[Drama 2018-2019] Empress Dignity / The Last Empress, 황후의 품격

0ly40

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hoping that the ending of this drama satisfies everyone, does not hang or lightning resolutions and essence of happiness tense and relieve it, and seems ordinary or forced to end. The peak of tension must end with an epic that attracts attention, given that many question marks are left at the end of the episode. At least there still needs to be a review of the events at the death of the GED, or what on the island of Cheugeum, even now who the victims assisted by Wang Shik are also mysterious, who is called by ED, and how to end the wealth of GED for Sunny, what are the reasons ED and KH being that bad, where is KJS, how all the mysteries are revealed if there is no evidence. Sunny just failed to trap KH even though he was caught red-handed because of ED. Sunny and the gang need to separate the strong ties of the criminals. This story is not just about love stories, more about how an ordinary girl reveals the truth about the royal family, but how it all ends ... Let's see... 

I didn’t have the time to watch the last 2 spisodes and just caught snippets here and there. Have been busy this week.:sweatingbullets: thank you to our great recappers

in my previous posts last week, I mentioned that I was curious to see how LH would react when he finds out that his most trusted dongsaeng and Empress have been working together and that their caring and liking of each other is not 1 sided. Deep down I knew he would turn ballistic but I had a glimmer of hope that after being close with Sunny, he would at least stop to think before he acted. I was flabbergasted that he actually snapped and almost choked his wife to death and have WB beaten and tortured. He had that murderous look in his eyes!. 

This just proves one thing which many of you have commented on. He will go after anyone who betrays his trust whether it is someone whom he loves or his close aids. He did exactly the same to the late empress SH and now Sunny. I believe there was only 1 person that he truly loved and that was SH and not Sunny. He was starving for love after he realizes how manipulative his mom is and Sunny was not an easy person to succumb to his whims and fancies unlike other women.

The cliffhanger was one of the best scenes. I was wondering how WB’s identity will be revealed and had wished LH knows it directly from WS/WB.. well.. looks like I got my wish answered and I was screaming with my hand over my mouth. This is what I have been waiting for and it was done so well. Kudos to both CJH and SSR for bringing out the true feelings of WS and LH at that moment.

i do not know how WS is going to get out of this but I pray that DS will not be witnessing any of the torture his “brother”has to go through. I don’t blame WS for acting rash here as he is right when he told MYR that DS will forever be his brother despite of what others may say. I do not think he had a choice. If he had listened to Sunny and YR and left DS in the hands of the imperial family, he would have regretted his decision and probably kill himself if something happened to DS.

it is nearing the end and perhaps this is the reverse twist the writer was doing. She had put in many scenes of LH taking baby steps to walk towards the right path but ultimately when one faces the biggest challenge in his/her life, it is a CHOICE that he or she makes. In this case, LH chose to walk a different direction. 

All the characters in TLE were put to test many times.. YR, ED and KH  all chose to ignore doing what is right because they had the power. ED said. “The imperial family has no sins” ( so absurd!!!)

I am really looking forward to see how both Sunny and WB brings down the imperial family.

one of the very special moments for me was when WS donated the money stolen from the imperial family to all the victims. He truly wanted the victims to get justice and these are strangers

whta at will be ending be.?.to be honest, I do not know. Of course I would love to see WS be happy again with whom he loves even if his life is short. Those moments will be precious to him and also give strengths to those who are left behind

This is one Kdrama that has me hooked since November and I cannot believe the time flew by so quickly. I like to take a moment here to thank all the chingus in this forum thread. This is one that I do not see any big fights and all contributors are free to share their thoughts. Thank you for making a newbie like me feel comfortable and not worried at all to share my thoughts 

Okay Last Chingusss...

As a viewer, we must stay focused. The emperor is the least of our worries right now because let's face it, the only thing he is ruling is bath time. His mother is running the palace and his mistress is running things as well. Those two evil hags are a bit much. Let's look at the body count between them.

• GED 
  • Empress So-Hyun
  • Lang Joo Seung (allegedly)
  • Joo Seun's brother
  • hospital director
  • possible Crown Prince Yoon

How many people have to die, come up missing, get thrown into the psych ward before people get the picture and realize these aren't all accidents. I wish Yoon had been more careful while collecting evidence. I wish Ari didn't feel compelled to lie for her murderous mother and become like her crazy father. And I further wish that the ED didn't have everybody on her personal payroll.

