[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

2 hours ago, Megan said:

That’s ironic. To claim that just because you are celestial that means you are good. And being a demon means you’re bad.

Su Jin and Zhihe are clearly evil celestial.

and I like Xuyang and Xiaoyan. And even Shao Wan. They are demons and yet seem so much nicer than the snobbish celestial who bullied poor Su Su

Ironic, but they have nothing to do on why Miao Luo says DH made her a demon. 

Drama POV, Miao Luo was a demon Lord who challenged DH as the ruler of the universe. Life for other beings are expendables and means nothing to her. Whereas DH is cultivating continuously such that even if he's supposed to be retired as heavenly Lord, he's still quietly keeping the realms safe.

Both can kill without batting their eyelids. DH himself used to decide who gets to live and who'll die. But never indiscriminately like Miao Luo does. That was the reason of the war in the first place between the celestials and demons. 

24 minutes ago, Megan said:

Looking back, how do you think Dong Hua, during those 200 years, will think of Meng Hao’s sacrifice for love? 
that he finally understands his general’s decisions. And that love is not so worthless, after all. Even though it caused him 200 years of angst, he would not trade those 2 weeks at Bihai for anything.

Since its FJ he still wants to see before he thought he'll die, then she was all he thinks of during their separation.

If Meng Hao was ever in his mind, hopefully DH doesn't feel any bitterness since his former general's daughter betrayed him and her father. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

2 hours ago, Megan said:

That’s ironic. To claim that just because you are celestial that means you are good. And being a demon means you’re bad.

Su Jin and Zhihe are clearly evil celestial.

and I like Xuyang and Xiaoyan. And even Shao Wan. They are demons and yet seem so much nicer than the snobbish celestial who bullied poor Su Su

Ironic, but they have nothing to do on why Miao Luo says DH made her a demon. 

Drama POV, Miao Luo was a demon Lord who challenged DH as the ruler of the universe. Life for other beings are expendables and means nothing to her. Whereas DH is cultivating continuously such that even if he's supposed to be retired as heavenly Lord, he's still quietly keeping the realms safe.

Both can kill without batting their eyelids. DH himself used to decide who gets to live and who'll die. But never indiscriminately like Miao Luo does. That was the reason of the war in the first place between the celestials and demons

Now I’m getting confused again. How does this relate to Miao Luo blaming Dong Hua for making her a demon?

31 minutes ago, Megan said:

Now I’m getting confused again. How does this relate to Miao Luo blaming Dong Hua for making her a demon?

Methinks it's her version of "you made me do it".

Her "made me a demon" is alluding to that figure of speech that equates demons to villains. 

• Insightful 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Megan said:

Looking back, how do you think Dong Hua, during those 200 years, will think of Meng Hao’s sacrifice for love? 
that he finally understands his general’s decisions. And that love is not so worthless, after all. Even though it caused him 200 years of angst, he would not trade those 2 weeks at Bihai for anything.

Before he didn't understand what love is or felt like. I don't think he thought it worthless, he just didn't understand it. So I agree with what you said; now that he understands/feels love, he would give his life for his family- a concept that was also foreign to him before. 

• Like 3

Thanks to ELOD, I am now obsessed with foxes and am trying to seek more fox fiction from Asian myths.

Chinese: read Chinese fairy tales and legends & strange tales from a Chinese studio

Japan: Helen the Baby fox is a sad movie but has lots of cute foxes

Korea: Wicked Fox is a novel

• Like 1

On 11/7/2020 at 4:15 PM, Megan said:

Thanks to ELOD, I am now obsessed with foxes and am trying to seek more fox fiction from Asian myths.

Chinese: read Chinese fairy tales and legends & strange tales from a Chinese studio

Japan: Helen the Baby fox is a sad movie but has lots of cute foxes

Korea: Wicked Fox is a novel

I'm currently watching a Korean drama called: Tale of the nine tailed...

I was drawn by the title. :lol:

14 hours ago, Megan said:

Do you think if Jiheng talked to Dong Hua while possessed, that Dong Hua would detect Miao Luo?

I think he could tell if Ji Heng was "off" somehow. He knew she had been possessed during the tournament in FV. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Megan said:

Supposing Feng Jiu did ask for Dong Hua’s approval to go comfort Meng Shao over his dead cricket....do you think Dong Hua would agree? Keep in mind Xiao Yan will be a loud witness to this moment.

