Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MayanEcho

[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

Recommended Posts

I wonder...is there a way to ask for the manhua and official English translation to be written and published? If 三生三世十里桃花 has them, so should ELOD! I can’t get enough of this stuff!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dreams87 said:

I thought it was only me. I only watch the full episode of everything for my first time as for my second and counting :P I always skip JH and ML and Demon realm scene. Clearly I only looking for dongfeng romance :love:

I actually like watching scenes where Jiheng gets jealous. I skip the rest.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Dreams87 said:

I thought it was only me. I only watch the full episode of everything for my first time as for my second and counting :P I always skip JH and ML and Demon realm scene. Clearly I only looking for dongfeng romance :love:

That is so me! After many rewatch, I have started to appreciate the mortal realm. But I can't stand watching the part when SRX found out Siu jiu had 'eloped' with his general. The heartbreak is too real!

I know he isn't DH, but man, I can’t bear seeing his usually optimistic face turn despair. 

  • Like 3
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seeing episode 29, while Dong Hua came partly to save Feng Jiu, why was he even stalking her invisibly?! I know he’s interested, but when did he start following her?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am considering a fic idea. Let me know what you think Dong Hua’s reaction will be!

so FJ’s Grandmother likes to matchmake her granddaughter. We all know Feng Jiu is bad at school. What if her grandmother arranged for FJ to have a handsome, respectable and powerful immortal to be her tutor. One tutor per subject.

now that Feng Jiu has awoken from her coma and has to resume her studies, she is also wondering if her tutors can come over without her Husband being jealous. She regards her tutors as buddies and likewise.

how do you think Dong Hua will react 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, ChibiLy said:

That is so me! After many rewatch, I have started to appreciate the mortal realm. But I can't stand watching the part when SRX found out Siu jiu had 'eloped' with his general. The heartbreak is too real!

I know he isn't DH, but man, I can’t bear seeing his usually optimistic face turn despair. 

Ditto. I’m actually quiet enjoy the mortal realm too because at least for once and the first time it was DH (even though is not really him) fall deeply in love with FJ. And the bonus is seeing V in his black hair is actually pretty charming as well. Thank God it was nothing like the mortal realm in TMOPB ;)

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Remember when DH and FJ we’re trapped together for the night. Dong Hua mentioned that he thinks FJ is holding a grudge then later asks what she thinks of Xiao Yan. Remember that Dong Hua used the full formal name Yan Chiwu but FJ called him Xiao Yan.

Dong Hua calls Bai FJ “Xiao Bai”

FJ calls Yan Chiwu “Xiao Yan”

im thinking maybe Dong Hua was also jealous that Feng Jiu gave XY a similar nickname with the same surname format, not just because she has a better impression of XY

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Megan said:

Seeing episode 29, while Dong Hua came partly to save Feng Jiu, why was he even stalking her invisibly?! I know he’s interested, but when did he start following her?

Was he really stalking her? There was a few times when DH was obviously following her. But for majority of the times I thought he was also there to make sure the Demoness was still trapped, so he was patrolling the premise but FJ happened to be there, for example,  when FJ and XY went to check out the location to steal the fruit. 

 

39 minutes ago, Megan said:

I am considering a fic idea. Let me know what you think Dong Hua’s reaction will be!

so FJ’s Grandmother likes to matchmake her granddaughter. We all know Feng Jiu is bad at school. What if her grandmother arranged for FJ to have a handsome, respectable and powerful immortal to be her tutor. One tutor per subject.

now that Feng Jiu has awoken from her coma and has to resume her studies, she is also wondering if her tutors can come over without her Husband being jealous. She regards her tutors as buddies and likewise.

how do you think Dong Hua will react 

DH will throw out the tutor, and teach FJ himself!

 

20 minutes ago, Megan said:

Remember when DH and FJ we’re trapped together for the night. Dong Hua mentioned that he thinks FJ is holding a grudge then later asks what she thinks of Xiao Yan. Remember that Dong Hua used the full formal name Yan Chiwu but FJ called him Xiao Yan.

