[Drama 2018] Thirty But Seventeen, 서른이지만열일곱입니다

meechuttso

49 minutes ago, Ni Wen said:

At this point I'm just fine or resigned with the pace. It's ok, take your time to reveal the mysteries as long as it is revealed eventually hahaha... Jennifer's story is slowly revealing, aunt came out... the mystery man is looking for Seori...actually there's not much plot in this drama. The most important part is for Mr Gong to realise Soomi is not Seori and his first love is alive and right in front of him! I'm sure the writer knows what's due and what the viewers want to see. I'm just going to enjoy the rest of the show now with just 8 more hours of this adorable and most innocent otp in k-drama land ... just give me more of them and I'm happy. Ooops forgive me for being so shallow hahahaha! The only thing I want to see NOW is Dr HT!!!! So that I can see the silly jealous side of our dear Vir-Woo-gin :tounge_xd: 

And I agree and hope Chan get to know their relationship in the next two episodes. 

Mon please come soon! :rolleyes:

I agree 8 hours are left that is plenty to deal with the storyline left. 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, meechuttso said:

And the piece of paper handed to police by SR just had her uncle's name,Kim Hyun-Gyoo, last known address, some K&J trading company name and 2007 phone number.

Kim? So the man searching for SR and the one paying for her bills is her uncle?

qBlllR0.jpg

Did aunt leave because she was pregnant and wanted to give up on SR(to stop the crazy expensive payments) but he kept working to keep her alive?

That would explain why she ran away in the preview after seeing SR. She must feel too guilty to face SR.

9 hours ago, mademoisellesia said:

Thanks for filling in the gaps in the preview translation. And, LMAO, I suggest spelling it as Vir-Woo-Gin. rolling-yahoo-emoticon.gif?1301949009rolling-yahoo-emoticon.gif?1301949009rolling-yahoo-emoticon.gif?1301949009 

It's clear we have a strong fellowship of idle but restless minds here in this room.

My how that VeeRwoo-Jin rolls right off my tongue as though I were a fluent Slavic language speaker or something with that harsh R that has that Woomph sound!B)

2 hours ago, YourHighness . said:

Kim? So the man searching for SR and the one paying for her bills is her uncle?

At least one of us here has speculated that that's also not a clue but a troll / fake hint by the writer. As one dearly departed soul from this thread has told us, many Kims in Korea.

2 hours ago, YourHighness . said:

That would explain why she ran away in the preview after seeing SR. She must feel too guilty to face SR.

If she heard the name Seo-Ri before this scene of fleeing, surely you are right. If not, another troll.

8 hours ago, aisling said:

I bet it’s another fake-out! But it’s getting really frustrating... Give us something!!! I mean I don’t mind one or two fake outs or one or two “missed one another by a second” but when it’s used as excessively as in 30b17 it’s understandable that people are getting annoyed...

And yet for the sake of the OTP's continued fan service like:

tumblr_peq7asWgZk1valxs7o1_r1_400.gif&ketumblr_peq7asWgZk1valxs7o1_r1_400.gif

we put up with the frustrations built up elsewhere, do we not...:crazy:

:tounge_xd:

Sorry for double gif posting. The previous one doesn't seem to have embedded properly. It's what they call a 'make up kiss'. Get it? Make up kiss? .... nevermind...

I'm currently watching episode 7 and the rehab center just called Dr HT and asked him whether he knew who was paying for WSR hospital fees. He said he didn't know and when the nurse suggested it might be her uncle, he said, "No, it can't be him." Somehow it feels like he knows what happened to her uncle, maybe? :o

I'm really loving this drama! What I also love about it is how the characters are not really OTT, like flaunting off their wealth and impeccably dressed like some model or mannequin. Even though there is some kind of business related thing going on, it's not like in your face business type that seems to be prevalent in kdrama (like nepotism, chaebol, etc. if you know what I mean - can't stand them, really). I'm also loving the moon rabbit keychain and I lamented on my IG about wanting one.

I think I'm going michin 미친 :crazy: with this drama. I just finished watching the latest episode on my phone, and now I'm watching it again here on my laptop. :sweatingbullets: I really need to get a life, but since it's the weekend, I don't have to until Monday, no, until after Tuesday. :blink:

2 hours ago, anjuliet said:

I'm currently watching episode 7 and the rehab center just called Dr HT and asked him whether he knew who was paying for WSR hospital fees. He said he didn't know and when the nurse suggested it might be her uncle, he said, "No, it can't be him." Somehow it feels like he knows what happened to her uncle, maybe? :o

Yes, that is what we thought.  His answer is very definite and it also makes us guess more of the endless possibilities.  :ph34r:

16 hours ago, meechuttso said:

At least one of us here has speculated that that's also not a clue but a troll / fake hint by the writer. As one dearly departed soul from this thread has told us, many Kims in Korea.

LOL @ dearly departed soul :lol: Yes there are many Kims in Korea but there is only one Kim important in the show, SR's uncle. Why would a random Kim work like crazy to save SR? Let's assume its the driver because of whom the accident happened. Would he feel guilty for so many years? Would he ruin his life for an accident? We don't even know if he realized that he was the reason why the accident happened. BUT we have seen how nice SR's uncle is and how he helped Jennifer. We do know he loved SR and treated her like his own daughter. It makes sense, after studying his characterization, that he would move heaven and earth to save his niece.

