[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

10 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

LOL if Hao De tries anything funny as leverage for that power sharing...like asking DH to take Zhi Yue as side consort.

I can imagine DH just walking off without answering Hao De!

3 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

@ChibiLy It's awesome and wonderful news! Congratulations to ELOD producers , actors, actresses, and staff!

So happy that the drama is getting awards. It only struck me how recently, how well the background music and sounds were incorporated in the drama. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Blob 1

36 minutes ago, ChibiLy said:

It only struck me how recently, how well the background music and sounds were incorporated in the drama. 

I love the very natural background sounds! Fanyin Valley is windy, mortal realm had that caterwauling sound when Cheng Yu and FJ were talking, the dripping water in the cave while it was raining and thundering outside...it was as natural as possible and one of the reasons I really appreciate of ELOD. 

44 minutes ago, ChibiLy said:

I can imagine DH just walking off without answering Hao De!

Like how he walked out with Su Moye's fox candies? :lol: Hmm, what should he take from Hao De? :rolleyes:

• Like 3

On 11/20/2020 at 10:32 AM, MayanEcho said:

Like his origin the Tai Chen solitary monk deity infamous for his calamitous smile, the shadow is a good-looking recluse! ^_^

"You are ridiculously handsome and ridiculously intelligent, but you keep that straight face on all day long. Obviously, your serious face is more handsome than your smiling one, but you should still smile a bit now that you've come to see me off. Make me feel more comfortable, hmm?” A-PB2, p228

It was said that in addition to his peerless appearance, this Archmage also possessed an indifferent and proud personality, and was difficult for others to get close to. His behaviors quite fitted the rumors. Ever since he took over Qinan Shrine, the shrine became more low-profile. If there wasn’t a major ceremony, it would be hard to spot the Archmage's shadow. A-PB2, p228

××××++++××××

Vengo portrayed the characters so well. Even though there were limited appearance of SY before Aranya death, SY mannerism were haughty and unapproachable. The SY after Aranya's death, he appeared more human like; with a touch of despondency and melancholy. 

On 11/23/2020 at 4:34 AM, MayanEcho said:

To borrow Su Moye's view on how Dong Hua courted Feng Jiu in Aranya's dream, his courtship is not the way "usual courtship" is done. ^_^ They were already a "couple" in the dream realm. Thinking it over though, of all people DH will impersonate, it would be the husband of Aranya?  IMO, that says something of these two's fate. :)

And yet, drama book POV, they didn't meet right away, book POV, DH Xi Ze didn't know FJ's primordial spirit is with his "wife" until much later. Why is that so, if not an indication of how fragile their fate is? Even Su Moye who was sent to help them complicated matters with his own agenda.

I think DH was playing it by the ear on whether to use the potion or not. Perhaps if he didn't inquire about their fate, and heard how they weren't originally fated, he possibly wouldn't have to. He's the sort who will defy anything though and soldier on to what he desires - this time to keep the relationship with FJ no matter what it takes. 

DH could have done it the right way if he listened to Lian Song's advise, that he ask FJ for forgiveness for impersonating Xi Ze, among other misunderstandings. He was, however, in love for the first time, and he's also afraid that telling the truth will lose her. That fear and what he knew about them had him resort to using the amnesia potion.

It's inexcusable of course, since it's sheer manipulation to gain and keep what he wants, when a good talk to clear matters between them could have done (or not) the same. I do also believe though that this is also a first for him to be actually afraid of something, and his fear consumed him enough, that the way he dealt with it is not how he normally would decide things over. 

They really love and live for each other though, that even if they parted ways for hundred of years, the bond between FJ and DH remained strong and faithful whatever fate or destiny has in store for them. His FJ loves him just as much as he does, that his transgressions from the past did not make her hesitate nor diminish her wanting to follow him and be with him for always.

So beautifully written. I think so too, that DH's anxiety over the thought of losing FJ pushed him to do things he never did before. The following comment is directed to the DH in the novel, I think if FJ did not have strong feelings for DH, a lot of his actions would be highly questionable. However, it is easier to give him a pass when FJ loves him so deeply.

23 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

I love the very natural background sounds! Fanyin Valley is windy, mortal realm had that caterwauling sound when Cheng Yu and FJ were talking, the dripping water in the cave while it was raining and thundering outside...it was as natural as possible and one of the reasons I really appreciate of ELOD. 

Like how he walked out with Su Moye's fox candies? :lol: Hmm, what should he take from Hao De? :rolleyes:

Yes that is it! The sound of nature is just so amazing. When I watch other dramas now, I

find it harder to immerse myself. Maybe it is because the background sounds are underwhelming, so a part of the sensory experience is lacking.

DH truly is the master of selective hearing! He hears and sees what he wants!

@MayanEcho I am loving all the gifs and snap shots. I usually use my phone to view the forum and videos. Using my laptop have given me a new appreciation. DH/SY/SRY are so handsome.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Like how he walked out with Su Moye's fox candies? :lol: Hmm, what should he take from Hao De? 

His crown. Ye Hua can still be the crown prince. But I want Dong Hua to become king again so Hao De will be gone already.

• Where's My Oppa? 1
  • Blob 1

DH must have heard all kinds of claims against him, but this would be the first. ^_^

h5eujF8.jpg

VC5SEIP.jpg

0PWlzYP.jpg

Source: ELOD, YT (screenshots by poster)

:loolz:

19 hours ago, ChibiLy said:

I am loving all the gifs and snap shots. I usually use my phone to view the forum and videos. Using my laptop have given me a new appreciation. DH/SY/SRY are so handsome.

