[Drama 2018] My ID is Gangnam Beauty, 내 ID는 강남미인

0ly40

Finally had time to watch this weeks episode. I think it is appropriate to say this week was about the growing pain. It was sad to see our to two friends being sad. But even so i really like this episodes for giving us the rain scene, confession, showing MR insecurity and also how our boy had to see what MR had to go true... Even tough i don´t think he could really understand what she have been true, I think he is starting to see what is going on in her mind. I was happy he did say that he can wait for her! now the ball is in her hand. hope she can take a leap :D 

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, kodomonojikan said:

The kiss I hate the most in Kdramas is the opened eyed, lips not moving kiss like the one from Miss Hammurabi which was a recent JTBC drama.  I didn't watch it so I'm not criticizing the drama.  People said it was appropriate because it's not a romance but a law drama but I don't understand why kdramas continue to use this type of kiss.  Like seriously who would do that in real life?  It's become my pet peeve.  Miss Hammurabi stars Kim Myung Soo aka L who is an idol and was the visual of his group but he's older now.  This was the one and only kiss so it worries me that this is all we'll get for KS and MR.  I would rather they share a quick 1second peck on the lips or a kiss to the forehead than hold a kiss where the lips are just partially touching for 15 seconds. 

If you don't know the circumstance of a drama, you shouldn't talk about it.

Warning, I will spoil a little this drama :

Spoiler

The girl was abused when she was young and had a hard time getting close to people. It was a very big step for her.

4 hours ago, darr said:

……but I'm always uncomfortable when the age gap is too much. Cos it restricts cute moments. I'm not surprised they are drawing up scenes to  cover up the much anticipated lovey dovey which should have occurred by now. 

CEW is sometimes in awkward position but MR is helping him out so he can be at ease. Its not easy for him actually.  

I pray production company stop casting actors with big age difference as love interests

They are never comfortable with it. Their potentials as love interests are always under utilised. We want  cute,cute moments. Viewers are mad:D

Director, do something:lol:

I put off watching till they start dating. Watched few clips. 

I kinda agree and disagree on several things XD

People are ok when the male lead is way older but the other way around they tend to be creeped out!?!?! I may seem biased when I say that I really cringe hard when I see older-men/younger-women couples and but I find it really interesting to watch a younger-man/older-woman couple portrayed on screen (with "older" I mean more that 5 yrs). Obviously one has to take the actors, the story and the relationship between the characters in account, but with a older-man/younger-women couple it just often goes back to the same old gender stereotypes –which make my blood boil–, yet when there is a younger-man/older-woman couple the story tends to try to subvert those which I personally find more intriguing.

Eun Woo said in interviews that he was thankful to Soo Hyang because he felt intimidated at first but she approached him first to make it more comfortable. They seem to be getting along pretty well now but it could be that Eun Woo's agency is scared of crazy fan-girls and that's why he didn't have many cute scenes with her yet.....

2 hours ago, kodomonojikan said:

The kiss I hate the most in Kdramas is the opened eyed, lips not moving kiss like

ahahahaha gurl I feel you. I CRINGE SO HARD!!! When I see a kiss like that I always have to think it looks like two slices of toast-bread pressed against each other ahahahah and then I have to think about the actors and how they have to keep the position so that the camera can swirl around them…I CRINGE EVEN MORE!

But the drama has kept a lot of awesome scenes and dialogues from the manhwa which I didn't think they had the ovaries to transfer over to the small screen sooooo… perhaps we will get a hot kiss after all (ง ื▿ ื)ว        

M5tjK6w.png

1 hour ago, ChyuuNyuu said:

ahahahaha gurl I feel you. I CRINGE SO HARD!!! When I see a kiss like that I always have to think it looks like two slices of toast-bread pressed against each other ahahahah and then I have to think about the actors and how they have to keep the position so that the camera can swirl around them…I CRINGE EVEN MORE!

