[Drama 2018] The Guest, 손

jeijei

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, sushilicious said:

Based on what I see, I honestly don’t think HP will ask CY to do exorcism anymore, instead he is going to sacrifice himself legit. He would rather die than watching CY and GY die, because I believe he still feel guilty about what had happened in the past.

Hide contents

Hwa Pyung is just a little injured butterfly who wants to protect his friends and family despite knowing the fact that it can get him killed. He is willing to die for others...You can see, when you watch Gil Young talking to Hwa Pyung as Hwa Pyung ask her to protect Choi Yoon. That is his inner emotions coming out.shipping aside, he really cares a lot for Choi Yoon...

Oh yes.. 

I teared up during that conversation!

HP is prepared and ready. :tears:

Not to forget.. that stab wound. Just how much pain is he enduring till the final showdown?

I need to add another question!

WHY PY STILL WARNS CY ABOUT HP?! 

That is what I wanted to know too.

I don’t think that PY is lying when he talks about HP, why would he lie and or still warn CY when PY’s deeds are already out and opened?Knowing full fact that CY will not believe him as well. Why is he so persistent?

It makes me wonder if HP have anything that is still hidden, maybe that is why PY warns CY about HP.

PS @mrsj3n I think I have problems, in which I told you to let it flow, yet I myself is doing the exact opposite. :rolleyes: 

*right eye burns*

25 minutes ago, mrsj3n said:

Oh yes.. 

I teared up during that conversation!

HP is prepared and ready. :tears:

Not to forget.. that stab wound. Just how much pain is he enduring till the final showdown?

It might be a red herring to keep us guessing. How about GY dying? Not sure why, but KDs have come up with some off beat endings before.

18 minutes ago, maribella said:

It might be a red herring to keep us guessing. How about GY dying? Not sure why, but KDs have come up with some off beat endings before.

Well, I think GY won’t die. She was never a gifted or trained child to begin with, not like the other two. She is just someone who seemingly enters the situation without any connections to PID in the first place. (Before her mother died) I think PID would want to kill the boys more than GY.

Btw a combined version for all of the guest ost tracks. If anyone is interested.

Can I say there is one track called Mom’s dead? *chills*

21 minutes ago, maribella said:

come to think of it, it’s possible that GY would end up dead. I mean, everything’s possible when it comes to this drama and Park Il Do’s obsession with the boys - ok mainly Hwa Pyung - aside, she doesn’t have to die because he wants her dead, I mean he’s been killing left and right for god knows why so we basically don’t need any concrete reason IF she should end up killed. It will be a blow to the boys though... :tears:

I like the climax of possession apocalypse btw, dunno why you guys feel disappointed. Destroying Park Il Do would end it all, it's like a last terror or war or chaos you watch in the fantasy movie or the end of shounen mangas arc I read. Of course, the last episode tonight must answer the mystery although the duration is shorter than how to defeat Park Il Do.

2 hours ago, mrsj3n said:

4. Where is YG?????

4. Father Yang has said he thrown Yugwang's body to the sea.

1 hour ago, sushilicious said:

5.Who Is PID?!

6.Why kidnapped Gramps?

5. I think his identity is clear. He's an evil human, psychopath, and ended being a strong evil spirit who lead other spirits inferior than him. What isn't clear is.... is he possessing Father Yang or always in Hwa Pyung?

6. To attract Hwa Pyung following him to Gyengyajin. Father Yang must want something in him. Probably to move PID from himself to Hwa Pyung (if PID was possessing him) or release PID from super psychic's body (if PID was still in Hwa Pyung); all scenarios are the goal to be more powerful. And it's near the sea where Park Il Do killed himself.

Pardon, may I ask, is The Guest movie a sequel of the drama or the movie version of the drama? These are two different things.

Movie version of the drama probably would be a remake or reboot (high chance played by different actor/actress) but if it's a sequel, Jdrama does this a lot with the same actor/actress. And if it was a sequel, prepare for cliffhanger or unanswered mystery. I watched Jdrama with title "BORDER" played by Shun Oguri, total in 9 eps, but last eps isn't really the ending. And it's resolved in the movie (or special episode??) published a year later, the story is directly continued from the end of final eps of the drama. Same goes with Nodame Cantabile live action, after two seasons of drama, the story really ended in the 2nd movie following the manga. Great Teacher Onizuka also released a movie a year after the drama ended, but the story is just additional adventure of the main character. Those are just examples, I'd like to watch any movie of The Guest.

19 minutes ago, pamperedpanda said:

come to think of it, it’s possible that GY would end up dead. I mean, everything’s possible when it comes to this drama and Park Il Do’s obsession with the boys - ok mainly Hwa Pyung - aside, she doesn’t have to die because he wants her dead, I mean he’s been killing left and right for god knows why so we basically don’t need any concrete reason IF she should end up killed. It will be a blow to the boys though... :tears:

PID feeds on death. That’s why so many people died. He wants an Army in both the physical world and the spirit world. PID have received what he wanted, power, but now he is getting ready to get back to the physical world, through a vessel.

@jouleoppa nothing more had been said as of now. It’s just a consideration. But by them saying that at least The Guest have a chance for a sequel of some sorts.

