[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

When I watched Encounter ep.14, the sentence from ep.13 by KJH has poped up in my mind.

"I am one to forgive people at least once. We all make mistake at least once" 

Should I, as an audience, say this word to Writer Nim or Cha Soo Hyun???? :kiss_closed: :triumph: :phew:

Writer Nim has made CSH ask KJH to take a break from relationship once from the situation which CSH decided for KJH without asking him whether he is strong enough to bear obstacles.

This time if Writer Nim let CSH ask KJH to break up from obstacles in his family, regardless KJH's decision again, should audiences give another chance to Writer Nim?? Should KJH forgive CSH for her decision again or not? :ph34r::angry: 

Should a boyfriend bear this sad feeling from being asked to break up repeatedly? 

Impact in KJH's life from dating CSH is foreseeable but CSH's asking to break up from such obstacles in KJH's life is not bearable. 

I think breaking up might be less painful for KJH's character and to suit more to CSH's character for the end of Encounter drama.

It might be really fine to end with breaking up, rather than let me think that KJH's character might be miserable somewhere from being asked to break up much more times after Encounter ep.16 which I can not watch what happen to their lives then.

PBG-Last-Date.jpg

PBG-bookstore-date.jpg

PBG-stare.jpg

• Like 11
  • Sad 6

22 minutes ago, beebeep said:

Interesting POV! I would recommend to say "some people" instead of "people" since there are still a lot of other people who like the drama the way it was in the last 13 episodes...not sure if you've been reading this thread to understand them. JH and SH are tackling their issues one by one and growing in their characters so the progression of their relationship is very realistic and I like them. 

So true, I may not like the situation right now but it is quite realistic. I am very frustrated but this really happens in real life. Loving each other means they have to really work for it to stay together for keeps. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that SH might just be contemplating about breaking up with JH, and not decide to really break up with him. He's a keeper, even her dad approves of him. 

• Like 17

1 minute ago, jl08 said:

PD NIM of #BOYFRIEND is not going to destroy the most romantic drama of 2019 by giving us a sad end. That would be suicidal since over 100 countries have bought the screening rights and DVDs are being ordered. No sane PD will kill off their lead couple, especially when their chemistry is out of this world.

While I understand the need to have closures for some stuff, it should not be one episode taking up what JH's mum had asked SH to do- breakup. I wish the PD had resolved this in tonight's episode and not drag on. 

Where is the Cuba magic, PD NIM? That kept us going!

I really hope there's no heavy stuff for another episode. IT'll drive me crazy.

#PDBOYFRIENDWAKEUP

I agree 100%. Think that Cuba's magic will come in last episode... Their chemistry is off the charts!!!

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

CSH has come so far... she actually confided in JMJ and Mrs. Lee instead of keeping what happened with KJH's Umma to herself but then it seems like she took some steps back and is suffering on her own again. I get why she doesn't want to tell KJH and possibly ruin his relationship with his Umma but not being together will make both of them miserable, not just him. If they go through all this just to have them not be together in the end, I'm not sure what type of message this drama is trying to send.

To think I just wrote about Encounter on my blog and described it as a warm hug. (link in my sig)

Well today's episode felt like a total gut punch!

Seriously sad right now but not giving up hope and not going to try to speculate about what happens next.

• Like 18
  • Sad 5
  • LOL 1

I think they wont break up remember what they promised when they had a date in the open field about good memories?

Also when CSH went to Sokcho and they were talking in the restaurant CSH promised it wont happen again...then apologized for not thinking of the good memories and saw KJH as weak

I was stuck at page 311!!! Arghhhh

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

@jl08

chingu, we got our wish alright. CSH just all out cried and confessed in front of the tea lady. :tears: I wonder what the next episode will be.

I will drop this drama if the writer will decide that csh will “fake date” WS just to drive KJH away. Writer-nim PD-nim please DO NOT GO THAT ROUTE!

• Like 11
  • Sad 5

9 minutes ago, jl08 said:

While I understand the need to have closures for some stuff, it should not be one episode taking up what JH's mum had asked SH to do- breakup. I wish the PD had resolved this in tonight's episode and not drag on. 

Where is the Cuba magic, PD NIM? That kept us going!

I really hope there's no heavy stuff for another episode. IT'll drive me crazy.

#PDBOYFRIENDWAKEUP

THIS! Oh I thought it would be resolved tonight. I was really clutching my pearls. But nope, they just had to drag it on. I’m giving it until the first minutes of episode 15 tops. I feel like the pacing suffered a little today. 

So yeah. They’ll break up for the first few minutes of episode 15, then quick time jump to March where they will make-up just in time for White Day. Then they’ll reunite in that previously booked hotel room and work some Cuban Magic. Whoops! Did I just say the last part out loud? :sweatingbullets:

Absence makes the heart grow fonder, yo.

I just have to say, I really didn’t like this episode. It was too much for my little heart

@dukesa1122 if CSH goes back to WS in anyway, I would dub this the worst Kdrama of all time and subsequently drop it. I don’t care how good and sizzling our OTP are together. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 12

This is the problem with SH...she doesn't share her feelings with JH. If she's not comfortable telling JH that his mom met her behind his back, she should just inquire and get opinion from JH on what they should do if JH's mom is opposed to the relationship...

