Quantcast
marykarmelina

[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

@rosiepeonie188

ive got nothing. No reply from them. I sent them email 3x , i think. Those directors cut scenes will be stacked in a shelf forever if the dvd wont reach the minimum number of requests so they’ll start producing. 

• Like 5

Happy Valentine's Day everyone... 

To sync with this lovey-dovey atmosphere, I go back to the best part of this thread at page 199-205, when the Cuba Kisses happened.

For those who were streaming that night, the fave words are: OMG and WOW.. (we were so shock and busy watching and posting 'OMG', none of us upload screenshot of the kiss, not until the ending :lol:)

And yes, we were all @NongpeeP :D:D

ZhUf3fX.jpg

FsN4WOs.jpg

screamed and distracted :lol:

Spoiler

T9WL1B4.jpg

Everyone was barely alive that night :lol:

• LOL 13
  • Love 1

13 minutes ago, rosiepeonie188 said:

For those who were streaming that night, the fave words are: OMG and WOW.. (we were so shock and busy watching and posting 'OMG', none of us upload screenshot of the kiss, not until the ending :lol:)

Lol! I can never forget! I was working that time and everyone posted that they kissed all at the same time, no one was posting screen caps (coz I was relying on those, i cant stream videos at work) and Im literally dying! Im screaming already, I havent even seen the still photos yet because no one was posting! :lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 12

Dear all:

Please kindly order the director's cut version of 'Encounter' as a way to show our support to Song Hye Kyo (Our pretty Kyo)! You know? She keeps deleting instagram posts on her public account from about 280 photos to 218 photos at the beginning of the year and there is only 63 remaining now! I just wanna say, nothing happened in such coincidence.

I don't want to guess what is happening to her but maybe she is having a hard time with sorrow. But still, she finished filming all the episodes and try her personal best to give us a memorable love story. I would like to call for all your support by sending e-mail to production team (Even though no reply yet) if you really love this drama!

I really hope Kyo is truly fine, let's wish her all the very best
  • Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

@Cheryl295

I think its the end of January when SH went to Sokcho.

February 11 ...JH was back in the main branch, his first day after the Cuba trip.

February 16....the couple ring day

Hahaha....Thats the influence of JinSoo to me, i do remember their special dates but can't remember my own, lol.:rolleyes:

• Like 5
  • LOL 9

@simon883 Do you have daum cafe access? I wonder how many pre orders do they require before they will make the DVD and how many have expressed intent as of now to order. 

Spoiler

Anyway, many Korean celebrities delete many entries in instagram. Some even deleted whole account. So, its not something to be concerned about. SHK always deletes pics from time to time.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, rosiepeonie188 said:

To sync with this lovey-dovey atmosphere, I go back to the best part of this thread at page 199-205, when the Cuba Kisses happened.

Ah, I remember this so well. Excitement was in the air because we will be returning to Cuba. There was also collective anxiety as to whether they would kiss or not. Some of us speculated no, because they filmed it in their first month so the leads may not be that close yet. Some said yes, because we felt that the PD would put the Cuban scenery to good use

And by George! We were all SHOOKT!!!

Specially that balcony kiss at the end of episode 10. It was so hot, steam looked cool. LMAO

• Like 2
  • LOL 8
  • Love 2

Becoz i miss them planning to rewatch Encounter tonight with my daughter and with popcorn on the side of us Happy Heart Day To All enjoy on your special day with your love one :kiss_wink:

• Like 6
  • Love 6

3 hours ago, gigivillaceran said:

Becoz i miss them planning to rewatch Encounter tonight with my daughter and with popcorn on the side of us Happy Heart Day To All enjoy on your special day with your love one :kiss_wink:

Happy heart day to you too and all chingu soompiers here..

Enjoy your encounter and popcorn. Yummy...

Spoiler

Spoiler

• Like 5
  • Love 4

On 2/12/2019 at 4:05 PM, rosiepeonie188 said:

A Match Made in Heaven :heart:

Yes. A Gorgeous Match Made Through ENCOUNTER.    :D

A Beautiful Screen Couple who stole our hearts, despite the odds;

A Lovely Sunset that brought music to their ears;

Perhaps it's that moment when they fell in love,

Two Strangers drawn to each other in romantic settings.

Will I see him again? 

Will I see her again?