He will either flat out refuse, or he goes with them. The ward after all isn't just for confined training, it's to keep FJ safe from Miao Luo who already "visited" her for the red qi.

If he goes with them, he'll probably just knock out Meng Shao the way he did with Shen Ye. :lol: That is, if Meng Shao talks even more of his crush, lol!

• LOL 3

33 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

If he goes with them, he'll probably just knock out Meng Shao the way he did with Shen Ye. :lol: That is, if Meng Shao talks even more of his crush, lol!

That would be interesting to witness. Dong Hua is already jealousy of her drinking buddies.

• LOL 3

1 hour ago, MayanEcho said:

He will either flat out refuse, or he goes with them. The ward after all isn't just for confined training, it's to keep FJ safe from Miao Luo who already "visited" her for the red qi.

I choose option C. He may very well refuse AND knock out Meng Shao...

That way he can tell FJ he fixed the problem. :wow1:

• LOL 3
  • Insightful 1

4 minutes ago, SilverDawn said:

I choose option C. He may very well refuse AND knock out Meng Shao...

That way he can tell FJ he fixed the problem. 

I'm reimagining that scenario, wherein DH hears from Jielu that Meng Shao is crying over the dead cricket from FJ...then Meng Shao tells DH that he wanted to escape Fanyij Valley that day to pursue FJ but he was knocked out by Jiuge and Xiao Yan.

Imagining the vinegar face...

:Megalol:

• LOL 3

12 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

I'm reimagining that scenario, wherein DH hears from Jielu that Meng Shao is crying over the dead cricket from FJ...then Meng Shao tells DH that he wanted to escape Fanyij Valley that day to pursue FJ but he was knocked out by Jiuge and Xiao Yan.

Imagining the vinegar face...

I shudder at the mere thought.. :crazy:

The squinting eyes or "owl look" springs to mind....

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

13 minutes ago, SilverDawn said:

I shudder at the mere thought.. :crazy:

The squinting eyes or "owl look" springs to mind....

What if he kinda "gossips" with Jielu/Meng Shao that FJ is already married? :naughty:

He doesn't talk much but when it comes to FJ he can do and say anything...like that gossip of DH having a special one reaching Fanyin Valley :lol:

Hmm, what if, that fairy seen bathing with him at the hotspring gossip was deliberately spread ahead at Fanyin Valley so that Biyiniao folks won't be surprised anymore of him chasing FJ? :w00t:

:yaaa:

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Insightful 1

20 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

What if he kinda "gossips" with Jielu/Meng Shao that FJ is already married? :naughty:

He doesn't talk much but when it comes to FJ he can do and say anything...like that gossip of DH having a special one reaching Fanyin Valley :lol:

Feng Jiu would box his ears ... or (trying to) break him like a stick me thinks!

Besides he kicked Xiao Yan out of his home and moved in nexr door. And he openly held and kissed her forehead when they entered Aranya's dream. 

His actions show she's not to be messed with and she's his.

25 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Hmm, what if, that fairy seen bathing with him at the hotspring gossip was deliberately spread ahead at Fanyin Valley so that Biyiniao folks won't be surprised anymore of him chasing FJ? :w00t:

Correct me if I'm wrong but the Biyiniao's did know of that story, didn't they, just not that it was Feng Jiu? btw Dong Hua did absolutely nothing to stop that piece of gossip! :lol: By not stopping it he, imo, encouraged it to spread to all realms! 

• Naughty 1
  • LOL 2
  • Awesome 1

On 11/9/2020 at 9:02 PM, SilverDawn said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but the Biyiniao's did know of that story, didn't they, just not that it was Feng Jiu? btw Dong Hua did absolutely nothing to stop that piece of gossip! :lol: By not stopping it he, imo, encouraged it to spread to all realms

No, they didn't, but DH sorta confirms who she is as soon as he asked who will be serving him then if she's in water dungeon. Coz it was usually the musician,  right? 

The face of Fuzi before he hurriedly left them! :lol:

And then what he tells FJ who was sleeping in the class...that she's not sleepy because she was studying? :lol:

• Shocked 1
  • LOL 2