Quantcast
larus

[Drama 2018-2019] Top Star Yoo Baek 톱스타 유백이

As he’s walking he sees halmoni secretly exchanging something with speedy Gonzales ..KS came back tried to stop him from going to them.  He was suspicious..he ask her what’s all this ..halmoni was trying to get him ramyeon powder to make the food tastier for him.   He was so moved , says not to trouble . He’ll join them for dinner , they were surprised. He was so touched when KS put seafood on his plate , he ate well 

Then he goes to bathroom , he took his clothes to wash. Lol.,they use the same bath tub for everything- wash clothes , soak kimchi , bathe ! As he was washing his clothes , KS teased him about his leopard underwear..he tried to grab from her ..he slipped .,.she caught him ..role reversal ..lmao !!!  

Edited by triplem
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

He awakes the next morning after a good night’s sleep . He stares out the window as she hangs clothes , he’s falling for her . She looking pretty , comes by his window , smiles at him . :wub:...ship!!!

omo! Jack sparrow makes his return . He’s shaving off his Long hair . Announcement made over PA system. MD is back . She runs to shore to greet him ...wahhhh.,both so happy to see each other ..she jump hugs him ! MD oppa ! Kang soon - Ah !!! 

YB watches from afar 

-ends-

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Dang it why is this one episode a week -

in preview she & MD are obviously very close & he’s the TOP Star on this island with the village folks celebrating his return , YB very jealous ..but it seems like KS is opening up to him as well. The two men start becoming very competitive.

—arghh how to wait till next week??-

Edited by triplem
  • Like 4

I love the electric toothbrush scene. He thought she's referring to his muscles. Then she grab the toothbrush. And oh my gosh she used it. Is it indirect kissing too?:wub: yoobaek smiles a lot in this episodr because of kangsoon . Im loving it

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

1 minute ago, joonminfan said:

Thank u loads @triplem for the live recap! I'm glad I stayed up because this second episode sounds so good! I can't wait to see the interactions between our OTP. Poor YB. It seems like he didn't have a happy childhood. :bawling:

WeLcome . You’ll enjoy the episode. YB is really quite a lost soul. And he isn’t as arrogant as he was . He’s got some sad back story . He does not realise it yet but she’s got a calming effect on him. 

• Like 5

She is is happy pill, show him the joys of simple life and community and he will show her eventually that she can be herself but live in modern world as well. 

• Like 6

38 minutes ago, RobinM said:

She is is happy pill, show him the joys of simple life and community and he will show her eventually that she can be herself but live in modern world as well. 

True true . If you watch this preview , i think like what you said earlier , she’s comfortable with MD but I think YB will be the one to make her heart flutter .

Oh this scene was so good as well, she teased him about his leopard spot undies , he ended up slipping & she caught him k drama style :joy:

And earlier scene of him hiding in the goat shed 

:lol:

Edited by triplem
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, eunhyesominyoojung said:

Im team somin. I ship her to anyone who can make her heart flutters:wub:.  I love jealousy scenes. Wanna know how or when will out top star shi realize that she likes kangsoona. 

Me too. Before I used to ship her with some celebrities. Now I am just team somin because she is so sooooooo shippable with everybody.

I like how they are calling him Top star shiii

Same as last week the drama is trending on naver.

Edited by akiera
  • Like 1
  • LOL 2

@triplem thank you so much for the recap :) can’t wait to watch it with subtitle. Hopefully we won’t have to wait longer for the sub. I saw the clip of Kang Soon catching him from falling and I literally spilled my drink because of that. OMG why he is the one who got princess treatment here :lol: princess-style carry by Speedy ajussi and then catched from falling by Kang Soon :D Love to see him changed his attitude slowly. Maybe he felt touched by halmoni and Kang Soon because back in Seoul because he has no one to really care about him. I am curious about his backstory too.

Finally Ma Dol is coming back :lol::lol: jealous Top Star ssi is coming!

20 minutes ago, triplem said:

True true . If you watch this preview , i think like what you said earlier , she’s comfortable with MD but I think YB will be the one to make her heart flutter .

Why is she suddenly wanting to try makeup? Is that for Ma Dol or..? That purple eyeshadow :lol::lol: and arm wrestling competition between YB and MD. I bet that will end up in funny way. 

Why do we need to wait for a week again? I wish this drama was a daily drama. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 3

1 hour ago, eunhyesominyoojung said:

I love the electric toothbrush scene. He thought she's referring to his muscles. Then she grab the toothbrush. And oh my gosh she used it. Is it indirect kissing too?:wub: yoobaek smiles a lot in this episodr because of kangsoon . Im loving it

Aww that scene was so unexpectedly funny...but my god when she put the toothbrush in her mouth...OCD me was screaming for her to take it out from her mouth.  I guess it is an indirect kiss :D 

GmppyGi.pngSKg8ZU4.png

Managed to make some screen captures...

Like how open and warm the village folks are. They love to tease him , lol. There's a lot of progress for him as well ...

