[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

56 minutes ago, Wuzetian said:

Didn't know there are merchandise of Dong Hua Di Jun x Feng Jiu :heart:

https://www.redbubble.com/shop/ap/51895786

LOL! Thinking of buying the pillow.... it looks.....comfy. 

To bad they only used one picture... @MayanEcho perhaps you should contact them to share your stash? I know you've got some goodies.....^_^

• Love 1
  • Wiggle 1

Do you prefer the book or the drama?

would you rather play a small but likable role (e.g. Cha Cha, Mu Yun, Jing Wei) or a detestable villain?

Successfully prank Feng Jiu or Gun Gun? (the retired king is going to get back at you either way for making them upset) for the record, the prank is harmless.

22 hours ago, Wuzetian said:

Didn't know there are merchandise of Dong Hua Di Jun x Feng Jiu :heart:

https://www.redbubble.com/shop/ap/51895786

I got lomo cards, posters and notebooks. Don’t need the notebooks but they came with the cards.

there are also mini statues of DongFeng but I am so not getting those. No space. 
if I’m not mistaken, there were also some attempts to sell the jewellery Feng Jiu wore, including the crystal ring....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Megan said:

I got lomo cards, posters and notebooks. Don’t need the notebooks but they came with the cards.

there are also mini statues of DongFeng but I am so not getting those. No space. 
if I’m not mistaken, there were also some attempts to sell the jewellery Feng Jiu wore, including the crystal ring....

Where did you get those? I don't really see much of these items sold.  Except the porcelain dolls, minor jewelry but never books or paper related

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Megan said:

would you rather play a small but likable role (e.g. Cha Cha, Mu Yun, Jing Wei) or a detestable villain?

Successfully prank Feng Jiu or Gun Gun? (the retired king is going to get back at you either way for making them upset) for the record, the prank is harmless.

That's a tough question. I like both. Sadly there weren't some scene in the book that was included in the drama and wish that they were included. Really wish if we can have the uncut version D: This might make me sound crazy but I want to play the role of JiHeng for some odd reason. Now I know JiHeng wasn't every favorite in both the books and in the dramas and that everyone will most likely not like me for getting in the way of DongFeng. I didn't really like her in the book and the drama. For me, JiHeng was seen as a villain cause she have tried many ways to get Dijun and seperate Feng Jiu from him. From the wedding scene and the Pimpon fruit. It would be an interesting experience to play someone like that IMO. 

• Like 4
  • Wiggle 1

5 hours ago, Wuzetian said:

Where did you get those? I don't really see much of these items sold.  Except the porcelain dolls, minor jewelry but never books or paper related

Found them on Carousell. But since I already got them....they aren’t there anymore and I don’t know where the sellers got them from.

oh yeah, I also ordered Gao Wei Guang lomo cards...most of which just happen to showcase him as Dong Hua (with Feng Jiu)...so at least that’s one way to get ELOD Dong Hua cards.

as for the posters, I have a Carousell contact who I usually go to for 三生三世十里桃花 movie posters, I asked her for 三生三世枕上书 posters and she found them.

• Like 4

On 11/11/2020 at 4:34 AM, Megan said:

I like both, but lean more towards the drama, thanks to the leads.

I felt like the actress had a fun time playing Miao Luo. I think j would choose her role.

Pranking FJ seems fun. Some how pranking a child feels wrong, so BGG is out!

• Like 4

On 11/10/2020 at 6:02 AM, SilverDawn said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but the Biyiniao's did know of that story, didn't they, just not that it was Feng Jiu? btw Dong Hua did absolutely nothing to stop that piece of gossip! :lol: By not stopping it he, imo, encouraged it to spread to all realms! 

DH instinctively knew FJ is special. He naturally wanted everyone to know he is interested in FJ and all other males need to back off!

On 11/7/2020 at 1:05 AM, Megan said:

Looking back, how do you think Dong Hua, during those 200 years, will think of Meng Hao’s sacrifice for love? 
that he finally understands his general’s decisions. And that love is not so worthless, after all. Even though it caused him 200 years of angst, he would not trade those 2 weeks at Bihai for anything.

