[Drama 2018] Bad Papa, 배드파파 - 2018 Grimae Awards for Best Actor & Best Drama

Prettysup

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with @dramaninja. Now I don't remember if they showed the pictures to JC during the last two episodes (but I think they didn't) but it would be a good reason. I don't think it's because of MW scamming SJ because he already punched him, but maybe he could also hear the recording of MW talking to the editor that his "gf" made SJ listen to. JC doesn't know yet that SJ is aware of MW's manipulation. So in JC style, he would go to beat him up to make him pay and defend his wife's honor.

55 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

Omg! I just finished tonight's episode raw and i love ep 16 so much  !!! The best so far for me. Not going to spoil it for you guys. Go watch it when the subs are out. 

But I saw your IG! 

Spoiler

13 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

Hahaha! Oops. You should avoid IG like @Prettysup if you don't want spoilers.. lol!

But I didn't give away too much...I think.. :lol:

I am trying hard... and also not to read what you guys are posting here hahaha..

Anyway MBC again announced that the broadcast of today's episode will depend on the ending time of the baseball match tonight. 

1540864377882275.jpg

http://www.xportsnews.com/?ac=article_view&entry_id=1036036

:)

Please do not continue reading if you have not watched yesterday's episodes..

I have only watched the eps raw but episode 16 has already touched my heart, made me cry, cringed and many more..

The pace of the story is definitely picking up and I love how the storyline is heading , focusing on the relationship between JC and SJ for now.

When I saw JC handing the divorce notice to SJ right after he had seen the photo posted online, I was rather angry with him. Why did he do this just because of a photo? Didn't he need to listen to her side of the story? But seeing how he held back his tears when he got chided by his coach got me thinking from his perspective. 

He didn't even pick up a big fight with SJ after rushing to MW's office upon hearing that they had gone for a trip together.  Was it because he trusted her, that it was just work? But that photo showed his wife meeting MW for a drink and allowing herself to get drunk in front of MW (of all people).. I don't know..I think he is really heartbroken and convinced that she doesn't love him anymore. No matter what he does, whether he has money or not , doesn't seem to please her..she is not happy with him.. and he doesn't know what to do to make her happy anymore. It's like she didn't care about his feelings at all..so he handed the divorce notice (which she had previously handed to him during their last quarrel) to her, agreeing to her request for a divorce.

But I felt a little sad for her and teared up at the scene when she opened the wardrobe to see all his clothes gone , except for one set of his black t shirt and pants. Has she taken him for granted? Now that he is gone , all the scenes with only her and ES seem so quiet and sad..(No more JC cracking lame jokes )

I am not sure if the synopsis about how JC and SJ met was wrong or they left out important details on purpose. I always thought it was love at first sight for JC .. but the flashback showed something even more interesting..  she already knew him before they met.. The look she gave him was that of adoration, she finally met the person who inspired her not to give up her dream of becoming a writer and whom she admired a lot. I am not sure about JC, it didn't look at love at first sight for him, unless he was trying to act cool. It is so sad to see how her adoration and love for him slowly dwindled or got buried underneath family commitments and responsibilities.

I love how the writer weaved in the scene where their daughter read her book  and kept it.. that means the book will be the key to mending their relationship.

In the end, it was boxing that brought them together, indirectly caused  their marriage to be on the rocks and eventually,  it looks like boxing will rekindle the lost love that she felt toward JC.. I love the last scene which showed how she was touched by JC's determination not to give up , like how he touched her heart many years ago..
Like the OST Merry go round..

3 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

I am not sure if the synopsis about how JC and SJ met was wrong or they left out important details on purpose. I always thought it was love at first sight for JC .. but the flashback showed something even more interesting..  she already knew him before they met.. The look she gave him was that of adoration, she finally met the person who inspired her not to give up her dream of becoming a writer and whom she admired a lot. I am not sure about JC, it didn't look at love at first sight for him, unless he was trying to act cool. It is so sad to see how her adoration and love for him slowly dwindled or got buried underneath family commitments and responsibilities.

I love how the writer weaved in the scene where their daughter read her book  and kept it.. that means the book will be the key to mending their relationship.

In the end, it was boxing that brought them together, indirectly caused  their marriage to be on the rocks and eventually,  it looks like boxing will rekindle the lost love that she felt toward JC.. I love the last scene which showed how she was touched by JC's determination not to give up , like how he touched her heart many years ago..
Like the OST Merry go round..

Yeah I finished watching with subs. So SJ actually loved JC when he was still young and up-coming, and not after he became successful and rich like what MW said. But I am not sure if JC knows that? As for the synopsis saying JC fell in love with her at first sight, maybe the scriptwriter changed it? 

Just finished! This episode is so awesomely saddddd.

This episode gave us more background to Wife which is good. 

The family healing has just started - the dinner they had together, they actually spoke nicely to each other and so on but came that pic. MW made it sounds as though there is something and hey JC may really win MW without pills!  MW deserves to die!! Hate this character! He kept provoking JC!

And Mw kept saying she left him, but the thing is they were never together. 

The look JC gave when he handed her the divorce paper - omg! Soooo sad. 

I feel that JC wanted to divorce was to release her from the pain she had endured while she is married to him. He felt that he couldn’t help her but drag her down together with him, inferior complex, maybe. 

Oh oh no I cried when Wife opens the cupboard and found no clothes inside. My tears couldn’t stop flowing down. 

All papa wanted to do now is to fulfill their dreams. And is good to know they Wife loved JC even before he got those wealth and she was so inspired by him that she wrote the book ‘you who came spilling blood’ , I’m certain the book was about her feelings for JC. 

