[Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] Royal Nirvana 鹤唳华亭

sugarplum892

They were going to film a horse-riding scene i.e.without dialogue so JH wondered why they would be strapping a mike on him later. He asked if it was because he was expected to talk to the horse.

The staff explained it was to record the sounds of horse riding. JH said he could dub the sound instead (started mimicking the sound).

A staff said horse riding must be fun. JH replied that the problem with horses was they could tell whether you could ride once you got on them. If you could ride, they would behave. If you couldn’t, they would start misbehaving. In the end he said he would fully cooperate with wearing the mike, just that he had nothing to say to the horse. :joy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

2 hours ago, bluehibiscus said:

In the novel, they met after she became a maid/spy and her family had already been destroyed. She never told him her real identity.

That woman at 50s should be his other concubine. In the novel, he had a few concubines. One of them became the Crown Princess after the first one died.

Like other commentators, I’m now pissed with CP. Perhaps WX is better off with ZhaoYun. He’s silly and idiotic, but harmless.

CP doesn’t deserve WX. I still can’t believe he doesn’t recognize this “BIG” love of his, his supposed soulmate. 

How did WX end up as his concubine?  Did he scheme for it?  I hope at least he had to WORK HARD for it since he’s put her through so much. I’m having a second lead syndrome with 5th Prince since CP is such an a-hole. I was shocked he whacked her back SO HARD when she was weeping in front of the deceased CPrincess. 

• Like 1

Youtube playlist of BTS collection:

Interesting points that Li Yitong shared:

1) They did live recording during the shoot so the studio was very quiet

2) They played with caterpillars

3) JH liked to stick to LJ on the set so LJ gave him a nickname called Sticky Monster (粘粘怪)

• Like 4

In the novel, he was already married with a few concubines and the first Crown Princess had already died before he met Wenxi. In the drama adaptation, it appears that they have kept certain characters while adding new ones (Shaoyun and Jiang do not exist in the novel). I am sure they will provide a good reason for why he is going to have concubines. I really, really like the acting, the music, the cinematography as well as how well the costumes were made so I am still giving it a chance.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, DramaLover said:

How did WX end up as his concubine?  Did he scheme for it?  I hope at least he had to WORK HARD for it since he’s put her through so much. I’m having a second lead syndrome with 5th Prince since CP is such an a-hole. I was shocked he whacked her back SO HARD when she was weeping in front of the deceased CPrincess. 

In the novel, he knew Wenxi was a spy but he still married her.

I’m not sure if I should provide the spoiler about 5th Prince.

I agree the part where he hit her looked bad but I think we should try to understand he had just lost his wife and child all of a sudden and she was the most likely suspect.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, bluehibiscus said:

I agree the part where he hit her looked bad but I think we should try to understand he had just lost his wife and child all of a sudden and she was the most likely suspect.

Oh no... don’t tell me 5P is a baddie....No!! 

So he was attracted to Gu Neiren like CPrincess suspected, since he married her even when he’s suspicious. So much happening in this drama. Still can’t imagine all will be revealed Thursday. Can’t wait! 

42 minutes ago, DramaLover said:

Like other commentators, I’m now pissed with CP. Perhaps WX is better off with ZhaoYun. He’s silly and idiotic, but harmless.

CP doesn’t deserve WX. I still can’t believe he doesn’t recognize this “BIG” love of his, his supposed soulmate. 

I was shocked too when he hit her back. But please dont hate our crown prince. The director will definitely find reasons for WX and us to forgive him. I m still looking forward to the long awaited happy and sweet moments. 

I read about 5th prince but cant imagine yet. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DramaLover said:

Still can’t imagine all will be revealed Thursday. Can’t wait! 

You really think it will be revealed this week? From the previews I don't have that impression. I think maybe by next Monday's episodes instead.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, aafa83 said:

You really think it will be revealed this week? From the previews I don't have that impression. I think maybe by next Monday's episodes instead.