Who knows....but

Once is Encounter.

Twice is Destiny.

More than twice is a Match Made In Heaven.    :wub:

Kim Jin Hyuk & Cha Soo Hyun,

Their Destiny is written in the Stars,

That's why they were cheering them in the night sky, 

While the two figures were locking lips and starving for each other.

Oh My Gosh.  I miss this couple so much.

• Like 4
  • Love 9

On 2/13/2019 at 8:20 PM, Cheryl295 said:

Chingus, are there any fanfics for Encounter? I want to read one please share link if there's a fanfic. I want to imagine what would be Soo Hyun and Jin Hyuk's life together. :lol:

@Cheryl295, here are the links from @thepixies

On 2/3/2019 at 1:50 PM, thepixies said:
On 2/3/2019 at 1:45 PM, aiyumestranger said:

sooooo... anyone doing a fanfiction of CSH and KJH???:ph34r: I'm dying to read one!! Please write them one! I miss them so much that it literally hurts:bawling: 

BTW, I love reading all these analyses about the storyline and characters! Thank you for keeping the thread alive :thumbsup:

You could try Archive of Our Own - https://archiveofourown.org/tags/남자친구 | Encounter (TV 2018)/works

And if you can read Chinese, there is someone who posts her fics on weibo - https://m.weibo.cn/u/1771960471?uid=1771960471&luicode=10000011&lfid=10080850167963e2ba0a8632b118e3890f4f74_-_feed

---------------

99E982345C5FDEE83440C8

cr. galpinote

Spoiler

cr. tiffalen_mm

• Like 9
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, Blueberry latte said:

Oh My Gosh.

Do you just create a self made poem? Its beautiful. :D

• Like 7
  • Love 2

22 minutes ago, avondale16 said:

Do you just create a self made poem? Its beautiful. 

Yes, I did.

You know what? 

It's "Boyfriend", Park Bo Gum and Song Hye Kyo who invoked the poetic instinct with their excellent portrayal of KJH and CSH and the drama's beautiful poems and fine lines....it brings out the romantic feelings that were hidden below the hard exterior needed to get by the day to day demands of life.

Just like many of you, chingus, when I see KJH/PBG and CSH/SHK, I am reminded of their beautiful chemistry and their struggles and deep love for each other...that I wish at times that there's a real KJH and CSH out there whose love surpasses all things and culminates in their nuptial and babies. That would be lovely. I wish the PD had minimised some unnecessary time and spent it wisely on nurturing the love between KJH and CSH so that our wish for a wedding in Cuba could come true.

I still have my wishes for JinSoo:

1.  Show us how HUNGRY the lovers were at the balcony

2.  Show us the beautiful Cuban wedding with the sunset as their witness

3.  Show us their beautiful honeymoon and bed scene, and

4. Show us their beautiful minions calling "Apa" and "Oma"

How I wish our dream was materialised on the screen......

• Like 4
  • Love 11

4 minutes ago, Blueberry latte said:

How I wish our dream

May your wish is granted with another season 2 of encounter.

Your wish is my wish too. Our beautiful dream. 

Right @bebebisous33? Do you have this same dream?

• Like 5
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, avondale16 said:

May your wish is granted with another season 2 of encounter.

Your wish is my wish too. Our beautiful dream. 

Right @bebebisous33? Do you have this same dream?

For me, the story looks completed, hence a second season wouldn't make sense. But the writer could continue the story from another perspective... No more "encounter" but a different aspect, like f. ex. "motherhood".

• Like 11
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

I kind of agree with you @bebebisous33 that the story looks complete in the "Boyfriend" aspect. 

Maybe a season 2 dealing with the intricacies of marriage? They could also flesh out the side characters. Altho I'm not sure if it has enough steam to run through 16 episodes lol

So as much as I crave more CSH/KJH I know the odds for a second season are improbable. :tears: Maybe they could've given us 20 episodes instead

I would've wanted to see

1. A fun family dinner at KJH's house with SH

2. SH helping KJH's mum cook

3. SH and KJH eating with DC, JM, Sec Jang and HI at DC's restaurant

4. That ice skating and amusement park date

5. That WHITE DAY HOTEL ROOM SCENE THAT WE WERE ROBBED OF! :P

6. CSH and KJH actually kissing in a private place LOL (all of their kissing scenes were done in public)

7. A scene between CSH and Grandpa Samuel

8. KJH and SH cooking at her place

9. SH making KJH's camera case

I often wonder if the tight filming schedule, and the excruciating cold meant they had to cut some outdoor scenes. I remember some episodes having way too many flashbacks to fill time

