camilla suggested him to date Diana too, to protect their image... So it's just British Royal family themed. 

4. [+266,-80]
To be honest, it's fun. I've cursed at it, but watched it. It's more interesting than the second episode. 

5. [+185,-20]
As expected, makjang is Kim Soon Ok. Shall I say that she's on a different level of makjang compared to scriptwriter Im Sung Han? 

6. [+68,-8]
They could've just done it with a chaebol family or a congressman's family. Do they really have to turn a country's royal family into psychopaths and make it makjang? To think that such a detrimental drama is restricted to 15 years old and above, airing at 10pm. Seems like when Joo Dong Min works together with Kim Soon Ok, a really dirty drama comes up. 

7. [+69,-12]
Tae Hang Ho did all the acting on his own. Shin Sung Rok and Lee Elijah left me speechless. 

8. [+66,-20]
Just name this 'The makjang's dignity' [t/n: Literal title of this drama is 'Empress' Dignity']Today, they aired scenes like violence, restricted 19 scenes, workplace bully. They've showed all of the bad scenes. Next week, are they going to kidnap someone? Am I supposed to watch this while cursing at the drama? Seriously, the scriptwriter is a 100% in
sane. 

9. [+60,-14]
Choi Jin Hyuk has to appear so that this drama survives. I'm waiting for Choi Jin Hyuk next week. <---
agreed this lol :sweat_smile:

10. [+49,-5]
Isn't Tae Hang Ho-nim the main lead? But he's the best actor there? 

thelast.png
Article: Naver 'The Last Empress' Shin Sung Rok X Lee Elijah  

1. [+414,-21]
This is a drama that humiliates the country. Does she think that any kind of plot can work out in a royal family's story? This is a makjang in the scriptwriter's head. 

2. [+180,-18]
I don't even want to see the sight of Shin Eun Kyung. 

3. [+165,-8]
The drama's story, atmosphere, and development feel like Hong Kong movies in the 80s and 90s. What are you doing with all these talented actors? 

4. [+126,-7]
What's the story about? I can't understand it, it doesn't make sense. I don't know what they are trying to convey. I don't even know what's the genre of this drama. 

5. [+60,-2]
A crazy director meets a crazy scriptwriter and made a trashy drama. ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

6. [+45,-3]
I thought that the story was strange, looks like the director of this made Return too. Return was cruel and a makjang too. Are they going to kick out and change the female lead this time again?

7. [+41,-2]
I think it's not necessary to make them part of the royal family, they can just be chaebols. 

8. [+37,-0]
Why are they writing such a dirty story for a Korean royal family..? Did they really think this through? 

9. [+30,-1]
I was shocked watching the broadcast. Did Shin Eun Kyung pay the tv station? I don't want to see people like her.

cr

some of the comments here made me speechless lol

Related image

I haven't had time to watch...but I did check out some scenes on IG @celebrianna ...oMG...what's going on??? But it was so OTT that it was actually pretty entertaining. So bad that it was good :w00t:

Local audience may complain and all but people are still tuning in

And this ...somebody hold me :joy:

Is it bad that I love this scene? :lol: Mommy sneaking into his son's business like watching a kdrama on TV

DspA9EyVAAEme1C.jpg

I'm glad the ratings are up! 

Don't care about the comments...I'm sure they are not the ones driving the ratings up anyway. A lot of korean ahjummas for sure are tuning in :D

this kind of drama maybe not a cup of tea for everyone and it's okay,

there's many other dramas that are in different genres and toned down makjang

but i adore the funkiness of makjang drama because it is just plain ridiculous almost all the time

i always goes what the... but that's my drug hahaha

it's almost unbelievable but very entertaining and totally frustrating and yet making you want to be part of the drama

just to smack some senses into the protagonist

and smack some head of the antagonist senseless

hahaha

and with my favs in the drama

i would enjoy it even more

lor at the comments of why this is done in imperial world instead of chabeol world

because conglomerate world just doesn't cut in with this whole level of wickedness and villainess

and beside conglomerate and chaebol is just yesterday's child play

:lol:

havent watch last night ep yet

and although i dont care about the ratings

happy for the casts and production of this drama for the ratings

^__^

anyway

reading some of you guys' recap and post

i was thinking that although it will be bad for sunny, the empress dowager did something good by thwarting lee hyuk's intention of marrying myr