But the drama has kept a lot of awesome scenes and dialogues from the manhwa which I didn't think they had the ovaries to transfer over to the small screen sooooo… perhaps we will get a hot kiss after all (ง ื▿ ื)ว        

Lol! When the OTP kisses and they just press lips against each other, it's always the camera is swirl around them. Lol! :lol: But still give us a good kiss! 

I hope we get a good kiss scene, not like what @kodomonojikan said about Miss Hammurabi. It took them forever to give us that, I mean I understand it wasn't such a romance drama, but I mean L could of kissed her, again and better. Lol. :lol:

10 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

When DKS met KMR in the past, he remembered her due to the perfume and her dance move. However, he never approached her in the past, although she made him smile. But at the university, he acted differently towards her. Why? Not just because he remembered her but also he was definitely attracted by her. The reason why DKS denied that KMR was either pretty or ugly is because he knows that people have different tastes when it comes to beauty. Moreover, he doesn't want to reduce KMR to an object and even to one aspect: beautiful or not.

And the combination of physical attraction and attraction due to the personality is also underlined in the couple TH-TY. TY thought that she was a nice person and she was not bad looking, however when SA approached him, he got swayed and to me, it proves that he was never that attracted to TH. He liked TH but not to the point of being attracted by her. 

I agree that Mi Rae needs to hear she’s pretty, which isn’t the issue with what Woo Young said. My issue was more that he suggested no one would like a “not pretty” girl, which validates Mi Rae’s old self-hatred. Kyung Seok may be more attracted to MR now than before, but he still knows not to treat her as an object even when she’s not in front of him. That’s the difference to me and why he is the male lead and not the runner up lol.

As for TY and TH, you’re absolutely right that he wasn’t as physically attracted to her as he let on. But that’s kind of where WY’s theory of “everyone has their type” falls apart. Society’s biases affect personal types, so it’s not just a matter of everyone liking something different. He mentioned “some” people like thinner girls with fairer skin, but fat phobia and racism/colorism are real problems that originate from higher up in society, does that make sense? I think it’s interesting that the show touched on that even if they aren’t going all the way with it.

i have so many things to say.. yet many things i don't even wanna talk about... lol

as a fan of BTS, who's promoting their Love Yourself trilogy & about to go on tour lmao 

MR rejecting DKS is a perfect example of what BTS music is all about

you have to learn to love yourself before loving anyone else

without truly accepting who you are as a person, it will become very difficult to be loved by someone who sees you for who you are

we have to stick together to get through this week before Friday cuz for some reason this week is taking longer than usual T--T

4 hours ago, kodomonojikan said:

This was the one and only kiss so it worries me that this is all we'll get for KS and MR.  I would rather they share a quick 1second peck on the lips or a kiss to the forehead than hold a kiss where the lips are just partially touching for 15 seconds. 

Oh no! This is my least favorite kind of kiss, too. Lettuce pray that MIIGB doesn’t do this to us. :lol:

Does anyone know who decides these things? Like, is it always up to the director? Would the actors request a particular type of kiss? Or might the network or Eunwoo’s management demand it?

2 hours ago, kangminjae said:

Does anyone know who decides these things? Like, is it always up to the director? Would the actors request a particular type of kiss? Or might the network or Eunwoo’s management demand it?

I think it could be all of the above and they consider factors like story line, the age of the actors, age of the characters, target audience of the drama, etc. 

A lot of dramas have this kiss as the initial one in an early episode for scenes like the accidental kiss where they just happen to fall on each other lips :D, the forced kiss or just the unexpected kiss. But there’s usually more realistic ones that come later. 

I’ve seen behind the scenes where the PD/director is advising the actors that it will be a realistic kiss or directing them not to move their lips. It’s funny when they automatically purse their lips. :lol:

1 minute ago, pad-hari said:

Here' s the instagram update from ISY.  this the same dress they are wearing when holding hands.  They are so comfortable with each other.

I love them so much! :wub: Hopefully their comfort level means that their cutesy couple scenes will feel very natural... and that we won’t have kissing scene blues. 

