[Drama 2018-2019] Memories of the Alhambra | Recuerdos de la Alhambra, 알함브라 궁전의 추억

Admin

1 hour ago, LyraYoo said:

With Secret Forest director and QIHM/Nine/W writernim, my expectation goes a notch higher after I saw additional information:

Executive producer(s)
  • Cho Hyung-jin
  • Kim Sang-heon

Same team who produced the hit My Mister  . So far the show is one among the high quality production , aesthetics wise. I guess the same method of filming will be adapted to MOA's. 

Hide contents

My Mister even took a one week halt of releasing episodes 13-14 in order to give the production time to film and not to rush the finished episode. Of course they are cautious given the drama that went through with Hwayugi. I would fine the production very efficient because they also have their own drama prior to broadcast date.

source

I think we should not be greedy I mean this Drama will be produced by Studio Dragon & Green snaje ( the prod comp of W & my mister ) we have a very good PD & Writer also overseas shooting which means that we will see beautiful quality with beautiful sceneries and let's not forget that the writer focus mostly on the leads and KGS is a veteran good actor also heard that Park hoon is a good actor and we still dont know who will be here grandma and what will be her role. Let's hope for a well written characters and good osts too

• Like 9

[Official] Park Hoon, “ Memories of the Alhambra Palace” appearance confirmed ... Hyun Bin’s rival

0003298027_001_20180516091402367.jpg?typ

•         Name: Park Hoon
  •         Hangul: 박훈
  •         Birth Name: Park Won-Hee (박원희)
  •             Profession: Actor, musical actor
  •             Birthdate: 1981-Apr-27
  •         Birthplace: South Korea
  •         Height: 179 cm
  •         Blood Type:

Movies

Drama Series

TV Movies

Cr asianwiki

Excerpt 

( google trans)

Actor Park Hoon, who is on the rising trail of crossing the film and TV screens is raising expectations by announcing the news of his casting in TVN, "the memories of the Alhambra Palace (play Song Jae Jung, director An Gilho)".

'Memories of the Alhambra Palace' is a drama depicting the story of two people entering a bizarre event while staying in a hostel operated by Jeong Hee-joo (Park Shin-hye). Park Hoon plays the role of CEO of the investment company, Cha Hyung - seok.

Cha Hyung-seok (CHS) is a person who has a passion and ego-like tendency similar to Eugene Wu (Hyun Bin) with whom he has been a friend since college, but with the same tendency, there is friction between the two. It leads to a sharp confrontation with Eugene Wo leading to breakup between them.

Park is a veteran actor who has accumulated a lot of acting skills in many theater and musicals including the play 'The Good School Boys', 'Judo Boy', 'Bunker Trilogy'. In 2016, he started acting on TV dramas in earnest through KBS2 'Descendants of the Sun',  SBS ...., MBC 'Two Cops',' He has shown a unique presence by exhibiting high-quality performances with a heavy role.

In particular, Park has recently acted as a team leader in the film 'Golden Slumber', He fully satisfied the expectations of the audience with his overwhelming charisma and delicate performance.

( My Note...the production team ....PD, writer and the cast do increase the anticipation of watching the drama...cannot wait to know and see more...:grin:)

• Like 7

Park Hoon is a solid actor, mostly in dramatic roles.  He is a good choice :)

Studio Dragon releases polished dramas and movies.  The producers also have universal quality dramas under their belts. If we are lucky, it will be the same shooting crew for Misaeng, Secret Forest and My Ajusshi. No worries from me.

HB’s character is named Eugene Wu?  Given that name, can we expect some English dialogues from him? He can speak a little from what I remember.

• Like 7

Kim Eui Sung as Cha Byung Jun

A professor at the University of Alhambra, who is wealthy and highly educated. Father of Cha Hyung Seok. He gets entangled with Yoo Jin Woo ( HB) in the mysterious case too.

0001036682_001_20180516103812506.jpg?typ

( My Note

A veteran actor of tremendous stature. Basically worked in movies. A list too long to mention here

’ Six flying dragons’and ‘W’ and ‘ Be Positive’ being the only dramas from what I have in my knowledge. This being the fourth one. 

From the roles he has breathed life into and been loved by viewers AND the fact that he has rarely worked in dramas we can infer that the role of the Professor here is going to be an important and interesting one.

In recent times his performances have been acknowledged by awards and nominations in ‘Train from Busan’ and ‘ W’. 

