[Drama 2023] Arthdal Chronicles 2, 아스달 연대기 2

marykarmelina

Im little bit confused, can someone please answer me? The two Neanthals that Asa Hon saved is Rottip and who is the other one? Is it 

Yiseuroobeu? If its not, then where is the other neanthal that Asa hon saved? 

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

1 hour ago, Zero Two said:

Why Nunbyeol is weak? Can u pls answer me? Im confused

The person who adopt her is a doctor, its sound like he finds way to  temporarily cut the ability of Nunbyeol to make her safe and to live like a true saram, for her not to harm Saram. Its kinda medical procedure that he performs to Nunbyeol. 

Edited by Tagonim
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Zero Two said:

Im little bit confused, can someone please answer me? The two Neanthals that Asa Hon saved is Rottip and who is the other one? Is it 

Yiseuroobeu? If its not, then where is the other neanthal that Asa hon saved

Yiseuroobeu and Rottip

• Like 2

The trailer for part 3 is so good and it matches with the description of the Korean wiki, Saya becomes besotted with Tanya, Tanya becomes the most honorable being of Arthdal and it's very likely that she will be betrothed to Tagon's son Saya so Tagon can secure his power, Eunsome is secretly starting a rebellion and he will soon become a conqueror. :lol:

• Like 8

13 minutes ago, uuugogirl said:

The trailer for part 3 is so good and it matches with the description of the Korean wiki, Saya becomes besotted with Tanya, Tanya becomes the most honorable being of Arthdal and it's very likely that she will be betrothed to Tagon's son Saya so Tagon can secure his power, Eunsome is secretly starting a rebellion and he will soon become a conqueror. :lol:

Yes this seems to be the reason Tagon is not killing Saya now!! The preview was more promising than today's episode!!

If the preview is just for the first 2 episodes then it's going to be very good next season. Coz there is lot more to happen n they really need to pick up the pace if they want to wrap it in the next 6 episodes..

Looks like the tribes are going to fight each other!! Saya will clearly do anything for Tanya..I wonder if Tanya will tell him that her heart is with ES n that he is alive.. !! 

• Like 7

30 minutes ago, uuugogirl said:

17 minutes ago, nikir said:

Yes this seems to be the reason Tagon is not killing Saya now!! The preview was more promising than today's episode!!

If the preview is just for the first 2 episodes then it's going to be very good next season. Coz there is lot more to happen n they really need to pick up the pace if they want to wrap it in the next 6 episodes..

Looks like the tribes are going to fight each other!! Saya will clearly do anything for Tanya..I wonder if Tanya will tell him that her heart is with ES n that he is alive.. !! 

We still havent had the big reveals that there are twins + Kanmoreu the horse legend is real + who is the real Aramun. So much to cover in the last 6 episodes!! It kinda looked like a preview for the whole season because we have Tagon and Taealha fighting off people yet Tagon on the throne at the same time + the new girl (I really wished they didn't add another new character at this pt...) who EunSeom rescues (?) somehow in the woods. Will they really cover so much in the first 2 eps? Tanya actually starting to look a little miserable in her position too.  

• Like 6

22 minutes ago, herina_90 said:

the new girl (I really wished they didn't add another new character at this pt...) who EunSeom rescues (?) somehow in the woods.

Was this scene in the preview??

Also the wahan guy who betrayed ES appears as a soldier Daekan warrior in preview..

Tanya dancing n the finding the bell was great beautifully done!!! The highlight of this episode!!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, nikir said:

Was this scene in the preview??

There was a slightly longer version of the preview I saw ( I think more than 30 secs) where the new girl shows up twice. I think its the Japanese actress that was stated as also appearing.

I also really liked the finding the bell scene - it nicely linked up all of Tanya's training (slingshot included - I doubt an arrow would have ever been able to break the rock) and the blue comet prophecy. And the sound of the bell sent goosebumps through me the first time. 

