[Drama 2018] Today’s Detective/The Ghost Detective, 오늘의 탐정

larus

49 minutes ago, nona88 said:

The GIF express everything!!! Hahahahahahaha!!! :joy: 

5 hours ago, gm4queen said:

He he... Daniel did his signature coat- wearing scenes twice in Jugglers & in here once. And looks like hyung is no less than his handsome younger brother :tounge_wink:

And I am also curious over his bracelet... And he's grabbing it everytime when SWH is involved...!! May be Yi Rang gifted him & he don't want to do evil stuff for her sake... Or he's having wish for the bracelet to break down on its own when his wish becomes true...! :kiss_wink: Who knows..?! Anything is possible & he is a clear target of SWH... He could be her next target...! She told him to harm Da Il in order to protect Yeo Wool :open_mouth:... Now, let's wait another week :frown:

Hyung got his own style :tounge_wink: 

I saw at preview that he's wearing the bracelet when he killing a man.. in the 1st my thought same like you that is gifted from Yi Rang and he don wanna "dirty" it... seems like not... hopefully he won't turn to bad situation. 

1 hour ago, bebebisous33 said:

In my opinion, this has something to do with his consciousness. When he buried LDI, he was well aware of his own actions. However, in the hospital room, he was like possessed and wanted to do something bad. Notice that when JDJ talked to LDI in front of detective Park, he had red eyes. This means that he was possessed by someone else. nonetheless he was definitely not under the influence of SWH as he was revealing a secret about her. To conclude, JDJ showed three different kinds of personality:

- one as the assistant of SWH. The latter used to threaten him and when he was like that, he tried to act behind her back.

- one who wanted SWH to become a serial killer. His vicious smile in front of Park showed that he liked how SWH was and didn't feel annoyed by her murderous actions. 

- one during the interrogation...

To me, in the prison cell JDJ was really himself, when he talked to SWH. That's why he could leave a message to LDI and his team. 

I was right from the start that the caretaker was somehow responsible for LDH's burial and wanted to do something in order to stop SWH. Striking is that SWH's mother seems to be delusional herself as she considers LDI her baby and son. In my opinion, leaving her children behind made her feel very guilty. When she heard what had happened to her son and her daughter, this must have burdened her. So giving LDI some drugs is her way to show that she never wanted to abandon her children, it also lessens her guilty conscience. She ensures that her child remains by her side. JDJ knew that she would do anything to keep the man unconscious.

As SWH's powers, I can only explain it that way. When she was in a coma, the evil spirit couldn't possess her entirely. By hurting the body, the evil spirit was forced to take fully possession of SWH's body. However, this doesn't mean that the evil spirit has lost its powers. In the beginning, we heard the story of the evil spirit caught in a bottle and who was freed by a human. In my opinion, this is SWH's story... as a child, she must have found the bottle with the evil spirit. 

Notice that LDI's red eyes disappear, when YW touches him. Her love is the reason why he doesn't become evil. She helps him to remain himself and not lose his "humanity".

Your theory is awesome @bebebisous33!! :thumbsup: Hope SWH's mom don't hurt Da II. 

Yes I noticed it, that will make sense if YW is Da II's cure. Coz in this drama, "love" is the 1 who fight anger. Let's see next week as YW asking Da II about red eye condition. :confounded: Is she see something happen on Da II when he become evil? Let's found out! 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just watched the latest two episodes.

Feel bad for poor Detective but now that we know Da Il is alive, there is no chance for him.

The romance really amped up in this episode and I think we can guess the ultimate target? SWH's mom.

Either she is the little girl who craves her mom's love or a vengeful child who wants to kill.

Thank you so much @nona88 for liking my photo :heart: It's my pleasure...!! :D

And it's said that "Love is the cure for anger"... Yeo wool's love is Da Il's clam.. WHAT AN AMAZING CONCEPT :love: Her single touch makes him a "human" again...! You are so right @Heidi Seow...!! She is his cure... :wub: But Da il seems to unaware about it..! It's Yeo Wool who can understand it..! She's seen him twice with red eyes.. And next week, she's asking him about it..! She has to find his body real soon. Or he would end up being a full-time evil spirit.. NO NO NO.. She won't let him be evil...!