I think the keys to bringing the bad people down are:

- The court lady who works with the nanny and is doing duty for the Empress;

- Ari, who knows more than she has let on. 

- Helro - who now that she is in the palace will be able to go toe to toe with ED

- Byun, he will have to step up. He's been hiding in his inspector gadget lab all of these years, time for some more action.

The ED is the worst! She watched the nanny kill the late empress and then thanked her for taking care of it. :vicx:

8 hours ago, katakwasabi said:

Omo. Omo. Is KJS Ari's daddy? Plot twist! Haha. Joking.

That could be a possiblity too..I mean it's a makjang drama. Anything is possible.

SKH used such sweet tones that I was like DON'T TELL ME  whatever @katakwasabi said. But I kind of don't like this.

SKH has nice acting abilities..so she might be faking it.It's I'm unsure of her motive to associate herself with removing KJS that unsettles me.

So it's CJH's birthday..Wishing him a happy birthday and lots of good projects ahead. :)

And SBS most probably saved that Chun Woo Bin special video to upload on his birthday..okay.

Oh and is this today's picture or they've celebrated early in the filming set. Isn't he wearing the shirt from the last scene of latest episode?

176.gif&key=2c1c64ef9bf3f2ea92817e4cdeb8

May be they didn't have a change of cloths for Na Wang Shik after the revealation of real identity..Him being locked up.

Who's coming for rescue, I wonder? Cheif Byun?

The goal of WS & ED

WS

when the person he loves hurts or is in trouble 
He will be heart hot, but he hurts to death. Said that it was okay .. he never worried about himself
He has the poor status, but he is not greedy for money. Choose to let others to get them compensation
He is a family of victims who have suffered because of the dynasty.
He saw the value in other people's lives. Like his own life 

He goal has 2 reasons :
1. Destroy the royal family
2. Want to expose behind the death of the mother and let the people be on his side

What he did for the "Mother" who is a family of him.

ED

when the person you love hurts or is in trouble .She will not be heart hot.She is cold-blooded use others to kill and kill yourself.
Don't care about anyone and don't worry about anyone.
She is rich, but still greedy,offense

oppressing others, so many victims have happened because of her.
She saw that the lives of others were worthless. Can not be compared to her who is a royal family

She goals are 2 reasons :
1. Keep the dynasty alive
2. Want to hide behind the death of Sohyun, The Grand Dowager and ED. Her actions challenge the power of the laws

What she did act not do for "Son", which is her family. 

WS is "Million face"   but

ED is "Million tongue"

The goal of Sunny & King

Sunny 
She is understanding others and likes help them Have a fair mind because her life is normal Thus making her look at everyone understandably by using reason.
She will not indulge when she learns that someone is wrong. But will use different management methods Depends on what they do wrong and exhort to be conscious.
When she knew of the death of an unjust mother She therefore tried to use every way to deal with people.
Wrong help conceal WS's identity and proceed as planned. He puts it in order to be successful.

She goals are 2 reasons:
1. Revenge instead of mother
2. Protect WS and follow the contract

What she does is for "Mother" and "The person her love"
Which is important to her. "King" is the duty of Empress.

King

Outside, he must perform the duties of King.Good work, good looks, charming

Inside, he was born above everyone and must always be first Thus causing him to not see the lives of others more important than oneself There are things that you want to protect, but you can't do it because it's been mastered for a lifetime. He therefore likes to indulge himself until something happens many in his life .. he tried to return repentant to be a better person. He was shocked when he learned that WS & Sunny loved each other and that it was true. 
Both of you,the most reliable help him out of being a murderer who can kill and escape from his mother.

He goals are 2 reasons:
1. Don't want to be a puppet
2. Protect Sunny from his mother

What he did for "Himself" and 
"His loved" ones was what he wanted.

Another well made FMV of Protect Each Other Couple.. It has a sad tone to it.. :cry: But still liked it very much.

Spoiler

@Lmangla , another FMV from the Walk Through the Fire uploader.. Thought you might be interested as you liked that one very much. That one is still the best though.

Spoiler

Now that I think, most of the Suuny-WooBin videos are sad..may be because most of the fans are dreading sad ending for them because of Wang Shik.

