[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

23 minutes ago, jimmylyne said:

DH is the best husband  great talented lover , caring affectionate partner and I'm sure he is also a great father..

He is natural at everything or anything except cooking:lol:

And now he's also the best in being coquettish and pouting. Hahahaha!

Hands down, he's phenomenal in dissing. Shao Wan should give light on how Dong Hua concocted his sweet and sour fish recipe. :lol:

Hmm, DH's hobbies of fishing and cooking sweet and sour fish are indications he grew near bodies of water.

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

2 hours ago, triplesung said:

But DH does not know how to cook.... 

I'm glad DH has a lot of flaws because it makes me love him more :wub:

He surely has a lot of flaws . His jealousy, possessiveness, Shamelessness...by right he is a totally upleasant person..but since he is Donghua Dijun by some reason he is extremely charming and sooo adorable.. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

Oh wow, Lotus Steps blows the mind! Can I sing a few lines of Rent's Seasons of Love in excitement? :love:

Five hundred twenty-five thousand six hundred minutes
Five hundred twenty-five thousand moments so dear
How do you measure, measure a year?

Spoiler

The revelation on who is the reincarnation of one of the sleeping ancients! :dizzy:

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Oh wow, Lotus Steps blows the mind! Can I sing a few lines of Rent's Seasons of Love in excitement? :love:

Five hundred twenty-five thousand moments so dear
How do you measure, measure a year?

Hide contents

The revelation on who is the reincarnation of one of the sleeping ancients! :dizzy:

Now you understand what I meant by I don’t want to spoil it?

And there is something big there too.

but i think you will read it better when its translated :)

• Like 4
  • Love 1

24 minutes ago, Ninky said:

Yup! :) I'm done with the last chapter online. Excited, and the excitement will be raised to the nth per chapters translated. :wub:

More than the reveals, I really enjoyed the merry chases...kinda pitying one of the characters who always seems to end up as the "pacifier". :lol:

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, triplesung said:

ELoD has finished a long time ago but I feel like the casts (especially Vengo) has been really promoting ELoD up until now.

Maybe coz it's web drama? It's topping the most viewed in WeTV app. Still plenty enough are interested to watch it, based on posts in FB. Though facepalm also coz until now, there are still those who can't accept this is their story, not the one in TMOPB. :lol: Or some who might as well kill off DH and replace him with the root of many problems JH. :rolleyes:

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

1 hour ago, MayanEcho said:

Maybe coz it's web drama? It's topping the most viewed in WeTV app. Still plenty enough are interested to watch it, based on posts in FB. Though facepalm also coz until now, there are still those who can't accept this is their story, not the one in TMOPB. :lol: Or some who might as well kill off DH and replace him with the root of many problems JH. :rolleyes:

I know right! I see so many people upset that it isn't a sequel to TMOPB. What is worse is when people gave ELoD lower rating just because of that. 

Oh well, still have plenty of viewers who love this drama. 

7 hours ago, Ninky said:

I tried to MTL. I am not intelligent enough to understand what is going on! I will have to wait for your amazing translations.

7 hours ago, jimmylyne said:

He surely has a lot of flaws . His jealousy, possessiveness, Shamelessness...by right he is a totally upleasant person..but since he is Donghua Dijun by some reason he is extremely charming and sooo adorable.. 

So true. On paper he sounds downright terrible, but he has so many positive traits too. Vengo's acting also helped to make DH more lovable.

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Maybe so. Or they are making up for the lost promotion that it was meant to have but then the pandemic happened. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

10 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

LOL, I posted earlier that DH was embroidering in an old outtake. Hehehe, sorry for the rusty memory, he wasn't; DH was MENDING the handkerchief FJ torn. And implied that the others are lazy. :lol:  @jimmylyne @ChibiLy @Ninky

Feng Jiu came out from the inner hall and saw Dong Hua was mending the handkerchief she torn yesterday.

Feng Jiu: “…  What are you doing?”

“Mending the handkerchief.”

“… But all men don’t know how to do such a thing, like Mo Yuan, Ye Hua, Lian Song and even effeminate looking men like Yan Chi Wu also doesn’t know how to do it."