38 minutes ago, pad-hari said:

Here' s the instagram update from ISY.  this the same dress they are wearing when holding hands.  They are so comfortable with each other.

Soo cute:wub:

They r really comfortable n close with each other now.. ISH is very cute:kiss_wink: they r talking abt some stuff

I think they are congrajulating the whole crew for the increase in ratings and saying they are very happy for the first time after started filming for the drama coz of the ratings increase.  

I have got some article.  It says SWOT analysis for the episodes so far aired by some reporter.  I ll post both the original article in korean and also the naver translation.

Spoiler

풋풋한 캠퍼스 로맨스에 설렌다.

JTBC 금토극 '내 아이디는 강남미인'은 진짜 아름다움을 추구하는 여주인공 임/수/향(강미래)을 중심으로 벌어지는 로맨스다.

캠퍼스물은 다소 유치하다는 지적이 있는 것도 사실. '내 아이디는 강남미인'도 그런 면에서 유치하게 볼 맛이 있다. 다만 너무 지지부진한 러브 라인 탓에 이제 종방까지 4회밖에 남지 않았는데 언제 임/수/향과 차/은/우(도경석)가 손잡고 캠퍼스를 거닐지 걱정된다.

종방을 앞두고 시청률은 계속 상승, 12회는 자체 최고인 5.4%를 기록했다. 두 자릿수는 힘들겠지만 7%를 돌파할 수 있을지 관건이다. '내 아이디는 강남미인'의 SWOT 분석을 해 봤다.

Strength(강점)

소재가 신선하다. 그저 몰려다니며 연애만 하는 뻔한 캠퍼스물이 아닌 아름다움에 대한 상처가 있는 여자 주인공을 보며 벌어지는 다양한 에피소드를 담는다. 특히 임/수/향의 캐스팅은 최적화돼 있다. 극 중에서도 '강남미인'은 예쁜 사람이 아닌 성형을 많이 한 미인으로 설명된다. 임/수/향이 처음 캐스팅됐다는 소식이 들렸을 때 싱크로율 100%라고 좋아했다. 연령대가 맞지 않을 것 같다는 우려도 있었지만 연기력으로 승부했다. 정말 얄미운 조/우/리(현수아)나 대학교에 있을 법한 훈남 조교 곽/동/연(연우영), 아름다운 박/주/미(나혜성)까지 원작과 캐릭터 싱크로율이 매우 높다.

Weakness(약점)

전개가 너무 늘어지는 경향이 없지 않다. 16회 중 12회나 진행됐는데 아직도 임/수/향과 차/은/우는 서로에 대한 마음만 알고 있고 정식으로 교제하지 않고 있다. 조/우/리는 여전히 그들의 곁을 맴돌며 무슨 짓을 할까 궁리하고 있을 뿐. 여기에 곽/동/연이 임/수/향에게 고백하며 관계는 더더욱 꼬였다. '이제 그만하고 남은 시간 동안 둘의 로맨스를 보고 싶다'는 시청자들의 의견이 지배적이다. 또한 차/은/우는 사실상 처음으로 정극 연기에 도전했다. 지난해 'ㅊㄱㅇ ㅎㅂ'에 출연했지만 이 정도의 비중은 아니었다. '얼굴 천재'로 불릴 만큼 외모는 완벽하다. 뭘 먹고 자랐나 싶을 정도로 잘생겼지만 연기는 아직 많이 배워야 한다.

Opportunity(기회) 

상승세가 좋다. 남은 4회의 내용이 시청자들이 원하는 방향으로 흘러간다면 모두가 웃으며 종방연을 맞을 수 있다. 가장 바라는 기회는 임/수/향과 차/은/우의 불붙는 로맨스다. 삼각관계를 하루빨리 정리하고 둘의 사랑을 보여 주는 것이 가장 좋다. 또한 내면의 아름다움·외모지상주의를 지양하는 것을 강조한 드라마인 만큼 마지막까지 취지를 이어 가야 한다. 결국 성형수술을 해 바뀐 얼굴이 최고라는 식의 결론이 아니어야 한다는 설명. 제대로 한번 방긋 웃지 않은 차/은/우가 앞으로 어떻게 달라질지도 드라마의 인기가 상승하는 기회가 될 수 있다.

