[Drama 2023] Arthdal Chronicles 2, 아스달 연대기 2

marykarmelina

Ep 10 was just awesome.. loved all the interactions between Saya and Tanya.. very impactful .. loving Saya's character.. wow what a discovery it is to find out his various shades.. a skilled strategist n manipulator yet a needy child when it comes to Tanya.. he will not be willing to give up Tanya to ES. And I wonder how he will react when he finds out that Tanya is still not honest with him.. he believes Tanta dreamt abt him.. and Tanya has still not told abt ES esp the face being alike.. she almost told him. N wonder why Says didn't try to find out what she meant... can't wait for Saya to find out all this!!

And while ES seems like childhood sweetheart for Tanya.. the attraction n the vibe with Saya is powerful.. whom will she choose.. ? I hope the series doesn't end with Saya dying though it seems likely...  looks likeSaya may go to abby extreme for Tanya.. like how Tagon wants power..Saya may want Tanya...

In season 1 we had saya suffering for 3 episodes n her growth in season 2..now ES is suffering in season 2 ..season 3 we will witness his growth in strength..

We still don't know the real reason why Tagon took Says..i doubt he wants him as his successor.... maybe he wants him not to live in shame like him..?

Too many thoughts ant season 3..Neanthals.. wil share in next post..

PS: why is season 3 in September? Despite the agonizing wait.. isn't it too risky as ppl may lose interest in 2 months ? 

• Like 8

3 hours ago, Gumiho9 said:

He thinks Igutus are superior than others and wants Tagon to embrace his Igutu identity and rule Arthdal as a proud Igutu king with himself as his son and heir. so for now he wants Tagon to succeed and he is helping him in his own twisted way. He wants power but he needs Tagon to achieve it, without Tagon he is nothing and he knows it but of course things could change if he becomes the crown Prince.

i feel the same... Saya is very smart...he is playing the game very well for now...

• Like 6

Oh is part 3 confirmed for September? That is a long wait; maybe it will get moved up if the ratings increase. I am not sure how popular this drama is in SK due to the GoT comparisons and now the divorce mess. It is such a shame because it is a very good and unique Kdrama in these past few years. 

• Like 7

41 minutes ago, stella77 said:

Oh is part 3 confirmed for September? That is a long wait; maybe it will get moved up if the ratings increase

Yes its September.. another drama is starting from mid July and after that AC will resume.. am really curious why they have pushed season 3 to September instead of going with the flow... the drama is pre-produced right? I believe the shooting is completed? 

41 minutes ago, stella77 said:

am not sure how popular this drama is in SK due to the GoT comparisons and now the divorce mess

Very mixed reviews in Korea.. partly due to the unique theme but now with the divorce.. not really sure...

I was also not mitch much into this show after the first 2 episodes  ..too many characters n plots but the show picked up pace once ES came to Arthdal and with Saya in season 2 it's really amazing..

I watched episode 1 again n noticed that Aramulla tells in Asa Rons dream that the child is cursed and will end Arthdal.. even the prophecy says that .. I dont think this drama will have a typical happily ever after ending... we can expect death of many key characters n the name Arthdal being disbanded (tanya already cursed  the city).. ultimately the consequence of the greed for power..

May as will end with ppl ( tanya) shunning  power n living the simpler way like the Wahan tribe !!

Wonder who will ES meet first..Tanya or Saya or Neanthals

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, Raquel Bastian said:

hi Chingus,

i really love this drama and happy that netflix is uploading the drama very timely :)

however, there are only 2 episodes left :( and then we will wait for September.

i like it when ES snapped when Tanya already thought he died, and in the preview for the next episode, ES will bring his spirit to have a life back when Tanya learned that ES is not dead.. they are really connected with each other.

I just want Taelha and Tagon to be forever (haha cheesy it may sound) i love their chemistry.

Sanya is a bad richard simmons... 

and I hate the Wahan tribe people :/ 

I agree I never liked any of the Wahan tribe they were all discriminating towards ES exception Tanya and now after hating on him they were all expecting him to do everything that was so two faces

• Like 5

5 hours ago, LSGLMH_88 said:

@bebebisous33 also i don't think that neanthals will go jumping on every saram now.. Ragaz has motive.... he wants to take revenge... though mubaek was shocked but looking at how calm ragaz is , Mubaek & Ragaz will surely come up with some solutions...