“Why?”

“They think it will lessen their masculinity.”

“You’ve been deceived.”

“What?”

“That’s just their excuse not to do the housework."

https://hui3r.wordpress.com/2017/03/07/tang-qis-books-mini-special-part-17/#more-21117

lol that is even more funny. I like how DH personally and quietly took care of FJ's mess.

DH confidence is maxed out. He doesn't need to follow social expectations to validate his masculinity!

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

12 hours ago, jimmylyne said:

@Ninky @MayanEcho @ChibiLy Apparently there's a pair of siblings immune to DH's pranks... well according to FJ pov.

What does these sentences or FJ's mean?

As for Donghua... this person
was a bit special. Since the beginning of time, few offended him and still came out alive.

PB1 page 228

She didn’t know pranking others was a
special hobby of Donghua’s. If it had been the quiet Yehua or Moyuan
who was offended, they would normally pay no attention to the whole
thing
. Or if it had been Liansong who actually preferred to be offended,
he’d get to return the favor a hundred-fold.

FJ is truly blind to not see how DH treats her differently. I guess it is never easy to see, when emotions gets in the way. It's so amusing how DH from epi 24 deliberately seeks FJ and pokes her to get a reaction.

DH always preferred to have lively and witty people around him. Look at SM and LS. Especially LS, who will deliberately provoke DH and take verbal jabs at him. So it's not surprising DH was attracted to FJ from the start.

I look forward to reading Moyan's story. I want to know what his inner thoughts are. I wonder if he is sarcastic or honesty down right Buddha like.

• Like 6

16 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

XY is an oversized kid DH "enjoyed" indulging until game's over. Tsk tsk.

Hmm, what do you think, did DH learn how to pout from XY in that banquet in FV? :lol:

I have never seen a drama that had so many characters pouting!

I would say pouting is FJ innate skill, she probably used only with her family before meeting DH.

12 hours ago, Megan said:

Out of curiosity, what do you think Dong Hua was feeling when Gun Gun introduced himself? Something beyond the usual answers of shock.

i don’t think he was precisely happy because he was too dumbstruck 

Shock, disbelief, guilt and sadness.

Guilt  and sadness from not being there for FJ and BGG for the past 200 years. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

12 minutes ago, ChibiLy said:

lol that is even more funny. I like how DH personally and quietly take care of FJ's mess.

DH confidence is maxed out. He doesn't need to follow social expectations to validate his masculinity!

The fact he's doing it manually and not using magic is already amazing! :)

On the other hand, for me it's a glimpse of his background - mending his torn clothes from numerous scuffles, stitching wounds from battles, and fixing slashed battle dresses from the wars he fought.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

19 minutes ago, ChibiLy said:

FJ is truly blind to not see how DH treats her differently. I guess it is never easy to see, when emotions gets in the way. It's so amusing how DH from epi 24 deliberately seeks FJ and pokes her to get a reaction.

DH always preferred to have lively and witty people around him. Look at SM and LS. Especially LS, who will deliberately provoke DH and take verbal jabs at him. So it's not surprising DH was attracted to FJ from the start.

I look forward to reading Moyan's story. I want to know what his inner thoughts are. I wonder if he is sarcastic or honesty down right Buddha like.

Mo Yuan is very calm, but then he grew up in the spotlight, so he's very, very decorous. Let's wait when Shao Wan boils his blood. It should be a meltdown worthy of the Kunlun master :lol: 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

The fact he's doing it manually and not using magic is already amazing! :)

On the other hand, for me it's a glimpse of his background - mending his torn clothes from numerous scuffles, stitching wounds from battles, and fixing slashed battle dresses from the wars he fought.

Excellent point. DH had to be self sufficient for a long time. Especially before he became so powerful. Some people also find these tasks calming. 

So good FJ is there to pamper him.