Threat(위협)

가장 위협적인 존재는 전/현/무다. 동 시간대 방송되는 금토 MBC 예능 'ㄴ ㅎㅈ ㅅㄷ' 'ㅈㅈㅈ ㅊㄱ ㅅㅈ' 모두 전/현/무가 출연하기 때문. 물오를 대로 오른 두 예능이기에 방송만 되면 포털 사이트 검색어를 장악하며 그 파급력을 보여 주고 있다. 'ㄴ ㅎㄴ ㅅㄷ'는 14%까지 치솟았고 'ㅈㅈㅈ ㅊㄱ ㅅㅈ'은 두 자릿수를 노리고 있다. 지난 1일 2018 자카르타-팔렘방아시안게임 남자 축구 결승전 때문에 'ㅈㅈㅈ ㅊㄱ ㅅㅈ'이 결방됐고, '내 아이디는 강남미인'은 최고시청률을 기록했다.

김진석 기자

Here's the naver translationcited by the fresh campus romance.

Excited by the fresh campus romance.

JTBC's "My Id is a gangnam beauty" is a romance centered on the heroine Im/Su/Hyang (Kang Mi-rae), who pursues real beauty.

Some point out that campus is rather childish. My ID is also childish in that respect. However, it is worrisome when Lim/Su/yang and Cha/Eun/Wu (Dogyeongseok) will join hands to walk on campus, only four times until the end due to the sluggish love line.

The ratings continued to rise and the 12th episode recorded its highest of 5.4 percent. The number of double digits may be difficult, but the question is whether the number will surpass 7 percent. My ID did a SWOT analysis of "Gangnam Beauty."

Strongness

The material is fresh. The story is about various episodes of a female protagonist who has a scar on her beauty, not just a campus where she is in a crowd. Casting for Im/Su/Hyang is especially optimized. In the drama, "Gangnam-min-min-min-min-min-min-min-in" is not a pretty person, but rather a woman with many sexual acts. When I heard that Im/Su/hyang had been cast for the first time, I liked the synchronized rate 100%. Although there were concerns that the age range would not match, he played with his acting skills. The original character is also very high, including Jo/Woo/Lee (present) or Hunnam Jo-kyo Kwak/Dong/Yeon (Youn-Youn), and beautiful Park/Ju/mi (Na Hye-sung).

Weakness

There is a tendency for deployment to be too long. Twelve of the 16 sessions were held, but Lim/Su/yang and Cha/Eun/Wu are still aware of each other's feelings and are not in formal contact. Joe/Wow/We are still wondering what to do with them. In addition, Kwak/Dong/Yeon confessed to Im/Su/Hyang, further strained relations. Viewers have a dominant opinion that they want to see their romance for the rest of their time. Also, tea/silver/woo challenged the performance for the first time. He appeared in "ᄎ" last year, but this was not the weight of the movie. His appearance is so perfect that he is called a "face genius." He is handsome enough to think of what he grew up with, but he still needs to learn a lot of acting.

Opportunity 

have a good upturn If the remaining four episodes go in the direction that viewers want, everyone can laugh and have a chance to end. The most desired opportunity is the burning romance between Im/Su/Hyang and Cha/Eun/Woo. It's best to organize the love triangle as soon as possible and show their love. It is also a drama that emphasizes the elimination of inner beauty and externalism, so it should continue to the end. It should not be the conclusion that the face changed after plastic surgery is the best." A car/silver/woo that is not even funny can be an opportunity for the drama to gain popularity.

