[Drama 2018-2019] Empress Dignity / The Last Empress, 황후의 품격

0ly40

1 hour ago, katakwasabi said:

I agree with this. If he wanted to give the imperial money that he stolen to the victims(?)..he should have done it anonymously. In some sense it is compensation money, he could have just handed it over without saying its from NWS. He's playing robin hood and it seems that he likes being the hero. And seriously...who are these victims, i don't think I've seen or heard about them before. Suddenly we have so many victims. Hua3

Well, let's count the victim we've seen so far.

1.Na Wang Shik

2.Oh Sunny

3. Chief Byun

4. Kang Joo Seung (and his brother who has no idea if his brother is dead or alive)

5. Team Manager Hong

These are the victims we know about. We've their story. But that doesn't mean there's no more when we could see how despicably ED's mind works. The victims of Imperial Family don't need to be directly involved with Lee Hyuk..May be they're ill treated by ED. We've seen her saying " Imperial Family have no sins. Because no one can held us accountable." That kind of perception doesn't comes without doing lots of sins.

We've also seen many people working with chief Byun to reveal the truth of Imperial Family. He said to Oh Sunny that they're also the victim of imperial family.

Usually people with much power tends to be involved in many corruption. So it's possible that many victims arose from there. The drama can't focus on every such victim, can it?

When Wang Shik gave money to the other guards he said that these are the money that Imperial Family took from them. Other victims are getting this money only because NWS stole and thought of spreading those money. Otherwise they'd be in Lee Hyuk's safe..would've been used for buying luxury cars, wine, vacation house etc whatever he wants. He's not really becoming poor because just one safe has been stolen. I hope we don't think he keeps all his money in his house!

Wang Shik stole the money to spite Lee Hyuk and blame Min Yura.. Yes.. He's using the money for both purpose. He's trying to help them with the money and also reaching his names to people hoping that there'd be a little uproar when he gets caught.. What's the problem in it? None is angel in this drama. You can't be an angel and hope to take revenge. If you like being angel, you should forget about taking revenge. Just forgive and move on. But we've no such character here. Hoping there'd be one such character after going through all those injustice is a bit too naive is what I think.

The problem is not when one is not being an angel..average people are mixture of some good and bad qualities. But it's a big problem when one is being evil..so evil that he or she thinks it's nothing wrong being like that.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just assumed it was to advance the storyline, to find out what NWS did with the things he stole and to have ED and LH find out who stole them as initially NWS made it like it was MYR.. Also from his conversation with Byun its a way for him to be someone important, so it will help expose the family and they will not be able to harm him.

Considering how LH and ED operate I don't think it is that unbelievable that there are more victims. Who knows what they have been up to since they have been in power, they are capable of anything and they have shown them threatening numerous people, from journalist, hospitals and others. Their actions with SH, WS and Sunny show the things they are able to do to hide their crimes even if it means involving and hurting people.

How to save Dong Shik?

He wasn't the main target, he'll save, he's only a trap so Wang Shik would come out. What if when tension occurs, Sunny or Yu Ra says that Dong Shik is the son of Yu Ra and Kang Joo Sung, and now replace asking where Kang Joo Sung is hidden, because he knows everything.

How to save Woo Bin? 

Sunny prevented Lee Hyuk from shooting Woo Bin. Lee Hyuk was shaken and shattered, seeing Sunny defending Woo Bin and also shaking from Sunny questioning him. Sunny give him a lot of statement and question toward LH that make him confuse. Sunny also make Woo Bin not shot LH. LH can't die, if she want to solve the mystery how GED die? 

Don't forget Sunny have authority toward personil in the palace, she can punish every guard or something like that. LH also will be shock, because of this.. It hard to Byun or Yu Ra to save Woo Bin or Wang Shik. But Sunny authority will make her more easy to save Woo Bin, she is okay to fight only Lee Hyuk or ED. Lee Hyuk suspended his authority, and ED still get punishment because of past incident. Yoon in coma, so Sunny is the higher authority in the palace now. And also Sunny is untouchable right now, no one can hurt her. Or she just need to going live with her phone and show what LH do to the people? 

ED will angry toward Sunny, how can she drive the palace, Lee Hyuk heart, broken his son heart and also will ED claimed if this make the Imperial Family in danger. 