Can't believe we got to wait 2 months for the continuation T_T Based on today's ep, there's no way Tanya will pick ever Saya. it's going to be Tanya + Eunseom taking over Arthdal!

• Like 5

59 minutes ago, herina_90 said:

There was a slightly longer version of the preview I saw ( I think more than 30 secs) where the new girl shows up twice. I think its the Japanese actress that was stated as also appearing.

Hi chingu! @herina_90 *hugs* we meet again!!

it’s so good to watch another drama with you so we can discuss and analyze! 

But now we have to wait until September for Part 3. 

I feel that 6 episodes is not enough to cover everything that is still needed. ES’s character development was so slow in the last 6 episodes that i am trying to figure out why the writer wrote it like that. I read/heard that it took the writer 8 years to complete this story idea hence i was expecting character developments to happen at a much faster pace. 

This series should be more than 18 episodes. I get really frustrated when the last episodes become a rushed collection of events :unsure:<_<

• Like 5

@vangsweetie637 hi chingu!!! didn't see you in the thread!! good to see you again :D

I feel like I'm going to revisit all these episodes again in a month's time so I can recall all the prophecies before part 3 lol. The scene of Tanya finding the bell felt quite rewarding so I think writers are doing a pretty good job linking it up (I never expected the 'death' to just be of the bird). In terms of character development, it kindaaa feels like only Tanya and EunSeom (albeit slower) have really changed since ep 1. Tagon and Taealha are basically the same people they've been the whole series. 

If I think of the last ep of Part 3 being the successful takeover of Arthdal, I guess I can see why the pacing has been this way. The writers had to let Tagon take over first (rather than Tagon ruling from ep 1) so we can see what kind of ruler/person he is, and I guess put us behind supporting EunSeom in taking over.  

• Like 7
  • Love 1

I thought episode 11 was a little slow and the last episode did much better on pacing. Looks like we will have time to rewatch from the beginning to catch all the details as we wait for the next batch of episodes. Was it August or September? Thoughts:

Spoiler

Yey for Tanya lol. Everything was literally preparing her for that moment like she said. If I was her I would feel so creeped out that I am not in control of my own life and everything was predestined eeeks! That aside, it was a great moment for her and I am glad she is coming to her own power to help E.

I do so admire Tagon and Taelha’s relationship! They know each other soooooo well and have trust enough in each other to out smart and out edge their enemies and avoid all their traps to destroy their relationship. Glad that they didn’t betrayed each other.

I enjoy Saya and Tagon’s relationship too. It was an interesting flip back and forth between them and let’s see where this goes.

Finally happy that E is out of the mines! I know his scenes here were slow but I think they are quite powerful and will be key to his ability to win all the tribes. 

I am sad for the Ns. I like that they have Nbyl a choice and respect her decision even if it meant an end to their kind. There are 5 of them?!?  I will need to go back and try to see who the other 2 are. Brain not working right now lol.

• Like 8

Spoiler

Episode 12 thoughts:

It's revealed that there are 5 Neanthal survivors and only having 1 female which is Nunbyeol. She might couple with one of them in the future as she said she might want to meet them later. This clears up that Rottip and the other child Ragaz and Asa Hon saved weren't the only survivors. 

Saya submitting to Tagon' is wise and this might be why he was saved as a baby by Tagon. However, Tagon clearly threatened to kill him for all the trouble he caused, so he might not have second thoughts killing him in the future. Quite a nice scene to see Tagon acknowledging Saya to the point of hiding him in his room. Tagon finally sees the opportunity how to effectively use Saya. I'm afraid that Saya might become a nemesis to Eunsom. It's better for them to work together.

It's also quite funny how the Daekan forces just accepted that Tagon had a son. They must really think that it's not impossible  Tagon ma have a love child especially being at that age. It's also funny how they try to gossip on who the mother was. 

