[Drama 2018] Bad Papa, 배드파파 - 2018 Grimae Awards for Best Actor & Best Drama

Prettysup

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, azureblue7 said:

I think or I hope the ending will be like this or even better...

1) JC will not take the pills when he fights with MW. Maybe he will promise to go to the pharmaceutical company voluntarily after the match ends. But not sure if his sneaky CEO would allow him to do so though. 

Whether JC wins the match against MW or not is secondary but he will manage to put up such a strong fight that he will win back his respect from MW and admiration from the public. Like what he has learnt from Young Seon, the result is not important , as long as he has put in his best, and he will have  no regrets and it will be the first time that he finally feels a sense of pride and true joy after a match. 

2)JC will cooperate to develop the new drugs to help people with neuromuscular diseases. So he will still become a hero.

3)The bad guys will still go behind bars for testing the drugs on the innocent.

4) Young Seon will win the competition and fulfil her dream.

:lol: I want an ending with a positive message and everyone is happy!

The thing is Jc may say he don’t want the pills but the ceo May be sneaky again. The last match was like that.

What can he do to prevent it from happening? And yes I would love to watch him fight MW without the pills and the result is not important, is the process.

2 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

I think or I hope the ending will be like this or even better...

1) JC will not take the pills when he fights with MW. Maybe he will promise to go to the pharmaceutical company voluntarily after the match ends. But not sure if his sneaky CEO would allow him to do so though. 

Whether JC wins the match against MW or not is secondary but he will manage to put up such a strong fight that he will win back his respect from MW and admiration from the public. Like what he has learnt from Young Seon, the result is not important , as long as he has put in his best, and he will have  no regrets and it will be the first time that he finally feels a sense of pride and true joy after a match. 

2)JC will cooperate to develop the new drugs to help people with neuromuscular diseases. So he will still become a hero.

3)The bad guys will still go behind bars for testing the drugs on the innocent.

4) Young Seon will win the competition and fulfil her dream.

:lol: I want an ending with a positive message and everyone is happy!

Isn't your no2 is the same as the no5 in netizens' guess, isn't it? And no3 is the same as their no1 ?

# Possible ending NO.5 touching - JC contributes to humanity!
SF-3, a new drug that can be tolerated by JC, is a medicine made with good intentions to help people who have lost their lives due to nervous system diseases. JC cooperates in developing new drugs.

# Possible Ending No.1 - All bad guys are arrested.

1 hour ago, Prettysup said:

Isn't your no2 is the same as the no5 in netizens' guess, isn't it? And no3 is the same as their no1 ?

# Possible ending NO.5 touching - JC contributes to humanity!
SF-3, a new drug that can be tolerated by JC, is a medicine made with good intentions to help people who have lost their lives due to nervous system diseases. JC cooperates in developing new drugs.

# Possible Ending No.1 - All bad guys are arrested.

Haha! I guess I just want a combination of the endings that I like..

7 hours ago, kohnlee said:

What can he do to prevent it from happening? And yes I would love to watch him fight MW without the pills and the result is not important, 

I wonder how he is going to prevent it too.. Only another 8 episodes.. feeling sad that Bad Papa is ending so soon...

9 hours ago, kohnlee said:

The thing is Jc may say he don’t want the pills but the ceo May be sneaky again. The last match was like that.

What can he do to prevent it from happening? And yes I would love to watch him fight MW without the pills and the result is not important, is the process.

Absolutely not drink anything during the match, I guess. Still, I imagine he’ll be threatened and/or blackmailed by the CEO (s). Somehow I think he will manage to fight MW without the pills though.  

11 hours ago, qynn said:

Absolutely not drink anything during the match, I guess. Still, I imagine he’ll be threatened and/or blackmailed by the CEO (s). Somehow I think he will manage to fight MW without the pills though.  

Yes that has to be the case. But not drink anything is quite cruel ! Lol!

Dang. There's a lot to unpack with this episode.

The body count is rising.

The CEO is a truly bad person. 

MW now knows JC has been taking drugs and wants to kill him in the ring, but it did seem like maybe he was starting to question what really happened in the fight 11 years ago. 

So JC actually has a muscular disease but for some reason it had stopped progressing. I wonder if that is why he's been able to tolerate the drug longer than others. 

I have no idea how this will end but it's feeling ominous. 

Looks like JC has a neuromuscular disease...and his daughter may have inherited it from him... my goodness , that means there may be a possibility of him sacrificing himself and maybe in the end, helped in completing the final development of the medicine which may help cure Young Seon in the end???

18 hours ago, kohnlee said:

Am I right to say that he was the mystery caller 11 years ago??

Haha this had been spoiled long ago.

9 hours ago, qynn said:

Dang. There's a lot to unpack with this episode.

The body count is rising.

The CEO is a truly bad person. 

MW now knows JC has been taking drugs and wants to kill him in the ring, but it did seem like maybe he was starting to question what really happened in the fight 11 years ago. 

So JC actually has a muscular disease but for some reason it had stopped progressing. I wonder if that is why he's been able to tolerate the drug longer than others. 

I have no idea how this will end but it's feeling ominous. 

Yeah, not only did he fixed the match 11 years ago, he was also the one who tricked his friend into losing JC's money in order to entice him to accept the match fixing proposal. And I thought he was a good guy !!

And the ending! I hope it is not JC who arranged to have that guy knocked by the truck on the road.

Ok I just watched last night’s episode with subs. 

One of the most depressing episode. The ceo was so hateful and so everyone are his chess pieces. JC is feeling bloody guilty. When he starts to slap himself, my tears dropped :( 

Yes MW now knew but I believe what he doesn’t know is JC is also one of the chess piece who is equally clueless! 

