[Drama 2018] Thirty But Seventeen, 서른이지만열일곱입니다

meechuttso

5 hours ago, gster3 said:

First thing out of my mouth too was, "Finally!"  Also, finally we will more screen time of handsome and kind Dr. Kim.  More funny Woo Jin jealousy. 

My first thought was also "Finally!!" and I teared up a little too seeing the relieved face of SR's dedicated friend and the immediate hug he gave her.

Thanks for the pic @sunshine92

Let's try to solve the identity of the mystery man. Anyone remember if we have a back shot of SR's uncle besides the running under the rain in a hunch? The only distinct feature we can see from the pic of Construction Worker Kim is his hairline above the back of his neck. Maybe we can compare those?.... *detectivemodeon*

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

finally we get to see more of the doctor!! Can't wait for next episode ^_^i really hope some mysteries are solved or things happens this week and the writer won't drag the story anymore. i really want to know who that man in the hat is and why the aunt and uncle left. also it wouldn't hurt if there is some cute fluff scenes for our cute otp :D

i was so sure that with this pace it will be 40 ep but i still see some people saying they're reading new articles that say it will end 32 ep ?(twitter and ig) :huh:

57 minutes ago, Ni Wen said:

Yes finally we get to see dr !!!!

Sorry to bring this topic up again but I have been seeing this all over ig... that it's confirmed to be 16 episodes. Oh my heart is breaking... just 4 hours more of Seori and Woojin. Why why... I cannot get enough of them yet. I'm so not ready to let them go yet. Why end so fast when everything is unsolved yet :bawling:

Sorry didn't see your post before  posting

I'm not ready to let them go either :bawling:If this is true this feels so rushed because nothing is solved yet. and we got their first kiss literally last week, i was looking forward to a lot more cute otp moments 

No, no, noooooo! Why is this only going to be 16 episodes?? I don't want it rushed and like what @Ni Wen and @Amy Nguyen said, there are still so many unanswered questions about a lot of things. Oh, I really don't want this drama to end. :tears::tears::tears: I am not ready to say goodbye to this drama so soon! :(

Is it only going to be one episode per week and not two? If it's only going to be 16 episodes, then it'd only be one episode (split into two) a week, but if it's going to be 20 episodes, then it'd be the usual two episodes per week.

Bts is out!!! 

But seriously can't SBS give us more?!

They filmed the kiss on Hyesun birthday so its a birthday kiss for her!:mrgreen:

Edited: thanks @meechuttso !!! i only know how to post ig link over here, that's why hahaha! Oh yes, can you help with the translation? Feel so handicapped with no subs as always hahahah 

15 hours ago, aisling said:

I hope the writer will give us something this week otherwise

We’ve waited long enough :bawling:

right i feel you i need the revelation that WJ wont torment himself when he find out it was not SM its SR hope he wont blame himself and distant from her and i hope the writer to reveal more about Jennifer 

Finally  desperate2-onion-head-emoticon.gif?12928

40756318_272052700298484_692135147851410

7 hours ago, gster3 said:

I also think also that it would take away from the emotional tug of the story to have the mystery man be the driver.  It's much more compelling if it's her uncle who sacrificed so much for so long for her while in hiding from the law or some sort of trouble, but he loved her so much that he did it anyways. Whereas if it's just the truck driver, it's kind hearted of the man, but because we are not invested in him and know nothing of him besides he liked that singing while driving, it's not going to be as emotionally satisfying as a viewer if he's the mystery man.  Plus that would make way to many Kims in one story that are not connected - Seo Ri's friend, rival, uncle, Jennifer's husband, and now truck driver all Kims in one story and a comedy writer fails to make it a running gag? That's about 1/3 of the cast. No, that's too much wasted comedy gold.  Real Korea might have that many Kims, but K-drama Korea does not without reason. 

Plus they made it such a huge point in the story to tell Seo Ri then Woo Jin that only family can look for family at the police station and I'm assuming that's a police officer the uncle placed the missing person report with.  I couldn't figure out if he was a Private investigator or a police detective.  At one point I even thought maybe it was her father who survived his terrible accident and because someone wanted him dead, he had to stay in hiding to protect his daughter and it would make sense that he did all this for her. 

