[Drama 2018-2019] Top Star Yoo Baek 톱스타 유백이

larus

12 hours ago, joonminfan said:

I wonder from watching the preview, whom KS dolled up for. I suspect it could be YB, as she was standing in the yard of her own house, looking towards the rooms. I need to rewatch that part to be sure though. And it seems like MD took the words of a little girl very seriously. We know for sure that he is in love with her, as he keeps looking at her photo and talking to it on his ship. But does she love him as an oppa:P or an OPPA:wub:

Exactly.. I think it was @RobinM who mentioned this as well. It’s a different kind of oppa feelings . :lol:

yippee the BTS of him hiding from her & her saving him (JSM is quite strong, coz he ain’t small size ) 

Jack sparrow :D 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, icyphoenix said:

ISH is gonna make an appearance on the show!! 

P. S.  Not following the show but might watch it for ISH 

Woo Hoo Im Soo Hyang!! :heart: can’t wait to see her! Unfortunately she won’t meet Yoo Baek or Kang Soon

11 minutes ago, annie1234 said:

Woo Hoo Im Soo Hyang!! :heart: can’t wait to see her! Unfortunately she won’t meet Yoo Baek or Kang Soon

Haha , is this the next TOP Star  that will go to the island & be MD’s love line ? :joy:

22 minutes ago, annie1234 said:

She will be in a comic avataar.. So can't wait to see her

9 minutes ago, triplem said:

Haha , is this the next TOP Star  that will go to the island & be MD’s love line ? :joy:

I don't think.. I heard that she is just doing a cameo for the show!! 

Spoiler

2 hours ago, icyphoenix said:

ISH is gonna make an appearance on the show!! 

P. S.  Not following the show but might watch it for ISH 

Oh yeh! ISH is coming! 

But she wouldn't be able to interact with our main leads, because they are on the island. Interesting. I wonder what her appearance is going to be about.

5 hours ago, triplem said:

yippee the BTS of him hiding from her & her saving him (JSM is quite strong, coz he ain’t small size ) 

Jack sparrow :D 

It was soo cheesy on JSM saving KJS when he slipped. HAHAHA! :lol:

Also Sang Yeob just looks soo funny as Korean Jack Sparrow. Lol!

Im Soo Hyang To Make Hilarious Cameo Appearance In “Top Star U-Back”

Im Soo Hyang To Make Hilarious Cameo Appearance In “Top Star U-Back”

Nov 29, 2018
by L. Kim

Im Soo Hyang will be making a cameo appearance in “Top Star U-Back”!

On November 29, the tvN drama released stills of the actress’ appearance on the show.

In the newly-released stills, Im Soo Hyang shows off her haughty charms, which draws attention to the identities of her partners in the conversation. She is talking to Heo Jeong Min, who plays Nam Jo, and Jo Hee Bong, the CEO of top star Yoo Baek (Kim Ji Suk)’s agency. Viewers are curious about why these two met up with Im Soo Hyang’s character and how she is connected to them.

According to the production crew, in this particular scene, the CEO and Nam Jo are trying to locate Yoo Baek two hours before the start of an awards ceremony. They will attempt to find the people who were previously entangled in scandals with him, and the situation is already receiving interest from viewers.

im-soo-hyang.jpg

The production crew stated, “We asked [Im Soo Hyang] to appear [on the show] under the judgment that the appearance of the greatest actress coming second to Korea’s top star Yoo Baek will have a dramatic effect on the drama. [Im Soo Hyang] revealed her hidden comical instinct by playing a rude, narcissistic character who is equivalent to the ‘female Yoo Baek.’ Im Soo Hyang worked passionately despite her busy schedule, so please stay tuned for the live broadcast.”

“Top Star U-Back” is about A-list celebrity Yoo Baek (played by Kim Ji Suk) who causes a huge scandal and is exiled to Yeojeuk Island. There, he experiences slow countryside life and begins a romance with Oh Kang Soon (played by Jun So Min).

The drama airs every Friday at 11 p.m. KST.