Threat

The most threatening is the former/current/mu. This is because all the MBC entertainment programs "ᄂ ᄌ ᄌᄌᄌ" and "ᄎ ᄉᄌ ᄃ" that are aired during the same time period all appear in Jeon/Hyun/Mu. As the two entertainment functions have risen to the peak of the current wave, they are dominating the portal's search word whenever they are broadcast. 'ᄂ' soared to 14 percent and 'ᄌᄌᄌ' is aiming for double digits. The men's soccer finals at the 2018 Jakarta-Palem Spring Asian Games ended the game, and my ID recorded the highest viewing rate.

Kim Jin-seok

What are those two MBC programs the reporter is talking about in the last paragraph?  was it some finale our soompiers talking about due to which the friday ratings went down?  

EDIT:

Here is the instagram video update from some fan for hand holding scene filming.:love::wub:

13 hours ago, darr said:

Do you know that before this drama, I thought Iim soon hyang  did plastic surgery:lol: 

Watched her last family drama and she looks so flawless. She is very beautiful. They chose well but I'm always uncomfortable when the age gap is too much. Cos it restricts cute moments. I'm not surprised they are drawing up scenes to  cover up the much anticipated lovey dovey which should have occurred by now. 

CEW is sometimes in awkward position but MR is helping him out so he can be at ease. Its not easy for him actually.  

I pray production company stop casting actors with big age difference as love interests

They are never comfortable with it. Their potentials as love interests are always under utilised. We want  cute,cute moments. Viewers are mad:D

Director, do something:lol:

I put off watching till they start dating. Watched few clips. 

I disagree totally and think they are pretty comfortable with each other. 

13 hours ago, soesje said:

I actually dont agree with you because at first CEW did seem uncomfortable, but he switched real fast because ISH made the environment more comfortable for him.

Even though their age gap is 7 years i feel like they have so much chemistry..

the tension in their scenes is so hot. It's impossible to have that kind of tension if you have zero chemistry..

I am looking forward to their romantic scenes and im just really praying their kiss will be a good one, so i can watch it a few 100 times:blush:

also regarding CEW and astro

Hide contents

years ago when i was a diehard kpop fan i made a blogpost about the marketing strategy of entertainment companies mainly in korea. I understand that everyone in the group has a certain role and image but i am against the visual/ the face of the group title. 

Because every group that had one member heavely pushed to "promote" the group has failed.. Companies that not only rely on the face of the group but each members personal talents succeeds in one way or another..

for example Suzy and Miss A they had so much potential JYP mainly focused on Suzy group disbanded 

Hyuna and 4minute from the start they put so much promotion towards hyuna that ppl always said hyuna and her back up dancers...

Beyonce and destiny's child and so on and so forth. 

i really hope fantiago will put more effort in pushing the other members of the group rather than just pushing CEW.. because if his group fails i feel like he will feel like he failed in his role while it is actually the companies fault.

and also this marketing strategy really doesn't promote friendship in the teams..

Those groups most likely would have failed if that member was not pushed to begin with.. they push the most popular member because no-one cares for the group or other members.

12 hours ago, darr said:

I'm yet to see actors with wide age gap engage in steamy love scenes in drama especially if it involves young age like CEW. 

I watched an episode of happy together where a young actress had a love scenes with ISH. It was actually a dream come true

People failing to do lovey dovey scene's has really nothing to do with age limit but more to do with bad directors and in general bad actors for that type of drama. 

Goblin had very emotional and well acted scenes between the leads so i think that is a bad argument that drama was never really about lovey dovey scenes. 

He will of course feel awkward because of how age works in Korea where you really respect someone older but you can get past that if your a good actor. 

Korean drama's dont have steamy love scenes at all have you even been watching any Korean drama's , age gap does not restrict that but more so Korea being conservative as well. 

Who was that actress btw? 

9 hours ago, yusefull said:

If you don't know the circumstance of a drama, you shouldn't talk about it.

Warning, I will spoil a little this drama :

Hide contents

The girl was abused when she was young and had a hard time getting close to people. It was a very big step for her.