Also, it has been cleared in the show that only relatives can look for other relatives. Would the cops actually look for SR on some random man's behest? That leaves us with the mystery man being the uncle. KHT may not know the whole story about SR's uncle. There are a lot of things in families that outsiders cannot even guess about, let alone know.

17 hours ago, YourHighness . said:

Yes there are many Kims in Korea but there is only one Kim important in the show, SR's uncle. Why would a random Kim work like crazy to save SR? Let's assume its the driver because of whom the accident happened. Would he feel guilty for so many years? Would he ruin his life for an accident? We don't even know if he realized that he was the reason why the accident happened. BUT we have seen how nice SR's uncle is and how he helped Jennifer. We do know he loved SR and treated her like his own daughter. It makes sense, after studying his characterization, that he would move heaven and earth to save his niece.

Also, it has been cleared in the show that only relatives can look for other relatives. Would the cops actually look for SR on some random man's behest? That leaves us with the mystery man being the uncle. KHT may not know the whole story about SR's uncle. There are a lot of things in families that outsiders cannot even guess about, let alone know.

I also think also that it would take away from the emotional tug of the story to have the mystery man be the driver.  It's much more compelling if it's her uncle who sacrificed so much for so long for her while in hiding from the law or some sort of trouble, but he loved her so much that he did it anyways. Whereas if it's just the truck driver, it's kind hearted of the man, but because we are not invested in him and know nothing of him besides he liked that singing while driving, it's not going to be as emotionally satisfying as a viewer if he's the mystery man.  Plus that would make way to many Kims in one story that are not connected - Seo Ri's friend, rival, uncle, Jennifer's husband, and now truck driver all Kims in one story and a comedy writer fails to make it a running gag? That's about 1/3 of the cast. No, that's too much wasted comedy gold.  Real Korea might have that many Kims, but K-drama Korea does not without reason. 

Plus they made it such a huge point in the story to tell Seo Ri then Woo Jin that only family can look for family at the police station and I'm assuming that's a police officer the uncle placed the missing person report with.  I couldn't figure out if he was a Private investigator or a police detective.  At one point I even thought maybe it was her father who survived his terrible accident and because someone wanted him dead, he had to stay in hiding to protect his daughter and it would make sense that he did all this for her. 

13 hours ago, aisling said:

I hope the writer will give us something this week otherwise 

Spoiler

We’ve waited long enough :bawling:

Yeah, the mysteries and misconnections have gone on way too long without much progress. This writer did that w/ her last show, She was pretty, but there the mystery was not integral to the plot, knowing who the random best selling mystery writer was or the president's son was a fun small side gag and random mystery, but not knowing what happened to Jennifer, Seo Ri's family, who's paid for her hospital stay, not seeing our hot sweet neurosurgeon on screen with Seo Ri yet at this late date is starting to be too much.  Now we have Chan's mystery ailment to add to it.  Too many mysteries with too little plot progress is the only true weak point of this otherwise lovely story. 

57 minutes ago, sunshine92 said:

Picture says it all...all I have to say is FINALLY!

Yesss!!!  Thank you @sunshine92 !

If only Dr HT had had a pic of Seo-Ri in his house at his desk or somewhere, she would have figured it out so much sooner....

At least 2-way heartBReak coming this week.

Psst, don't show this pic to the Doc or to Chan, but

tumblr_peteji7SnY1valxs7o1_500.gif maybe my new favorite to go with the other one:

Spoiler

tumblr_pemcd3VKnE1valxs7o1_r1_400.gif

Spoiler

I suddenly have this thought: what if the mysterious guy/ Mr. Kim is actually Kim Tae Jin - who we predict is Jennifer husband, and the other person who died in the accident. He may be the driver who caused the whole accident, and somehow his identity mixed with someone. He decided to live under cover. Mostly because of the insurance money. I don't really sure why he keep paying for Seo Ri hospital bill tough.

4 hours ago, gster3 said:

I also think also that it would take away from the emotional tug of the story to have the mystery man be the driver.  It's much more compelling if it's her uncle who sacrificed so much for so long for her while in hiding from the law or some sort of trouble, but he loved her so much that he did it anyways. Whereas if it's just the truck driver, it's kind hearted of the man, but because we are not invested in him and know nothing of him besides he liked that singing while driving, it's not going to be as emotionally satisfying as a viewer if he's the mystery man.  Plus that would make way to many Kims in one story that are not connected - Seo Ri's friend, rival, uncle, Jennifer's husband, and now truck driver all Kims in one story and a comedy writer fails to make it a running gag? That's about 1/3 of the cast. No, that's too much wasted comedy gold.  Real Korea might have that many Kims, but K-drama Korea does not without reason. 

...the caption of this IG user... :)

Credit to the owner

Yes finally we get to see dr !!!!

Sorry to bring this topic up again but I have been seeing this all over ig... that it's confirmed to be 16 episodes. Oh my heart is breaking... just 4 hours more of Seori and Woojin. Why why... I cannot get enough of them yet. I'm so not ready to let them go yet. Why end so fast when everything is unsolved yet :bawling:

There are so many dramas that I watched which are paced right for 16 but was set at 20. But this show pacing was so slow to be 16 and with the good cast and ratings why would sbs not make it into 20. This is really weird ... Why make it live shooting if not taking ratings into account. I am just sad now.

Archived