And we've got a passionate hug this week..! So can we a passionate kiss also..?! :love: I feel that her kiss would make him a lot more powerful...!! So writer-nim, please think about us ahh..??! Just a little kiss... he he..! Counting on you :D:D:D:D

I'm actually kind of disappointed about the romance that ensues between LDI and JYW. I was hoping she would see detective Park on a different light...but after that hug and LDI brushing her hair off her face I guess not :/ 

It's a different drama so it would be interesting for that to happen. Kind of sick and tired of the second lead syndrome to be honest hahaha

Anyway, I can't wait for next week!!! It's amazing me that the dramas that I'm into this year are actually the ones that are achieving lower rating back at Korea (Are you human too, Risky Romance....)

I will just leave this here: the relationship i am most interested in is between lee dail and han sang sub. Love their relationship, they are like father and son, and even the littlest things dail does makes him happy i just wait for their scenes to come up:D

Episode 8.

The acting on the series is lovely.  But even among such marvelous work I have to call out Lee Jae-Kyoon for his quiet intensity and his ability to touch my heart with his simplicity. The moment when he figured out what he had seen was YeolWool comforting Da-Il and he had no chance to win her heart, broke MY heart.  Well done Lee Jae-Kyoon.  

There was a comment about Da-Il wearing the same clothes all the time.  I think like food, the rules of the other side requires that ghost be offered things, they can't just take what they want. So until someone offers Da-il new clothes and burn it so he can access it, he should be in that outfit.

I wonder what big boss man has to do with Red Lady's death.

RedLady has something essentially wrong.  Her power only seems to work where there is love.  People kill to protect their loved ones.

I suspect that she thinks love was missing in her life which is why she is so angry.

Random thoughts:

It is my belief that the first acting class that male Korean actors are required to take is full out running and the second class is female co-star piggybacking.

6 hours ago, thistle said:

Saw this gif over on Tumblr, and it pretty much killed me.  (gif credit to Tumblr poster Michyeosseo)

This GIF is everything for me... How come a ghost be this hot..?! He is just hotter than the sun :love: And thumbs up to the production team...! They chose the perfect actor for the role :thumbsup:Just AMAZING...!!

51 minutes ago, hushhh said:

RedLady has something essentially wrong.  Her power only seems to work where there is love.  People kill to protect their loved ones.

I suspect that she thinks love was missing in her life which is why she is so angry.

Son Woo Hye hates love, b'cause no one loved her in the family.. Her mom left her at the age of 5. And her father didn't want to have kids but live by himself..!! Why did he marry if he hates kids so much..??!!  :o And I think the fact that she attacked dozens of people at the fair is also related to her story.. She never got a chance to go family trips with her mom, dad & brother just like every other kid do..! So she hates that the other kids get the happiness of a family gathering..! It's obvious :(

And ther's a big buzz on the net whether Da Il has amnesia..?! But when SWH's mom was about to inject him something saying "forgive this mom..", a tear fell down from his eye.. :flushed: Looks like he remembers everything..! And I was right..! She is the reason for him to be a human again..! Her touch makes him come back to life..!! IT"S AN AMAZING CONCEPT :heart: LOVE this writer-nim...! FANTASY is the best :kiss_wink:

Hahaha! Calm calm @gm4queen :joy: Don't give us hope.. Maybe that passionate only will come out at almost end? :sweat_smile: Please don't mean to us writer-nim... (sometimes writer-nim really teasing us up and down) 

But 1 thing we also need to prepare that if YW is cure for Da II, mean YW will be more dangerous if SWH find out.. 

OMG @thistle, this gif is killing me~~~~:love: More Choi Daniel's gif please..

Poor Detective Park :( If he believe YW in early time, I think the story will be different for now.. @hushhh you might right that for now SWH is anger coz her mother left her and father wanna kill her just becoz of burden. She definitely hate love, probably there is no "love" word in her dictionary... :( 

The CEO must have some background story, otherwise I don't think they will ask Lee Kyeong Woo who are stared by Park Ho San just to be a cameo... :sweat_smile: What do you guys think? 

The way he look at YW... :love:

tumblr_pg5hiiKYZL1wcaps0o9_r1_400.gif

31 minutes ago, thistle said:

@gm4queen & @Heidi Seow  Thanks!  :wub:

I'm borrowing these gifs without the creator's permission really and I want to shout out credit but now it appears that a different user has a name on them--so confusing.  Anyway, I think they come from notenoughdrama of Tumblr.

