Quantcast
larus

[Drama 2018-2019] Top Star Yoo Baek 톱스타 유백이

1 hour ago, joonminfan said:

@blademan thank you so much for sharing this!!! It’s so beautiful!!! I can’t wait for Friday night but unfortunately I’m not able to access the live streaming site. :bawling:

@triplem you have GOT to see this!

Omg !!! I just saw it . I just melted and my heart might burst . I cannot wait now. Did you see how he went crazy & dived in without hesitation when he sensed she was in the water too long? ( I have to fangirl over how sexy he looked diving in with that white top . ) And the scene that followed of them just walking & Ed Sheeran‘s All the Stars playing in the background - Gosh it’s so romantic   :wub:

@USAFarmgirl @ktcjdramaI know you both probably have a full plate but if you can squeeze this in, only one episode a week . Think you might enjoy this sweet & warm drama. 

——-

tvn - they better be the end game . :D 

Edited by triplem
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

I also think that the pace of the drama is little fast like a drama special. This is not affecting my enjoyment of the drama or anything just that I am worried for the future eps. This kind of cultural shock dramas usually have a predictable plot and here, by the third ep itself they are falling for each other and the SL and ML are going to compete for the FML but after that what? I will be more than happy if they have enough material for next 7 or 8 eps.

About the ending I think they will find a balance between the city life and island life. Like she will not abandon the island completely and they may visit each other in between and all.

It is almost confirmed that Kang Soon will go to the mainland but I will not tolerate anybody ridiculing her for her accent or her clothes or anything. Yoo Baek suffered in the island because of his nasty personality but kang soon is soo precious, imagine her being attacked by knetz...:tears::angry::persevere:. Even that thought is too much for me. Top star shii uri kang soonierul chikyora. Kuk. (lines I have picked up while watching dramas. Pardon me for the grammar mistakes, if any.)

BTW is that leopard patterned, brown shirt his own? Is that his most favorite one? I have seen him wearing that in problematic men and in this drama too. I think Ha seok jin also wore something like that in 1% of something (his infamous suits)

• Like 5
  • LOL 2

9 hours ago, triplem said:

Haha , is this the next TOP Star  that will go to the island & be MD’s love line ? :joy:

Hahaha I wish. It will be awesome to see her opposite Lee Sang Yeob :D another TOP STAR to take CAPTAIN JACK SPARROW’s heart :joy:

OMOOO the video from Kim Ji Suk’s ig is so cute. Sorry for everyone here with Second Lead Syndrome, but OTP better be end game! :wub:

And the preview video from ep 3. Swoooon. He is starting to care for her. 

One more sleep until next episode!

• Like 1
  • LOL 6

He almost certainly is and that  is where angst is going to happen. You know how vicious and cruel and unreasonable these Fans of Korean Idols  can be :(

• Like 3
  • Sad 4

7 hours ago, RobinM said:

He almost certainly is and that  is where angst is going to happen. You know how vicious and cruel and unreasonable these Fans of Korean Idols  can be :(

I think there will be some angst but it won’t be long . The good thing about YB is that he’s not one that bothers to please his fans . It will be a good opportunity for him to stand up and protect her & show his sincerity.

@annie1234 Definitely zero SLS from me even though I have a soft spot for Sang Yeob

I rewatched this a few times . This one allows you to watch entire video without needing to pause. Do you think the last bit is confession time from her ? 

Loving jealous YB!

• Like 5

@triplem I’ve been trawling the internet for that video with subs but no luck yet. If I do find one with Chinese subs, I will help to do a translation!

I only caught one word from Kang Soon’s speech at the end: saram = person :lol: she could have been talking about anyone. Haha!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hello chingus!

So happy to see this thread so llively!

I had been anticipating this drama since I'm a big fan of KJS.  

I must admit that being this drama aired on Fridays only had me hanging dry.

I want more but sadly when there's more we often got fillers so I'm happy too with what we got.

@triplem chingu-deul aw so happy to see you livecapping this drama. Can't help much with livecaps as my net isn't friendly on Fridays when I'm back home.

RL is hard these days, rarely had time to visit the forum.  ONly YB had me running here to see the updates.

Just can't keep quiet anymore so I posted just to say hi to everyone and to thank you all for all the updates.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Live caps 

repeat scene of everyone welcoming Madol. YB scoffing and jealous 

anyway mD family takes him back to his house . 