I wrote earlier that I don’t think the reunion will be so soon based on what has happened so far but many people are saying it should be this Thu. Even if it doesn’t happen, I will be happy with the promised sweet moments.

• Like 1

According to ancient Chinese customs, royal marriages have to be granted by the Emperor’s decree. He is unwilling to let CP marry WX as Crown Princess because her family is close to Li Ming An. He doesn’t want to lose his loyal subordinate LMA to CP faction. He would not approve of this marital alliance that undermines his own political power. In the drama, it would not be possible for WX to marry CP under her original status because of Emperor’s restriction.

As @bluehibiscus explained: in the novel, WX identity was never revealed and she was always Gu Ah Bao. Similarly in the drama, it’s possible for GAB to marry CP as concubine if WX’s original identity is kept under wraps. However, her servant status would restrict her from being Crown Princess. In the end, it’s not clear how their relationship will progress in the drama as it has deviated from the novel.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, DramaLover said:

4 hours ago, bluehibiscus said:

Oh no... don’t tell me 5P is a baddie

Spoiler

I might be wrong in this one, but I heard that he is covets the throne as much as his brother and wants to fight for it.

This Jiang lady sure will help him scheme what he wants now that chancellor guy is dead is what I think

I'm probably going to be stepping on a few toes here, but I'm genuinely quite surprised at how many people are mad at CP for treating WX the way he did - not that i'm agreeing with it. I feel like we're looking at it from a very modern perspective, even though such master-servant relationships shouldn't really exist at all in this day and age. 

Spoiler

As far as CP is concerned, WX is just another servant. We've seen so far that he generally treats his own servants well and would develop quite amicable relationships with them. He only gets pissed off when he has reason to be and scolds his servants when he has the need to (and this is all very fitting for this sort of time period), but otherwise he is not exactly sadistic or abusive. As for WX, she already seemed suspicious as heck from the moment he met her. His first impression of her was probably "absent-minded" and "presumptuous" for disrupting the flow of his wedding (by dropping the scissors) and telling the crown princess about his personality when they had never even met before, respectively. 

IMO, she hasn't acted like a servant very successfully thereafter - she's just too bold in her actions, and it has been interesting to see how CP responded to this. If he knew she was WX from the beginning, there is no way he would've treated her the way he would treat a servant overstepping her boundaries on far too many occasions. His feelings for her haven't dampened. At this point, all he probably cares about in regards to her situation is that she is likely to be safe, even if he couldn't guarantee the safety of her family.  

When he finds out, I wouldn't find it very realistic to see him grovel and beg for forgiveness. I can see him being shocked, concerned, disappointed and guilty though, because he didn't  realise sooner that it was her and that not only did he not manage to keep her safe, but he was also partly responsible for the pain she experienced. I imagine he'll also want to know why the heck she didn't tell him who she was.

• Like 7

10 hours ago, bluehibiscus said:
13 hours ago, rosierosie said:

Will we see CP become King??? I'm still far behind, but love all the posts^^!!

I don’t think the story will go as far as that. The novel itself is a tragedy so while the drama has deviated from it in some ways, the main themes haven’t changed much. I think the best HE we can hope for is CP doesn’t die and our OTP can still be together.

I asked this question before but I’m not sure where my post went. Here it goes again

what do you guys think CP wanted in his life.

to be powerful emperor or to live away from palace with his family peacefully ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, galea said:

I'm probably going to be stepping on a few toes here, but I'm genuinely quite surprised at how many people are mad at CP for treating WX the way he did - not that i'm agreeing with it. I feel like we're looking at it from a very modern perspective, even though such master-servant relationships shouldn't really exist at all in this day and age. 

Reveal hidden contents

Even though I hate his behavior towards FL And get mad at him.But I don’t hate him. I hope he rectifies his mistake when he learns of it and makes up for it.

After all he is ML whom we want him to succeed and have is HappyEnding.