[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

1 hour ago, Megan said:

Hmm...question, why didn’t he just outright ask for Feng Jiu to serve him rather than Jiheng? I mean I get he has to make sure Jiheng is ok, but...

Maybe because in the past Ji Heng does not voluntarily serve him. Zhong Lin had to tell her to show some act of gratitude by preparing DH's tea or meals during his stay at FV. <_<

Anyhow, with Feng Jiu itching to have a fight with him when he arrived, won't be wise that he asks her outright to look after his meals. Uncle's diarrhea thanks to the croton seeds, hahaha! :rolleyes: Besides, he was housed in another courtyard, and she was sharing another with Xiao Yan. 

So either exchange places FJ to JH (LOL, that will so never happen), or dangle the incentive that makes XY agreeably swap with DH. Neat, as always.

:yay:

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

2 hours ago, SilverDawn said:

Result... DH gets what he wants... 

I've often thought that a lot of DH's moves are similar to what is written in Sun Tzu's The Art of War. :) 

"Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak."

"The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting."

"Supreme excellence consists of breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting."

"In the midst of chaos, there is also opportunity."

"The greatest victory is that which requires no battle."

"Engage people with what they expect; it is what they are able to discern and confirms their projections. It settles them into predictable patterns of response, occupying their minds while you wait for the extraordinary moment — that which they cannot anticipate."

"Move swift as the Wind and closely-formed as the Wood. Attack like the Fire and be still as the Mountain."

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Wiggle 1

Do you guys know what level of immortal FJ is? Is she simply a fairy? immortal? Hight immortal? 

Just thinking what would be her trials now that she already suffered greatly in the physical aspects (injuring her primordial spirit many times) and she's not really short on love trials either. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Winko_Life said:

Do you guys know what level of immortal FJ is? Is she simply a fairy? immortal? Hight immortal? 

Just thinking what would be her trials now that she already suffered greatly in the physical aspects (injuring her primordial spirit many times) and she's not really short on love trials either. 

As of The Pillow Book's writing, she is an immortal nine-tailed fox fairy. She did not ascend yet.

For the first ascension, the immortal is tested by 3 bolts of heavenly lightnings to become a high immortal/god/goddess. If the fairy/immortal doesn't have enough cultivation at the time of trial, he or she will fade into nothingness.

Much later on, the high immortal undergoes heavenly trials for the high god/high goddess status. Unlike the three bolts of lightning, the heavenly trials can not be predicted on when would it happen, and it can be anything, not just love trials.

• Insightful 1

6 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

You can vote if you have weibo or wechat account. Links are in the twitter post's thread. :)

Edit: posted the links ^_^

Thanks. Using Weibo is hard but I finally got to vote for the drama, the actor and the actress. I used all my votes.

• Wiggle 2

21 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

I've often thought that a lot of DH's moves are similar to what is written in Sun Tzu's The Art of War. :) 

"Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak."

"The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting."

"Supreme excellence consists of breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting."

"In the midst of chaos, there is also opportunity."

"The greatest victory is that which requires no battle."

"Engage people with what they expect; it is what they are able to discern and confirms their projections. It settles them into predictable patterns of response, occupying their minds while you wait for the extraordinary moment — that which they cannot anticipate."

"Move swift as the Wind and closely-formed as the Wood. Attack like the Fire and be still as the Mountain."

True! I'd say he was the ghost writer. :D Or the writer based his rules on DH's style of doing things... It's very much like DH!

• Blob 1

Something to be excited about for Lotus Steps, Bodhi Fate...and The Pillow Book of course!

Note: Copied auto-translated text, Google Lens translation, and some editing for grammar/context from below link:

Update from TQ

1. The Lotus Steps is divided into two books, The Mortal Scroll and Eight Desolation Scroll. Each book will have two volumes. The first book will be published before the Lunar New Year. The first volume will also include the 50,000 words "The Pillow Book" extra, which would be about the ancient history of Dong Hua, and the Dong Feng family at present.

2. The second volume of the Mortal Scroll will have about 100,000 words of new content.

3. The remaining two volumes of the Eight Desolation Scrolls are expected to be finished before the Chinese New Year next year.