oh gawd i can't imagine what will happen if myr have that kind of power as empress seeing how bold and evil she is now as just a mere secretary 

and also for the empress dowager; the woman she thinks she can use and to control,

is actually the woman who will bring down the royal family,

and she would be the one who makes the first step of that inevitable downfall

if she choses myr, they might actually do evil together, before the more evil one eats the less evil one

but with sunny and also chun woo bin, every single villain will be going down now

nws would be considered dead to most and this would mean lee hyuk and myr would feel at ease 

that's why he can make a comeback

kinda thinking about his son

since nws mom is gone and nws would be in hiding for the transformation and doubt myr would take him since that would just expose her secret

i wonder what will happen to that boy?

I am pretty surprised that Jang Na Ra chose such a ridiculous script as her come back drama after the ever-beautiful Go Back Couple! I have been a huge fan of her since Baby Faced Beauty but, unfortunately The Last Empress has done the trick & now I am slowly loosing my interest on her! WHY DID YOU PICK THIS DRAMA, JANG NA RA..?! I didn't dare to watch yesterday's eps with eng sub.. The raw eps are all enough for me even though I am not very good at Korean!

This is highly insane! A lot of fans are complaining with negative comments about the series and sadly, I also have to do the same thing here! I truly had high hopes for this drama to be a addicting love story! But the villains are over-villainous & heroes are powerless! This series is insulting the Korean monarchy history with a murderous Royal family :o This is such a bad example for the people on how to do murders & escape the guilt with the Royal power! :o I really can't stand Lee Hyuk & Min Yu Ra anymore.. This is all about evil & nothing else.!

Now, I really don't know what to expect from this drama... Of course, it's 48 eps, not 32 so yeah, I am on the fence right now!

And I don't know who the script writer of The Last Empress is! But I am gonna skip his/her all scripts in the future! Just make some sense, would ya..?! :persevere:

SO SRRY FOR THE BAD POST :bawling:

@stargazer187 @gm4queen The story for me is undoubtedly trashy but I must admit I’m curious about how CJH as Wang Shik will find justice for his mom. I’m also curious how Sunny will survive this cesspool. 

You’re right, the queen dowager did kiss the emperor full on his mouth. Yuck. I suspected something untoward here since the moment I saw her caress his hand in the car in episode 1. During the scene in today’s episode when she was shaving him, it looks like he was trembling too. 

22 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

@stargazer187 @gm4queen The story for me is undoubtedly trashy but I must admit I’m curious about how CJH as Wang Shik will find justice for his mom. I’m also curious how Sunny will survive this cesspool. 

You’re right, the queen dowager did kiss the emperor full on his mouth. Yuck. I suspected something untoward here since the moment I saw her caress his hand in the car in episode 1. During the scene when she was shaving him, it looks like he was trembling too. 

Yes dear... Only Choi Jin Hyuk can make the difference for this trashy drama now.! Nothing else...

And I am surprised that I am loosing my interest on Na Ra & now, instead I like Choi Jin Hyuk more(I've never been his fan before)! And Choi Jin Hyuk is the only reason I am still watching this mess! So sad that he had to injure himself due to his dedication for the series! I hope he's alright for now & has no side effects!

AND I AM DISGUSTED AT THE DIRTY KISS SCENES OF LEE HYUK & MIN YU RA! :weary::confounded: ADULTS ONLY!!!!!!!!!

Hahahaha So early in the morning  the KNetz cracked me. But whatever people say I am in. Dark Dramas plus stellar cast ensembles is loveeee 

1 hour ago, chubby^green^ said:

this kind of drama maybe not a cup of tea for everyone and it's okay,

there's many other dramas that are in different genres and toned down makjang

but i adore the funkiness of makjang drama because it is just plain ridiculous almost all the time

i always goes what the... but that's my drug hahaha

it's almost unbelievable but very entertaining and totally frustrating and yet making you want to be part of the drama

just to smack some senses into the protagonist

and smack some head of the antagonist senseless

hahaha

and with my favs in the drama

i would enjoy it even more

lor at the comments of why this is done in imperial world instead of chabeol world

because conglomerate world just doesn't cut in with this whole level of wickedness and villainess

and beside conglomerate and chaebol is just yesterday's child play

:lol:

havent watch last night ep yet

and although i dont care about the ratings

happy for the casts and production of this drama for the ratings

^__^

LIKEWISE!! I am soooo loving  the first episode. I cannot wait to see the  to happen once Ssu Ni and Wang Sik enters the Imperial Palace 

41 minutes ago, angelangie said:

what you think of it as a whole?

i yet to re-watch episode with sub....and i didnt tune in to episode 2 either....i mean every was jam pack....and things happen left and right with no stop in between...

in this how 'MakJang' suppose to feel?

