[Drama 2018] Today’s Detective/The Ghost Detective, 오늘의 탐정

larus

1 hour ago, thistle said:

I seem to recall that the Red Lady could still manipulate people.  It does seem like she was able to make people do stuff even after she had her new body--seems like there was some dialogue about that.

But I'm fuzzy on the details there.....to be fair, that is because I'm not overly worried about the details on this; I'm still in this for the human drama rather than the supernatural one.

Yes, the Red Lady still has (some of?) her abilities, at least that's what Da Il said to YW when she's being interogated at the police station. Da il said to YW that Red Lady is alive again, she's still able to control people, like that boy who saw Red Lady walking out of the her room after killing the doctors & nurses.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, kaedechan said:

Yes, the Red Lady still has (some of?) her abilities, at least that's what Da Il said to YW when she's being interogated at the police station. Da il said to YW that Red Lady is alive again, she's still able to control people, like that boy who saw Red Lady walking out of the her room after killing the doctors & nurses.

Thank you!  That's the part I was trying to remember.  :)

7 hours ago, gm4queen said:

Agree..!

Sun Woo Hye was a human in a coma with her spirit wandering..! And according to her own words, a ghost like Da Il can't kill her & only Yeo Wool can do it...! Also Choe Won's mom said that they should stab her in order to trap her spirit inside her body... And somehow she was stabbed, but by a ghost - Da Il..! So now the rules are opposite.. She's out of the coma now & alive again instead of dying..! And what just happened to her evil spirit..??! Is it just got trapped or just released..?! What's your idea about it.?! This is all about logic...! :hushed:

This is quite confusing. Her body did die right? I’m not sure what kind of laws apply here but it makes no sense that she’s actually alive as a normal person unless she supernaturally healed her mortal body of the wound. I get that Da II can’t kill her but I expected her to be more like the walking dead and not a human being alive. I would more believe that it’s her evil spirit that is animating her dead body or something like that. I assume things will get clearer as the story progresses. Most of the supernatural shows I’ve seen in the past didn’t abandon logic and hopefully it’s the same with this show. It’s just that the main characters seem to be fumbling around unknown territory. Only CW seem to know a bit but not enough to enlighten the team as to what actually happened with the red lady. Maybe her grandfather could be of some help.

Im not sure izzit true or not. But I think Sun Wo Hye still have power to manipulate people.. (Feeling tells me.. ) And saw someone posted some pictures at Instagram. Many ppl lay down on floor, seems like connecting to last scene from preview that  Da II is in panting heavily... Not sure izzit something bad done by SWH.... 

This is a bit off the current topic but it's a fun fact anyhow.  

I decided to try a new show that just started called The Player.  Imagine my surprise when I noticed a familiar face in the cast:  it was Kim Won Hae who is also playing our Ghost Detective's Sang Sub!

Since I think it's kinda really cool when an actor is busy in minor roles, I went to check his info and I found out that he is also in a third series that starts airing tomorrow:  Where Stars Land (Fox Bride Star).  (And I'm not even gonna go into the fact that he's in yet another show that starts in November.)

Oh my goodness, this guy is very, very busy!  That's tremendously impressive.  And I'm really liking him as Sang Sub.  Although there's an age gap between him and the coroner Chae Won (my favorite character, not counting our leads, of course), it would be great if they became a couple or at least friends.  He needs a buddy now that DI is a ghost.

This is a bit off the current topic but it's a fun fact anyhow.  

I decided to try a new show that just started called The Player.  Imagine my surprise when I noticed a familiar face in the cast:  it was Kim Won Hae who is also playing our Ghost Detective's Sang Sub!

Since I think it's kinda really cool when an actor is busy in minor roles, I went to check his info and I found out that he is also in a third series that starts airing tomorrow:  Where Stars Land (Fox Bride Star).  (And I'm not even gonna go into the fact that he's in yet another show that starts in November.)

Oh my goodness, this guy is very, very busy!  That's tremendously impressive.  And I'm really liking him as Sang Sub.  Although there's an age gap between him and the coroner Chae Won (my favorite character, not counting our leads, of course), it would be great if they became a couple or at least friends.  He needs a buddy now that DI is a ghost.

Just adding something more to your post...!!

This is the lucky year for Kim Won Hae sshi ( I don't like to call him by his name b'cause he's 21 yrs older than me...!).. He's got total 8 K-dramas this year... :hushed: WOW.. he's so fantastic.. This is the first time I am seeing him & I think he's so cool..!!

And speaking of "The Ghost Detective), I really love the way he's trying to protect our younger ones & cracking jokes...! He's the life of the show.! Glad that Da Il saved him... Without his sweet jokes, the series wouldn't be the same..! And he & Chae Won also has about a 20 yrs age gap.. But who knows, :tounge_wink: he's like a kid in front of her...! So sweet.. :heart: Let's see what happens..!

11 hours ago, gm4queen said:

Finally!

"My Dilemma | The Ghost Detective MV" edited by me is here :heart:

I hope you guys will gonna love it..!