Dong Hua calls Bai FJ “Xiao Bai”

FJ calls Yan Chiwu “Xiao Yan”

im thinking maybe Dong Hua was also jealous that Feng Jiu gave XY a similar nickname with the same surname format, not just because she has a better impression of XY

24 minutes ago, Dreams87 said:

Ditto. I’m actually quiet enjoy the mortal realm too because at least for once and the first time it was DH (even though is not really him) fall deeply in love with FJ. And the bonus is seeing V in his black hair is actually pretty charming as well. Thank God it was nothing like the mortal realm in TMOPB ;)

 Vengo looked so handsome with the high pony tail hair style. 

That mustache in TMOPB is a no go! It seemed like there mission to make DH look as ugly as possible in the mortal realm!

Tha

23 minutes ago, Megan said:

Remember when DH and FJ we’re trapped together for the night. Dong Hua mentioned that he thinks FJ is holding a grudge then later asks what she thinks of Xiao Yan. Remember that Dong Hua used the full formal name Yan Chiwu but FJ called him Xiao Yan.

Dong Hua calls Bai FJ “Xiao Bai”

FJ calls Yan Chiwu “Xiao Yan”

im thinking maybe Dong Hua was also jealous that Feng Jiu gave XY a similar nickname with the same surname format, not just because she has a better impression of XY

The nick name, plus FJ was spending so much time with him. It's not a surprise that DH may believe FJ have feelings for XY.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, ChibiLy said:

But for majority of the times I thought he was also there to make sure the Demoness was still trapped, so he was patrolling the premise but FJ happened to be there, for example,  when FJ and XY went to check out the location to steal the fruit. 

Excellent theory! That could so be it.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Megan said:

I’m curious. Remember after Jiheng came over to DH’s room in the middle of the night and ran away crying. They later showed a scene of her crying and staring in the mirror. What was all that about? The previous scene already showed her leaving in despair and heartbreak. Was the mirror scene trying to show us she was comparing her beauty to FJ?

 

JH was staring at the mirror, pitying and  comparing herself to FJ who was still known as Jiuge that time. She was known as the rare beauty in the demonlandia. In the book, she intended to "move" DH with how she looks. <_<

 

Ever since Dijun came to stay here, she was always the one to wait on him. There were times when she even pretended to not know he was inside and just walked in without knocking. Dijun had never said anything. That night, she had the same intention of quietly coming into Dijun's room to add more incense for him. If Dijun was asleep, the next day when he found out she had added incense for him, he would see how much she cared for him. If Dijun was awake, she wanted to grab this opportunity to confess her feelings to him. She knew she was beautiful; she knew even better that she was most beautiful under the vague moonlight. Even if she couldn't move his heart, she would still be able to leave a lasting impression. 


With these thoughts, she eagerly pushed open the door to Dijun's chamber. Right afterward... she cried and ran back. She cried several more days until she heard Dijun would soon be leaving the valley. She dried her tears, calmed down, and realized this was her last chance. (PB2, p365)

 

That should teach her not to just barge in somebody's room, even if the one occupying it used not to say anything when she did. :lol: JH is so old and still she doesn't have manners where and when it matters. She definitely deserves being called a "mouse". (PB2, p357)

 

Reading further along, despite what she and the Biyinao folks had seen when DH entered the dream for FJ, and intimacy she herself witnessed between FJ and DH, JH still thinks that DH belongs to her. (PB2, p.365- 367) Right, use the father card again too, as well, to get her way. After some more words including with FJ, DH being DH, had enough.