I think DH finally understood that love is a powerful emotion and it can not be quantify. 

Whether it was worth the pain or not, is not for others to judge, but for the ones who experience to decide. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2

I finished v love episode 10. While I find An Po’s character irritating, her jealous does remind me that both Dong Hua and Feng Jiu are both easily jealous.

the difference is that while Dong Hua doesn’t pay attention to his admirers, Feng Jiu is sociable and likes to make friends. Yeah, the husband will definitely be the jealous one in their relationship.

On 11/12/2020 at 12:04 PM, ChibiLy said:

Some how pranking a child feels wrong

I seem to remember DH grinning when Ali was insisting to Zhe Yan that the handkerchief he gave wasn't the right one. :lol:

On 11/10/2020 at 7:34 PM, Megan said:

Book or drama have their own charms. I like the book a bit more because of the details, and that I can visualize as far as the creative juice can while reading. I also love the drama in the sense that it was close to the story and the cast fits the characters as described in the book. The CGI and special effects have limitations given that ELOD was shot 2 years ago. I would have liked to see the Biyiniao folks in their bird forms...or using their wings. What was there though was IMO more than good enough - the baby fox, the Cang'he sword, breaking the wicked lotus realm, etc.

On 11/13/2020 at 8:12 PM, Megan said:

the difference is that while Dong Hua doesn’t pay attention to his admirers, Feng Jiu is sociable and likes to make friends. Yeah, the husband will definitely be the jealous one in their relationship.

I think DH got jaded by the demon beauties + pretty lad he had thrown out from his bed for years, and that his real reprieve from "predatory" immortals was only when he retired in Tai Chen palace. It became normal and natural for him not to pay any attention to his admirers to discourage them from making further moves.

FJ on the other hand didn't have the same problem of admirers...who would dare invade the fox den, or try to compromise her in Qing Qiu, or pull a fast one with her under the nose of her grandfather or uncles when she tags along? :sweatingbullets:

• Like 4

4 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

FJ on the other hand didn't have the same problem of admirers...who would dare invade the fox den, or try to compromise her in Qing Qiu, or pull a fast one with her under the nose of her grandfather or uncles when she tags along? :sweatingbullets:

Except that her family throws her to her admirers, hoping she will finally get married.

• Unamused 2

8 hours ago, Megan said:

Except that her family throws her to her admirers, hoping she will finally get married.

That irritated me... Regardless of their reason or good intentions. But then again, it was the custom to marry your child off. 

But Bai Yi allowing FJ to sign the mariage contract when he knew she was drunk? That's low. -_-

• Unamused 2

22 hours ago, Megan said:

13 hours ago, SilverDawn said:

That irritated me... Regardless of their reason or good intentions. But then again, it was the custom to marry your child off. 

But Bai Yi allowing FJ to sign the mariage contract when he knew she was drunk? That's low. -_-

That's why I mentioned the grandfather and uncles only...Bai Yi can't seem to see matters eye to eye with FJ. There's nothing wrong with looking for a good spouse for one's child, but the reason of Bai Yi rubs the wrong way - he wants a husband for FJ that can boost her authority as future monarch of Qing Qiu.

He undermines his own child's capabilities, not even considering that she was a very young queen. And if she's lacking on something, as the parent Bai Yi could have done something about it, not use that as a reason to find her a husband.

He mostly talks of Qing Qiu's face. At least Bai Qian tells her niece she has a family who would support her and Bai Zhen who wants FJ's happiness.

Like this. This is kinda funny, but it's also saddening. Was Bai Yi that desperate that even the recluse knows this? IMO this is way more embarrassing for Bai Yi, not for his daughter.

nGFW9B.gif

Spoiler

This is also a joke on DH. Turns out he's that "good man"? :lol:

@ChibiLy The mirth of DH, and the look ZY gave him ^_^

PCSBPQG.jpg

lXhTByN.jpg

Source: ELOD ep27, YT (screenshots and gif by poster)

• LOL 2

11 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

He undermines his own child's capabilities, not even considering that she was a very young queen. And if she's lacking on something, as the parent Bai Yi could have done something about it, not use that as a reason to find her a husband.

