[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

8 hours ago, jl08 said:

Thanks for sharing this interesting survey and outcome.

It'll be noted that noona actresses will be anticipating to costar with PBG and dongsaeng actors will be anticipating to costar with SHK. :D

It's the impactful influence of a beautiful drama called "Boyfriend". I believe many of us are still captivated by the lead's chemistry and performance and their beautiful romance. Their profound aura and expressive emotions are not something that is easily forgotten. Rather, it stays in the heart and mind, wherever the leads are and however they're leading their own lives. "Boyfriend" is a drama that binds us together for the love of KJH and CSH and I hope that such a beautiful couple exists because they choose to fight for their love.

Will they collaborate again one day? 

How can one forget Boyfriend? 

It will permanently stays in my heart and in my mind.

And i will remain obedient to  what  SHK  said... please remember JH and SH forever:heart:

I hope, i wish, i dream, i pray  that they collaborate one day. Its a big dream, but if we are going to dream, might as well make it big.

3 hours ago, bohmi said:

Sharing this article since they mentioned 'Encounter' and 'Cuba.'

JYP Vice President Pyo Jong-rok and writer Chun Sung-il (Chuno, Your Honor) travel to Cuba. They make travel essay book with title '남자, 친구 We Were There Then : Memories of Cuba.'

Reporter also wrote, the latest tvN drama Encounter has brought up romance between male and female protagonists against the full backdrops of Cuba's exotic scenery.

Source YNA

----------------------------------

knetz said that he/she has never listened Eric Nam's song but he/she heard 'The Night' (Encounter OST) and ended up attending his concert.

Reveal hidden contents

ㅇㅇ |2019.02.19 13:05 신고하기
There's that song sung by Eric Nam for Boyfriend called "This Night".. I've never listened to Eric Nam's songs but I heard This Night and his voice color was so nice.. So I wasn't expecting anything and ended up attending his concert..

Source : pannchoa

Hope we will hear the good news about the DVD :)

"We were there then: memories of cuba" , the best people who can say this and write an essay  about this are JH and SH.

Since i don't like to watch other dramas, i have to stick on rewatching.

And let me rant on this...

There are many scenes of JH and HI together, which i believe can be reduced and still the same effect.

There are many scenes of Sec. Jang and LDC together, but at the end their relationship  is still on uncertainty. Their dates could be lessened. 

And in the end it reduces the screentime for JH and SH:wacko:

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks! :)
  • Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

3 hours ago, roshzanna said:

And in the end it reduces the screentime for JH and SH

I agree with you completely on this. It may sound like a broken record but I don't care. We could have more Jinsoo moments.

Spoiler

Why does the PD need to wait till ep 16 finale to let JH find out about HI's feelings for him?

Why does the PD lead us to believe that Sec Jang and DC are possibly a couple at the end? It's an unnecessary twist!

Why does the PD have to make ep 14 and 15 so draggy on the court case, MILs, breakup and breakdown? So much so th

at I feel repugnant towards these 2 eps and it's wasted screen time. Yup, perhaps the PD wanted to showcase SHK's and PBG's 'rich' emotions but he should not devote so many eps towards the end just to break their hearts and our hearts, not when we were looking forward to more Jinsoo sweet moments!

I appreciate that the PD gifted us with Kyo and PBG and it's a superb love story with enhanced cinematography that leaves us staring in wonder at the amazing colors and settings. I do not appreciate that he deemed it necessary to show us so much sadness with our OTP. I still can't bring myself to rewatch ep 13 end and ep 15. Those episodes could be used to nurture the OTP and more kisses definitely.

There's a missing link between the end of ep 10 balcony kiss and the sleepy KJH the next morning. Something is not quick right and it doesn't gel smoothly because something must have happened that night to make him sleepy right? It's common sense. I salute PBG and SHK for sticking their guts out to make this drama so dream-like and romantic, despite the baseless 'noise' surrounding them. I respect them for giving us the beautiful kiss at the playground in the finale. I'm glad that we fans were treated to one more intense kiss but it could have been more if everyone is mature out there...shouting to those who blurred the line and think they could interfere in scriptwriting and directing.