 

Donghua suddenly spoke up: “Your father entrusted you to my care before he died. However, I've never liked to take care of someone who wants too many things from me.” Jiheng's face instantly turned ashen. At last, she miserably said, “I understand.” (PB2, p367)

  • Like 4
  • Unamused 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Megan said:

I wonder...is there a way to ask for the manhua and official English translation to be written and published? If 三生三世十里桃花 has them, so should ELOD! I can’t get enough of this stuff!

 

Hamster's and others did a good job with The Pillow Book, just a few editing, and cross-check with grammar, spelling, and any unclear or wrong translations. I also want an officially translated book released, same as TMOPB, though The Sky Kingdom was very dry and clinical. I thought I was reading an academic dissertation with that one! :sweatingbullets:

 

The next book Lotus Steps is also something to watch out for. I've been reading the browser's auto-translated chapters, and even if the translation it comes out with is quite crappy almost all the time, it's a beautiful story. 

 

I'm so looking forward to when ELOD translating team start releasing their LS in English. :wub:

 

Ahahaha, Lian Song is really half raised by Dong Hua. DH would be more rich if he collects dormitory charges from Tianjun! :lol:

 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ChibiLy said:

The nick name, plus FJ was spending so much time with him. It's not a surprise that DH may believe FJ have feelings for XY.

 

DH got aware that even a demon lord, much less the one he was dueling with, would be very good friends and takes care of Xiao Bai. Worse, she is very close to XY too, hahaha! DH's worst nightmare! :lol: He's probably seething that he missed FJ for 6months, and when he sees her, she prefers XY's company to his! :P

  • Like 1
  • LOL 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dreams87 said:

Ditto. I’m actually quiet enjoy the mortal realm too because at least for once and the first time it was DH (even though is not really him) fall deeply in love with FJ. And the bonus is seeing V in his black hair is actually pretty charming as well. Thank God it was nothing like the mortal realm in TMOPB ;)

 

I love the mortal realm. It's like seeing DH, before he has to become the icy faced deity.

 

I admire SXR, that he could put behind the wrongs of FJ and YQT. Had he been another emperor, they would have been immediately executed without any chances to have their sides heard. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ChibiLy said:

That is so me! After many rewatch, I have started to appreciate the mortal realm. But I can't stand watching the part when SRX found out Siu jiu had 'eloped' with his general. The heartbreak is too real!

I know he isn't DH, but man, I can’t bear seeing his usually optimistic face turn despair. 

 

The one time I can hate FJ with how much ruckus she can create. And SXR still forgave her, even pled to the dowager empress for her to be freed.

  • Like 3
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ChibiLy said:

Was he really stalking her? There was a few times when DH was obviously following her. But for majority of the times I thought he was also there to make sure the Demoness was still trapped, so he was patrolling the premise but FJ happened to be there, for example,  when FJ and XY went to check out the location to steal the fruit. 

 

I don't think either that he's really stalking FJ except for a few times like when she checked out the snake formation, and when she sneaked out to comfort Meng Shao. Though DH said he came to save her, the main priority remains to be Huiming realm and Miao Luo.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

 

DH got aware that even a demon lord, much less the one he was dueling with, would be very good friends and takes care of Xiao Bai. Worse, she is very close to XY too, hahaha! DH's worst nightmare! :lol: He's probably seething that he missed FJ for 6months, and when he sees her, she prefers XY's company to his! :P

Not to mention the fact that they live in the same courtyard and Xiao Yan casually enters her chambers like it’s normal...

  • Like 1
  • LOL 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MayanEcho said:

 

JH was staring at the mirror, pitying and  comparing herself to FJ who was still known as Jiuge that time. She was known as the rare beauty in the demonlandia. In the book, she intended to "move" DH with how she looks. <_<

 

Ever since Dijun came to stay here, she was always the one to wait on him. There were times when she even pretended to not know he was inside and just walked in without knocking. Dijun had never said anything. That night, she had the same intention of quietly coming into Dijun's room to add more incense for him. If Dijun was asleep, the next day when he found out she had added incense for him, he would see how much she cared for him. If Dijun was awake, she wanted to grab this opportunity to confess her feelings to him. She knew she was beautiful; she knew even better that she was most beautiful under the vague moonlight. Even if she couldn't move his heart, she would still be able to leave a lasting impression. 