Yeah most of the times these kisses have a story behind them and people just judge stupidly. 

7 hours ago, kangminjae said:

I agree that Mi Rae needs to hear she’s pretty, which isn’t the issue with what Woo Young said. My issue was more that he suggested no one would like a “not pretty” girl, which validates Mi Rae’s old self-hatred. Kyung Seok may be more attracted to MR now than before, but he still knows not to treat her as an object even when she’s not in front of him. That’s the difference to me and why he is the male lead and not the runner up lol.

As for TY and TH, you’re absolutely right that he wasn’t as physically attracted to her as he let on. But that’s kind of where WY’s theory of “everyone has their type” falls apart. Society’s biases affect personal types, so it’s not just a matter of everyone liking something different. He mentioned “some” people like thinner girls with fairer skin, but fat phobia and racism/colorism are real problems that originate from higher up in society, does that make sense? I think it’s interesting that the show touched on that even if they aren’t going all the way with it.

There are loads of Korean videos on youtube where they interview guys who dont look amazing saying they want pretty and perfect girls etc.. 

6 hours ago, kangminjae said:

Oh no! This is my least favorite kind of kiss, too. Lettuce pray that MIIGB doesn’t do this to us. :lol:

I hate this kiss as well would prefer a peck its the director i guess and most of the times its plot driven like both leads never kissed before etc.. 

4 hours ago, kodomonojikan said:

I think it could be all of the above and they consider factors like story line, the age of the actors, age of the characters, target audience of the drama, etc. 

A lot of dramas have this kiss as the initial one in an early episode for scenes like the accidental kiss where they just happen to fall on each other lips :D, the forced kiss or just the unexpected kiss. But there’s usually more realistic ones that come later. 

I’ve seen behind the scenes where the PD/director is advising the actors that it will be a realistic kiss or directing them not to move their lips. It’s funny when they automatically purse their lips. :lol:

Exactly i think its more director driven rather then age gap. 

17 minutes ago, Wotad said:

I disagree totally and think they are pretty comfortable with each other. 

I agree with your disagreement, lol. They seem to get along very well, and I totally believe that if it were just up to them they would have no problem doing romantic scenes.

To be fair, the show *is* following the webtoon pretty closely, so it's not like they're putting off the romance longer than the comic did.

30 minutes ago, pad-hari said:

The most threatening is the former/current/mu. This is because all the MBC entertainment programs "ᄂ ᄌ ᄌᄌᄌ" and "ᄎ ᄉᄌ ᄃ" that are aired during the same time period all appear in Jeon/Hyun/Mu

Wonder what MBC shows they are talking about here

I think we should all be patient and accept the fact that this drama depicts the webtoon diligently and we MIGHT not get any kiss as we highly anticipated soon. I'm not having high hope about it. High chance is we will get it in the finale, because they kissed in the webtoon on KS's birthday ( which is not mentioned yet so far) and that's at the end of the webtoon. Anyway, I have no complaint. Their interactions and chemistry so far exceed my expectation as the webtoon reader and I love their deep insightful conversation too much that I am not so obsess with their first kiss. If it will only happen in he finale, if they make it as cute and flattering as in the webtoo, I am more than happy.

Spoiler

It's KS birthday and MR was comtemplating on what to buy for his present. She asked him and he said what he wanted is something that cannot be bought and wanted her to think about it. MR somehow had some idea that he wanted a kiss but she was too embarrrased to think much about it. After the birthday date, he was anticipating it and she somehow got the courage to ask him if a kiss is what he had wanted. She gave him a peck and he protested annoyingly and demanded she did it correctly so she went for it and they, well.. finally had a passionate first kiss.

2 minutes ago, kangminjae said:

@amisyka77 That is adorable, but I would not at all be angry if they move that up to episode 15 lol, and then do the extra chapters in episode 16.

Haha...if they make it in ep 14 or 15, I am more than elated. Who know if they would be generous  for us hungry audience. Just hate to up my hope too high. 

Archived