[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Here to Heart 温暖的弦

sugarplum892

4 hours ago, celebrianna said:

Regarding the bar scene in episode 16, I also was very upset with Nan Xian at first who watched that guy keep trying to touch Wen Nuan. Yuck. However, I got the impression there was more going on in that scene. I noticed that when she started forcing herself to drink like it was nothing, Nan Xian thought to himself that she was being childish and then eventually moved away. So that left me wondering if he wanted her to stand up for herself. I was still annoyed with him for not doing something about it though. Then what puzzled me even more is the conversation he had with the businessman over the phone where the businessman apologized and told him something like he almost forgot what he said and almost created a misunderstanding about Ms. Wen. So i thought there was more going on than was apparent to the eye. I must admit I was glad when she ignored his call because he could’ve at least tell her goodbye and instructed her about the contract like normal coworkers do. He was very rude going off like that.

I peeked at the episode before watching it in full, so I knew about that one scene where he was not helping her out and was dreading having to watch it again when I watched the episode in full.  (I thought it would be one of those scenes I'd hate but just have to deal with -- kind of like those forced kiss scenes in "My Sunshine," even now when rewatching that drama I skip those two scenes.)  But once I did, and I saw the full context in which that karaoke scene was taking place, like @celebrianna, it was not so bothersome to me.  

Wen Nuan was pissed at Nan Xian at the time.  She'd just overheard his conversation with Yi Xin and rather than confronting him about it, she chose to believe the worst in him.  For that matter, he still doesn't know that's the reason for the recent change in their relationship.  From his perspective, they were starting to get along again, and then she did a 180-turn.  (I'd actually forgotten about it until I was reminded of it while thinking of a response to this discussion, and just yesterday when I was describing this drama to a friend I was telling them, "I don't even know what they're fighting about right now."  But this is it!  LOL.)  

In any event, because Wen Nuan didn't say anything, Nan Xian really had no clue why there was a sudden shift in her demeanor towards him.  All he knew was that she was being miffed at the office and again later at the karaoke bar.  Wen Nuan made the choice then to go all out flirty with the other businessman, which was as surprising to Nan Xian as it was to me (that was a part I'd not seen when I peeked at the episode, so when I saw that, the puzzle pieces starting to fall into place).

As for Nan Xian's reaction, I don't know if it was necessarily him wanting/forcing her to stand up for herself versus he took the path of, "You made your bed in it, now you must lie in it."  Especially considering the fact that he didn't know (and again, still doesn't know) why she was suddenly mad at him.  It's like, "Well if you're going to be mad at me and I don't even know why, and now you're going to flirt with other men, pay the consequences for that action."  But I suppose the end result is the same in that he was letting her to extricate herself.

I do still think he could've stepped in sooner and that was poorly done of him -- so I'm not entirely excusing him; rather, I'm saying I understand better his actions during that scene -- but having said that, this is Nan Xian that we're talking about.  I also trust that he had his eyes on her the entire time.  There is little that Wen Nuan does that he does not know about.  So, if he had ever thought that she was in serious danger, i fully believe that he would've stepped in immediately.  Which is to say, even if it may not have looked it, I'm positive he had his handle on the situation.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why does none of the sites have 22 yet??? Sighhh I tried the YT link @jadore1 gave, but it won't open. Says it's unavailable in my country. ./cries. 

21 gave me mixed emotions. I kinda slightly sympathize with Yi Xin after that flashback. She really had it hard back then. And I kinda understand why she is clinging on to NX like that. He must have been the only guy who really cared about her. Ofcourse there is Pan guy now. Lol. 

Right when I was having these thoughts they give me a scene of NX literally running to her after hearing that she broke her arm. Seeing that scene made my blood boil. Like dude, who is it you love??? Why are you panicking so much??? That too right in front of WN. UGHHHHHHHHH. But again my poor little heart softened when I saw him at her door. Awwwwww you do love her, then why the hell are you torturing her and us??? Sighhh.

7 minutes ago, kokodus said:

21 gave me mixed emotions.

Episode 21 just left me really annoyed.  :tongue:  I think it's because I stayed up specifically to watch it though.  I suspect had I been watching it normally it would've have bothered me that much.  But i got home from dinner with my friends (which was super fun to catch up with them) close to midnight, and couldn't resist the lure of a subbed episode.  I stayed up late specifically for it and all I got was one scene with our OTP.   Siiiighhhh.  As you know I normally have more patience for these kinds of things but not at midnight.  LOL.  

Anyway, I'm completely bleary-eyed this morning and have no idea what I'm doing at work.  I better figure it out soon though as there's work to be done!  Think, brain, think!  (If only it wasn't so tired....)

P.S. Yeah, i was annoyed to see him running into the hospital too.... grrr.... I mean, it's fine he came as that was to be expected, but couldn't he have at least just strolled through the doors?  :tongue: 

@themarchioness, I absolutely agree with your take on the bar scene. When I think it over your interpretation fits the scene best. I haven’t watched any of this week’s episodes in their entirety (binge-watching this weekend) so I completely forgot the cold shoulder she gave him in the office after she overheard his conversation with Yi Xin. And to this point, I think her anger at him was unreasonable. After all, Nan Xian told Yi Xin not to test “a friend’s tolerance” again. He forgave her but warned her not to do it again. So it’s not like he just nonchalantly dismissed what she did.

By the way, I knew you would enjoy your dinner with friends. It’s great you had a nice time catching up.

@kokodus, hearing about that scene of him running upsets me too. I admit I cannot fully understand his dedication to Yi Xin but intellectually I understand that if you throw a line to a drowning man he will probably be grateful forever. He said Yi Xin was there for him and his mother during the darkest time in their lives so I suppose we should try to understand. If we’re honest, we should admit that just like Zhu Lin Lu supported Wen Nuan during her darkest time, Yi Xin supported Nan Xian and his mother through their darkest time. It’s just that she’s full of schemes and Zhu Lin Lu isn’t. 

