[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

3 hours ago, ihyw said:

Sorry for cutting your post. Would never have thought of that parallel: JH like WS not protecting SH from his mother. Yikes, that's really horrible.  I hope JH would have protected SH if he knew his mother had contacted her.  I don't think he would have stood by like WS watching the degradation and just giving her an expensive consolation gift afterwards.  But JH  not directly confronting his mother at breakfast, his acting as though nothing had happened, was really weird though. You are right. How could he not say anything when his mother hurt SH like that.  

My take on JH's character is  that he is a sensible man who measures his words and actions carefully.  He puts a lot of thoughts and consideration into his words and actions.  He doesn't return evil with evil out of anger. He doesn't hurt or tries to be rude even when he disagrees with a person's actions.

When he was confronted by SH's mum, WS's mum and recently WS, he was not rude and did not react impulsively.  He did not let SH know about these meetings as he knew she would feel guilty and worry incessantly.

In the recent meeting with WS, when WS mentioned that SH was his woman whom he fell in love with at first sight.  JH with very measured words told WS that SH was a woman that people fall in love with (almost telling WS that he could understand that WS was still in love with SH) and corrected WS to say that addressing SH as his woman was a one-sided action and he would ignore it. And when WS continued to intimidate JH by putting him down as a young ordinary man and JH should seek out another partner more suitable for him.  JH responded to say that there's not right or wrong in love and love just happens.  He would use his ways to take care of SH. 

Again, when WS met JH in the hotel after he became co-CEO, WS told JH when JH commented that WS's actions were hurting SH whom WS expressed to love. WS replied JH that he joining the hotel as a co-CEO was acting out of desperation to protect what he loved (SH) and challenged JH to see whether his bravery would prevail or his desperation. JH responded saying that he was not privy to WS' past or his experiences, thus it was not his place to judge but deliberately hurting someone was not ok for him.

For me, JH spoke his mind with firmness and gentleness without the intent to shame or hurrt WS even when WS was anything but kind. He gave the impression that he was not trying to judge WS' actions but only to reflect to him how he was hurting SH.

Even how he spoke to HI when she went direct to SH about JH being sent to Sokcho. Although he disagreed with HI for going direct to SH, JH responded with kindness.

I don't get a sense that JH is someone who will suffer in silence or he is a pushover. He seemed to operate based on his own principles or moral compass. He not confronting his mother directly for telling SH to break up with him behind his back was not because he couldn't care for SH's feelings.  He ran towards her and hugged her and asked her why she didn't tell him. Comforting her for the hurt his mother had inflicted on her was the first thing he thought to do.  He wanted to talk to her about it.  He did not react like WS who bought SH expensive material things after his mother hurt SH which made her feel like he was buying her over.

Moreover, I feel JH was thinking carefully how to relate to his mother's concerns.  If he were to show his hurt and pain, it might further confirm for JH's mother that SH was such a terrible partner and her father's scandal was affecting JH.  He had to swallow all the pain and put up a brave front for his mum so that she would not think worse of SH and her family.  He knew he couldn't change his mum's way of thinking overnight thus he needed more time and careful planning to win this war.  

• Like 2
  • Love 4
  • Insightful 14

Watched E15. KJH had been saying that he will protect CSH. If he really mean what he said he should have confronted her Mom and point to her that she was wrong in judging CSH. Protecting your love one should cover external factors that will hinder the relationship. While it is true that he loves his Mom, telling her point blank that his relationship with CSH is his own and nobody has the right to drive them apart. In this drama, KJH himself is bowing to the desire of his Mom. KJH might have explained to CSH his mother's POV but the damage had been done already and a decision had been made. The breakup reason is very shallow. For a mature person and a CEO with high analytical mind at that, better understanding of the situation should have been made. It's really disappointing.   

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, bubblechoco said:

Plus, the snow in the preview... Could it be White Day?????? T_____________T

Snow in feb end/March is very rare..unless they want to show that their love is beautiful and rare like snow:ph34r:, am thinking time jump to Dec!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, nikir said:

The twitter video of JH and CSH ( diff hairstyle) shows JH with the camera!! I really hope we get 45 mins of super cute scenes to drown out yesterdays episode!!

As much as I know it will be a happy ending, am feeling very bittersweet abt it coz of Ep 15..so pls give an overdose of lovey dovey scenes!! 

ETA:

I am guessing JH will say something to the like of : You want to break up, fine! But I will never stop loving you, i will not disappear from your life like your friends!I will always be there for you! I will wait for you!! 

U mean the Mural Village video? Really? Jinja??? I gotta go check out then!

Your guess is probably right, it's on the text preview!

• Like 3

When I step back and look at this drama, I realize that JH has been the one fighting for their relationship; the one that has been pulling her along. We have CSH's father who has also took a step to free CSH completely from her ex and his mother in law. I'm a little disappointed at how easy CSH is willing to give up on love, first love, without a fight.

I think back to a situation that happened in the U.S. between an interracial couple who fell in love during the 50's/60's when the laws were against them. They still got married and started a family. They were harassed by the government and community at every angle for years, even tossed into jail a few times, pulled out of their beds in the middle of the night, but they never gave up on love---they fought for it; even up to the United States Supreme Court--the highest court in the land.  It would have been so easy for either of them to step back and give up on their love, but they didn't---they both fought for it against all the odds. 

Even in ep 15, it seems that JH is the one suffering the most. I want to see CSH fight for their love. I need her to talk to JH's mother and snap her out of her foolish thoughts that she can protect JH from people talking---people will always talk.

I hope in this last episode she fights for him. If not, she will be he same as in her marriage--going along with the flow while others work on her behalf for her happiness......her ex, her father, JH, Manager Nam, etc.