@sushilicious

tumblr_ph9vds38Sc1sebjtuo5_250.gif

*pat pat* there there... I feeeel you.

I have so much more questions on my head too.

I re watched episode 1. I still can't find what we missed out that happened in 20 years ago.

To be honest, I do not think Father Yang is possessed at all.

My theory is that he welcomed the Devil with his open arms and perhaps were given "powers" by PID for worshipping him.

In episode 15, he doesn't look possessed at all.

The aura that he gave me in episode 15 is like a man who is sick of the world.

Something wrongful happened to him when young hence the hatred to humanity? For him to denounce his belief in God?

@maribella that will come as a complete shock if that is the ending as no one predicted that she will be sacrifice.

@jouleoppa that's the thing. :sweatingbullets:

Should we believe him or not? 

Our leads are really busy actors so I don't think they will commit for a season 2 drama and also I am not sure the writer has got so much material left to stretch it for another 16 or 12 eps. I will be more than happy if they does a drama but it rarely happens in kdrama. Well, I know there are Voice season 1 and 2 (and 3 coming) and also Gods Quiz but we also have dramas like Liars Game. 

I watched ep 15 but even in his full devilish-glory Priest Yang didn't made me scared. But I had goosebumps watching Yoon's nightmare scene. *shudders*

I just saw a funny comment through my other sources, thought that I would share it here:

Literal Translation

”you know who is Hwa Pyung’s true love? It’s park ll do, ever since episode one he has been wanting him. Because park Il  do couldn’t get Hwa Pyung, he uses dirty tricks to get Hwa Pyung closes to himself.”

:joy: I love this comment so much. This is so true if you look at it this way! Haha

7. [+23,-0]
Having one person getting possessed was more goosebumps-inducing and scarier than getting a whole group of zombies appearing~ I didn't like it when the group of zombies appeared. 

Besides that kimchi comment which got me laughing.

I think the team knows that last night's episode was disappointing for the fans. From the comments here to the K-Netz. It's most likely they were frantically editing today's episode to give it more oommphhh

An episode suitable for 19 years and above. Not the usual 15+

Eeekkkk....

Although I still prefer HP...I can't help but stare at the beautiful smile on............Mateo....:wub:

Just now, Dramanoona said:

Haha.

It might be too much for me too.

I may not be able to censor some words later. LOL.

I am praying now for clear connection. And hopefully Mateo has helped my prayers....

Haha be as open as ever if you need too. But not sure if it's allowed or not but yeah ahaha

34 minutes ago, sushilicious said:

Haha be as open as ever if you need too. But not sure if it's allowed or not but yeah ahaha

Lol!

@Dramanoona Just type away... it will be auto censored and change to "Richard Simmons".... lol lol

A joke. When I first joined, I was wondering who is Richard Simmons till I typed a cursed word and realised.. it auto changed! 

Lol

18 minutes ago, mrsj3n said:

Lol!

@Dramanoona Just type away... it will be auto censored and change to "Richard Simmons".... lol lol

A joke. When I first joined, I was wondering who is Richard Simmons till I typed a cursed word and realised.. it auto changed! 

Lol

Wow haha never knew that haha.2hrs more! 

Btw, do you mean the word Richard Simmons or a picture of Richard Simmons?

52 minutes ago, sushilicious said:

@Dramanoona I too prefer HP, but Mateo is pretty good too :wub:

Let us all pray for your connection to work smoothly today! Thank you in advance for your upcoming recap by the way haha

tumblr_pfv7s04a431tmjt2ko1_540.gif

I prefer Mateo aka Kim jae wook all the way.:heart:  Hopefully the actor will take non-priestly/non-celibate character next time. 

So everybody will be camping here tonight, right? Usually I wait for the eps to be uploaded and watch even if its raw. This time I will rely on dramanoona. Jal puthakhamnida:)

Guest aoikarin

Surprisingly I like ep 15.. I guess The GUEST's crew and PD's were celebrating Halloween too by casting up  themselves in the show as zombified Gyeyangjin villagers :joy: It was fun though.. I screamed one or two over hyperacting possessed cop and the lady who sharpened her own finger..:scream: 

And there are some beautiful moments as well..

1. Hwa Pyung's request to GY for saving CY (Proof HP's love for CY! My ship sailed!:kiss_wink:

2. CY's is praying under the moonlight and his conversation with HP about the curse.. both KJW and KDW were looked super gorgeous!

3. The scene of the trio in the car found out each other situations:  GY was a suspended cop, CY was a runaway priest, HP's was jobless and no more YG who used to feed him. This scene showing their determination for fighting PID, leaving all behing. The last battle. 

I feel so hopeless seeing them in unfavorable condition too, stabbed, injured HP and Sick and cursed CY, powerless suspended cop GY.  However, despite of looking very weak and hopeless fighting against PID, the trio has stronger bond than ever. They have full trust for each other, no space for PID to plant more seed of doubt and suspicious for the trio fought against each other.. So the prophecy about the trio will kill each other was totally A LIE told by the evil spirit. And I think CY's faith for GOD will break free the curse. He'll survived. And as for HP... I think he will trap and seal PID into his own body. I really wish his psychic's ability will enable him to survive. #stayalivehp

Archived