Was it really Ragaz?? didn't he die before how can he be alive? does that mean he will recognize his sons? I thought they were robit and the other child that Asa Hon left when she went to the lark???? someone help I am confused 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, bwnnygirl said:

ARTHDAL CHRONICLES THEORY  

*contains spoiler*

All this time I thought that ES is Arammun but today something came to my mind. Like said before when the world was created the three heavenly objects were sent to this world and also when the world is going to end they will come back. I believe in form of reincarnation. That means Tanya is reincarnation of Asa Sin and I think ES might actually be Risan's ik people will not agree I also want him to be Aramun but thinking about it they both loved each other and lived down in lark and also Saya might actually be Aramun. Because when u think about it the sword that will slay the world might be Risan if I am not wrong he was a warrior and also the bell is Asa Sin and her psychic powers and also the mirror might be Aramun so Saya. But I really don't know and I hope that Es is Aramun. Still the way the horse reacted "he's a weak one" really left me surprised I was wondering if there's also someone else.

Yes When I saw the horse said that I was a bit mad .. I think ES is Aramun and because he was so disheartened by the Wahan tribe and so lost out of his element he didn't have the strength to find ... just like all heroes they go through hell before they become strong again... I think that the horse will come back again for ES 

• Like 5

It's somehow strange that people think the 2 Neanthals are the 2 kids that Asa Ron and Ragaz saved. While Rottip (Nichkhun) is one of them, the other Neanthal is basically Yisooroobeu. He was there with Ragaz (the twin's' father) and Raknrup (the previous Chief) at the meeting between Neanthals and Saram. 

(On a side note, I wonder whether the woman who translated back then, is actually Tagon's mother. She seems to have exchanged looks with Sanung Niruhua.) 

Just before when Asa Hon ran away to Iark, we have met the two kids as one boy and one girl. We still don't know who the girl is, but people's assumptions are on Saenarae or Nunbyeol. But then, the girl is at least 7  up to 10 years older than the twins, should be same age as Nichkhun so we must not have seen her yet. 

How did Rottip reunite with Yiseuroobeu? 

Why did they come to Harim's house and encounter Nunbyeol? 

Is Nunbyeol Igutu or Neanthal? 

How could have Yiseuroobeu sensed Saya in the market? (Because he's family or he's Igutu?) And why did Rottip hold him back? 

Why was Tagon excited to save the baby Saya? 

How will Eunseom meet the Neanthals or Saya? 

I hope we all get the answers before the Season 2 ends. If not, we all will be dying during those July-August weeks!

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Claudia Ximena said:

Was it really Ragaz?? didn't he die before how can he be alive? does that mean he will recognize his sons? I thought they were robit and the other child that Asa Hon left when she went to the lark???? someone help I am confused 

It wasn't, it was Yiseuroobeu, the other adult Neanthal who was in the first ep during the meeting of the Sarams and Neanthals. Wonder how he survived though.

---------------

Now, everything is being set up nicely, every piece of the puzzle is starting to show up and move on its own. Glad to see ES finally trying to escape and make his move, about time. 

Like some of you mentioned already, I also feel like Saya might not have a happy ending eventually. He may be calculative, cunning, conniving, but he has his this soft spot for Tanya for some reason. Tanya seems to be the anchor of both ES and Saya, as she is the most important to ES's life and Saya, being drawn to her, she becomes the person that teaches him what is good and not since all he does are basically by the book. Did you even see the look in his face when Tanya brushed off his hand and trying to leave, that hurt...and desperation of wanting her to stay with him...so I can see how he might do everything in his power to protect and keep Tanya by his side...which may also lead to his death (still hoping it won't be the case tho since he is one of those three objects).