YB goes back to KS hse . Sees a lot of smoke coming from kitchen . Aigoo so cute KS & granny makes scramble eggs , salad , Americano for breakfast! They cooked a whole mountain of it . yB is surprised . Ks & granny eat the salad with kimchi sauce . They are so sweet 

i think they talk about it MD . yB feels troubled.  Hmmm 

• Like 6

MD back In his room . He looks at old photo Flashback of he & KS when they were young. She can’t wait to be tall . I think she / he says marry her when she’s tall or something. They are close . He carry her the way he did at the port

Back to the present - MD gives presents to his parents. They are happy he’s back .  I think they want him to settle down . ( Sang Yeob’s satoori is good too . 

• Like 5

Ahh granny is cleaning some utensils. Then she says that KS forgot her tools to dig abalone. He says I’ll take it to her . Granny was surprised. To thank you for your scrambled eggs . @annie1234 he says so many times ! 

He goes to Ks . She was getting ready to dive . And he gave her the tools, realised she’s got some injury on her hand . He was concerned & held it ..then he held back .. they continue their usual cute bickering . She’s talking non / stop , he’s still trying to put up his TOP Star front :D 

regardless , he accompanied her to go dive for abAlones . They continue their cute bickering at sea . He softens often at her admonishing him all the time . He may disagree with her on the surface but her life views and the things she tells him off about are touching his heart

Edited by triplem
  • Like 5
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 2

mD visits the village folk 

ks goes back to change. YB waits outside . He hears her scream. He was going to open the door . But Ho Ho MD stops him . She’s ok . She came out . She & MD have a lot to talk . They are obviously very comfortable physically with each other , wrestle like brothers...wahhhh you need to see YB’s jealousy !!! Granny senses something 

yB goes off on his own to play his Remote control helicopter

back to Seoul - YB manager me checking YB car since the paparazzi incident . They were trying to find the SD car . Nam jo was there- he said the cake went missing . Manager trying to think why YB would hv a cake . Is it for a girl ? 

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

Back to island - KS putting cucumbers on MD face . Wind blowing her hair she’s looking all pretty . He stares at her ..feelings !!! He quickly gets up , she talks to him like a brother. Granny ask where’s TOP Star . Ks says she’ll look for him , md says he’ll go . KS says actually TOP Star is just like a child or something..

MD finds YB ...war of words . TOP Star of island vs TOP star of Seoul . Lmao! Both seem very competitive. MD even hit him ..saying some insect or something. YB was like what’s up with this dude 

MD dad gave a pretty dress to KS who was so happy . I think they are having welcoming party for MD later 

• Like 6

YB realise the boat captain that drop MD off is the same boat man. He was annoyed that  he didn’t realise it quickly . He goes off to look for MD . 

MD telling all his adventures to the village folk . They ask YB to sit down & keep quiet . The crowd ask mD to sing ..clapping & cheering him. He’s In silver jacket & performing . YB is like what the heck. Is this a fan meeting ?lol! 

Everyone starts dancing & even drag YB to do so. He saw ks & md dance ! Lol - he’s so jealous 

Edited by triplem
  • Like 6

Seoul - manager & Nam jo finds receipt for cake & tracks to cake shop - they confirm that YB came to buy it 

Island - now MD & YB sit face to face - war of words - ahhh MD challenge YB to arm wrestle.  YB says he’s never lost , I think that gave incentive to YB to agree . Chopsu ,YB says :D 

the arrn wrestling scene is too funny . Finally YB says KS name . Omo , MD lost concentration & YB won

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

YB tossing in bed . mD comes to look for ks.  The scene of him saying about her marrying him? Don’t joke ..he says I’m not ..then he breaks the silence ..and twists her ears ..joking??!

omo..the scene of KS on her roof TOP in purple & YB in red . The two continues their cute bickering. 

Omo ..he goes to her & puts his arm against the wall .. stares straight at her .heart beating fast ...he breaks the silence with chopsu! 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, triplem said:

YB tossing in bed . mD comes to look for ks.  The scene of him saying about her marrying him? Don’t joke ..he says I’m not ..then he breaks the silence ..and twists her ears ..joking??!

omo..the scene of KS on her roof TOP in purple & YB in red . The two continues their cute bickering. 

Omo ..he goes to her & puts his arm against the wall .. stares straight at her .heart beating fast ...he breaks the silence with chopsu! 

I wonder whose heart we were hearing.. :wub:

• Like 1
  • LOL 2