I'm disappointed that there are not joint pictorials nor interviews about the drama. It would have made Boyfriend an enhanced experience, looking at their divine visuals together. Who would have thought that PBG and SHK could have such magical SCREEN chemistry? It's out of my wildest imagination.

Serendipity has brought PBG and SHK together for this beautiful love drama and through their chanced Encounter, we are gifted with their wonderful chemistry and their phenomenal performance. Rather than anything else, they should, in turn, be blessed with accolades and love.

• Like 7
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 1

large_77ebb179a716fa1ead7d26fe1129d3b6dffc433c.jpeg

5 Drama Couples with 12 Years Age Gaps That Prove Age Difference is Nothing 

It's an era of couples with big age gaps.

If you follow recent K-dramas, you will realize there is one common thing you can find from the couple. Yes, their big age gap. Believe it or not, these 5 drama couples are 12 years apart in real life. 12 years is definitely not a small gap but thanks to their chemistry, they look just perfect together. You don't need any further explanation, guys, check out who they are below!

1. Park Bogum (born in 1993) and Song Hyekyo (born in 1981) in tvN's 'Encounter'

image%2F1550720978619-1550720978619.png

Image Source: tvN , So, which one is your favorite couple, ladies and gentlemen?....source credit @https://kstarlive.com/article/2019/02/21/5-drama-couples-with-12-years-age-gaps-that-prove-age-difference-is-nothing-184916

• Like 9
  • Love 1

HOW TO GET SONG HYE KYO’S #GIRLBOSS BEAUTY LOOK IN “ENCOUNTER”

We turned to the hit K-drama series for potential new makeup and hair trends to try this year

22 FEB 2019 BY LETTY SEAH  

song_rec.jpg

Photo: tvN

We are all used to seeing Korean actress Song Hye Kyo in her long locks in “Descendants of the Sun” (DOTS) , but in her most recent series, "Encounter," she appears on it with a refreshing, short bob, which we think is a way you can refresh your look this year (or if you are looking for other inspirations, we have more here).

In "Encounter," Song Hye Kyo plays an accomplished hotel chief executive, Cha Soo-Hyun who meets and falls head over heels in love with a younger and free-spirited man, who is portrayed by Park Bogum. This drama marks Song Hye Kyo’s return to the small screen since hermarriage to DOTS co-star and dreamboat Song Joong Ki in 2017.

While wanderlust, chance and romance are conventional themes portrayed in K-dramas, “Encounter” excels particularly in making the ordinary extraordinary. This holds true even for the hair and makeup in the show. Read on to get inspiration from the show to update your beauty look.

Chin length bob with bangs

song_3.jpg

A sleek, blunt chin length bob can easily feel stiff, but Cha Soo-Hyun keeps the movement intact with wispy bangs that skim her eyebrows.

Smooth skin 

poreless.jpg

Here’s the good and bad news – you can’t make your pores disappear, but you can certainly make them look less noticeable with a good primer.

Primers not only make your skin more refined and smoother, they also help your foundation adhere better to your skin.

For large pores, it’s best to use primers that are formulated with silicone such as the POREfessional Face Primer from Benefit Cosmetics as these have a thicker consistency that work better to smoothen out pores, wrinkles, icepick scars and fine lines.

Korean-style soft eyeliner

Spoiler

f1318682400006940000.png

If you don’t have time to draw in your standard winged liner, this time-savingeyeliner look seen on Soo-Hyun is perfect for you...There’s not much in the way of equipment, either. The only makeup item you’ll need on hand is a creamy pencil liner.

Restraint is of the essence here. Follow your eye’s curvature and get as close to the lash line as possible with your eyeliner.

You want to rim the entire upper lash line and the outer third of your lower lash line.

Instead of creating a flick, stop lining at the farthest end of your natural lash line.

When you get to the tail end of your line, work backwards to the inner eye to thicken the line, gently sweeping your pencil nub in a windscreen wiping motion.

Glossy lips

Spoiler

glossy_lips_0.jpg

Photo: SBS

Didn’t we tell you that glossy lips was making a comeback? It was seen on stars like Lady Gaga at the Grammys and now on Song Hye Kye. 

Even if you don’t have a lot of makeup on, a slightly glossy lip just elevates your look and enhances the shape and size of your lips without looking overly done.

