[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

SBS Star

Block B P.O Reveals How Caring Park Bo Gum Was When They Filmed Drama Together

Published Mon Feb 25 16:10:00 KST 2019 
Updated Mon Feb 25 16:10:00 KST 2019Block B P.O Reveals How Caring Park Bo Gum Was When They Filmed Drama Together

K-pop boy group Block B's member P.O brought up his ongoing friendship with actor Park Bo Gum.

On February 22 episode of KBS' television show 'Entertainment Weekly', P.O was invited for an interview.

During the interview, the reporter mentioned how great the chemistry was between him and Park Bo Gum in the recently-ended drama 'Encounter'.

Park Bo Gum, P.O

As soon as he heard Park Bo Gum's name, P.O smiled and commented, "Bo Gum and I are the same age, but he has been acting for much longer than I have."

P.O added, "Bo Gum tried to make me feel comfortable throughout shooting. He was always so nice to me."

Park Bo Gum, P.O

P.O said he still keeps in touch with Park Bo Gum even though the drama has come to an end, and the two stars are currently planning on going on a trip together.

Then, the reporter asked, "Where would you like to go with him?", and P.O answered, "I like traveling around Korea. Gyeongju might be nice. I want to just look around museums, go to a spa, and ride a scooter with him."

P.O excitedly continued, "Oh, Bo Gum said he would come to see my play 'Boy Goes to Heaven' soon as well!"

Spoiler

P.O

In 'Encounter', P.O and Park Bo Gum acted as brothers, and successfully depicted a relatable relationship of real-life brothers.

(Lee Narin, Credit= KBS Entertainment Weekly, tvN Encounter, 'pyojihoon_official' Instagram)

(SBS Star)....source credit @https://news.sbs.co.kr/amp/news.amp?news_id=N1005151491&cmd=amp&news_id=N1005151491&__twitter_impression=true

Edited by Jillia
Please put more than 3 pics/IGs in spoiler tags, thanks!
  • Like 7
  • Love 1

Chingus and sunbaenims,

Just a quick update on the current dvd campaign.  @applegirl2 and I are now in touch with one of the Korean organisers, who said they frequently contact Studio Dragon, and they appreciate international fans backing them.

We are very thankful to a couple of folks on Insta who are gathering names for us. Giving love especially to @gakE_90 ! Do visit the @sandra_alam IG account if you haven’t already.

Besides IG, Apple managed to get the appeal out on weibo too, so c-fans are putting their names down.

If you have not put your name (just your nick or handle will do) down on any of the appeals, we encourage you to do so to support the Encounter production team.  It is not an obligation to purchase the dvd. Lol

If you have a Twitter presence, please consider tweeting your followers if they would be willing to support the dvd petition. 

Many many thanks! Gamsahamnida! 

D0ZiM92UcAE48xv?format=png&name=900x900

D0ZiNsFUcAEB_oa?format=png&name=900x900

D0ZiOLDUwAA5nFZ?format=png&name=900x900

Credit for the 3 pictures: @en_junio on Twitter 

p/s.  Just looking at these juxtapositions show the care that PD Park took over the plot and mise-en-scene.  

• Like 6
  • Love 4
  • Thanks 1

"Unmarriedmen and women who have not married yet want 'this person' as their 'partner'
Seo Tae-jin, reporter 

Input 2019-02-26 17:40:24 · Revision 2019-02-26 16:15:36
6jp53068h417c19700e8.jpgtvN 'boyfriend'

[Insight] Seo Tae Jin reporter = 356 singles and singles who want to make a lover actress Park Bo Sook and Jo Boa are the most popular. 

On the 25th, the duo of the marriage information company announced the results of a survey on 'love affairs of young and old and young women' for 356 unmarried men and women.

In the survey, which included 176 men and 180 women, 8 out of 10 respondents had dreamed of a relationship with a young man or a young woman.

The specific ratio was 85.0% for women and 81.8% for men.

w7lmcrg7521hxv400f2y.jpg 

If so, what do the respondents dream of dating with their opponents?

The female and female respondents who want to be selected as lovers are the youngest female entertainers. The response rate was 22.8%.

Followed by Gang Daniel and Song Min Ho with 16.7 percent and 15.6 percent respectively.

Male respondents ranked Joe Boa the most as an entertainer and entertainer. Accounting for 18.8% of the total responses. 

Followed by Song Hye Kyo and Hong Jin Young with 17.0% and 15.3%, respectively.

However, 72.8% of the respondents thought that there was a stumbling block in their relationship with the young and the young.

The biggest obstacle they had was 'the difference in mental age'.

Also, "difference in social position" and "difference in economic level" are also obstacles.

Meanwhile, an official of the duo of the marriage information company said, "It is remarkable that the unmarried men and women think that there are obstacles while hoping for love with their younger siblings." "If you think about my relationship, do not be afraid and honestly love me. taejin@insight.co.kr....source credit @https://m.insight.co.kr/amp/news/213100?__twitter_impression=true

• Like 3

3 hours ago, thepixies said:

We are very thankful to a couple of folks on Insta who are gathering names for us.

And we are very thankful to you, @thepixies and @applegirl2 for your beautiful effort in spearheading this drive to obtain signatories to jolt Studio Dragon into overdue action of producing the much-anticipated DVDs for "Boyfriend"/"Encounter". It's a huge effort and I'm sure all of us here truly appreciate the work done by both of you, chingus, and the others who are helping in one way or another. Let's keep our fingers crossed that we'll see success with the DVDs. 