2 hours ago, jbeanie1709 said:

This is one Kdrama that has me hooked since November and I cannot believe the time flew by so quickly. I like to take a moment here to thank all the chingus in this forum thread. This is one that I do not see any big fights and all contributors are free to share their thoughts. Thank you for making a newbie like me feel comfortable and not worried at all to share my thoughts

Agree with @jbeanie1709 thank you everyone, really enjoyed all the discussions, the drama and this forum has been fun.

Lee Hyuk is really sick... 

How can he tried to kill Sunny, then claimed she is his woman after that? 

He said before if he wanna protect her from his mother, but not protect her from his own anger.

I think Sunny see how pathetic Lee Hyuk life, he is so blind with what his mother said, so easy to brainwashed him. Sunny remind LH toward So Hyun... and he still repeat his wrong again. He never ask Sunny the reason why she want Yoon that take over his throne. If Lee Hyuk believe toward Sunny, he must not do that. He actually never trust Sunny... I don't think Sunny make Lee Hyuk mess his life, she just looks like bring him back to a right person, if she know the truth or LH know the truth.. everything just being better, although he get punishment... his live will be more light and calm... being strong again is more easy, he is weak right now, really weak, weak of power and mentality.

I know if Woo Bin betrayed him and take action to take down Imperial family, kill Pil Jo although he is bad person, steal although he steal what imperial family steal first. He is fight toward LH and ED.. 

But Sunny.. what she do just make everything clear, investigating, and protect herself from bad issue about her and Woo Bin. She is fight with ED and LH, but feel pathetic toward LH in the same time, being puppet or trapped by other. But LH never know if he's trapped. 

Does the Empress have no right to get power to recruit or planning a move in the palace, to protect herself or her people? If ED have a lot of people that help her, why Sunny not belong have any person that support her? The palace full of trick, if she only hanging on Lee Hyuk, thats not enough, does LH know it?

Lee Hyuk is so possessif to Sunny. He think can protect her by himself. Sunny get power by herself push ED to give her authority.. 

Lee Hyuk, are you really blind love to Sunny, No, you really just ossessed her, it not a blind love, you're blind love toward your mother. 

Shin Sung Rok Enraged By Startling Turn Of Events On âThe Last Empressâ

Shin Sung Rok Enraged By Startling Turn Of Events On “The Last Empress”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1302252wpp/shin-sung-rok-enraged-by-startling-turn-of-events-on-the-last-empress

3 Times Jang Nara Got Her Sweet Revenge In âThe Last Empressâ

3 Times Jang Nara Got Her Sweet Revenge In “The Last Empress”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1301554wpp/3-times-jang-nara-got-her-sweet-revenge-in-the-last-empress

34 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

I haven't been able to hang out much at soompi. So will there be any extension or our drama is ending next week?

I think it's ending next week, sadly. I'm happy since there's going to be closure finally but I don't think I'm ready to say good bye yet...

On another note: 

SSR is continuously impressing me with his acting! The chemistry between him, CJH and JNR is fantastic (I think I'll miss that most about the drama.)

It was such a CRAZY turn this week with only two episodes out! I knew that LH would go crazy knowing that Sunny wasn't really "on his side," but I didn't expect him to go completely insane and choke her! Sunny's death would have been a Empress So-hyun v. 2.0 if WB/WS wasn't there! That scene got me gasping for air and just screaming because of its intensity. LH was so reminded of what SH said to him before she died that I think some type of memory triggered for him. Always the one manipulated by someone (his mother, SKH, abused by his dad), I think he wanted to feel love from Sunny and when Sunny radiated that type of affection for him, I think he wanted to absorb in it.

The feeling of betrayal really got him, I guess.

I hope SKH has a bad ending, along with Mother Dowager. Both of them are horrible people, and SKH even manipulated her own daughter which I thought was just out of line.

There's so much still to be solved... Grandmother's death for one and I hope all characters get somewhat of the ending that they deserve...

3 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

I haven't been able to hang out much at soompi. So will there be any extension or our drama is ending next week?

Happy Birthday to my dear Choi Jin Hyuk! :heart:

And happy birthday to @katakwasabi and @foreverempress too!! :D

Thank you @ktcjdrama!

Shin Sung Rok Enraged By Startling Turn Of Events On “The Last Empress” https://www.soompi.com/article/1302252wpp/shin-sung-rok-enraged-by-startling-turn-of-events-on-the-last-empress

Lol at the title of this article. It can be read as if SSR was enraged with the script or something. Hahaha. Why can't they just put the character name in the title too?