As a rule of thumb, choose a shade that enhances your natural lips, instead of washing them out. In the drama, Song Hye Kyo is often seen sporting a vibrant pink colour.

Natural brows

Spoiler

song_2_0.jpg

For that natural look, stick to a brow colour that’s a perfect match to the hair on your head.

If you need to fill in any sparse areas or clean up the shape, use an eyebrowpencil....source credit@https://www.herworld.com/beauty/tips/song-hye-kyo-encounter-new-drama-park-bogum

Edited by Jillia
Please put more than 3 pics/IGs in spoiler tags, thanks!
  • Like 5
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Cheryl295 said:

Since it's weekend already, will join again the DVD request. Hopefully they will listen to us.

Can anyone please translate this? SHK talked about Encounter and working with PBG in Elle.

Based on a chinese translation in weibo, SHK said:

At the time (on set) it was virtually KJH and CSH in dialogue and spending time together. Firstly, it’s like everyone says, [he’s] really a straightforward and positive person. Agewise, [he] really seizes the moment. At the start of the drama, didn’t he really begin as a ‘green grape’ type of innocent youth? And he developed into someone who wanted to care for a woman, in the process transforming into a mature man. It was a happy experience to witness that on set. He’s an actor whose future projects one would be anticipating and curious about.

^ Apologies as this is 3rd hand.  I’m sure someone will translate directly into English from the Korean text sooner or later.

• Like 6
  • Love 5
  • Thanks 3

Hi friends, 

List of international drama fans who want to appeal for Encounter D-cut DVD/ Blu-ray 

Our Korean enc drama fan comrades are working hard to reach out to the production company by calling, faxing and emailing the various companies involved these last few days to appeal for the production of the dcut of Encounter. 

DzvpLxJVYAEm3i2?format=png&name=900x900

Thepixies and I will try to collate a list of international drama fans who would like to help them in their cause. We will send the name list to the Korean side and hopefully that will give their fight for the dvd more weight and significance. We are in the midst of liasing with the Korean fans about our intention. 

Please pm me or thepixies with your soompi handle / name and your country if you are keen for your name to be on the list . 

( adding your country is optional if you are uncomfortable .. but it would help to show the production company how widespread the love and influence Encounter has all over the world ) and it may translate into $$$ in their eyes .. and hopefully change their minds.. lol 

We will likely post the name list ( minus the

countries ) on the thread when it's completed, unless there are major objections. 

Please also ask your other friends who love encounter to join.. better if you can help collate a list and send it to us. 

We would like to  do what we can to help our Korean comrades so that the DVD will become a reality !! Please help to spread the message on social media/ other forums as well and send us your names or a  list of your friends'names ( doesn't need to be from soompi )

Thanks for reading 

• Like 5
  • Love 6
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, thepixies said:

Based on a chinese translation in weibo, SHK said:

At the time (on set) it was virtually KJH and CSH in dialogue and spending time together. Firstly, it’s like everyone says, [he’s] really a straightforward and positive person. Agewise, [he] really seizes the moment. At the start of the drama, didn’t he really begin as a ‘green grape’ type of innocent youth? And he developed into someone who wanted to care for a woman, in the process transforming into a mature man. It was a happy experience to witness that on set. He’s an actor whose future projects one would be anticipating and curious about.

^ Apologies as this is 3rd hand.  I’m sure someone will translate directly into English from the Korean text sooner or later.

@thepixies

I found this translation by SHK's fans.

From Elle Magazine in March 2019. Song Hye Kyo interviewed about how she worked with Park Bo Gum.

"As an actor, he is someone whose future projects would be worth anticipating. 

We spent time together on set as Kim Jin Hyuk and Cha Soo Hyeon. First of all, he is like what everyone says, a polite and positive person. He already has control of his life for his age.

At the start of the drama, Kim Jin Hyuk has innocence of youth like a green grape but has matured to protect the woman he cared about. It was a great experience to personally witness him acting that on set" 

• Like 10
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, applegirl2 said:

Please also ask your other friends who love encounter to join.. better if you can help collate a list and send it to us. 

@applegirl2 @thepixies

Thank you so much, chingus, for helping with the DVD request. I'm pretty sure all the international fans truly appreciate such a huge co-ordinated effort to fulfill our yearning for the Boyfriend DVD.