I mean he's a CEO of a famous hotel. She should have been able to think logically on what to do and how to strategize befitting a real 37 years old...

I would be upset if CSH is asking for a break-up again since it doesn't make sense logically due to the reasons that I have mentioned in my post above...

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

Shoutout to Secretary Jang and Jin Myung . 

Every time SH needs a shoulder to cry on Sec Jang is there and she cries along with her. She is protective about SH but she wants what is best for her and now she has come to realize that JH is up to the task of standing by SH. She never disliked JH but she was worried if the relationship would be too stressful for him and she didn’t want to see SH getting hurt in the process. She was a great friend today! 

Jin Myung was great because he was perceptive enough to not want to get his brother involved, that moment when he told JH not to have strange thoughts shows his understanding of his brother’s personality. JM wanted to protect his brother from knowledge of the fight because he knew it would add more strain on JH. 

• Like 19
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, beebeep said:

I mean he's a CEO of a famous hotel. She should have been able to think logically on what to do and how to strategize befitting a real 37 years old...

Smart people are almost always dumb when it comes to love. They think more and tend to sacrifice what they’re feeling for the better good of everyone. Just like in business. She’s 35 in the show not 37

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, ck1Oz said:

Why so stress? Difficulties are expected. A Kdrama never does well if its all happiness  and pleasant  people. It has been tried and failed. 

The drama's pacing is just right.  You get to experience the high and the lows. What's the rush? I like seeing a couple  fall in love.  We so often get a rushed  romance.  I like seeing  what KJH saw in CSH and vice versa. I like seeing her blossom. And  KJH step up  his game. 

Just because not all of us hang out and comment means  we are bored. I know the spoilers.  And purposely held off watching  ep 11 and 12. Lovely episodes. Even with the 2nd lead turning  nasty.

Also, why can KJh's mother worry about her perfect oldest son, the one who did no wrong.  You seriously  expect the mother to be cool with a richer, older divorced woman who is also from a famous family? Who has saints like that? I would have  issues with someone  like CSH. But I know we can't say anything  these days about our children's  choices,. Doesn't  mean  one is close minded or not nice. Its only  been a few episodes. Why can't she warm up slowly?

Besides,  the writer obviously  has a plan.  The storyline  is flowing. Don't you  all trust the writer?

Perfectly said.  Thank you!

Folks, this is WHY we watch drama:  Catharsis.  We enjoy the roller coaster ride.  We feel better after we've been upset by the drama.

Me, as I said before, I wait to watch the last few episodes of a highly emotional drama.  So I'm not watching now until the final airs.  And given the general angst on this thread, I may take a break here, too.

Thanks to everyone who recapped and posted pictures and clips!

• Like 11
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

When SH cried i've cried with her in ep 13. I'll watch ep 14 maybe on sunday 'cause i dislike the mothers in this drama! The only decent mother figure in this show is the tea Lady! Hope she will talk to JH about the mess...

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, NongpeeP said:

Should KJH forgive CSH for her decision again or not? :ph34r::angry: 

Should a boyfriend bear this sad feeling to asking to break up repeatedly? 

Impact in KJH's life from dating CSH is foreseeable but CSH's asking to break up from such obstacles in KJH's life from daring CSH is not bearable. 

LOL....You kidding me right? What is there to forgive CSH? 

We all know that it is KJH's MUM who begged her to break up. HOw is this SH's fault, my dear?

Should a boyfriend have a mother who is so selfish you mean....haha...nothing to do with CSH. She loves KJH so much. It's not like she wants to break up. Consider her predicament, not just KJH's.

There is no question of a boyfriend bearing a sad feeling of being asked to break up if HIS MOTHER DID NOT INTERFERE. Right? 

The crux is she doesn't want to break up but she could see her boyfriend's family deeply affected. That is reality. What else can she do if she doesn't want to cause conflict between mother and son?

-

CSH is going through a heart-wrenching time ....let's not blame her. Her plate is full....lol.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 6

I never feel so desperate to have a happy ending for a drama..this story to good to have a sad ending or open ending..I have write before that if its necessary to have a sad ending,I will TRY to accepted it,but after the story goes on,I'm taking back what I'm saying.. its need a HAPPY ENDING! I know in real life there is no such happy event everywhere,but its drama,u are the one that control it writer-nim..

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

@dukesa1122 and @stardustvoid she won’t get back with WS. By the end of their conversation, WS is talking to her but it’s like he has finally realized that his motive might have been good but it didn’t have the desired effect on SH since she suffered while being married and post divorce because of his actions. That’s why he breaks down and tells her that his intention was always to keep her happy. I think this is his eureka moment.. he finally gets it. It’s never happening.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 7

1 hour ago, gumtaek said:

Ok, this was the comic relief in this episode of tears...Kim Jin Hyuk shi what are you doing?

That's the REAL OTP on this drama. Very Intimate! A lip-biting scene!

soStaJw.gif

- BROMANCE -

Spoiler

xGR26oX.gif

ff5DQow.gif

Lemmeee kiss and bite you, Babe!

Spoiler

KwetM68.gif

g1pZPGh.gif

• Like 5
  • LOL 19