Wang Sik distributed money that have been 'stolen' to imperial victims. He puts his name to declare he was also the victim and if something happen to him, people already suspicious and imperial can't hurt him easily. I think this is just his strategy to make the criminality of imperial are getting known by people.

The blood on his suit and face in the preview perhaps his own. He always throw everything when he's angry that perhaps hurting himself lol.

I'm interesting with JNR and CHJ, they have a project that similar character..

In Fated To Love You.. CJH also fall in love with JNR, when her status is a wife.. in this drama... CHJ also in love with JNR, when her status is a wife.

In FTLY CHJ clearly show his love toward JNR by some sweet moment, and secretly adoring her, he is one side love in the end. 

In TLE CHJ secretly show his attention to JNR, he'll do everything to make sure JNR in protected. 

The opposite scene FTLY CHJ blew the JNR wound, and gave it a plaster, on TLE JNR blew CHJ wounds and gave plaster.

Husband character also similar, they married because of situation force to do that, then he have another woman that he love first, JNR come to his life suddenly be a wife, although the end in love with JNR character, both show the jealousy toward CHJ character. But there's difference 

1. FTLE : husband character is good, caring, sometimes wreid but not make him being a criminal or something.

2. TLE : husband character is unstable, really bad, killing is posible to him, but he have a bad memories in past, that trapped him. 

The latest dramabeans actor spotlight is Shin Sung Rok!

http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/02/actor-spotlight-shin-sung-rok/

And here is Jang Nara's actor spotlight

http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/01/actor-spotlight-jang-nara/

And also CJH's actor spotlight~

http://www.dramabeans.com/2018/11/actor-spotlight-choi-jin-hyuk/

:blush:

14 hours ago, katakwasabi said:

At first i too thought he might be signing with NWS to cause an uproar. But when its used too constantly, and now with more random people..it feels out of place. My opinion.

I reread my original post. The sentence 'and it seems that he likes being the hero' is uncalled for. Sorry for that. It has now been deleted from the original post

Well yes..they could have been a bit detailed with how few people in the list became victim of Imperial family. But I guess writer thought that the viewers would understand the implied message. And about the uproar, I hope you didn't miss the conversation between Mr. Byun and NWS at the last episode. That scene explains how NWS is trying to distribute the stolen money among victims as well as making himself known to people so it can create an impact when he gets caught.

But yes we could have different opinions on whether NWS has the right to do so. 

Can't believe it's the last week. :tears:

Dy5W6ViV4AIJoU5.jpg

Hope the drama to be wrapped up well.

Omg Hyuk just went on another level of cray. Yisshhh.

Shooting the lights or an inaminate object i can still tolerate, screaming is still ok, throwing stuff is a norm by now..but if he kills or abuse people or lay a hand on sunny! I can't accept! He was fine for a few eps, i had my hopes high when he saved Bin from evil mum's torture place. I'm still bummed they had to make him super cray at the end. But it is inline with his mental state and character. So i'll just accept and go with it. Lol :P

Anyways, I have now finished Return. Since the show has affirmed in the latest ep that Hyuk is cray beyond repair, evil mum is still evil, sojin is starting to crack and also based on this new preview, I want his and his family's downfall to be at a minimum similar to Oh Tae Suk's and friends downfall. OTS lost everything, his evil friends, his wife, his reputation, connections, money, pride..everything. All 4 evil friends lost everything, and one lost his life in the hands of his own friend. Unfortunately the heroine lost everything too as she worked her way towards her ultimate revenge. Huhu

A few more days to go for the finale eps!

By the way, have they finished filming? When is the wrap up party~

edit:

i just realized the translations on the IG caption, maybe the uploader edited the post. The kill him baby is weird. Who is the baby? :sweatingbullets:

Oh mannnn...this coward emperor seems won't change till end. He even forcing himself to Sunny. I feel weird that some fans are happy about the emperor kissing her. He's hurting her for God sake lol.

At least we know Woobin is safe. Perhaps by his forces in the palace or byun..

Yura could be the one who come as a nice girl at the end. I hope kang hee will face to face with her. Cat fighting is fun to watch XD.

