[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

20 hours ago, Megan said:

Do you guys think that if Feng Jiu had been reluctant to accept Dong Hua’s courting in Aranya’s Dream, do you think he would use the amnesia potion on her?

To borrow Su Moye's view on how Dong Hua courted Feng Jiu in Aranya's dream, his courtship is not the way "usual courtship" is done. ^_^ They were already a "couple" in the dream realm. Thinking it over though, of all people DH will impersonate, it would be the husband of Aranya?  IMO, that says something of these two's fate. :)

And yet, drama book POV, they didn't meet right away, book POV, DH Xi Ze didn't know FJ's primordial spirit is with his "wife" until much later. Why is that so, if not an indication of how fragile their fate is? Even Su Moye who was sent to help them complicated matters with his own agenda.

I think DH was playing it by the ear on whether to use the potion or not. Perhaps if he didn't inquire about their fate, and heard how they weren't originally fated, he possibly wouldn't have to. He's the sort who will defy anything though and soldier on to what he desires - this time to keep the relationship with FJ no matter what it takes. 

DH could have done it the right way if he listened to Lian Song's advise, that he ask FJ for forgiveness for impersonating Xi Ze, among other misunderstandings. He was, however, in love for the first time, and he's also afraid that telling the truth will lose her. That fear and what he knew about them had him resort to using the amnesia potion.

It's inexcusable of course, since it's sheer manipulation to gain and keep what he wants, when a good talk to clear matters between them could have done (or not) the same. I do also believe though that this is also a first for him to be actually afraid of something, and his fear consumed him enough, that the way he dealt with it is not how he normally would decide things over. 

They really love and live for each other though, that even if they parted ways for hundred of years, the bond between FJ and DH remained strong and faithful whatever fate or destiny has in store for them. His FJ loves him just as much as he does, that his transgressions from the past did not make her hesitate nor diminish her wanting to follow him and be with him for always.

• Love 2
  • Wiggle 1

I have a question . When ye hua hurt susu during her trials, is it also part of what was written on her trial? does he need to act like a cruel person to her and doesn’t he control his actions? 
I am wondering if it is the same with the people who hurted susu during her trial like sujin ?

so for the trial, they were sent to mortal realms to be reborn, the parents that raised them are they still blood related to them? Like song xuanren from pillow book

3 hours ago, Koreandramafan said:

I have a question . When ye hua hurt susu during her trials, is it also part of what was written on her trial? does he need to act like a cruel person to her and doesn’t he control his actions? 

Drama POV, the relationship trial of Su Su (Bai Qian) was of getting hurt not always necessarily and purposely, but of how she regards the actions of the one she loves. 

Ye Hua at that time thought that she will be protected if he doesn't treat her as someone important to him. Note that Tianjun wanted Su Su killed as soon as she was captured, and only her pregnancy saved her from death, and of Ye Hua himself almost getting killed during the battle against the merfolks - IIRC, his mother Consort Lexu reasoned out that if the baby and mother were killed, there would have been no memento from Ye Hua. 

Given that even Li Jing himself understood that the celestials would not really let Su Su live, Ye Hua pretended to be indifferent, he didn't really do anything against the bullying, to deflect Tianjun's rage against her. Unfortunately,  he never told her anything, but let her think he doesn't care anymore. The worst of it was when she lost her eyes, with Ye Hua agreeing to that punishment. She did not, however, knew that wasn't just it - he took the lightning strikes for her. For someone pregnant and mortal, how will she survive even a night had he not intervene to take those instead?

At that point though, Su Su lost her trust of her husband, thinking that he doesn't care anymore, and that what she holds dear, her wishes and dreams, were nothing and don't warrant consideration. She was at her lowest point when Ye Hua didn't believe her over Su Jin, then he himself took away her eyes. 

I am wondering if it is the same with the people who hurted susu during her trial like sujin ?

Sujin has been manipulative even before Su Su came to picture. Long story short, she would be punished later on for her actions not just to Su Su, but for framing Yuan Zhen. She is bold to do crimes because she had the backing of Tianjun, whose grudges cloud his judgments even to his own grandson.

so for the trial, they were sent to mortal realms to be reborn, the parents that raised them are they still blood related to them? Like song xuanren from pillow book

In TMOPB, the immortals sent and reborn to the mortal realm save for Dong Hua, were there for punishments. Their parents in the mortal realm are their relatives in that realm. Like Ye Hua has mentioned, my mother in the mortal realm, after he came back to Jiuchongtian.

ELOD drama POV, Song Xuan Ren is an incarnation of Dong Hua in the mortal realm to help gain back his cultivation while he's in deep sleep at Tai Chen Palace. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Megan said:

For his friends, Dong Hua brings out his sweet and sour fish.

for his love rivals, Dong Hua brings out his sword.

friends look on love rivals enviously. Lucky...