Spoiler

Side note:  Not sure why the writer used the father this way to help CSH. Not sure how many families want to be in-laws with criminals. If JH's mother had concerns about this, I could understand a little better.

• Like 7
  • Insightful 4

17 minutes ago, bubblechoco said:

U mean the Mural Village video? Really? Jinja??? I gotta go check out then!

Your guess is probably right, it's on the text preview!

Yep..JH has camera!! so they will get together!!

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, bubblechoco said:

That is beyond question, my friend.

All I want is the production team fulfilling our wish:

- Sensible, romantic happy ending

- Cider >>>>> Goguma scenes

Hoping that the kids in the picture are actually their kids. But I assume since they are filming, they must’ve closed the area particularly the stairs where they actually film so maybe those kids aren’t just passing by. So probably those kids are KIMs? :sweatingbullets:

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 1

9 minutes ago, shyguitar said:

Hoping that the kids in the picture are actually their kids. But I assume since they are filming, they must’ve closed the area particularly the stairs where they actually film so maybe those kids aren’t just passing by. So probably those kids are KIMs? :sweatingbullets:

Some of the chingu said the kids are just passing by cause there's a guy has his arms open behind our OTP

But I think the guy is a staff member, probably a FD / VJ or something, his outfit doesn't look a like an extra tbh,

anyway we'll wait and see ^__^

=

Are you referring to this one my dear? I don't see any camera?

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2

45 minutes ago, lclarakl said:

When I step back and look at this drama, I realize that JH has been the one fighting for their relationship; the one that has been pulling her along. We have CSH's father who has also took a step to free CSH completely from her ex and his mother in law. I'm a little disappointed at how easy CSH is willing to give up on love, first love, without a fight.

I think back to a situation that happened in the U.S. between an interracial couple who fell in love during the 50's/60's when the laws were against them. They still got married and started a family. They were harassed by the government and community at every angle for years, even tossed into jail a few times, pulled out of their beds in the middle of the night, but they never gave up on love---they fought for it; even up to the United States Supreme Court--the highest court in the land.  It would have been so easy for either of them to step back and give up on their love, but they didn't---they both fought for it against all the odds. 

Even in ep 15, it seems that JH is the one suffering the most. I want to see CSH fight for their love. I need her to talk to JH's mother and snap her out of her foolish thoughts that she can protect JH from people talking---people will always talk.

I hope in this last episode she fights for him. If not, she will be he same as in her marriage--going along with the flow while others work on her behalf for her happiness......her ex, her father, JH, Manager Nam, etc.

Reveal hidden contents

Side note:  Not sure why the writer used the father this way to help CSH. Not sure how many families want to be in-laws with criminals. If JH's mother had concerns about this, I could understand a little better.

We wish for the same thing. Like, I know she’s going through a lot too, but girl it’s about time she fights for her own happiness. I feel like she’s retreating further and further into her shell

Spoiler

I trust SHK tho more than the writer so I’m sure she’ll be able to turnaround in the finale later. I don’t think CSH will end this drama a damsel in distress

• Like 9
  • Love 3

Cho Min-ah (actress and former member "Jewelry") is watching Boyfriend. She posted a scene of episode 15 on her sns.

"I was sick so I could not have dinner, I slept barely, and then I woke up at 3 am to watch the drama Boyfriend.

Really, it was a good drama.
I'm so hooked with this drama.
Looking forward to happy ending of Jinhyuk and Soohyun." :wub:

------------------

Before, there was a news that actress Son Tae Young's also watching Boyfriend.
On January 10, she posted 3 drama poster on her instagram with caption :
favourite drama
#Sky Castle #Children of Nobody #Boyfriend

Spoiler

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

i will be missing this thread, to all the very supportive and always their to give us  all their good thoughts about the drama thank you so much, nice  conversation to you all, l i really enjoy reading all your comments guys thank you so much. God Bless You All and Goodluck all let us support and enjoy the last episode kamsamida..:kiss_wink:

• Like 8
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

When JH told SH that the person whom he talked to st 12.42 is the woman he like, we perceive him as a mama's boy. But looking back to all his actions , he is not . 

He never confides his feelings, his problems, his sentiments to his mother. He talks to his father first and asks for assistance.

He fell in love with Sh, an exact opposite of his mother. And the exact opposite of what his mother wants.

He rather spends his free time reading or with friends rather than staying at home having a conversation with his mom.

My take is... there is already an existing wall between them. A wall built by him, and only him knows that. But Jh being Jh, we don't able to see that wall. And with just one knock or crack in that wall it will collapse. If ever Jh will talk to his mom, and the mom won't give way, its an easy exit for Jh. 

Its so heartbreaking for Jh to know that the 2 women he love equally are now causing him pain. He is right.... both women's love for him will never change. The only difference is... one of these women  is making sacrifices in order for this love not to change.

Now, Jh has to move mountains to save Sh from the castle of guilt and the possibility of going back to that tall and dark castle. He can still save Sh. But not his mother who is already trapped with her own thinking that even his father is just letting it be.

Of course i understand his mother, i know where her fears are coming from. Mothers like her are not new to me. Sometimes i just consoled myself thinking like that because their minds are trapped in their generation and cannot adapt to the new generation. They have so many unfounded fears that hurts the lives of their children. Just one contradiction you make will trigger world war and will cause damage beyond repair.

With just few hours before the final one, i'm hoping for the best.

Maybe Jh will say... you break up with me but i'll continue to be your boyfriend.

Maybe, Sh knowing from Mr. Nam abt his father's talk with Jh will reconsider things. She will feel more guilt if she dismisses her father's words that Jh mom's words.

• Like 12
  • Insightful 2