And I have a feeling that man who died from the pills, his Son May Not be biological? Otherwise I can’t think of why the Mother refused any DNA test? 

And who is more shady??? MW or that ceo? Or both??? 

And I can’t be the only one who felt so satisfied when Wife told MW that they are not going to divorce. 

And folks, he is sooooo good! Jang Hyuk is so good. How did he appear to be in so much pain?!?!?? Amazing actor! I’m a very proud fan.

And this one too!

I need the next episode now! 

Finally watched and I want to know what happens now.

I loved the background on SJ and JC's story because it invalids everything despicable MW has told JC, especially the part that he used to be SJ's boyfriend. SJ liked JC even before they met because he inspired her. This is why she told MW that JC helped her achieve her dream already. SJ's dream was/is to become a writer and JC inspired her first book ever, the one every author keeps closer to their heart. I guess that SJ followed JC's career and what if she suggested MW to try boxe because she had already seen JC's fight? Because there are many sports around, so was it a coincidence or not? Ironically and coincidentially, JC trained in the same gym MW went to. I don't think SJ went there to watch MW train, but in the hopes to see her idol JC, which is cute. I hope we get more flashbacks because I want to see how JC fell for his wife. Like you, I didn't see him moved too much when he first saw her, but maybe he was trying to act composed. It's possible he find her attractive and then things went from there because he liked her personality. We'll see.

In this episode we've confirmed for the 100th time that SJ has never had any feelings for MW and that she rejected him. I think she's always seen as a friend, nothing more, or she would have probably crossed the lovers line like many high school friends do often. MW is bitter that his love was one-sided. More than love, I'd rather call it "liking" because when you love someone, you let them go and accept if they cannot return your feelings. But if after 20 years you are lonely and angry that your crush has been living her life, then you're really delusional and you should try to move on or you won't find love yourself. SJ finally realized that her friendship with MW after her marriage was sort of a mechanical thing. She kept being his friend but on MW's side it was all appearance and no true feelings. He wasn't being her friend, he wanted to "get" her now that he had the money. I loved what SJ said about him, that he is still a child and doesn't understand her situation with JC.

The problem with MW is that he believes that money solve everything. You could argue and say that JC also believes money fix everything, but they see it in different ways. For MW money is the key to let SJ achieve her dream because he can "buy" her happiness, and in his opinion is what would make her calm and not stressed with lots of jobs to do because of her family's previous financial issues. MW doesn't get this "money can buy anything" attitude is fake because it's the easy way to success, and it's frail. SJ also knows that so she cancelled the contract with MW's editor because she doesn't want to become a best-seller author just because her old friend buys 1000 copies of her book. JC also believed money fixed everything after all the hardships his family went through because of his fall. But the difference with JC is that he wants his wife and daughter to use money to buy things they like and be happy, it doesn't matter what they do. I think both JC and MW are similar yet different. JC, in his daughter's words, is closed off emotionally and keeps his emotions to himself. His way to react is to put up a smile and try to be patient. MW reacts with anger and bitter words, endless bitter words that try to manipulate who's hearing him. In the end JC and MW are fighters but they are both insecure of themselves. MW is unsure because he is alone and he feels threatened to lose his title, and JC is unsure because he always feels he hasn't done much for his family. I guess that MW has to lose his title (since he's already "lost" the woman he wanted) and JC has to get his family back to understand.

Speaking of JC's family, it was really sad to see him move alone in the new big house. But I think sooner or later his wife and daughter will follow him there, because I feel like it's SJ that has to make a move and tell him that she loves him, because I think JC believes she doesn't love him anymore. I hated that he accepted the divorce, but like 11 years before I think that's his way to take the blame and let SJ be free to follow her dreams and not be burdened anymore by a failure like him (according to his way of thinking). But SJ knows what JC will come back. I guess YS will help her parents with "You who came spilling blood". Perhaps she'll bring it to her dad and he'll read it and understand in which adoring light his wife has always seen him. And then I think he'll realize that his wife has always believed in him because he has never given up despite the situation wasn't in his favor, and he'll be pushed to do his best for himself and his family. I hope it will be SJ to go to JC because so far it seems she hasn't done much that made JC think she still loved him (besides maybe cooking him rice one day). Or maybe JC and SJ will get back to each other in the same moment.

SJ is 100% at fault for her situation though, the lying did not help, nor did belittling him or you know making a book about is rival.

She made several big mistakes that lead up to this,I really cant  blame or get angry at him.But hse loves him she just has not really shown it most likely for a long time now even after he both the dress and the house.

41 minutes ago, dramaninja said:

SJ is 100% at fault for her situation though, the lying did not help, nor did belittling him or you know making a book about is rival.

She made several big mistakes that lead up to this,I really cant  blame or get angry at him.But hse loves him she just has not really shown it most likely for a long time now even after he both the dress and the house.

Yes. Because I know SJ decided to keep silent about the book gig with MW, the trip and all, but this worsened things. She didn't want JC to get angry and I get it, but their situation was already on the edge of a cliff. It wasn't something that you can hide because the book gig required a long relationship with a man who hates your husband. I think that it's easier for her to get angry and badmouth him because of how things went during the last years of their relationship. When you treat a person like she treats JC, you usually care a lot for them. She's probably afraid of facing her true feelings after bitter years because of the difficulties they had to face. Maybe the key is that she should open her heart to him or she'll be stuck and JC won't return to her for a long time.

One thing unrelated to JC and SJ. I wonder if there's bad blood between the CEO of Zdrop and MW because the CEO holds a grudge against him. Perhaps he knows something about JC's last match against MW that we don't know. I want to believe he's just defending JC and helping him rise from the ashes again, but a part of me is afraid he's just trying to get revenge on him.

Archived