Guys, I think Na Wang Sik will be saved by someone. Maybe Byun, Sunny or Yura. In a smooth way, Yura can say he's not Wang Sik since emperor believe she's the one knows WS really well. In a harsh way, Byun could make him escape n prpbably yura or sunny could save dongsik from palace. And it seems hyuk just try hard to convincing himself about Sunny relation to WS/ WB. Perhaps he put her in the chamber without anyone can see her especially woobin.

Some said Sunny is using the emperor. I can say yes. But at the same time she wants him to wake up. She realized Hyuk is not the only one could be blamed. 

Another thing, wang sik said his purpose to gave the gift with his name on it to some imperial victims is to make people realize how cruel imperial family and if something happen to him,royal family can't touch him. This could also help him. It will be hard if hyuk use Sunny to catch wang sik which I believe he will come to save her. 

Last one, what if the old lady who doesn't want to sell the island is failed-death grandma? Kkkkk... ED will surprise to dead when she personally meet to persuade her. 

1 hour ago, PutriSalju said:

Guys, I think Na Wang Sik will be saved by someone. Maybe Byun, Sunny or Yura. In a smooth way, Yura can say he's not Wang Sik since emperor believe she's the one knows WS really well. In a harsh way, Byun could make him escape n prpbably yura or sunny could save dongsik from palace. And it seems hyuk just try hard to convincing himself about Sunny relation to WS/ WB. Perhaps he put her in the chamber without anyone can see her especially woobin.

Some said Sunny is using the emperor. I can say yes. But at the same time she wants him to wake up. She realized Hyuk is not the only one could be blamed. 

Another thing, wang sik said his purpose to gave the gift with his name on it to some imperial victims is to make people realize how cruel imperial family and if something happen to him,royal family can't touch him. This could also help him. It will be hard if hyuk use Sunny to catch wang sik which I believe he will come to save her. 

Last one, what if the old lady who doesn't want to sell the island is failed-death grandma? Kkkkk... ED will surprise to dead when she personally meet to persuade her. 

Actually I always found it odd.  The ED is so cruel.  She would even get rid of both her sons.  She is just trying to persuade an old lady to sell her the land and not try to harm her or kill her for it!  It's quite unbelievable!

Wang Sik may want justice for victims but sorry, I think it is not the right way.  He stole the money.  He is playing Robin Hood!  I loved everything about WS up to the scene of him distributing stolen money in his name.  I can't reconcile with that. 

4 hours ago, PutriSalju said:

When ED and Ms.Choi talk bout the island they speak a woman not want to sell the land. This make me not sure if the island owner is Imperial Family, that's why ED want Sa Geun Ja sell the land to her, maybe ED want to make something for her own glory. If the island owner is Ssu Ni, maybe the secret of this will reveal. Ssu Ni must be give the island back to their real owner. Or Maybe ED agent sell the island to GED and make GED buy the island, but ED corrupted all the money. 

GED name is not Sa Geun Ja.. Grand Empress Dowager Joo.. if she's alive, does ED just calm down? 

http://asianwiki.com/The_Last_Empress_(Korean_Drama)

3 hours ago, O said:

Wang Sik may want justice for victims but sorry, I think it is not the right way.  He stole the money.  He is playing Robin Hood!  I loved everything about WS up to the scene of him distributing stolen money in his name.  I can't reconcile with that. 

I agree with this. If he wanted to give the imperial money that he stolen to the victims(?)..he should have done it anonymously. In some sense it is compensation money, he could have just handed it over without saying its from NWS. He's playing robin hood. And seriously...who are these victims, i don't think I've seen or heard about them before. Suddenly we have so many victims. Hua3

Edit:

(In response to @flutterby06 comments on the above)

To clarify..its not surprising there are a lot more victims of the imperial family. Not  surprising at all. Does it need to be included in the plot? Imo, not really. 

I don't mind the money giving, its compensation money. I just thought he could have given it anonymously. Or he can sign it under the secret organization name. Or a moniker/alias. Not using his own name. 

At first i too thought he might be signing with NWS to cause an uproar. But when its used too constantly, and now with more random people..it feels out of place. My opinion.

I reread my original post. The sentence 'and it seems that he likes being the hero' is uncalled for. Sorry for that. It has now been deleted from the original post.

Archived