@larus @triplem @celebrianna @Heidi Seow @thistle @kaedechan @nona88 @hushhh

Definitely love it! :wub: You made a wonderful video.  

She's so pretty.  He's so handsome.  Oh, I hope their love isn't doomed.

Definitely love it! :wub: You made a wonderful video.  

She's so pretty.  He's so handsome.  Oh, I hope their love isn't doomed.

Thank you so much dear... :wub: It means a lot to me...!

And you've just read my mind.... She's so beautiful in any dress & He's is hot in black :heart:. Really want these two to fall in love & fight for their love..! They're made for each other..!...

And as Da Il said, now Sun Woo Hye doesn't need any mental connections to kill people.. She now has the physical power to kill them by her own hands..! Remember how she killed the lady was in the street & then went to her apartment..! ( I was wondered how can a lady who was in a hospital since the age of 12 has adult outfits..!) And I too saw on the net that a lot of people are on the ground...! Looks like she's already started her business..!! :hushed: Can't wait...!

On red lady:

She was in coma and when DI killed her, she woke up

The police inspector told the team that a lady's body was found , stabbed. So, our b'ful angry damsel is very much in her own body and she is human. Drama explicitly explained this. THe good thing is, now she can kill all of her own and doesn't need to bother with other people :P

In a previous episode, somebody mentioned, there are powers that spirits can choose to use and evil spirits grow powerful over time. However, to gain and use such powers, they have to sacrifice part of them... me guessing, we have yet to come around to that..

our red lady blurs the divide between human and meta ..  her spirit has powers/experience gained, her human form can now exercise it..

i am really curious to see what made her angry (it isn't being stuck with dead body) and what sacrifice she chose to gain these powers

25 minutes ago, nona88 said:

New stills 

Thanks for sharing your video , love it :heart:they really looked  so beautiful and touching together 

Thank you so much for praising my video dear...!! :wub: It means a lot to me...!!

And thank you so much once again for the new stills... Ahh!! This is so intense..!! Last week I just thought that the caretaker is invisible to others after Sun Woo Hye got her life back..!! But I was wrong..  In tomorrow's preview, the police detective is following him.. And just look at his face on the stills.. He's up to something for sure..!! Looks like he is a deceitful person in every possible way...!

Well... Can't wait for tomorrow's eps....!!

Little bit off topic:

I am currently watching a French animated 3D like cartoon series called "Miraculous". And "Hawk Moth" is the villain of the series.. He evilizes people with negative emotions with a evil butterfly called "Akuma".. "Fly away my little akuma & evilize her/him".. (When I hear that line, it always reminds me of the lady in red..!! They both are mind controllers...!).. And the hero "Ladybug" has a magic item called "Miraculous" to de-evilize the "Akuma".. And  what's the "miraculous" our Da Il's got to de-evilize Sun Woo Hye's evilness..?!! He can't be a plain ghost with no super powers.. I am curious to know how the writer unfolds the story with Da Il..!! And YES!! This is the perfect addiction..! :heart:

14 hours ago, gm4queen said:

Little bit off topic:

I am currently watching a French animated 3D like cartoon series called "Miraculous". And "Hawk Moth" is the villain of the series.. He evilizes people with negative emotions with a evil butterfly called "Akuma".. "Fly away my little akuma & evilize her/him".....

The word "akuma" is Japanese.  It is a character type from Japanese folklore that is a malevolent fire spirit.  The word is also sometimes translated as "demon."  Akuma has fiery eyes (does that sound familiar?); it can fly (wow, I hope the Red Lady doesn't do that!); and it brings misfortune to those who see it.

I'm also longing to see what the writer does with DI, and I'm still Really, Really, Really Hoping that he is not permanently dead.  If he is dead and buried at the end of this drama, I am gonna be so cross!  (I was hoping I had gotten over that but, yeah, I guess I haven't. LOL )

Another new stills 

Intersteing, yeh  her sister boyfriend is shown  up finally he looked so scared and he now talking  with yw and da-il  there , yw seem  angry too I guess some secrets  and answer  will be found this week ( or maybe ir only my wish :joy:)

201810031305300444338_20181003130537_01_ what did that woman  did to him!! Or should I asked what did he do with her to look so scared and to make  yw  look like this !!! ( more heart broken news  for yw  i guess, da-Il  should start to learn how to comfort her :relaxed:

Another one da-il  looking for someone 

Spoiler

0000331405_001_20181003113402891.jpg?typ 

Thank you so much @thistle for detailing..! Yes., fiery eyes are very familiar... (As long as you can deal with the lady in red)  :tounge_wink: And I too want Da Il alive at the end of the series..!! But, who knows..? Let some magic happen & be him a human again..!

And WOW... This is going so addicting right now...!! Thank you for the new pic @nona88 dear...!! Oh Yes... Now Da Il has no choice but to learn comforting her... :heart: This could be the beginning of their love... WOW...!! Can't wait tonight :love:

And,

• can that Gyeol guy see Da Il..??
  • What's Da Il doing in there..?? What's that place..?

This is the true suspense :hushed:

Archived