• Like 10
  • Love 3

@Cheryl295I don't have exact figure how many copies do they need in order to start their production! But based on the past experience, 500 will be minimum and 1000 if eng sub is included! The production team is asking us to send them e-mails but no reply so far

• Like 6
  • Love 1

53 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

For me, the story looks completed, hence a second season wouldn't make sense. But the writer could continue the story from another perspective... No more "encounter" but a different aspect, like f. ex. "motherhood".

I very much agree.  I have noted that most directors and actors are loathe to do 2nd seasons.  I don’t see it happening in this case.  I wished there was a happy medium.  In my mind, KDramas don’t flesh out the story enough, while US dramas over stay the storyline beyond reasonability.  It seems like a 2 to 3 season run can fully tell a great tale that comes to a logical conclusion.  Take note Korean and US director-nims and writer-nims.  Tell a full story but don’t over stay your welcome.

• Like 12
  • Love 1

Good morning everyone, I am a great admirer of the talent of Park Bo Gum, as an actor above all, but also as an entertainer and artist in the most general sense of the term... When he chose as his second drama, like male lead,  "Encounter" with Song Hye Kyo, I was excited and worried... I was afraid it would be a risky choice, because of  age and the status of married woman of his co-star... Until now, I've only known SHK, I confess, when I first heard her name by Lee Min Ho, another actor I greatly admire, who had said he wanted to act with her. I did not see DOTS because I did not like the genre...
Here, now I'm here to tell you that deep down Bo Gum was right again and his choice was really courageous but at the same time right. He chose quality... because Encounter is a masterpiece of its kind. He chose the opportunity to grow as an actor by learning from a veteran like SHK, which I found perfect in her role as well as very beautiful. And in fact I think that Bo Gum with this drama has managed to improve further ... He is really a natural talent to enter the character, that allowed us to love him. ... I add that I am sorry for the criticisms, few fortunately and infinitely unjust: PBG and SHK I think they were aware of it from the beginning and deliberately chose to challenge prejudices and go against the current... A round of applause for their choice!!!

Returning to talk about the drama, I loved it so much, from the rhythm, slow and relaxing,  to the soundtrack, to the photography and colors, from the supporting cast, to the protagonist couple... 

There is much talk of chemistry these days, but I think that in some cases this term is used inappropriately.

I believe we can talk about chemistry between two actors when they can make you forget their names in reality and make you focus only on their characters...Personally, I do not care if two actors are in tune out of the screen ...And I like that there are only a few Bts of Encounter (perhaps a forced choice) ... JinSoo is a couple to love within the story, only then you can get carried away by their love, that grows more and more until that final confession ... The line "Don’t be sorry. Thank you for being brave" reminds me of another more famous movie than many years ago, "Love Story", I must say that the writer makes so many literary and cinematographic references  which are difficult to  remember or notice, he was also really good ... but he could be more <_<... Because sixteen episodes seem very few ... I wanted to see our couple struggling with the path of Santiago, for example, and I wanted to see them as a husband and wife, deal with everyday life .. and the slightest glimpse inside that room at Cuba would have been nice.. Good things always end too soon :lol: ... One last thing, another very abused topic concerns the good visual of couple, well they are so beautiful together that every comparison is impossible !

(is another deleted scene?)

24009.jpg

• Like 9
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 4

I'm scared that this is all a dream

Jin Huyk.
Do you know that I'm so happy these days?
I'm so, so, so happier than you.
I am very happy.
I am so happy that you are by my side.
But it worries me
that this might be all a dream.
When I open my eyes in the morning,
I wonder if you’re still here today.
I wonder if I have just got up from my dream from last night.
I keep checking and feel relieved.
But it also scares me,
in case you disappear,
in case you’re taken away.
Like those people who used to be my friends,
I’m afraid you might disappear too.

q5K9iJ.jpg

By the way, I am the cute type.
To tell you the truth, I am a very cute type of person, but people don’t know it.

• Like 9
  • Love 7