Glad you enjoy them! :wub: 

14 hours ago, Megan said:

His crown. Ye Hua can still be the crown prince. But I want Dong Hua to become king again so Hao De will be gone already.

I certainly won't mind DH as interim Lord of Jiuchongtian, until Ye Hua and Bai Qian have enough cultivation to take the reins and withstand the lightnings to ascend to the throne. 

I think Hao De is scarier to look at than Ye Hua if his hair is loosened...that head piece accessory he wears is his crown, sort of, right?

• LOL 3

3 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

DH must have heard all kinds of claims against him, but this would be the first. 

Somehow I doubt that. I have a feeling his admirers will claim anything to suggest that Dong Hua likes them.

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1

1 hour ago, Megan said:

Somehow I doubt that. I have a feeling his admirers will claim anything to suggest that Dong Hua likes them.

But FJ would be first to have legitimate evidence to her claim! He truly wanted to be close to her.

• Like 2
  • Wiggle 1

6 hours ago, Megan said:

It would have been a first that the monk was told that to his face after saving someone from a nasty fall. :lol:

5 hours ago, ChibiLy said:

But FJ would be first to have legitimate evidence to her claim! He truly wanted to be close to her.

She's having an understandably big grudge against him though. :phew:

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

She's having an understandably big grudge against him though. :phew:

Indeed... fooling her didn't help his case either :lol:

When it Comes to Love, Dilraba Dilmurat Says She's Different from Feng Jiu  - DramaPanda

18 hours ago, ChibiLy said:

So happy that the drama is getting awards. It only struck me how recently, how well the background music and sounds were incorporated in the drama. 

I love that about ELOD too!

Also the right on the mark "funny" accompanying sounds when characters (especially DH) makes a facial expression. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, SilverDawn said:

Can't help loving her sassy attitude towards the former ruler of Heaven and Earth.  :lol:

Well, it was 6mo since she fell in Fanyin Valley before he showed up...

:isannoyed:

...and fools her again as soon as he arrives. :rolleyes: She'll never think that the guy ditched the visiting Buddha at Tai Chen Palace for her as soon as Fanyin Valley opened. :sweatingbullets: 

• Unamused 1
  • LOL 2

2 hours ago, SilverDawn said:

@MayanEcho Nope... how could he be so careless...:crazy:

Can't help loving her sassy attitude towards the former ruler of Heaven and Earth.  :lol:

*hmph* 

The way FJ unleashed at DH when he first showed up in Fanyin Valley was so amusing. 

The cherry on the top was all her sassiness made DH love her more.

2 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Well, it was 6mo since she fell in Fanyin Valley before he showed up...

...and fools her again as soon as he arrives. :rolleyes: She'll never think that the guy ditched the visiting Buddha at Tai Chen Palace for her as soon as Fanyin Valley opened. :sweatingbullets: 

And he had the audacity to say to say .."what difference of my saving you half a year ago and half a year after that?" 

:joy:

DH certainly deserves a beating.

• Unamused 1
  • LOL 3

1 hour ago, ChibiLy said:

And he had the audacity to say to say .."what difference of my saving you half a year ago and half a year after that?" 

DH certainly deserves a beating.

He deserves everything that she did to the handkerchief! :joy:

"Marinated in lemon,  roasted Dijun." :evillaugh:

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

11 hours ago, ChibiLy said:

:joy:

DH certainly deserves a beating

Hear Hear! Well, then DH,  what is the difference between finding Feng Jiu immediately after the wedding disaster or finding her 200 years later?! :P Same result, more time for Feng Jiu to want to distance herself from him.

10 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

He deserves everything that she did to the handkerchief! :joy:

"Marinated in lemon,  roasted Dijun."

Question is will that even penetrate his thick skin? 

• LOL 3

3 hours ago, Megan said:

Hear Hear! Well, then DH,  what is the difference between finding Feng Jiu immediately after the wedding disaster or finding her 200 years later?! :P Same result, more time for Feng Jiu to want to distance herself from him.

If only DH explained the situation properly. I am sure FJ would have forgiven him in an instant!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Megan said:

Unlikely. Hahaha!  But DH will feel bad if FJ really does all those things to him. He won't admit it though. He'll just stay out for hours, drowned by rains and thunders. :P

1 hour ago, ChibiLy said:

If only DH explained the situation properly. I am sure FJ would have forgiven him in an instant!

DH was too secretive, perhaps due to FJ's nature of being protective where he's concerned. 

The silver lining of her staying at mortal realm was that because they were difficult to find, FJ and BGG were relatively safe from Miao Luo.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

DH will feel bad if FJ really does all those things to him. He won't admit it though. But he'll stay out, drowned by rains and thunders. :P

He didn’t seem to feel bad when she was torturing his handkerchief. Before he got jealous of Xiao Yan, he didn’t show any intention of apologising to Feng Jiu but rather wait till she got over it. Hmmp

4 minutes ago, Megan said:

He didn’t seem to feel bad when she was torturing his handkerchief. Before he got jealous of Xiao Yan, he didn’t show any intention of apologising to Feng Jiu but rather wait till she got over it. Hmmp

Better the souvenir hanky than him were his initials thoughts, LOL! Never crossed his mind he has "rivals" too in FV, never mind that he was obvious with his exchange houses and before that, telling Fuzi she's serving him.

:Megalol:

• LOL 1

1 hour ago, MayanEcho said:

Better the souvenir hanky than him were his initials thoughts, LOL! Never crossed his mind he has "rivals" too in FV, never mind that he was obvious with his exchange houses and before that, telling Fuzi she's serving him.

Hmm...question, why didn’t he just outright ask for Feng Jiu to serve him rather than Jiheng? I mean I get he has to make sure Jiheng is ok, but...