7 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Mo Yuan is very calm, but then he grew up in the spotlight, so he's very, very decorous. Let's wait when Shao Wan boils his blood. :lol: 

Shan Wan sounds like the total opposite to Mo Yuan. Their dynamic will be entertaining to read. I wouldn't be surprised if Shan Wan is the only person who can make Mo Yuan lose his temper.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

2 minutes ago, ChibiLy said:

Excellent point. DH had to be self sufficient for a long time. Especially before he became so powerful. Some people also find these tasks calming. 

So good FJ is there to pamper him.

Shan Wan sounds like the total opposite to Mo Yuan. Their dynamic will be entertaining to read. I wouldn't be surprised if Shan Wan is the only person who can make Mo Yuan lose his temper.

DH is really lacking in cooking. :P Not even Si Ming can make up a believable PR that DH's sweet and sour fish is now edible thanks to FJ's coaching. :lol: 

Mo Yuan and Shao Wan have enough energy from long sleeps to either get to know each other again, or trade blows. May Kunlun still be standing for these ancients' epic meltdowns. :phew:

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

5 hours ago, ChibiLy said:

I have never seen a drama that had so many characters pouting!

I would say pouting is FJ innate skill, she probably used only with her family before meeting DH.

Shock, disbelief, guilt and sadness.

Guilt  and sadness from not being there for FJ and BGG for the past 200 years. 

How he felt is in the Ideal Father outtake.

He told Gun Gun after he said his mother told him that he did not have a father this, “Your mother told you that?" Gun Gun nodded earnestly. The handsome uncle patted his head again: "It’s my fault, I made you and your mother suffer."

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

6 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Tmopb really ruined the story of DH and FJ. Many westerners don’t understand that stories don’t “continue” like their season 1, season 2 series in the west. Not in novel series adaptation. This was partly due to not having license for Pillow Book. But they took their no fate part of the book and completely wrote something from that. 

The important things to understand about the Pillow Book are the following points.

1) Dong Hua and Feng Jiu had zero fate at the start of their story. This was why they never formally met. And all that heart pain for Feng Jiu ensued.

2) Feng Jiu earned that “thin” line of destiny by sending half her shadow to Fan Yin Valley to repay her debt to him. 

3) When her shadow (aranya) failed to repay said debt, destiny took pity and rewrote their destiny, putting the unfulfilled destiny of Shen Ye and Aranya onto them, allowing them to meet formally at her aunt’s wedding.

4) They met at Wang Sheng Hai in Qing Qiu when she emerged out of it.

5) She made the biggest impression on Dong Hua when she kicked the flowerpot towards his head and blamed it on Mi Gu

The rest you know is history. Slowly but surely the former master of the universe fell deeply in love.

• Like 4
  • Love 2

14 minutes ago, Ninky said:

Tmopb really ruined the story of DH and FJ. Many westerners don’t understand that stories don’t “continue” like their season 1, season 2 series in the west. Not in novel series adaptation. This was partly due to not having license for Pillow Book. But they took their no fate part of the book and completely wrote something from that. 

The important things to understand about the Pillow Book are the following points.

1) Dong Hua and Feng Jiu had zero fate at the start of their story. This was why they never formally met. And all that heart pain for Feng Jiu ensued.

2) Feng Jiu earned that “thin” line of destiny by sending half her shadow to Fan Yin Valley to repay her debt to him. 

3) When her shadow (aranya) failed to repay said debt, destiny took pity and rewrote their destiny, putting the unfulfilled destiny of Shen Ye and Aranya onto them, allowing them to meet formally at her aunt’s wedding.

4) They met at Wang Sheng Hai in Qing Qiu when she emerged out of it.

5) She made the biggest impression on Dong Hua when she kicked the flowerpot towards his head and blamed it on Mi Gu

The rest you know is history. Slowly but surely the former master of the universe fell deeply in love.

You know the funny thing is in the drama migu wasn't even in the scene and she didn't say that either...

But in the weapon hinding ceremony dh was talking to Ls about the candy and Ls was like she's already nervous about this you ask her to make you candy

Dh was like the 2nd time I saw her she kicked the flower pot on my head and she calmly blamed it on migu...

That was funny

• Like 1
  • LOL 1