I love the drama and its two beautiful leads, Park Bo Gum and Song Hye Kyo. Their superb performance and chemistry put "Boyfriend" on the international chart and sold to more than 100 countries. I hope Studio Dragon take this important fact into consideration. It's not just the Korean audience that matters. The international fans love "Boyfriend" to boot and want to see more of PBG and SHK collaboration. The tight filming schedule must have seen lots of Cuban sweet moments being cut. Perhaps they can treat all with maturity - that we can differentiate what's reality and what's acting and simply give these 2 top actors our support. It's all we can give for their hard work and commitment.

Of all the 3 beautiful pictures and its meaningful juxtapositions, I just love this pic the most:

D0ZiOLDUwAA5nFZ?format=png&name=900x900

Somehow, I just love to see the back view of people because they're at ease and most natural, not knowing nor caring if anyone is looking at them. These 2 beautiful people started out as strangers who met in a foreign place and were attracted to each other, and ultimately became passionate lovers who fought for their love and made sacrifices to stay with each other. Its cliche love story is the selling point of "Boyfriend" as it's a slow-burn yet passionate love journey for KJH and CSH.

From strangers to lovers. From Steamy Cuba to Cold Korea . From almost giving up to solidifying their love. From doubts to certainty. Everything about "Boyfriend" is extremely beautiful and sweet, minus the heartbreak in between.

2 strangers walking barefooted in the night streets of Cuba, giddy with excitement in each other's company.

2 lovers strolling in the quiet woods, hand-in-hand, heads close to each other and whispering sweet nothings, lost in their own world.

The tall, bare and neat trees are caressed by the soft conversation between the two gentle lovers....

KJH : How can you look so beautiful while taking pictures?

You look really pretty right now. Beautiful.

You look beautiful no matter how I take you.

His eyes devoured her face, non-stop clicking away. CSH is completely basking in his love.

KJH : What you experienced in the past is not important to me.

That is because Cha Soo Hyun is the one person I love.

I just want to be with you every day.

That's what I wish for every day.

How not be be touched by his sincerity? It's such a beautiful assurance of his love.

I envy CSH. She's so lucky and blessed to be loved by such a wonderful guy who is head over heels in love with her and would do anything to make her happy. A guy who fought to keep his woman. Nothing else matters to her .... except him.

I really love this drama. I wish there were more BTS of KJH and CSH. I miss them loads.

May we see their collaboration again ...one day soon.

• Like 1
  • Love 11

lately many actress when being asked what kind of role they wanted next, mostly they answered melodrama, for ex kim seo hyung, goo ara (she wish for melodrama with jo in sung, yoo jae suk asked her in running man), and seo hyun snsd. I think the impact of this drama.

me too I really wish to see them collaborate again in the future, they are perfect couple on screen, or at least a photoshoot together, like the cast of drama dazzling (they also have 12 years age gap)

• Like 4
  • Love 3

9 hours ago, Cheryl295 said:

Where are Soo Hyun and Appa?

That will be a great family bonding. Seeing them together will not do any harm. Boyfriend is still to be shown in many countries and that will be a very good promotion.

When i look into the whereabouts of the filming locations, at first i thought it may contribute to the tight schedule in their filming. Like, the exterior of the donghwa hotel is a different place and the interior is of another place. And maybe each and every office is of different place also. But then, this may not be the case because they had for sure planned it beforehand. So the bottomline is, like everybody said... what happened in cuba stayed in cuba.

After rewatching and rewatching,  the writer is really into numbers. First the number 11 , now the number 17. Jin Hyuk's family house is #17, the taxi that broke down which supposed to take Soo Hyun to morro cabana had 17 on its windshield and the car that drove the two around the roads of cuba has also 17 on its windshield.

As Jin Hyuk once said... its a mismatched, no thats what you call collaboration.

While many thought the pairing of SHK and PBG is a mismatched, Jin Hyuk and Soo Hyun proved them wrong. We are all now clamoring for their collaboration again. A sequel like "husband" will do.:rolleyes:

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote links, thanks!
  • Like 3
  • Love 4
  • Insightful 2

Hi, it's been long time never post comments in soompi forum but now, I am back because of Encounter so I would like to describe one word that the drama was awesome. Normally, I hate melodrama but Encounter drama make me to watch several time. Just a fun fact, that anybody got watch KBS award 2016 that the MC ask to PBG and KJW request to together but end up they work with SHK and SJK, lol...

https://youtu.be/XfJU2E7eSe8

hmm around, 21.38 

@bebebisous33 I love to read your anaylsis and keep posting. Thank you

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Jus posting the title and sub-heading of the news article of Park Bo Gum's fan meet. Please note that reporter is from Korea Times

South Korean heartthrob actor Park Bo-gum ‘meets’ up to 4,000 Bangkok fans during Asian Tour

• The star of hit series such as ‘Encounter’ and ‘Reply 1988’ also plans to visit cities such as Singapore, Hong Kong and Jakarta

https://www.scmp.com/magazines/style/people-events/article/2187297/south-korean-heartthrob-actor-park-bo-gum-meets-4000

• Like 4