3 hours ago, PutriSalju said:

Yura could be the one who come as a nice girl at the end. I hope kang hee will face to face with her. Cat fighting is fun to watch XD.

kekeke.... the cat fighting is super fun to watch; even ED putting down nanny was pretty fun to watch. am still wondering if ari is lee hyuk's daughter at all... last week! things should wrap up nicely.

37 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

am still wondering if ari is lee hyuk's daughter at all... 

Haha. I wonder too. And i also wonder if ED is Hyuk and Yoon's real mother or not. She manipulates Hyuk and even planned Yoon's accident. Nanny is bad influence on Ari and ED is even worse than nanny. Both are a disgrace of motherhood. Tsk3.

If Wang Sik doesn't has happy ending I will be so upset. Two episodes left and still none of bad guys get their punishment while good guys are still having bad time. I really hope ED and Kang Hee get in jailed. They're a fan of prestige life. So hopefully they'll end up having hard time whole life in jail. Lee Hyuk is another trash. I want him died in his own hand. Before that, the best punishment for him is Sunny declare that she loves Wang Sik, his true enemy... Well, I can dream if this won't happen...kkkkk

2 minutes ago, katakwasabi said:

Haha. I wonder too. And i also wonder if ED is Hyuk and Yoon's real mother or not. She manipulates Hyuk and even planned Yoon's accident. Nanny is bad influence on Ari and ED is even worse than nanny. She's a disgrace of a mum. Tsk3.

if we had another 40 episodes, then there would definitely be a plot twist and ED would turn out to be fake mom. LOL.. but since it is last week, not expecting any major plot twists.. but who knows, the writer may surprise us and we will be all like...

Spoiler

tenor.gif?itemid=4654056

25 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

if we had another 40 episodes, then there would definitely be a plot twist and ED would turn out to be fake mom. LOL.. but since it is last week, not expecting any major plot twists.. but who knows, the writer may surprise us and we will be all like...

Hide contents

Lol! That gif!

Here are few endings i really dont want:

1. This is a dream (during sleep or in a coma)

2. This is actually a long story telling session or a book reading session

3. This is a vision. 

Hahahaha :lol:

Hopefully the drama is wrapped up nicely. It has been a fun ride so far, eventhough my wish for Hyuk to be nice is now out ot reach. Sobs.

@confusedheart7997 thank you for the wish! I might remember CJH's birthday every year now. Hahaha

Oh my!.. looks like writer -nim made LH to the point of no return:sweatingbullets:. It’s no wonder that WS/WB told Sunny that he cannot leave the palace, otherwise she will be in trouble.. sigh.. Sunny is in BIG trouble.  

ED most likely inprisonned Sunny in the chamber... LH looks like he is going bonkers.. fate of WS/WB unknown.. and as many of you all said, the most evil women/mothers on earth are still alive and kicking plus gaining the upper hand..

i also wonder whose pic is LH  burning:unsure:

where is Byun and his army??,, has anyone ever wondered why he never took action for 7 long years since he is daughter died mysteriously .. sigh.. he better be the real Jedi master here and rescue WS and Sunny..

LONG TIME NO SEE.. gosh.. those 4 words from the old grand mama and seeing ED hiding behind the table had me laughing so bad.. who is she???

i was really curious about the title of this drama.. many of us assumed that it meant the Last empress but when I looked for the translation, it really means the dignity of the empress or empress dignity.. after watching 22 episodes, this title is more meaningful and to me it really means both SH and Sunny.

as we are nearing the end of TLE. There are still unanswered questions: what is KJS’s role and when is his memory going to return??..  that secretive island!... GED muderer(s). The list goes on and on...including the fate of SJ and Ari.. plus MYR. I still do not trust her!

I really want to see a satisfying ending and not rushed. No more plot twists please!!! Let the evils be punished and the good guys walk out of this palace with dignity and live in peace  

51 minutes ago, katakwasabi said:

Here are few endings i really dont want:

1. This is a dream (during sleep or in a coma)

2. This is actually a long story telling session or a book reading session

3. This is a vision. 

Hahahaha :lol:

Shush.. @katakwasabi, don't give ideas to the writer. You never know, she might be lurking in forums to refresh her mind from nice wrap up of the story...and Boom!:star:

She may like yours!:crazy:

All endings in above would make us crave for a 2nd season. But k-dramas seldom give us second seasons! :sweatingbullets:

Archived