With these thoughts, she eagerly pushed open the door to Dijun's chamber. Right afterward... she cried and ran back. She cried several more days until she heard Dijun would soon be leaving the valley. She dried her tears, calmed down, and realized this was her last chance. (PB2, p365)

 

That should teach her not to just barge in somebody's room, even if the one occupying it used not to say anything when she did. :lol: JH is so old and still she doesn't have manners where and when it matters. She definitely deserves being called a "mouse". (PB2, p357)

 

Reading further along, despite what she and the Biyinao folks had seen when DH entered the dream for FJ, and intimacy she herself witnessed between FJ and DH, JH still thinks that DH belongs to her. (PB2, p.365- 367) Right, use the father card again too, as well, to get her way. After some more words including with FJ, DH being DH, had enough.

 

Donghua suddenly spoke up: “Your father entrusted you to my care before he died. However, I've never liked to take care of someone who wants too many things from me.” Jiheng's face instantly turned ashen. At last, she miserably said, “I understand.” (PB2, p367)

The problem is Ji Heng totally failed to realise that the first thing Dong Hua looked at when he fell in love with Feng Jiu isn’t her beauty but what she is inside.

 

He liked her vibrant personality first and foremost and her character. Looks are not the only thing captivating Dong Hua. It’s the whole package that he loves, he sees qualities in her that will make her the empress for him. 
 

Ji Heng is far too shallow to understand this. Her “love” for him is the same as her innate character - shallow and selfish. It’s me me me all the time.

 

Feng Jiu on the other hand loves him deeply. She will do things for Dong Hua and never ask for anything in return - in chinese her love is like the phrase 无悔的负出 (english: to fully put a lot into it with no regrets). 
 

It is this kind of love that finally allowed her the chance to meet Dong Hua, to finally be allowed to love him. Ji Heng is just a sad, shallow white lotus in the story.

  • Like 5
  • Insightful 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

 

I don't think either that he's really stalking FJ except for a few times like when she checked out the snake formation, and when she sneaked out to comfort Meng Shao. Though DH said he came to save her, the main priority remains to be Huiming realm and Miao Luo.

I think he was really stalking her. He even followed them when they dug that hole to steal the saha fruit. So my feeling is this old man was really stalking his future wife. 

  • Like 3
  • LOL 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MayanEcho said:

 

Hamster's and others did a good job with The Pillow Book, just a few editing, and cross-check with grammar, spelling, and any unclear or wrong translations. I also want an officially translated book released, same as TMOPB, though The Sky Kingdom was very dry and clinical. I thought I was reading an academic dissertation with that one! :sweatingbullets:

 

The next book Lotus Steps is also something to watch out for. I've been reading the browser's auto-translated chapters, and even if the translation it comes out with is quite crappy almost all the time, it's a beautiful story. 

 

I'm so looking forward to when ELOD translating team start releasing their LS in English. :wub:

 

Ahahaha, Lian Song is really half raised by Dong Hua. DH would be more rich if he collects dormitory charges from Tianjun! :lol:

 

We have translated it as close to the correct context as possible. And the author’s intended meaning so I hope you guys will like the story as we do

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dreams87 said:

Ditto. I’m actually quiet enjoy the mortal realm too because at least for once and the first time it was DH (even though is not really him) fall deeply in love with FJ. And the bonus is seeing V in his black hair is actually pretty charming as well. Thank God it was nothing like the mortal realm in TMOPB ;)

I like watching the nortal realm too cos you can see the cute and jealous side of SXR even though he wasn't DH in human form. Though many people complain that there were too many episodes in mortal realm, I think it's just enough (but could have shortened 1 episode if JH was not in it) :joy:

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...