Ya I saw it from tumblr @thistle Thank you so much ! So many beautiful gifs at there. 

Brushing hair part really mean something for our main lead. Another part when he touch her hair before he went into his room. All movement is like precious movement to me.. EP18 really cause me screaming (in my heart coz I watched raw at midnight and family already in bedtime) and heart beat fast. :joy:

4 hours ago, hushhh said:

Maybe he is the person who cause her father's bankrupt, remember he know and believe about the red woman and willing to help our hero without doubt. She targeted his company's festival for poisoning seem not a random.

I admit - I squealed at this point. It was like 'hajima! hajima!' then melt into a puddle of water.

JWmFvi.gif

For those who love height differences -

WDocmg.gif

Looks like brushing the hair off the forehead is an in-thing now. Saw it in a few other dramas as well.

4 minutes ago, Dramanoona said:

Looks like brushing the hair off the forehead is an in-thing now. Saw it in a few other dramas as well

I don't care how many times I see it in other dramas since for sure he making it here so special, especially the way he also look at her, have that little smile and all his body  relaxing and changing while doing it :heart: and she also give the most beautiful body reacting, her eyes , her little face and...... 

A hug and little hair touching get in the highest romance standard now  ( I think I am not the only crazy about that scene :joy:)

36 minutes ago, Dramanoona said:

I admit - I squealed at this point. It was like 'hajima! hajima!' then melt into a puddle of water.

For those who love height differences -

Looks like brushing the hair off the forehead is an in-thing now. Saw it in a few other dramas as well.

Really? Daniel also did that brush-the-hair thing to Yoon Yi (Baek Jin Hee) in Jugglers, when i see it i thought that's just so sweet :wub:. I'll be melting (literally) if he do this to me *in your dream, girl.

Ok, my husband will kill me if he ever read this forum :lol:

By the way the height difference between me and my husband is the same as the height difference between Daniel & Eun Bin hahaa *again, not important :P

20 minutes ago, nona88 said:

I don't care how many times I see it in other dramas since for sure he making it here so special, especially the way he also look at her, have that little smile and all his body  relaxing and changing while doing it :heart: and she also give the most beautiful body reacting, her eyes , her little face and...... 

A hug and little hair touching get in the highest romance standard now  ( I think I am not the only crazy about that scene :joy:)

I loved everything about that scene and when he brushed her hair once more before going into the room and disappearing the second time. It's great to see that he doesn't restrain himself that much after finding out that he's still alive. Before that, whenever he wanted to comfort YW when she was crying, he always stopped himself. Maybe it was because he thought that since he's dead it would be better to keep a distance so that when he disappears for good no one will get hurt. Now, since he found out that he's still alive it somewhat elevated his worries. Seeing how worried YW was when he disappeared has also affected him so now it feels like he's more open about his feelings.

2 hours ago, hugo10 said:

Maybe he is the person who cause her father's bankrupt, remember he know and believe about the red woman and willing to help our hero without doubt. She targeted his company's festival for poisoning seem not a random.

SWH tried to hurt him twice. First, she kidnapped his child, then tried to damage his company with the terror attack. To me, it is definitely related to her past. Maybe she is related to him... he abandoned her mother, while she was pregnant.

I couldn't catch up with you guys b'cause it's thunder & lightning here...! Monsoon in October :smirk:  But I've got another Monsoon here...! DANIEL & EUN BIN :wub:  they are the cutest couple in the drama land now...! They just set the screen on fire... :heart: And @kaedechan, I think Daniel brushing hair in here is so different than in Jugglers..! This is more passionate :heart:  The way he just looked at her is like a magic or something to me...! He did brushing her hair b'cause he also has feelings for her, hasn't he??...!! And did she really say "it"..?! May be we'll get a flashback later... :lol: 

And I am curious over the CEO dad... He knows about SWH & believes about her...! And Da Il mentioned earlier about SWH's past murder patterns.... And I am just thinking that SWH is only attacking women...! The little girl Ha Eun, Da Il's mom, Yeo Wool sister & also Yeo Wool... :hushed: Does she hate her mom..? She doesn't seem to attack men much... May be she is jealous of happy women b'cause she couldn't ever be happy in her childhood... And who's the guy attacking Yeo Wool under the black mask..? I don't know if I am missing something here....!

Archived