I've always thought his awful sweet and sour fishes were his means to ask his friends to teach him how to cook. :lol: But then, Dong Hua doesn't like to be beholden to anyone...so he makes them collapse from a mere whiff, until someone would show him how. :sweatingbullets:

It sure looks like it's more honorable dying by Cang'he than by tasting fish!

:bashful:

19 hours ago, Koreandramafan said:

Does anyone what is the death trial means ? How about great tribulations? How is it different from the trials? 

Is there a scene or are there scenes in TMOPB or ELOD, or mentioned in either books the dramas were adapted from, for your questions? We can check it out and see if we can answer your queries. ^_^

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MayanEcho said:

I've always thought his awful sweet and sour fishes were his means to ask his friends to teach him how to cook. :lol: But then, Dong Hua doesn't like to be beholden to anyone...so he makes them collapse from a mere whiff, until someone would show him how. 

Seriously how is he bad at cooking? He can watch his staff cook. He can even get his Chef to teach him. So why not? 

News: recently I found out there are ELOD lego on Carousell. What?!

it’s a shame it ain’t Barbie dolls otherwise I would so want them. But I ain’t interested in lego.

if only there was ELOD manhua...

I have to say, I prefer the book version of Dong Hua skipping his wedding to look for his fox. RATHER than Dong Hua learning of his fox’s absence after the wedding and Zhihe’s trial!!!

• Blob 1

3 minutes ago, Megan said:

Seriously how is he bad at cooking? He can watch his staff cook. He can even get his Chef to teach him. So why not? 

Eh, they will not be as frank as friends would be. ^_^ Except that the sweet and sour fish of his has become so notoriously well known it must be one more shield so that no one tries to sneak in his bed. LOL.

DH doesn't really mingle either, doubtful he'll be happy in the company of potential admirers who'll say yes to anything and not critique him honestly. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Eh, they will not be as frank as friends would be. ^_^ Except that the sweet and sour fish of his has become so notoriously well known it must be one more shield so that no one tries to sneak in his bed. LOL.

DH doesn't really mingle either, doubtful he'll be happy in the company of potential admirers who'll say yes to anything and not critique him honestly. 

Not like his friends are any better. The closest Lian Song came to complaining was when Dong Hua claimed he cooked Feng Jiu’s fish.

i highly doubt his admirers were given his infamous fish. The proof is Zhihe and Jiheng. 
actually come to think of it...Dong Hua pretty much repels Lian Song, Si Ming and Feng Jiu if he were to invite them to a meal of fish. But he never extends the same invitation to the girls he wants gone from his life. He should have just fed them and poof, no more obsessive sister or demon princess

• LOL 1

28 minutes ago, Megan said:

Not like his friends are any better. The closest Lian Song came to complaining was when Dong Hua claimed he cooked Feng Jiu’s fish.

i highly doubt his admirers were given his infamous fish. The proof is Zhihe and Jiheng. 
actually come to think of it...Dong Hua pretty much repels Lian Song, Si Ming and Feng Jiu if he were to invite them to a meal of fish. But he never extends the same invitation to the girls he wants gone from his life. He should have just fed them and poof, no more obsessive sister or demon princess

Come to think of it, who would really dare, actually? :sweatingbullets: 

Lian Song made face when Dong Hua was so proudly telling him his fox is special coz it likes his fish. Nyahahaha! But he also said that DH take another hobby that time when Si Ming fainted while trying to taste his fish.

I still kinda think he wants one of the three to be bold enough and show him how to cook edible fish. Dang, at least he can roast sweet potatoes, LOL!

Sigh, Zhi He was served a fish. Too bad she didn't eat it. 

Nope, he doesn't really invite the obsessive admirers for food...neither does he really like their cooking. He didn't taste that "second" batch of sorrowless pastry, while the other's soup was dripping from the spoon before it went flying.

:offtospace:

• Wiggle 1

1 hour ago, Megan said:

I think maybe the baby fox would have. She tried to tell him his food was bad but he misunderstood her.

She certainly did! :sweat_smile:

First try, he gave her more. :scream:

Next time she wanted to tell again, after her fur started to fall off, she heard him proudly saying she's special coz she "likes" his "deadly" fish. :skull:

She should be in the books for that feat!

H2TcyL.gif

Source: ELOD, YT (screenshot gif by poster)

• LOL 1

4 hours ago, Megan said:

Reading the part where Dong Hua suggests he ask the Sky lord for more power since the Bai’s ideal son in law must have that.

can you imagine what the Sky lord would do?

LOL if Hao De tries anything funny as leverage for that power sharing...like asking DH to take Zhi Yue as side consort.

• Unamused 1
  • Blob 1

3 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

LOL if Hao De tries anything funny as leverage for that power sharing...like asking DH to take Zhi Yue as side consort.

He better not!

that old man is always trying to appease him. Does he honestly think he can manipulate Dijun?

• LOL 2

3 hours ago, Megan said:

He better not!

that old man is always trying to appease him. Does he honestly think he can manipulate Dijun?

Sigh, the old goat has to retire soon. Before he causes more problems again, this time to Lian Song and Cheng Yu.

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1