1. Will the match ever take place? 

2. I believe Jc will eventually participate in the research Becos his daughter may have the same disease as him and in the process he May sacrifice himself - this could be the way how he is going to redeem himself.

3. At least 2 parties are planning to use family to threaten him - lab and ceo.

4. I need to know how is he going to get out of this messsssss!!! Or he is never getting out? 

5. And was it really the ceo who manipulated the result of the doping test? It could be the ceo who manipulated the other guy’s result, making everyone thinks he was the one who took drugs! Oh no! 

6. MW seems to start to realise that JC may not have fixed that match 11 years ago.

7. The ceo was the one who caused the accident , he did it through that guy who initially rejected. I find this scene too tense! 

Before the drama starts, I know I am in for something depressing, and so here it is! 

Wow, didn't expect people to start dying in today's episodes.  And it looks like JC's condition is getting more serious.  Things have started to unravel one by one.

JC has known about his illness all along.  That's why he has refused to take part in the boxing competition when the CEO approached him.  

I believe JC will take the trial test because of his daughter, who I'm quite certain has inherited her father's disease.  I really hope JC will survive.  It'll be sooo sad if only the mother and daughter are left.

And plsss don't give me that "after watching his daughter performed the final competition and won, JC passed away peacefully" :rage: 

A happy ending pls, for JC and his family.  This is supposed to be drama about family right?  The family will not be whole if anyone of them dies.

1 hour ago, kohnlee said:

Ok I just watched last night’s episode with subs. 

One of the most depressing episode. The ceo was so hateful and so everyone are his chess pieces. JC is feeling bloody guilty. When he starts to slap himself, my tears dropped :( 

Yes MW now knew but I believe what he doesn’t know is JC is also one of the chess piece who is equally clueless! 

1. Will the match ever take place? 

2. I believe Jc will eventually participate in the research Becos his daughter may have the same disease as him and in the process he May sacrifice himself - this could be the way how he is going to redeem himself.

3. At least 2 parties are planning to use family to threaten him - lab and ceo.

4. I need to know how is he going to get out of this messsssss!!! Or he is never getting out? 

5. And was it really the ceo who manipulated the result of the doping test? It could be the ceo who manipulated the other guy’s result, making everyone thinks he was the one who took drugs! Oh no! 

6. MW seems to start to realise that JC may not have fixed that match 11 years ago.

7. The ceo was the one who caused the accident , he did it through that guy who initially rejected. I find this scene too tense! 

Before the drama starts, I know I am in for something depressing, and so here it is! 

I'm starting to believe #2 will be the case. Sobs. Before this episode, I thought that maybe JC would end up helping bring the bad guys down and be brought down himself in the process and the family would be back to where they started but with mom and daughter still loving JC despite his fears. But he's sick and his daughter is likely sick, so I think 2 is the most likely outcome. 

12 hours ago, qynn said:

I'm starting to believe #2 will be the case. Sobs. Before this episode, I thought that maybe JC would end up helping bring the bad guys down and be brought down himself in the process and the family would be back to where they started but with mom and daughter still loving JC despite his fears. But he's sick and his daughter is likely sick, so I think 2 is the most likely outcome. 

I have not watched last night’s episodes. 

JC has to die in order for this mess to be cleaned up. By doing so, he:

1. Successfully experimented the drugs, or did not succeed but in the process the baby ceo and all others who were involved would all be implicated.

2. return the honor to the other fighter who suffered from brain dead. 

3. MW might be the person who will return him the honor he should have 11 years ago. He didn’t accept the ceo’s Offer, his sickness happened to show during that match. 

I Can really see JC dying in this story. 

‘Bad Papa’ – Jang Hyuk’s 'eyes acting’ skills - Best 3

In MBC drama ‘Bad Papa’, main character Yoo Ji-cheol (Jang Hyuk) expressed various emotions with delicate ‘eyes acting’, leaving deep impressions on the viewers.  

1. Desperate eyes to protect the family 

In the beginning of the drama, after Ji-cheol was suspended from his detective job, he was caught in a bus accident while on his way home from a part-time clinical trial to raise money for rent. Upon learning that his money was left on the bus, Jang Hyuk rushed back to the bus right before its explosion in a desperate attempt to get his money back. His desperate eyes showed his eagerness to retrieve the money for his family’s sake.

2. Tough charismatic eyes in the ring

Since Ji-cheol was a boxer 11 years ago, he had been displaying a tough charisma whenever he entered the ring, bearing down on his opponents with his animalistic eyes that  was continued even after turning into a MMA fighter. In the second half of the drama, Ji-cheol failed to overcome the toxicity of the new drug on one occasion and lost control of his actions, displaying cruel and violent emotions with his eyes while beating up his opponent with no regards to sportsmanship. His confusion and despair after recovering his senses was shown by his mournful eyes.

3.Unarmed eyes in front of the daughter

Despite his family's unstable lifestyle, Ji-cheol is always unarmed in front of his daughter. He tries hard to be a father she can be proud of, and is constantly thinking about her well-being, wearing a bright smile and dizzy eyes whenever he sees her. 

The sharp contrast between the charisma shown on the ring and the innocent smile and mournful looks on other occasions is evident of Jang Hyuk’s solid acting skills which can be seen in each episode of the drama, displaying his various emotions at different stages. Jang Hyuk’s delicate ‘eyes-acting’ skills which brought dimension to the character, has greatly increased the viewers’ immersion in the drama.

‘Bad Papa’ starring Jang Hyuk is scheduled to telecast its last episode next week.  

image_readtop_2018_729091_15427692693541

http://news.mk.co.kr/newsRead.php?sc=30000001&year=2018&no=729091

Archived