Pretty sure I wasn't the one excited to finally see the Neanthals back... and in Arthdal :). I'm guessing Nichkhun isn't just simply doing a cameo since he is Rottip....good to know :D..as this will be his first Korean drama appearance ever. Their timing is just so perfect..."The day a paradise flycatcher wears another color, there shall be a catastrophe". I love it when they made us think that it was all a plan of Asa Ron when in reality, a catastrophe has already started taking its shape. And this Nunbyeol girl, wonder who she really is and why Rottip and Yiseuroobeu went in that place...guess we'll know it on the next episodes. Really didn't realize it but Neanthals can actually glow their eyes blue at will...I loved it when Yiseuroobeu did it ^^. Went back to episode 1 where Ragaz did the same thing, I think it's probably why they can see clearly at night. The most exciting thing I'm looking forward to is when the Neanthals finally meet ES and SY..heck..even Tanya :P.

I feel that Season 3 might be action packed, since Seasons 1 and 2 seems to be quite slow leaving only 2 eps for Season 2, that I even think this shouldn't just be 18 episodes if they planned it to be divided in 3 seasons. Wonder why they didn't go at least 20-24 episodes or more. They should have shown in Season 1 the origin of Neanthals too...I think that their story is quite interesting. We didn't even have much understanding of how they came about in ep 1 and then they just wiped them out (well, at least most of them). I really wanted to see more of Ragaz and Asa Hon as well. 18 eps seems not quite enough so let's see how the writer will squeeze it all in in Season 3. 

After Season 2 ends, Hotel del Luna will take the time slot of Arthdal...and probably after it ends, we'll get Season 3.

• Like 8

8 hours ago, Gumiho9 said:

He thinks Igutus are superior than others and wants Tagon to embrace his Igutu identity and rule Arthdal as a proud Igutu king with himself as his son and heir. so for now he wants Tagon to succeed and he is helping him in his own twisted way. He wants power but he needs Tagon to achieve it, without Tagon he is nothing and he knows it but of course things could change if he becomes the crown prince.

Btw, I think the older Neanthal is Itzrub, he was present in the meeting between Sarams and Neanthals  that happened twenty years ago. We don't know where the second Neanthal kid is yet.

second kid could be the other girl / younger sister of second lead actress .. the one who was looking after eunsome in hut when he was hurt and older sis and dad were away

1 hour ago, chawminn said:

It's somehow strange that people think the 2 Neanthals are the 2 kids that Asa Ron and Ragaz saved. While Rottip (Nichkhun) is one of them, the other Neanthal is basically Yisooroobeu. He was there with Ragaz (the twin's' father) and Raknrup (the previous Chief) at the meeting between Neanthals and Saram. 

(On a side note, I wonder whether the woman who translated back then, is actually Tagon's mother. She seems to have exchanged looks with Sanung Niruhua.) 

Just before when Asa Hon ran away to Iark, we have met the two kids as one boy and one girl. We still don't know who the girl is, but people's assumptions are on Saenarae or Nunbyeol. But then, the girl is at least 7  up to 10 years older than the twins, should be same age as Nichkhun so we must not have seen her yet. 

How did Rottip reunite with Yiseuroobeu? 

Why did they come to Harim's house and encounter Nunbyeol? 

Is Nunbyeol Igutu or Neanthal? 

How could have Yiseuroobeu sensed Saya in the market? (Because he's family or he's Igutu?) And why did Rottip hold him back? 

Why was Tagon excited to save the baby Saya? 

How will Eunseom meet the Neanthals or Saya? 

I hope we all get the answers before the Season 2 ends. If not, we all will be dying during those July-August weeks!

did you read that the relationship chart states that taelha is naenthal descendant :P.. or atleast initially drama had that planned

who knows maybe she is indeed not M's daughter hence he made her the spy

• Like 3

5 hours ago, stella77 said:

. I am not sure how popular this drama is in SK due to the GoT comparisons and now the divorce mess

let's hope will have a better end ...GOT END WAS RUSHED ...Ruined the characters...i hope will not happen here...the good news is that we won't have to wait two years to watch the end of the story...

• Like 4

Dramabeans Recap: Arthdal Chronicles - Episode 7

Arthdal07-00463.jpg

Everyone has secrets, but some secrets are too big to be kept under wraps forever. One such secret is tired of being mistreated and decides to enact their own sort of revenge, though their motives are far from clear. As events in Arthdal start to spin out of control, it’s clear to see that the world needs a savior — or three.