Yeah, the mysteries and misconnections have gone on way too long without much progress. This writer did that w/ her last show, She was pretty, but there the mystery was not integral to the plot, knowing who the random best selling mystery writer was or the president's son was a fun small side gag and random mystery, but not knowing what happened to Jennifer, Seo Ri's family, who's paid for her hospital stay, not seeing our hot sweet neurosurgeon on screen with Seo Ri yet at this late date is starting to be too much.  Now we have Chan's mystery ailment to add to it.  Too many mysteries with too little plot progress is the only true weak point of this otherwise lovely story. 

Exactly, the mystery man has to be her uncle. I don't think it would have ever been her father pretending to be dead. It sounds too makjang for such a simple show. LOL.

6 hours ago, sunshine92 said:
Picture says it all...all I have to say is FINALLY!

I won't lie. I cheered when I saw spoiler pics. YES! FINALLY! :lol:

2 hours ago, Ni Wen said:

Yes finally we get to see dr !!!!

Sorry to bring this topic up again but I have been seeing this all over ig... that it's confirmed to be 16 episodes. Oh my heart is breaking... just 4 hours more of Seori and Woojin. Why why... I cannot get enough of them yet. I'm so not ready to let them go yet. Why end so fast when everything is unsolved yet :bawling:

There are so many dramas that I watched which are paced right for 16 but was set at 20. But this show pacing was so slow to be 16 and with the good cast and ratings why would sbs not make it into 20. This is really weird ... Why make it live shooting if not taking ratings into account. I am just sad now.

Do these IG users have a legitimate source for that news? Maybe they are assuming that it's 16 since generally most Kdramas are 16 episodes? The next show is set to air in (early/mid?) Oct, ending a show 2 weeks in advance makes no sense but if it's true, the writer needs to buck up and become better for her next show. For a 16 episode series, the progression was mind numbingly slow with too many hit and misses. Plus KHT got an unfair deal. They should have just axed TR's character, which was totally not needed IMO, and stuck to just showing Chan and KHT.

Soompi just released the news of the new drama replacing 3017 with premier date of 1 Oct so it's definitely not 20. :bawling:

SBS why do this to us? I hope you don't regret your decision to cut short this drama with such consistently good ratings so far. You wasted the awesome 3017 team and the sejong-hyesun chemistry that could do with so much more. -_-:rolleyes:

Hiii, been around Soompi for quite a while, watching from a distance and enjoying this thread and your comments, and finally got myself an account! :D 

Excited about today's ep!! Finally it seems that the pace is speeding a bit. In the same time I'm sooo disappointed with all those news that 2 weeks are remaining! :tears: Can't let them go. I've done some research and it's been confirmed that the next drama airs in October, without specifying when (on SBS) while some websites say it's going to be on 1st of October. Which leaves us with 6 episodes, I guess?

Anyways, let's enjoy what's ahead! 

24 minutes ago, YourHighness . said:

For a 16 episode series, the progression was mind numbingly slow with too many hit and misses. Plus KHT got an unfair deal. They should have just axed TR's character, which was totally not needed IMO, and stuck to just showing Chan and KHT

Totally agree with you there about TR and HT!!!!!!!

Exactly my point. The pace of the writer was definitely for the direction of 20 episodes! Can't blame us for not believing it is 16 when at 12 NOTHING is revealed yet.

Well but I agree... Let's just enjoy the rest of the show!!!! 

11 minutes ago, Ni Wen said:

Totally agree with you there!!!!!!!

Exactly my point. The pace of the writer was definitely for the direction of 20 episodes! Can't blame us for not believing it is 16 when at 12 NOTHING is revealed yet.

True.:lol: But, actually, I think due to the Asian games and the upcoming new year of Koreans, the episodes were cut and hence the story pace was slow since the writer was writing for 20 episodes. If it had been 16 originally, the kiss, confession, everything would have happened in the 8th or the latest 10th episode. If I can be honest, I am kind of relieved. The angst the writer planned for WJ when he comes to know about SR will be cut from the story now. Also the pace of the story will quicken and that is a relief because this has been the slowest show I've ever seen since I don't watch weekend or daily dramas with 50 and 100 episodes with reallllyyyyy slow storylines. So silver linings. :D:lol:

The dcinside drama thread is pretty authoritative for fans, and they have:

http://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=3017&no=4382&page=1

Says:"와 다음주면 완결인거 실화냐......" (Waaa, next week is the end for real....?")