On the other hand, the prophecy of Tagon playing with the sacred objects have now come true. He stole the mirror (Saya) and made him his son to gain power, took the bell (Tanya) and made her a spiritual leader to gain power and crossed swords with the sword (Eunsom) to kill his father and gain power. I hope the next episodes will not just be 6. If not, that's a lot of things to cover in a short amount of time.

I wonder how Mubaek will play in the next season. He clearly got a lot of info and also helped Tagon gain more power despite having reservations on Tagon's motives. He even hid himself along with the people of Arth outside the Great Shrine. It's also an intriguing moment that the old woman who Mubaek consulted wanted to stop Tanya. As what she prophesied, Tanya will have a hand in destroying that "world".

One interesting thing about TaeAlha and Tagon, they both risked their lives in having faith on each other which is a nice contrast on the promise they had when they were younger. They really love each other. It's also interesteing that we finally see Asa Mot having an interaction with Tagon. We finally see his wife, but this could mean that she isn't visible, because of her political stance. We only see her with Tagon in their marriage room(?) or bed when she was making political propositions with him. I mean, he clearly doesn't have any love for her, but he is civil with her. 

On the 3rd Season Preview thoughts:

Tanya has just become the most influential figure in Arthdal. She may now collect the other Wahan people that has been scattered all over the place. But, I don't think she will recover Eunsom. Like the preview, EunSom will somehow become a hero and will be a conqueror just like how Tagon was. But, he might be more proud as an Igutu and might not hide it anymore. The female leader we see might be connected to the other tribe mates Eunsom was with. 

We also see Taealha and Tagon in many assassination attempts. It seems like Tagon may become a king in the future. What really intrigues me is Saya's status in the next season. He might be not hidden away anymore and Tagon will use Saya to connect with Tanya. tanya really looked miserable despite having power. We see Saya hugging a very distant Tanya and we also see Saya having a smirk while seeing a bloodied Mihol. He pretty much is a psycho baby. He is pure, but is raised in Arthdal and all its cruelty and political machinations. Tagon using Saya more outright in the next season might taint Saya in a darker way. I really agree with the post on Tagon using Saya as an heir while making Tanya as Saya's betrothed. In this way, he will gain even more power.

I will have many questions for the next 3 months we will have to wait. Will Eunsom rescue his twin and Tanya? Or will Tanya rescue the twins? When will Helper come back? Who is Aramaun? Will the Neanthals have connection with the twins? Will Nunbyeol fall for another Neanthal or Saram? What is Chae Eun and Mubaek's stance in the next season? Will Asa Ron be banished? How will they react to know that Eunsom and Saya are of the Asa clan?

I wonder how the twins will meet as they are on an opposing sides now.  

My thoughts on Episode 12 and the next season's preview.

• Like 10

@herina_90 lol i am here! :D i am following this drama and the thread too ;) 

now that the season has ended, i feel like there is a need to revisit the episodes so we don’t easily forget the prophecies. I even considered going back to the series so i can remember crucial dialogue or scenes lol. I feel like this series is at a fast and slow pace that it is easy to get confused. I definitely see Tanya has developed more as a character. If i think of her vs Talhea then definitely Tanya has developed more. 

*gotta go to dance class lol so will be back to continue my discussion with all of you :D and after watching the episode.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Anh Nguyen Roff said:

They said there were five “blue blood” survivors. As I remember we have met 3 so far. I’m wondering if the other two are the twins S. and E.? Maybe as the kids they thought the twins were also “blue-blood”?

My personally thought, there were initially 5 survivors after the event in Atturad: Ragaz, Nunbyeol, Yiseuroobeu, Rottib and the other kid that Ragaz/Asa Hon saved. Ragaz died a long time ago, so now there are only 4 survivors left.

• Like 2

i really loved Tanya dance scene ...finally understood and  become the most influential figure in Arthdal !From the preview Eunsom  will also be somebody very important...a strong leader...and  they are thinking at each other ...

• Like 5