Spoiler

7dTwgQt.pngvx8GVwf.png

And oh this scene. after the dinner and she got him to come back to stay with her...they had that moment ... :D 

Spoiler

0N1dbAf.pngaTz2iP9.png

Spoiler

NKvuX05.png

I like that they got closer in this episode...he's really relaxed here...it's like he found some peace

Spoiler

Zw7Iyeb.pngIQyW3p0.png

Waking up the next morning and staring at her for a moment

Spoiler

2PxThEi.png

Though he made his own scramble eggs ( oh yes Top Star shi can cook ) , he joined them for brekkie

Spoiler

LzWAl2D.png

I really like this scene...this place is beautiful and this is what our top star needs . not those sleeping pills..5eMEe0N.png

@annie1234 This once a week thing is killing me. I wonder too who she's putting the make up for...but my hunch is not MD. I think she's suddenly becoming aware of some other guy apart from her long time oppa.  

@akiera JSM is a chemistry station.  She's also very natural in all her roles. Glad it's trending on naver.

• Like 11

I tried so hard not to watch it without subs. But I can't. I spoiled myself for a couple of minutes. Oh gosh... I love this show! The Jack Sparrow protecting his blackpearl is so fun :lol: it's quite dark to identify the face of this captain, but I recognize his voice. It's LSY right :lol:

Ah... waiting for subs and BRB later

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

This drama looks worth to watch... I agree, the one episode per week thing is going to be a torture....!! But I guess I should start watching soon so I can join and not miss out on the fun here in the thread :D wait for meeeeee.....

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

1 hour ago, ktcjdrama said:

This drama looks worth to watch... I agree, the one episode per week thing is going to be a torture....!! But I guess I should start watching soon so I can join and not miss out on the fun here in the thread :D wait for meeeeee.....

Pls join us !!! It’s really fun & good acting  . Chinese subs & Indonesian subs are fast . English subs are taking some time due to it being fan subbed . Not sure why the official sites are not picking it up 

Drama continues to do well

Spoiler

rewatching some scenes on IG , I realised how much I love these scenes 

I love the role reversals - he’s the one who gets carried Princess style & it’s his heart that is fluttering first :lol:

Edited by triplem
  • Like 7

I am addicted to him saying “scramble egg” :lol: 

35 minutes ago, triplem said:

Pls join us !!! It’s really fun & good acting  . Chinese subs & Indonesian subs are fast . English subs are taking some time due to it being fan subbed . Not sure why the official sites are not picking it up 

Drama continues to do well

love the role reversals - he’s the one who gets carried Princess style & it’s his heart that is fluttering first :lol:

This drama is a gem. 

I love the role reversals too. I love everything about this drama. I even love the goat and chicken there. :lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

1 hour ago, annie1234 said:

I am addicted to him saying “scramble egg” :lol: 

This drama is a gem. 

I love the role reversals too. I love everything about this drama. I even love the goat and chicken there. :lol:

Haha . Me too . Given KJS being educated in the UK , he’s got the  accent down to a pat . 

These scenes shows a lot of YB’s improvement in attitude -

He was actually very moved here when he discovered that halmoni took the trouble to look for ramyeon flavouring to put in the soup. She thought it would give him more appetite . He responded by saying he’ll eat with them , I think 

in the first episode he won’t even touch any drinks that are not sealed etc ( an indication of his lack of trust ) , but here he ate whatever she put on his bowl. Even asked for more helpings . I was so pleased to see him eat as if I’m the one cooking, lol! I’m glad we didn’t hv to wait like half way through the show before we got to see him change for the better .

Edited by triplem
  • Like 5

We only have 11 or 12 eps instead of the usual 16 eps format so I guess the plot will be more tighter instead of making the viewers to loose their hair. By ep 3rd itself ML and 2ndML are going to confront each other and the heroine may even realize her feelings so what lies ahead? From the BTS at least it seems like she will go back to the main land. For one thing, I don't want to leave the island, "Top star shi just settle down here, you will like that, won't you?" :huh: While it was fun to watch Top star shi getting trolled by the villagers, it will be painful to watch kang soon being the fish out of the water in the city. 

Just that all in all it seems to be going little fast and I don't want them to drag it drown by the end.

BTW are the eps longer than the normal 16 ep format?

• Like 6

Wait. Is this drama only 12 ep? I thought it will be 16 episodes. 

Is Kang Soon really following Yoo Baek to Seoul? I hope he will protect her there. Seoul will be a very new and strange experience for her. If she will follow him there, I wonder how Ma Dol character can be put into the story there. It’s unlikely for Ma Dol to go to Seoul as well. 

And @triplem OMG i didn’t know that Kim JiSuk studied in England. I just googled him and found out he was majoring in German for Foreign Study. No wonder his english is so so good. Scrambled egg, coffee, salad, and milk. Hahaha. The way he said those things are really not Korean-English way. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

@akiera @annie1234 This particular TvN slot is only 10episodes but 70 mins each . That’s why plot has to be tight & fast . I read k nets have been asking them to move slots & make it twice a week , lol! But personally, I’m okay with less episodes but good quality. Too many k dramas drag with a thin plot. 

Yes KJS did study abroad & if you watch his previous drama 20th century Boy & Girl ( he & female lead’s chemie was hot ! And you’ll fall in love with his character there ), he speaks a lot of English. He and Ha Seok Jin also did a travel show together & he was really fluent . 

• Like 7

16 hours ago, eunhyesominyoojung said:

Haha she didn't use his toothbrush. He changed the brush for her.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2