On 5/10/2018 at 7:58 AM, jadore1 said:

According to Nan Xian, but he is not privy to all of YiXin's poison :(

@jadore1  I remember a flashback scene where younger Yin Xi confessed to younger Nan Xian and someone eavesdropped on the conversation. The scene was so quick I could see who was eavesdropping. smh smh smh  YiXin is poison, remember the scene when NX was teaching Wen Nuan how to ride a bike. Yi Xin purposely fell so she can separate them. 

At this point in the show, I'm more annoyed with NX and WN than the second leads who are trying to separate them. Because Yi xin and Zhu Lin lu are never a serious threat to our OTP if they decide to be honest with each other about their feeling and let go of their egos. They are their own worst enemies. Sighhh. 

15 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

@jadore1  I remember a flashback scene where younger Yin Xi confessed to younger Nan Xian and someone eavesdropped on the conversation. The scene was so quick I could see who was eavesdropping. smh smh smh  YiXin is poison, remember the scene when NX was teaching Wen Nuan how to ride a bike. Yi Xin purposely fell so she can separate them. 

Hmmm. I don’t recall a flashback of Yi Xin confessing to Nan Xian. Do you remember the episode? I remember the scene with them riding the bike but it was so funny to me that the first person to run to her aid was Wen Nuan. Nan Xian wasn’t going to her until Wen Nuan prompted him. He already knew her motive.

@kokodus, viewer comments show that they’re already getting antsy about the current situation of the main lovers. Something has to give.

@celebrianna I know. People are finding it draggy. Very little OTP scenes as well. But I still love it. Every look and every gesture speaks a thousand things. I'm in so much feels. Haha. I also don't know how I'm having this much patience for a show. I have fallen too hard and too deep. Tsk. 

Anyways happy times are ahead. I wish people can endure the angst till then. It'll definitely be worth the torture. Hehe

@cheeriekwan Please PM me, I have still not found 22. Sigh. 

34 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

It’s just that she’s full of schemes and Zhu Lin Lu isn’t. 

@celebrianna.. I think Zhu Lin Lu isn't full of schemes for his personal life but in his business life he is full of schemes. Sadly his schemes never succeed and he doesn't inform Wen Nuan of the scheme in case she is put in the middle. I feel  ZLL is trying so hard to beat NX for the wrong reasons. 

After watching episode 21 I have to the understanding only WN knows why she broke up with NX. The sister may have been part of a reason there might be more. What i find so irritating is the fact that WR and ZLL treats him like an enemy when they don't know what happened in the past. 

@kokodus, I don’t find it draggy at all. I just wish Wen Nuan would open her mouth and stop burying things in her heart. It takes two to have a conversation and Nan Xian have spoken about their past relationship to her several times and only once she said something and that was to tell him that things are not like he imagine between her and ZLL at that time in the past. I’d be happy if she even told him that it’s not like he’s the only one who suffered. Just talk about, argue about, say something.

@UnniSarah, WR in particular ticks me off by her treatment of Nan Xian. This whole tragedy began with her and the people left hurting were Wen Nuan and Nan Xian. Life is truly unfair to our couple.

NX's mother enter the scene in 22/23 - Happy Mother Day weekend everyone!  LOL.  Here comes the classic mother objection, as if YX isn't enough... 

This is a cute gif, keep me happy while skipping most of this week's eps.

AWWW @apdy  thank god somebody is listening lol....yes these are the scenes that we would like to see more off....our couple spends more time with every richard simmons and harry except each other ...they don't have to be this lovey dovey but as long as they are in constant communication = arguing, discussing, looking, stewing, passionate , excited ....etc...   

Lovely gif @apdy the last few episodes i feel so deprive. Cant wait for to see their secret dream home :heart:

4 hours ago, humilim said:

Hi im new here. Love WN wardrobe. And bags are amazing. One of the bag catch my eyes. what brand is it? a brown with blue and white stripe.

Which bag? I only remember seeing LV and Gucci. 

@celebrianna... I will rewatch it to find it and share it with you. Description of scene - -> This happened seven years ago at WN and WR’s home. The YX confessed to Nan Xian when he was leaving WN’s home. Someone was staring out the window on the second floor. NX didn’t even respond when YX confessed. 

I too can’t stand WR’s treatment of Nan Xian. She acts like a spurned lover. I don’t think they were ever friends and if she had told her Sistine liked him her sister will have never dated him. 

I find Wen Rou to be pitiful because the answer to heal her sister is to be honest. She walks on egg shells around her sister but just want to dictate to her who she loves. She said she doesn’t want her sister hurt but Nan Xian wasn’t the one to hurt her in the first place. What I find the most infuriating is that her Wen Rou isn’t sufferings from any kind of illness and is very outspoken and very strong unlike her sister.  

I wonder what is the big secret to why they can’t be together.? I feel this secret might actually hurt Nan Xian and that is why she can’t tell him. 

All my friends

THIS DRAMA REMINDS ME OF MY SUNSHINE WITH TIFFANY TANG AND WALLACE CHUNG..

It has a similar back story. 

Check it out 

6 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

@celebrianna

All my friends

THIS DRAMA REMINDS ME OF MY SUNSHINE WITH TIFFANY TANG AND WALLACE CHUNG..

It has a similar back story. 

Check it out 

I think I have said this already. The premise of this show sounded awfully similar to My Sunshine, that's one of the main reason I started this show. And even now I keep comparing Nan Xian to Yi Chen, which is not healthy, but I can't help myself. YC is one of my all time fav character. Hehe. 

Archived