As you you can see from info below....we have every reason to be happy by the addition of Kim Eui Sung who will definitely give weight by his presence in this drama too. )

Awards......

53rd BaekSang Arts Awards 2017

Best supporting actor Train to Busan

25th Buil film awards 2016

Best supporting actor Train to Busan

MBC Drama Awards 2016

Best supporting actor mini series ‘W’

5th APAN Star Awards 2016

Best supporting actor ‘W’

Nominations........

22nd Chunsa Film Art Award 2017

Best supporting actor ‘Train to Busan’

37th Blue Dragon Awards 2016

Best supporting actor film ‘Train to Busan’

50th Baeksang Awards 2014

Best supporting actor ‘ The Face Reader’

sources...wikipedia and Asianwiki

• Like 7

Actor Lee Hakju has confirmed his appearance as Kim Sang Bum ...

201805170850527166_1_20180517085811204.j

http://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=117&aid=0003050298

Excerpt

According to SM C & C, Lee Kook-joo is cast in TVN's new drama 'Memories of Alhambra Palace' (directed by Ahn Kil-ho / drama Song Jae-jung / production studio dragon, Green Snake Media).

tvN 'Memories of the Alhambra Palace' is a work where Yoo Jin-woo (Hyun Bin), a representative of the investment company, travels to Granada in Spain for business and is tied up with an old hostel run by Jeong Hee-Joo. 

Kim Sang-bum is a foreign student who learns ...with Jung Hee-joo at a classical guitar workshop. So, Lee will show the chemistry with Park Shin-hye and add vitality to the drama. He cares for her.

In the meantime, Lee Hwangju ....has been radiating a strong presence in the public. In addition to numerous independent films such as' Twelfth Assistant Deacon’ .....', he has taken various roles through various roles such as drama tvN' Oh my Ghost 'and OCN 'Squad 38' etc

Cr: Asianwiki

Name: Lee Hak-Joon

Hangul: 이학주

Born: January 9, 1989

Birthplace: South Korea

Movies

Marionette  (2018) - Kim Dong-Jin

Autumn Sonata 2017) - Joon

Insane 2016) - Dong-Sik

The Shameless 2015) - Sung-Chul

Drama Series

Squad 38  OCN / 2016) - Ahn Chang-Ho

Oh My Ghost tvN / 2015) - Shin Gyeong-M

This is My Love   JTBC / 2015) - Choi Jae-Ho (20s)

TV Movies

Drama Special: Disqualified Laughter  (KBS2 / 2016) - Do-Sik

Drama Special: Fake Family  (KBS2 / 2015) - Lee Min-Soo

• Like 6

2 hours ago, aafmzm said:

O.M.G I am in WOW with all these fantastic  curriculum of the actors/actresses that are join the MOA, that I am getting dizzy , do not know where to turn my head! (Lol) I must be in heaven and don’t know it. (Lol)

i will not be able to watch all their past projects, I will just waited for the drama . (Lol). Looking forward to this drama. A must see! Fighting !  :)

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote images, thanks! :)
  • Like 6

V live synthesis] 'Hyun Bin ' Park Shin-hye '' Memories of Alhambra Palace '

0003784753_001_20180518205813558.jpg?typ

Excerpt 

Park Shin-hye has been talking with fans about the Naver Special V App "Park Shin Hye X Happy Bean Relay Project (with KIA)" on the 18th.

“ I'm not going to the forest anymore, the filming is over.”

Commenting on the departure for Spain she said,

“It is right, I will leave soon. I have a few days to schedule before I go..........”

“I will be greeting you in the role of Chung Hee-ju, and I will be appearing with a different character than the character you have seen me in before” and smiled at the fans.

http://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=109&aid=0003784753

@snowhninpyae  Google trans does say that she is goin for the extra casting..and posting pictures on the way...

• Like 7

OK so I checked this account and that girl went the audition so we should stalk her lol anyway I checked the agency and found those informations, they started casting guitarists since May 8 and now they are casting for some extras, it really looks that they will start shooting from this week or travel this week so I think we will get the full cast in those days

• Like 10

Park Shin Hye Promises To Show Different Character From Her Previous Dramas

Park-Shin-Hye2-1.jpg

Park Shin Hye recently mentioned her upcoming tvN drama “Memories of the Alhambra” on Naver V Live.

In the comment section, many fans asked her when she was going to Spain to film her new drama, and she replied, “I’m going to leave soon. There aren’t many days left. There are many things I have to do before I leave. My heart is beating fast, and I’m extremely busy, but I’m doing my best to prepare for it.

