[Drama 2018] Bad Papa, 배드파파 - 2018 Grimae Awards for Best Actor & Best Drama

Prettysup

The next few episodes will bring us some unexpected twist about the ceo, I think.

That fighter against Jc was known to be the best ground fighter that is u better not let him put u down. Jc was avoiding that in the fight but still he got pull down! That arm twist.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, kohnlee said:

And I have a feeling that man who died from the pills, his Son May Not be biological? Otherwise I can’t think of why the Mother refused any DNA test? 

Yeah his son is definitely not his biological child, that's why the wife refused the DNA test since last week. But what I couldn't understand was how come she does not know about her husband's tattoo? Perhaps he just got it recently?

And they also did not explain why JC not take the blue pill this match when he still has 5 left ??

Btw I really love Yong-dae, the love he shows towards JC.

51 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

Yeah his son is definitely not his biological child, that's why the wife refused the DNA test since last week. But what I couldn't understand was how come she does not know about her husband's tattoo? Perhaps he just got it recently?

And they also did not explain why JC not take the blue pill this match when he still has 5 left ??

Btw I really love Yong-dae, the love he shows towards JC.

Ya I’m loving YD too, is not about just making money but making friends and caring for others too.

The tattoo - I think she hide it, she knew he has it but hide it. I don’t know why yet but I’ve got this feeling. 

15 hours ago, purplebass said:

guess that SJ followed JC's career and what if she suggested MW to try boxe because she had already seen JC's fight? Because there are many sports around, so was it a coincidence or not? Ironically and coincidentially, JC trained in the same gym MW went to. I don't think SJ went there to watch MW train, but in the hopes to see her idol JC, which is cute. I hope we get more flashbacks because I want to see how JC fell for his wife. Like you, I didn't see him moved too much when he first saw her, but maybe he was trying to act composed. It's possible he find her attractive and then things went from there because he liked her personality. We'll see.

I also think that it is not a coincidence. When she ran out of home, feeling upset that her father threw away her books, she was holding the black cover book (with the circular burnt mark). Then she saw JC on TV. Later on when she met MW, I can see her holding the book again. I think she already liked  or admired JC then and that was why she suggested MW to try boxing..

I wonder if she was the one who made the first move. Hope to see more flashbacks from JC's perspective. It will be so sweet.

20 hours ago, kohnlee said:

feel that JC wanted to divorce was to release her from the pain she had endured while she is married to him. He felt that he couldn’t help her but drag her down together with him, inferior complex, maybe. 

I think he is not aware that his wife actually liked him even before he got famous.. After MW said his lie, maybe It got JC wondering if his wife really got married with him because of his money?  Furthermore, after they dated, they got married so fast, like 3 days? It seems fast for him but she has already loved him for years.

37 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

Looks like our Papa loves this scene himself too

I love his coach and YD..they genuinely care a lot about him. I like what the coach said to him..he really gave up too easily when it comes to affairs of the heart. He is so tough on the outside..but so soft and fragile inside...(soft spot for friends and fathers ...)

Bad Papa Episodes 15-16 Recap

Posted on 10/31/2018 by KJT (aka kjtamuser) — Leave a comment

Bad Papa Episodes 15-16 “You Who Came Spilling Blood”

A teenage girl comes home to find her drunk father has throw out all her books. He tells her there’s no use dreaming of going to law school. Anger, the girl flips the ramen into her father lap. She heads outside to the dumpster where she finds her books. She picks out one and reads the passages about poverty.

Continue reading here https://kjtamusings.wordpress.com/2018/10/31/bad-papa-episodes-15-16-recap/

bp_ep8_5101.jpg?w=605&h=308

6 hours ago, kohnlee said:

Oh no! This looks dangerous!!

He can pull himself up so easily!  Really strong arms. I think JC will appear on the news again because of this brave deed. Maybe that little girl whom he saved from the burning bus might be able to recognise him this time. Yeah! Our hero JC.:)

10 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

No Bad Papa broadcast next Monday due to baseball match.

There will be 4 consecutive episodes (2 hours) broadcast on Tuesday

Is MBC becoming a sports channel??  So fed up by their changes in Bad Papa schedule and the VLIVE event is such a disappointment... Just a 28 second clip from the last ep...why use VLIVE for that??? 

13 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

Is MBC becoming a sports channel??  So fed up by their changes in Bad Papa schedule and the VLIVE event is such a disappointment... Just a 28 second clip from the last ep...why use VLIVE for that??? 

MBC has been loosing it lately. If they'll keep postponing the drama they would loose the little remaing viewers. 

And what on earth that v live clip was? :unamused:

'Bad Papa' Jang Hyuk behind-the-scene action filming released

In MBC’s drama ‘Bad Papa’ which airs every Monday and Tuesday night at 10:00 p.m., Jang Hyuk plays the role of defeated boxer Yoo Ji-cheol. He portrays a man who gets his hand on a mysterious new drug after losing all his fame and money with harsh actions and deep emotions.

Jang Hyuk's ‘action machine’ is becoming more intense as the series goes on, and is drawing much attention. From 18 hours action filming to climbing a third floor wall without wires, there is no end to his passion.