I'll PM you to add on to the list but I'm wondering, to make things easier, would it be alright to assume that everyone here in soompi who loves the drama would like to be included in the list to be submitted to Studio Dragon and the relevant production affiliations?

If so, we could add all the usernames here and the production company can verify by coming to this website. These are valid usernames afterall. I don't think many visit this drama website now that it's over so they might not know but it would be safe to assume that they like the drama and don't mind the DVD. 

If that's not going to work, then it's fine. We'll all PM you to add our names and countries.

Thanks again, for your time and effort, chingus!!

I'm glad that both PBG and SHK gave each other compliments on their performances in Boyfriend. It's like sunshine after the rain. They've both risen above the 'noise' and I hope they'll live their lives the way they want, and not behave according to others' whims and fancies. Like SHK said her mum advised her - go with the flow, don't fight it. The 'noise' shall fade to obscurity.

• Like 3
  • Love 4
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, jl08 said:

@applegirl2 @thepixies

Thank you so much, chingus, for helping with the DVD request. I'm pretty sure all the international fans truly appreciate such a huge co-ordinated effort to fulfill our yearning for the Boyfriend DVD.

I'll PM you to add on to the list but I'm wondering, to make things easier, would it be alright to assume that everyone here in soompi who loves the drama would like to be included in the list to be submitted to Studio Dragon and the relevant production affiliations?

If so, we could add all the usernames here and the production company can verify by coming to this website. These are valid usernames afterall. I don't think many visit this drama website now that it's over so they might not know but it would be safe to assume that they like the drama and don't mind the DVD. 

If that's not going to work, then it's fine. We'll all PM you to add our names and countries.

Thanks again, for your time and effort, chingus!!

I'm glad that both PBG and SHK gave each other compliments on their performances in Boyfriend. It's like sunshine after the rain. They've both risen above the 'noise' and I hope they'll live their lives the way they want, and not behave according to others' whims and fancies. Like SHK said her mum advised her - go with the flow, don't fight it. The 'noise' shall fade to obscurity.

Count me in... 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

10 K-Dramas With The “Rich/Poor” Trope That Are Actually Good

10 K-Dramas With The “Rich/Poor” Trope That Are Actually Good

Jan 16, 2019

Ah, the epic “rich/poor” trope in K-drama land is just one part of the formula for an entertaining and dramatic series. It’s a trope that is pretty predictable, yet we can’t help but get sucked into it. There are obviously times when dramas fail to impress and we’re left with just a cliche K-drama that lacks depth, but I’m here to reveal some K-dramas that have this popular trope and are actually pretty good. Here’s a look at 10:.

Encounter

“Encounter” stars Song Hye Kyo and Park Bo Gum as Cha Soo Hyun and Kim Jin Hyeok, respectively. The two meet in Cuba and start to develop strong feelings for each other, but when they discover that Jin Hyeok works for Soo Hyun in Seoul, it makes for an awkward relationship. With the pressures of social class and media, Soo Hyun and Jin Hyeok are forced to face various obstacles in their relationship and their feelings for each other are put to the test.

One of the main reasons why I like this series is because the rich main lead is actually not male. While K-drama tropes tend to favor the male being the rich one and the female being the poor one who takes on odd jobs, this specific drama deals with the female lead being wealthy.

Aside from this fact, the cinematography and simplicity of the series is beautiful and you will find yourself taken aback by certain lines and moments from the characters. Plus, you’ve got Hallyu stars Song Hye Kyo and Park Bo Gum – you can’t go wrong!7 Hey Soompiers, what is your favorite rich/poor trope K-drama?....source credit@https://www.soompi.com/article/1287063wpp/10-k-dramas-richpoor-trope-actually-good

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Cheryl295 said:

My suggestion will be to have in charge for listing of fans names who are requesting for DVD not only here in Soompi but also in instagram, twitter and facebook

Great idea, @Cheryl295 ! 

Please could everyone (who wants the dvd) post this appeal on your sns accounts, or ask your friends on those platforms.

tumblr_pjp13lTz0v1xkntwio3_r1_540.gif

• Like 3
  • Love 3