PS: Tang Qi has finished writing the outline of The Bodhi Fate.

• Love 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Wiggle 4
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, MayanEcho said:

Do you remember this? :)

When Vengo mentioned ELOD 2?

It will be really awesome if both of them will be DH and FJ to all drama adaptations of 3L3W! 

:happydance:

I wish! It would be better if it Reba and Vengo reprise their roles once again. Their roles are so iconic that nobody can replace them. Same with Mark and Yangmi. Nobody can replace them in the 3L3W universe. 

But if there really is a chance for ELOD 2, I will be in cloud 9!

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Blob 2

26 minutes ago, triplesung said:

I wish! It would be better if it Reba and Vengo reprise their roles once again. Their roles are so iconic that nobody can replace them. Same with Mark and Yangmi. Nobody can replace them in the 3L3W universe. 

In the additional Pillow Book volume, and if Vengo and Reba reprise their roles should the extra or Lotus Steps is adapted into a drama, I'm hoping to read or see:

1. Loose haired Dong Hua, like that in the original Pillow Book illustration. :D

2. Their very, very, very delayed, 200 days of wedding reception and Feng Jiu's 200 wedding dresses that DH crafted during their 200 years of separation. :wub:

3. Sibling/s for Bai Gun Gun. :)

4. BGG's (mis)adventures with Ali, Xie Guchou, and the Dong Feng avengers. :lol:

• Love 1
  • Wiggle 3
  • Blob 1

45 minutes ago, triplesung said:

I beg to differ. Ok, while I cannot see anyone else being Dong Hua and Feng Jiu, Liu Yifei and Yang Yang will always be the ideal Bai Qian and Ye Hua for me.

though I must admit, would you rather see an ELOD movie with different cast now, or later when the ELOD fire has been cooled?

30 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

In the additional Pillow Book volume, and if Vengo and Reba reprise their roles should the extra or Lotus Steps is adapted into a drama, I'm hoping to read or see:

1. Loose haired Dong Hua, like that in the original Pillow Book illustration. :D

2. Their very, very, very delayed, 200 days of wedding reception and Feng Jiu's 200 wedding dresses that DH crafted during their 200 years of separation. :wub:

3. Sibling/s for Bai Gun Gun. :)

4. BGG's (mis)adventures with Ali, Xie Guchou, and the Dong Feng avengers. :lol:

I want to see Gun Gun vs Dong Hua in who can keep Feng Jiu’s attention. All the while Dong Hua tries to appeal to his son who is not happy that Dong Hua is not an ideal father.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Megan said:

I beg to differ. Ok, while I cannot see anyone else being Dong Hua and Feng Jiu, Liu Yifei and Yang Yang will always be the ideal Bai Qian and Ye Hua for me.

though I must admit, would you rather see an ELOD movie with different cast now, or later when the ELOD fire has been cooled?

I want to see Gun Gun vs Dong Hua in who can keep Feng Jiu’s attention. All the while Dong Hua tries to appeal to his son who is not happy that Dong Hua is not an ideal father.

Yang Yang is visually attractive but I think Mark's acting has more substance. 

ELOD aired 3 years after TMOPB, and still managed to be the top viewed web drama of the year. If the producers are smart, they will keep the original cast.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ChibiLy said:

Yang Yang is visually attractive but I think Mark's acting has more substance.

To each her own. I was actually more moved by YY’s acting because I cried when he told Bai Qian the truth. Actually I think I cried like 2 or 3 times watching the movie.

i never cried watching the drama.

watching ELOD, I did cry. Poor Xuan Ren! I keep crying.

still, would you want an ELOD movie with different casting now or later?

• Like 1

The movie of TMOPB is so watered down in terms of plot and character development due to its length constraint that it cannot match the impact of the TV drama. I find Yang Yang didn’t have the maturity 

(that comes with life experiences) needed for the role of Ye Hua although he had the looks. He did cry beautifully but it did not move me due to the lack of build up in his portrayal of the character.

In general, I don’t like movie adaptations as they are too short and tend to be inferior productions made to milk the cash cow.

• Like 3