Source : soompi

https://www.soompi.com/article/1271015wpp/im-soo-hyang-make-hilarious-cameo-appearance-top-star-u-back

On 11/22/2018 at 2:15 PM, triplem said:

@irilight I hv  posted on the viki site using my disqus acc. But at least it seems now that fan subs are out 

@triplem, thank you so much for doing it. Shame that Viki did not bring us despite so many of us wanting to see this drama.

Thanks so much to the fans subs.... I loved the first 2 episodes... I am hooked...

That scene when he was trying to tell the goat to hush up had me rolling with laughter.  rofl-smiley-emoticon.gif

42 minutes ago, irilight said:

That scene when he was trying to tell the goat to hush up had me rolling with laughter.  rofl-smiley-emoticon.gif

I died laughing. This drama is a breath of fresh air . Love the island folks .

@icyphoenix Thanks for the info. Come join us . This is a fun drama . Only once a week ( TVN’s new late night Friday slot ) for 10 episodes. 

———-

Look at what TOP Star shi posted. Pls let our ship sail. Looks like they are in Seoul . Do you think she comes to Seoul ? Edit : notice she’s wearing his silver bracelet!

@joonminfan This has got chinese subs. What are they saying ? 

Spoiler

TvN updates 

1 hour ago, joonminfan said:

@blademan thank you so much for sharing this!!! It’s so beautiful!!! I can’t wait for Friday night but unfortunately I’m not able to access the live streaming site. :bawling:

@triplem you have GOT to see this!

Omg !!! I just saw it . I just melted and my heart might burst . I cannot wait now. Did you see how he went crazy & dived in without hesitation when he sensed she was in the water too long? ( I have to fangirl over how sexy he looked diving in with that white top . ) And the scene that followed of them just walking & Ed Sheeran‘s All the Stars playing in the background - Gosh it’s so romantic   :wub:

@USAFarmgirl @ktcjdramaI know you both probably have a full plate but if you can squeeze this in, only one episode a week . Think you might enjoy this sweet & warm drama. 

——-

tvn - they better be the end game . :D 

I also think that the pace of the drama is little fast like a drama special. This is not affecting my enjoyment of the drama or anything just that I am worried for the future eps. This kind of cultural shock dramas usually have a predictable plot and here, by the third ep itself they are falling for each other and the SL and ML are going to compete for the FML but after that what? I will be more than happy if they have enough material for next 7 or 8 eps.

About the ending I think they will find a balance between the city life and island life. Like she will not abandon the island completely and they may visit each other in between and all.

It is almost confirmed that Kang Soon will go to the mainland but I will not tolerate anybody ridiculing her for her accent or her clothes or anything. Yoo Baek suffered in the island because of his nasty personality but kang soon is soo precious, imagine her being attacked by knetz...:tears::angry::persevere:. Even that thought is too much for me. Top star shii uri kang soonierul chikyora. Kuk. (lines I have picked up while watching dramas. Pardon me for the grammar mistakes, if any.)

BTW is that leopard patterned, brown shirt his own? Is that his most favorite one? I have seen him wearing that in problematic men and in this drama too. I think Ha seok jin also wore something like that in 1% of something (his infamous suits)

9 hours ago, triplem said:

Hahaha I wish. It will be awesome to see her opposite Lee Sang Yeob :D another TOP STAR to take CAPTAIN JACK SPARROW’s heart :joy:

OMOOO the video from Kim Ji Suk’s ig is so cute. Sorry for everyone here with Second Lead Syndrome, but OTP better be end game! :wub:

And the preview video from ep 3. Swoooon. He is starting to care for her. 

One more sleep until next episode!

• Guest changed the title to [Current Drama 2018-2019] Top Star Yoo Baek 톱스타 유백이 - Fridays @ 23:00 KST
7 hours ago, RobinM said:

He almost certainly is and that  is where angst is going to happen. You know how vicious and cruel and unreasonable these Fans of Korean Idols  can be :(

I think there will be some angst but it won’t be long . The good thing about YB is that he’s not one that bothers to please his fans . It will be a good opportunity for him to stand up and protect her & show his sincerity.

@annie1234 Definitely zero SLS from me even though I have a soft spot for Sang Yeob

I rewatched this a few times . This one allows you to watch entire video without needing to pause. Do you think the last bit is confession time from her ? 

Loving jealous YB!

Archived