◆ No stand-in, bare fist completion of underground fight

In the fourth episode of ‘Bad Papa’, Yoo Ji-cheol (Jang Hyuk) disregarded his morality and went into the ring of a gambling match in order to earn money for his family's rent. As the character wore a mask to hide his identity, it could have been easily done using a stand-in. But Jang Hyuk decided to play every scene personally in order to fully express the character’s complex emotions whose comeback was only made possible with the help of a new drug. In the end, a deep action scene with mixed emotions was completed beautifully.

gYjaq8kqqzLA636767591826945499.jpg

◆ No giving up, 18 hours of realistic MMA fight

In the 16th episode of ‘Bad Papa’, Yoo Ji-cheol had to play a match with only five pills left. In this scene, not only did he he had to depict the state of a person who is emotionally and physically desperate, but it has also to be captured by the camera realistically. So even though it was a very complicated and difficult scene, Jang Hyuk did the filming without giving up or compromising. It took 18 hours for the perfect combination to complete, and even after sustaining an ankle injury, Jang Hyuk pushed on till the end to complete the spectacular scene and received a standing ovation from the staff present.

bTqxSfyKLRlG636767591898039247.jpg

◆ NO wires, for the expression of emotions

While filming a not-yet aired scene, Jang Hyuk carried out a bold challenge of climbing up the third floor without wires. He has to save a life, but he cannot use the new medicine, so he climbs up the wall with a burning sense of duty. In the beginning part of the shooting, Jang Hyuk carried out the scene with safety wires, but he expressed his desire to show movements without wires in order to express certain emotions. After Jang Hyuk received safety instructions and the crew installed other safeguards to minimize the risk, he climbed the third floor wall without wires, displaying his passion for performing action scenes.

34BBHgxfr3Lh636767592256323186.jpg

"Jang-hyuk literally burns every scene," the production crew said. "He studied the script thoroughly and deeply penetrated the emotions of the character. I hope you'll continue to watch ‘Bad Papa’ which will be full of reversals in the second half"

Meanwhile, netizens on various social networks sites commented that  "It is a funny and touching drama", "Jang Hyuk, I hope you take good care of yourself!" "Jang Hyuk feels like he is the real person." I will be continuing watching this great drama“ etc. 

http://enews.imbc.com/News/RetrieveNewsInfo/246801

Dostoevsky’s Crime and Punishment Echoes in Bad Papa

NOVEMBER 2, 2018 by JOAN VOS MACDONALD

The solution to all of Jang Hyuk’s problems in Bad Papaseem to be money, but every time he makes the choice to take the money, despite the risks, he ignores the potential for his choice to end badly. His character Yoo Ji Cheol grew up poor and became a mixed martial arts fighter. After a meteoric rise, he fought in a match everyone thought was fixed, stopped fighting, then became a detective, who took bribes that ultimately got him kicked out. His family has suffered,  but it’s as much about the debt as it is his poor self image. He’s sure that if he could pay the bills on time, everything would magically work out in his relationships with his wife, an aspiring writer, and his daughter, a talented dancer.

Desperate for cash after he’s expelled from the police force, he enrolls in a clinical trial for an unproven drug. It kills one of the participants, but oddly it gives Yoo bursts of unparalleled strength that enable him to once again win fights. His new fighting career earns him a good deal of money. Everyone wants to see the has been defeated.

With that money, Yoo buys his wife the house of her dreams but it doesn’t solve their marital problems. He keeps missing what matters. He’s a man so obsessed with what’s lacking, he never stops to appreciate what he does have. He’s also risking his life to end their problems, not stopping to think that, without him, the family’s problems could be so much worse.

Lee Min Woo, played by Ha Joon, is Yoo’s rival in love and battle. He won the fight with Yoo that ended Yoo’s career. He wants Yoo’s wife, and creates a devious plan to woo her, which includes getting her a book deal. It seems like her dream to publish a novel will finally come true, but when Choi Sun Joo, played by Son Yeo Eun, realizes why Lee helped her, she backs out. Her marriage is more important and she chooses her husband.

Lee Min Woo may seem like the villain in this story but if you suspect the story was partly inspired by the Russian novel Crime and Punishment, you realize the real villain is poverty.

A flashback into Choi’s childhood shows that she was also crushingly poor and her family did not encourage her to better herself. As a student her favorite book was Crime and Punishment, a book she read so many times she almost memorized it. The book’s view into the world of literature inspired her to become a writer and pen her novel, You Came To Me Bleeding.

Fyodor Dostoyevsky’s novel is about the moral dilemma of an ex-student who plans a murder for money, hoping to liberate himself from poverty. Dostoevsky was crippled by debt when he wrote the book and he knew how poverty could pervert morality, how it could justify crime.

Jang Hyuk, always a wonderful actor, is accomplished as the morally challenged Yoo Ji Cheol. He plays the character so sympathetically that it’s easy to forgive his failings, even love him. His wife fell for him before she even met him, when she saw him win a fight that everyone thought he would lose. His determination gave her hope at a time when all seemed impossible.

In the Russian novel, the soul of Dostoevsky’s protagonist is redeemed by the love of a good woman.

Will Yoo Ji Yeol win the final fight by cheating? Will the mysterious drug kill him? Will he realize what’s truly valuable in life?

Since this is a k-drama, it will likely end on a more upbeat note than Crime and Punishment. Jang Hyuk may win his fight, with or without the mystery drug. And he may survive the deadly drug. He may also learn that money is not the solution to all the important problems in his life and that he already owns the most valuable thing in life, the love of a good woman.

http://joanvosmacdonald.com/dostoevskys-crime-and-punishment-echoes-in-bad-papa/

Archived