Hmmm. Obviously there is a lot more to come since it has 24 episodes so I feel it’s too early to think of it as a whole. The first two episodes focused a lot on the emperor, Yu Ra and the dowager and given their characters, well, it was pretty soapy. With the entry of new Wang Shik next week and probably more of Sunny I will have to see how they impact the story. I think Wang Shik need to learn self control. He won’t accomplish anything breaking down doors and picking fights. He should grow a brain while undergoing his character change too.

@chubby^green^ I totally agree with you. This kind of drama will not be in everyone's liking. Not everyone would like makjang or even dark thrillers. We are forewarned that this is a makjang drama and thriller. Having it set in a monarchy shows that their power is absolute (the prime minister is even afraid of the imperial family). I read a comment from a netizen that the show might ruin the image of Korea to the world because Korea's absolute power is portrayed as evil LOL Well there are a lot of people in history who have absolute power and did something evil anyway including their former president. I just find some comments as absurd as how they view the drama is. Plus it is fiction, everything is unreal and will not be real.

I have given up on some JNR dramas like One More Happy Ending, also Hello Monster even if I'm her fan. I already expected that the villain for this drama will likely be more popular than the leads (based on Kim Soon ok's previous dramas) so it did not really bother me that JNR had less screen time than SSR or Lee Elijah. But it has something that draws me even further and wanting more. I guess it is just that entertaining. The cliffhanger for episode 4 makes me want to see episode 5 now! 

JNR said that she is responsible for the 'gag' until episode 6. I assume things will turn on the dark side for her character past episode 6 and I'm looking forward to that change. 

I also saw comments that it is Return part 2 but more wicked. :naughty:

Spoiler
6 hours ago, celebrianna said:

Wow, Yu Ra is the real mastermind here. She knows how to plot and plan on the fly to manipulate the emperor. I would say currently Yu Ra and the Emperor Mother are the ones to watch in terms of plotting harm. The emperor is of course dangerous too but he doesn’t seem to have the cunning of the women. He just knows how to make a mess and get his thugs to clean up after him. 

I find Wang Shik’s behavior so exaggerated. I mean he’s frustrated with the police but is that any reason to just flip a desk in the police station and start fighting the police? These characters are so over the top. And why must Sunny be a klutz? Are there any normal characters in this? :huh:

Regarding Wang Shik’s mom, definitely both the emperor and Yu Ra are squarely to blame. 

Sunny is getting pushed towards the emperor because of the Emperor’s mother. She knows that the emperor is in an intimate relationship with Yu Ra so she’s using Sunny to thwart Yu Ra’s ambition of marrying the emperor. The funny thing is Yu Ra brought this on herself because she’s the one who thought of Sunny to create an alibi for the emperor. Sunny had previously invited the emperor to her musical scheduled for the same night that the hit and run accident took place and in order to create an alibi for him, Yu Ra told him to attend the musical and take Sunny and the cast out afterwards to further cement his alibi. He kept showering Sunny with fake praise in front of the reporters at the restaurant and hence rumors of them dating began to spread like wildfire. That gave the emperor’s mother the idea of using Sunny to hinder Yu Ra whom the emperor was going to introduce to his grandmother and the reporters as the woman he loved. He didn’t get to do it because Sunny walked in and the emperor mother introduced her instead as the emperor’s girlfriend. The emperor looked upset by that.

Yups Yura was like being hit by the ball she threw herself. Let's see why the King married Sunny? Is it pure because of his mother. I hope there will be a time when the king falls in love with sunny and Yu Ra realizes that, but sunny has fallen in love with Wang Sik (a big hot fireball) :D

Archived