Park Shin Hye also talked about her new character, saying, “I’m going to be playing Jung Hee Joo. I’m preparing to play a different role from my previous characters. Please look forward to it. We will be having our first filming soon. The drama will air sometime in the second half of the year.

“Memories of the Alhambra” is a fantasy melodrama about investment company CEO Yoo Jin Woo (Hyun Bin) who visits Spain and stays at a hostel run by Jung Hee Joo (Park Shin Hye). It was recently confirmed that EXO’s Chanyeol will also be joining them in the drama as Jung Hee Joo’s younger brother Jung Sae Joo.

Cr: Soompi

• Like 9

Granada will be the star of a new Netflix production

granada-netflix.jpg

https://ccultureca.com/2018/05/16/granada-sera-la-protagonista-de-una-nueva-produccion-de-netflix/

article courtesy @isaloveformusic on twitter

Granada will be the scene of 'Recuerdos de la Alhambra', a new Netflix production by Korean director Ahn Gil-Ho (Strangers), which will begin filming from next May 28th.

The series will star Hyun Bin, one of the most famous Korean actors of the moment, and will revolve around the owner of an investment company that will travel to Spain and will stay in a cheap hotel run by a former guitarist.

The mayor of Granada, Francisco Cuenca, explained how important it is for the city that has been chosen as one of the main scenarios where the thriller will take place and that will turn the city of Granada into the protagonist of a series of Netflix "that has a public of more than 117 million people around the world, is an invaluable promotion and a success of the area of Tourism and the Granada Film Commission that has been working together with the producer for weeks ".

Filming will take place at different points in the city such as Correo Viejo, Calderería Nueva, Mirador de San Miguel Alto, Puente Espinosa, Ave María School and the Fuente de las Granadas. To this end, the City Council has envisaged a special device in which the municipal areas of Mobility, Maintenance, Public Roads, Tourism and Public Safety participate.

Translation google

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

The filming of a Korean series for Netflix will leave a million euros in the city in five days

The independent of Granada

( That’s 1,179,051.00 US Dollars in 5 days 

production expenses?

i wonder...)

El rodaje de una serie coreana para Netflix dejará en la ciudad un millón de euros en cinco días | El Independiente de Granada elindependientedegranada.es/cultura/rodaje…
#Parkshinhye #Netflix #MemoriesoftheAlhambra #MemoriadelaAlhambra

elindependientedegranada.es/cultura/rodaje… 
via Isaboo@isaloveformusic

• Like 8

Chanyeol de EXO confirmado para unirse a Park Shin Hye y Hyun Bin en nuevo drama 

EXO-Chanyeol-Park-Shin-Hye-Hyun-Bin.jpg

Chanyeol de EXO regresará a la pantalla chica!

Ve también: EXO-CBX encabeza la lista de álbumes diarios de Oricon con su primer álbum japonés de larga duración

El 12 de mayo, una fuente de tvN confirmó que Chanyeol ha sido elegido para el próximo drama de tvN, “Memories of the Alhambra”, protagonizado por Park Shin HyeHyun Bin. El integrante de EXO aparecerá en un drama por primera vez desde “Missing 9” el año pasado.

“Memories of the Alhambra” es un melodrama de fantasía sobre el CEO de una compañía llamado Yoo Jin Woo (interpretado por Hyun Bin) quien visita España y se queda en un hostal barato administrado por Jung Hee Joo (interpretada por Park Shin Hye).

Chanyeol interpretará al hermano menor de Jung Hee Joo, Jung Sae Joo, un programado genio que parece vivir en su propio mundo. Él cierra su corazón luego de pasar por una difícil infancia así que la única persona con la que habla es su hermana Jung Hee Joo.

“Memories of the Alhambra” saldrá al aire en noviembre.

Fuente (1)

• Like 6

Netflix raises passions among the Grenadians

The Ave María Casa Madre School celebrates the 'casting' of 'extras' for the Korean series 'Recuerdos de laAlhambra'

More than 200 people participate in the selection process

http://www.granadahoy.com/ocio/Netflix-levanta-pasiones-granadinos_0_1246675429.html

Netflix-levanta-pasiones-granadinos_1246

Excerpt 

There is still more than a week to start filming in Granada of the new Korean Netflix series. However, since yesterday Recuerdos de la Alhambra is already raising passions in Granada. The company ModExpoR Casting International quoted the people from Granada who wanted to participate as extras in the series at the door of the Ave María Casa Madre School at 4:00 p.m. 