Arthdal07-00455.jpg

read full article>>> http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/06/arthdal-chronicles-episode-7/

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Hi! I'm from the Philippines and I just finished watching episodes 9 and 10 (they're great!), but another thing that took me by surprise is one of the languages used in episode 9, specifically from 3:15 - 7:30 of the video. I'm a Filipino and  "Waray-waray" is my dialect and I recognized some of the words used as being from Tagalog or Waray-Waray like "ako - me" ; "tubig - water" ; "kaon - eat" ; "itaas - up/above". I could be wrong though as they might have used another language reference. What language do you think did they use? :D

• Like 9
  • Insightful 1

It wouldn't be surprising that the 2 neanthals came there because they are protected by the White Peak Mountain Heart Society.  Soompians' theory that the Chaeeun little sister Nunbyeol could be an Igutu is quite plausible.  that may explain why Chaeun, without hesitation, help Eunseon when she met him in episode 3.  When told by the farmer he accidentally killed, Eunseon was distressed that he is a disgusting Igutu spawn of the even more disgusting Neanthal...Chaeun said :  Neanthal are beautiful.

That kind of familiarity must come from personal experience, i.e. having family member who are like that or protecting friends who are like that.   Plus the White Peak Mountain Heart society worship Aramun as an Igutu (a half saram half neanthal).  Well time will tell.

Also they are quite well dressed and obviously well fed and obviously comfortable with Arthdal city...so some saram must protect them.

the most intriguing question for the ending is if there will be a world full of saram ONLY,  or a world full of saram and igutu and maybe even a few neanthals?  This reader, being cynical, picks the former! so sorry @lebeaucouple

• Like 10
  • Insightful 1

1 hour ago, thisisadv said:

Hi! I'm from the Philippines and I just finished watching episodes 9 and 10 (they're great!), but another thing that took me by surprise is one of the languages used in episode 9, specifically from 3:15 - 7:30 of the video. I'm a Filipino and  "Waray-waray" is my dialect and I recognized some of the words used as being from Tagalog or Waray-Waray like "ako - me" ; "tubig - water" ; "kaon - eat" ; "itaas - up/above". I could be wrong though as they might have used another language reference. What language do you think did they use? :D

You are right. An article from Inquirer said that a Filipino filmmaker is in the show. He was the one who stood up and asked for food and water. I am a Cebuano and I also recognized some of the words. The article said  they used the Tausug dialect. 

By the way, here's the link of the article: https://lifestyle.inquirer.net/339537/filipino-filmmaker-is-responsible-for-two-ph-languages-in-k-drama-arthdal-chronicles/

• Like 9

16 hours ago, nikir said:

Ep 10 was just awesome.. loved all the interactions between Saya and Tanya.. very impactful .. loving Saya's character.. wow what a discovery it is to find out his various shades.. a skilled strategist n manipulator yet a needy child when it comes to Tanya..

I truly agree with you. I am usually drawn to characters with sexy brain haha that's why I like Saya although I don't really sympathize and agree with the things that he has been doing.

17 hours ago, nikir said:

And while ES seems like childhood sweetheart for Tanya.. the attraction n the vibe with Saya is powerful.. whom will she choose.. ? I hope the series doesn't end with Saya dying though it seems likely...  looks likeSaya may go to abby extreme for Tanya.. like how Tagon wants power..Saya may want Tanya...

I was about to drop the show after episode 5 but I stayed for Saya because he is such an interesting and complex character. Since he and Tanya have more interactions now, I'm currently rooting for him. Eunsoom should really step up his game. LOL

I like this show so much that I think 18 episodes are not enough. I couldn't digest what was happening because the pacing is very fast. I also think that the brutality and violence are uncomfortable to watch. Maybe that's why some Koreans don't like it very much. Nevertheless, the story is good and KJW-SJK couple has great chemistry! I can't wait to watch the Episode 11 next week. I also think that the hiatus will kill me. September is so far away. :( 

• Like 7