[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

Just to add to @thepixies post. Korean fans of the drama have decided to take coordinated action for the next few days, till the 24th of this month to be exact.

They want to inundate SD with phone calls, emails and sns posts. The korean fans have set up specific time slots in a day for the phone calls etc, so that the volume of calls and other communication will be more effective. It might be difficult for international fans to participate in the specific time slots because of time difference etc but please do share on SNS and email SD.

As per their own post the Korean BF fans have decided to be proactive like Kim JinHyuk and want to bombard SD with their demands.

Everyone please participate!

• Like 6
  • Love 8
  • Thanks 2

I think most fans were complacent in the survey made because most of us believe DVD is a sure thing considering that it's PBG and SHK as the lead stars and it has high ratings. 

The negative response of SD should be a wake up call to all fans to let our voices be heard. Let the production feel the intense fans support. B)

• Like 5
  • Love 2

how about making a petition from international fans ?

sorry that was wrong, I was too carried away after I saw the korean fans' efforts, but then I also realize that releasing the dvd is the studio's decisions so a petition would be too much of pressured, since it's not their duty for releasing one.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, rainy12 said:

how about making a petition from international fans

Rather than a petition which sounds kinda strong, I'd say an APPEAL by IFANs would be better. This would not put the SD people on the defensive right away, as they would once they see the word "Petition".....imo.

Perhaps those good at IT can do an online Appeal for Ifans to sign or a box to tick yes to collectively submit our appeal....

• Like 6
  • Love 3

Thought this might be interesting

https://m.news.naver.com/read.nhn?mode=LSD&mid=sec&sid1=101&oid=417&aid=0000382587

Article states the results of a survey done by a marital matchmaking agency. They interviewed 356 subjects ( 176 men and 180 women).

8 out of the 10 people interviewed dreamed of dating a younger man and older woman. 81% of the men said they wanted to experience such a relationship and 85% of the women also wanted to date younger men.

Men want to date older woman for reasons such as different than dating someone their own age, older women are more understanding/caring and more economic independence.

Women want to date younger women because of older woman-younger woman couples in media( drama/real) , different charms of a younger man than dating someone their own age, better looking than the men their age. 

But 72.8% of the subjects also admitted to problems surrounding such a relationship, reasons given were difference in maturity, income status and social status (36.8%, 10.1% and 18.6%). Further they stated objection by society and prejudice (5.1% and 2.5%). 

Out of which the men had most issues with the difference in social status, maturity levels and income. Women overwhelmingly worried about maturity level and social pressure. 

As a part of this survey these candidates were asked to vote for an ideal male and female celebrity, amongst the men PBG ranked first place with 22.8% of the total vote and SHK ranked second amongst the women with 17% of the total vote, narrowly beaten by a lead of 1.8% but she is the only person in the poll who is married, this includes the male celebrities. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 2

@stardustvoid

as what shk said last night, nothing stays the same forever. Lets keep up the hype to those who are still hooked :wub:

@ahdrianaa

Funny article but so true :lol:

On 2/9/2019 at 5:32 PM, bebebisous33 said:

To sum up, the drama Encounter and Alice in Wonderland have a lot of points in common:

-          The journey of a heroine

-          The importance of time and childhood

-          Loss of identity and search for identity

-          The visible growth of the main character 

-          Confusion between dream and reality

-          Some characters are quite similar

At the end of her journey, CSH found her true identity and personality. 

I finally had the time reading your posts. Sorry if it took a very long time to respond to this. I knew I had to take my time to read it since it’s one of your analyses that I was hovering on so much. I have never read the book, although, I watched the cartoon version when I was young. The caterpillar and the cat still haunts me. I never realized or remembered that the queen of hearts is actually leaning on the bad side. Thanks to you, I understood this story more. I loved how you described CSH as someone who is revisiting her childhood since she never had one. I pity her and my heart goes out to her. KJH was a real blessing to CSH’s life. He made her happy. It is a very simple statement/sentence but it dwscribes so much. Thank you for posting this. I apologise to have read it so late. I knew had to sit down and actually understand this post. Next will be the hands and feet. Again, thank you for this :wub:

• Like 4
  • Love 4

9 hours ago, ahdrianaa said:

PBG ranked first place with 22.8% of the total vote and SHK ranked second amongst the women

Thanks for sharing this interesting survey and outcome.

It'll be noted that noona actresses will be anticipating to costar with PBG and dongsaeng actors will be anticipating to costar with SHK. :D

It's the impactful influence of a beautiful drama called "Boyfriend". I believe many of us are still captivated by the lead's chemistry and performance and their beautiful romance. Their profound aura and expressive emotions are not something that is easily forgotten. Rather, it stays in the heart and mind, wherever the leads are and however they're leading their own lives. "Boyfriend" is a drama that binds us together for the love of KJH and CSH and I hope that such a beautiful couple exists because they choose to fight for their love.

Will they collaborate again one day? 

• Like 4
  • Love 6

Sharing this article since they mentioned 'Encounter' and 'Cuba.'

AKR20190218107700005_01_i_P2.jpg

JYP Vice President Pyo Jong-rok and writer Chun Sung-il (Chuno, Your Honor) travel to Cuba. They make travel essay book with title '남자, 친구 We Were There Then : Memories of Cuba.'

Reporter also wrote, the latest tvN drama Encounter has brought up romance between male and female protagonists against the full backdrops of Cuba's exotic scenery.

Source YNA

----------------------------------

knetz said that he/she has never listened Eric Nam's song but he/she heard 'The Night' (Encounter OST) and ended up attending his concert.

Spoiler

ㅇㅇ |2019.02.19 13:05 신고하기
There's that song sung by Eric Nam for Boyfriend called "This Night".. I've never listened to Eric Nam's songs but I heard This Night and his voice color was so nice.. So I wasn't expecting anything and ended up attending his concert..

Source : pann-choa

Hope we will hear the good news about the DVD :)

• Like 5
  • Love 4
  • Thanks 1