Like this. This is kinda funny, but it's also saddening.

I agree. I think it's belittling and stupid. Finding a strong and capable husband to "help" her rule, because she's lacking in his opinion, is a slap in his own face. How does it help his pride? The old goat is delusional. :lol: 

Coaxing her his one thing, but using force to marry his only daughter off?

And what's with all the whipping? Pfff I really dislike her father. 

I'm glad she's strong willed and followed her own heart. 

Bai Feng Jiu and Dong Hua in 2020 | Eternal love drama, Anime love couple,  Beautiful fantasy art

Source pinterest, uploaded by Aminata Madua

• Like 1
  • Love 4

2 hours ago, SilverDawn said:

I agree. I think it's belittling and stupid. Finding a strong and capable husband to "help" her rule, because she's lacking in his opinion, is a slap in his own face. How does it help his pride? The old goat is delusional. :lol: 

Coaxing her his one thing, but using force to marry his only daughter off?

And what's with all the whipping? Pfff I really dislike her father. 

I'm glad she's strong willed and followed her own heart. 

At least Bai Yi taught her something good, his sword skills. And passed her some of his artistic talents.

As a father in some aspects though...sigh, if he must really punish, he could at least do it privately, not with an audience. He was so not attuned to his daughter. It was shameful that Cang'yi was more caring and understanding, even if it is his properties that were destroyed by FJ.

I rather think that the fox den tradition of aunts and uncles raising their nieces and nephews stops (fortunately) with DH and FJ. :)

• Like 2
  • Wiggle 1

1 hour ago, MayanEcho said:

At least Bai Yi taught her something good, his sword skills. And passed her some of his artistic talents.

True, he's not all bad... I'll settle for half.

1 hour ago, MayanEcho said:

I rather think that the fox den tradition of aunts and unclear raising their nieces and nephews stops (fortunately) with DH and FJ. :)

Yes, I can't see either FJ or DH treating BGG the same way.:wub:

bai feng jiu | Tumblr

• Love 1
  • Wiggle 2

2 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

rather think that the fox den tradition of aunts and uncles raising their nieces and nephews stops (fortunately) with DH and FJ

1 hour ago, SilverDawn said:

Yes, I can't see either FJ or DH treating BGG the same way

Until Dong Hua decides he doesn’t want to share his wife with Gun Gun and sends him to Mount Kunlun lol

which would be weird because Dong Hua is just as capable as Mo Yuan at magic.

• LOL 1
  • Wiggle 1

15 minutes ago, Megan said:

Until Dong Hua decides he doesn’t want to share his wife with Gun Gun and sends him to Mount Kunlun lol

which would be weird because Dong Hua is just as capable as Mo Yuan at magic.

Uncle Mo Yuan is the teacher/master, hahaha! If he can discipline and take care of more than 10 immortal men while keeping his cool, he can look after Ali and BGG.

DH can always visit there to give tea lessons and how to cook sweet and sour fish. 

:Megalol:

• LOL 1

7 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Uncle Mo Yuan is the teacher/master, hahaha! If he can discipline and take care of more than 10 immortal men while keeping his cool, he can look after Ali and BGG.

DH can always visit there to give tea lessons and how to cook sweet and sour fish.

Actually so can FJ...

Just thought of a scenario.

After hearing Dong Hua’s cooking has improved, Lian Song decides to try his fish again. It was truly better.

But then while Feng Jiu is with Cheng Yu, Dong Hua is bored and decides to invite Lian Song to lunch again.

Lian Song chokes on the fish. “Why have you used your old recipe?”

Dong Hua: is there anything wrong with my old recipe?

Lian Song coughs. “Nothing wrong at all. It is just so....je ne sais quoi...i feel I should let others taste it to share my feelings. I know, I’ll invite Si Ming and Qingti.”

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • LOL 3