So I do think they'll wrap up shooting by end of next week, and

27 minutes ago, r047 said:

I've done some research and it's been confirmed that the next drama airs in October, without specifying when (on SBS) while some websites say it's going to be on 1st of October. Which leaves us with 6 episodes, I guess?

so the best we can hope for is 6 more, ending on the 25th Tuesday.

It does look from this new post that the next one is slated to start on the 1st of Oct as @r047 and @Ni Wen said.

:crazy:

Somebody at SBS dropped the ball on all this, and to not give everyone clarity about the most basic fact like number of episodes and air dates is ... criminal (at least for us here). :tears:

However, let's all take a lesson from this flawed storyline and at least try and look for other doors of happiness if we are denied the door 2 or 4 more hours of happiness. ;) Let's not make like a tree and leave, let's make like Seo-Ri and play on!

1 hour ago, YourHighness . said:

True.:lol: But, actually, I think due to the Asian games and the upcoming new year of Koreans, the episodes were cut and hence the story pace was slow since the writer was writing for 20 episodes. If it had been 16 originally, the kiss, confession, everything would have happened in the 8th or the latest 10th episode. If I can be honest, I am kind of relieved. The angst the writer planned for WJ when he comes to know about SR will be cut from the story now. Also the pace of the story will quicken and that is a relief because this has been the slowest show I've ever seen since I don't watch weekend or daily dramas with 50 and 100 episodes with reallllyyyyy slow storylines. So silver linings. :D:lol:

Its unfortunate that k dramas get cut because of sports and other events/festivals. I feel bad for HT who might suffer the most from the cut because I'm sure he was supposed or planned to appear at 13 to 20 but now he is been just reduced to 13-16 . Luckily I'm not his fan haha 

I do feel that sometimes angst is much needed in a drama especially with the flow so far. But yeah you may be right and I'm sure there are others who are okay with 16 episodes too. 

I can only say SBS is horrible in playing around and not confirming the episodes till this last minute. I still cannot believe our cute otp just became a couple last week and next week they are saying goodbye to us! :unsure:

Yes, since its ending next week let's all come out and enjoy the last ride together here!

First time in ages that I watched and followed a drama and its live broadcast, and fangirling one so bad like I have with this drama, only to find out it's gonna be cut short. I usually wait until all the episodes have been subbed and then binge watch them all, but it takes the fun out of missing out on forums and fun discussions like what I've found here.

Gah, I still cannot believe it. Something this good and we're gonna be deprived of WJ and SR moments. I want the angst, darn it! :tears:

Nm, I'll join you all for the ride til the end. :wub:

*shakes fist at writers who love story fillers and at producers who cut really good story lines short. (I'm being nice here despite not having any sleep for more than 24h lol) not allowed to swear, right? lol :sweatingbullets:

Okay, rant over :rolleyes:

12 minutes ago, anjuliet said:

First time in ages that I watched and followed a drama and its live broadcast, and fangirling one so bad like I have with this drama, only to find out it's gonna be cut short. I usually wait until all the episodes have been subbed and then binge watch them all, but it takes the fun out of missing out on forums and fun discussions like what I've found here.

Gah, I still cannot believe it. Something this good and we're gonna be deprived of WJ and SR moments. I want the angst, darn it! :tears:

Nm, I'll join you all for the ride til the end. :wub:

*shakes fist at writers who love story fillers and at producers who cut really good story lines short. (I'm being nice here despite not having any sleep for more than 24h lol) not allowed to swear, right? lol :sweatingbullets:

Okay, rant over :rolleyes:

As much as I get joy from watching dramas live broadcast, which makes me feel as part of the drama family, as much as it is frustrating at moments like this, with dramas like this one. I'm still in denial.

LOL maybe it’s 18 episodes in the end? 16 episodes frankly doesn’t make sense unless they omit the angst about SR identity.

SR: I’m a girl you liked in the past. And I liked you too but never got to know you more. Don’t blame yourself for something you couldn’t predict or prevent. Let’s be happy now.

WJ: OK, cool.

The End.

Archived