While the most confident arrived only half an hour earlier, the most dedicated were waiting since 1:30 p.m. Among the latter was Aixa, the first of the line, whose main motivation to come was to meet the famous Korean singer and star of the series Hyun Bin. "We as fans have come to be in the same scene as him, as if he's sweeping the floor, we do not care, it's an experience for me, that I'm performing arts, and so I can meet more people from the world of Korea and the show, "said the young woman.

The Andalusian youtuber Lachica Macgyer was recording a video of the event and stressed that "in my social networks I did not see anything, I only saw an article in the Granada Hoy that Netflix....was going to shoot here. There seems to be hope that they will cast us. " The casting director himself, Rafa Guadamuro, admitted that more people were waiting: "The fact that it's raining and that we are at the top of the hill has meant that fewer people come." Despite the apparent good weather, the forecasts were fulfilled and from 4:00 pm it started to rain intensely.

For his part, the casting director.... looking for "several profiles, .... we select everyone and then we do the screening according to the needs of the series". This can be a bit complicated, since most of those present were between 18 and 40 years old. In fact, an older woman was selected immediately for presenting a more distinct profile.

Whatever the profile, the attendees were organized by groups and they were given a number. Then, they would fill out a form with their personal, physical and special skills they had, like playing the guitar, and taking body measurements. Finally, a photographer took a picture of the whole body and face.

With all this, the company already has all the data enough to select the granadinos for the new Netflix series, with which they will be in touch in the coming days. 

Translation google

• Like 10

The director of 'Stranger' will shoot in Granada part of his new South Korean series This is a 16-chapter project that tells the story of a boy who develops an application on the Alhambra · It will probably be aired on Netflix at the beginning of 2019

The director of the Korean series 'Stranger', Ahn Gil-Ho, will shoot in Granada next week part of his new work inspired by the Andalusian city, in which a young Korean develops a video game application on the Alhambra.

Several enclaves of the capital of Granada will become a set for the shooting from May 28 to June 1 of this series, which will work around 140 people and also have the participation of about 50 extras. The protagonist of the series is Hyun Bin, one of the most famous Korean actors and with more international projection at the moment.

Carrera-del-Darro-08.jpg

(Puente Espinosa, on its way through the Carrera del Darro, is one of the places chosen for the filming of Korean fiction. Photo: Álex Cámara)

The mayor of Granada, Francisco Cuenca, has been in charge of announcing part of the details of this new production to be shot in the capital, in the presence of its mayor of Tourism and Occupation of the Public Road, Raquel Ruz; And the production manager of this project, Daniel Ojeda.

He thanked all the help and facilities offered by the City of Granada for the recording during five days of the series, which in the case of Granada will star in six of the 16 chapters that are composed. The rest will be shot in Barcelona and in Korea. 

Among the enclaves in which they will be recorded are the streets Caldelería, San Miguel Alto, Correo Viejo, Ave María School or the Alhambra. To them we must add the Espinosa Bridge, in the Carrera del Darro; besides the Fuente de las Granadas, where a large part of the action scenes of this project will take place.

The series, whose name is still to be determined but can go in the line of 'Memories of the Alhambra', has a cast of Korean actors and include around 60 Grenadian figures, including about 30 children of the Ave Maria School.

The head of production has indicated that Netflix is postulated as a platform for the broadcast of the series, whose premiere is scheduled for early next year. In addition, China can also acquire the product for issuance.

The Granada mayor has indicated that the series will leave around one million euros in the city and 1,200 overnight stays during the five days of shooting, which also has an investment of about two million euros.

Cuenca has stated that this is an "excellent news" for Granada, since it is part of the tourism promotion strategy for the Asian public.

The mayor has emphasized the fact that 117 million people are subscribed to the Netflix platform, while he reminded that filming will give visibility to historical enclaves in Granada. 

The Councilor for Tourism, Raquel Ruz, has stated that the filming has been achieved after the work developed by the Film Office of the Tourism Area of the City Council, which is also a "promotion" for the city as well as work, since there will be Granadans working on the team during these days.

( google trans)

https://www.ahoragranada.com/noticia/el-director-de-stranger-rodara-en-granada-parte-de-su-nueva-serie-surcoreana/

article courtesy @isaloveformusic on twitter

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1