[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

1 minute ago, LaxClyne said:

@chsaf Vengo was funny in Wrath of Time. We know V and D are great match but I do hope he could also make chemistry with other ladies for his career. The lady in WOF was good too their trio (with another guy) was fun to watch. I haven't done watching it coz Im saving money :joy: I expend some for ELOD I need to slow down a bit :joy:

They had chemistry, just not so much electric as with Reba hahaha. Yeah the scenes where Hong Gu Niang's xiong di men teased her and also the scenes of the couple with Leader Chen and Guai Ge are very entertaining.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

29 minutes ago, Zelnk said:

I am a bit disappointed, really hoping something from R (i feel like she doesnt care:(......) anyway, tnx Vengo for the demo cooking :D really appreciate his efforts to please his fans.

Yeah it feels like she already closed this chapter of "her life", maybe because filming was nearly 2 years ago?

It's sad really, with this virus going around and everyone on lockdown you'd think she'd contribute a little to make fans happy but there wasn't much... Vengo is the sweetest, I also really appreciate his efforts!

EDIT: The thought that only Vengo cares makes me sad, just look how much fanservice we get from him. I think this work has left a big impression on him that he just can't let go of. So precious!

• Like 12

@stonyfox Hope he doesn't lose this easy going side of him.:) Many in showbiz become jaded after some time. I like that he or his soc med admin replies to some comments in his FB and IG pages. Though I haven't seen his other series yet, I intend to should the lockdown/stay-indoors go on for months.

At the same time, hoping too that he won't get his own share of rabid, possessive, choking fans. :)Hands off his personal life! Honing his craft is a continuous process, which would also require him to be out of his comfort zones. Maybe speech lessons too in English, incase there's opportunity for international projects? The real winners in showbiz are those who are assured of longevity because they are versatile and they're really, really good in what they're doing. 

• Like 9
  • Insightful 3

28 minutes ago, stonyfox said:

Yeah it feels like she already closed this chapter of "her life", maybe because filming was nearly 2 years ago?

It's sad really, with this virus going around and everyone on lockdown you'd think she'd contribute a little to make fans happy but there wasn't much... Vengo is the sweetest, I also really appreciate his efforts!

EDIT: The thought that only Vengo cares makes me sad, just look how much fanservice we get from him. I think this work has left a big impression on him that he just can't let go of. So precious!

I've been secretly hiding in this forum and I've been following everyday - I have major withdrawal symptoms and I have a very hard time getting over ELOD. I don't really plan on watching anything from either V or R to get away from them. I will just let it fade with time since I enjoy them so much. heheheh

I think terms of fan base - R is already established, she doesn't really need to do more. R can probably do more and get bashed at from her fans..... V does seem to like his role quite a bit and from interviews, I could tell that he really wanted to do more with his character (which he did with ELOD). Plus, V overall did seem to really enjoy his experience, and he could also do more to promote himself. Besides, he's appears so dorky and cute!!!! 

• Like 14
  • Love 2

17 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

At the same time, hoping too that he won't get his own share of rabid, possessive, choking fans. :)Hands off his personal life! Honing his craft is a continuous process, which would also require him to be out of his comfort zones. Maybe speech lessons too in English, incase there's opportunity for international projects? The real winners in showbiz are those who are assured of longevity because they are versatile and they're really, really good in what they're doing. 

Yeah, I hope he doesn't experience that as well.  I would love for Vengo and Reba to work in Hollywood, for example. They have the charisma. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Zelnk said:

I am a bit disappointed, really hoping something from R (i feel like she doesnt care:(......) anyway, tnx Vengo for the demo cooking :D really appreciate his efforts to please his fans.

I feel sad and a little disappointed too.  But I also feel like there's a lot of things are going on with her right now.  At one point I thought she had the virus and trying not worry anyone (imagination running wild again lol)

But a shout-out to the fans once in a while won't hurt. 

Whatever it is, I hope she can bounce back and become her best self.  :blush:

• Like 7

23 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

@stonyfox Hope he doesn't lose this easy going side of him.:) Many in showbiz become jaded after some time. I like that he or his soc med admin replies to some comments in his FB and IG pages. Though I haven't seen his other series yet, I intend to should the lockdown/stay-indoors go on for months.

And he need to do something about his clumsiness :joy: I think he should learn a combat sport or pop/street dancing to develop tension in his combat acting or just in active scenes. I think he's much holding in his modeling capabilities (that softness that he has), it shows in his action scenes. 

Also, something pop up in my mind earlier, that him (with longer brunette locks) and his DH looks like Lee Pace and his character Thranduil (my love also). Then I immediately check Pace age it turns out he's just 3 years older than V. :sweatingbullets: I was thinking he might get a shot for a younger Thranduil if producers wanted to milk more from LOTR, he needed to learn english and have versatile tongue but with that age gap Pace could still pull off a 'young man' -_- :lol:

• Like 5
  • LOL 2

2 minutes ago, LaxClyne said:

And he need to do something about his clumsiness :joy: I think he should learn a combat sport or pop/street dancing to develop tension in his combat acting or just in active scenes. I think he's much holding in his modeling capabilities (that softness that he has), it shows in his action scenes. 

Hahahaha! I'd also really recommend archery to him. You don't develop much bulk in this sport, but muscle strength, agility, flexibility, and balance. The warm up alone for archery can include finger pushups and side planks. You'll even learn to split or come close to it. :)

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, cheekychipmunk_stv said:

I have downloaded episodes before on my tablet and watch it offline.

I did, too. :) But the episodes can't be transferred for PC/laptop use as I can't find which hidden folder is it of the app are they stored. I may have to use other apps to find out, but as much as possible I don't want to go to that route. Some apps ask too much permissions and I value my privacy too much.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Hahahaha! I'd also really recommend archery to him. You don't develop much bulk in this sport, but muscle strength, agility, flexibility, and balance. The warm up alone for archery can include finger pushups and side planks. You'll even learn to split or come close to it. :)

I love archery! If there's one nearby I'd be there everyday.  Then we can practice together :joy:

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

1 hour ago, daydreamer77 said:

I feel sad and a little disappointed too.  But I also feel like there's a lot of things are going on with her right now.  At one point I thought she had the virus and trying not worry anyone (imagination running wild again lol)

But a shout-out to the fans once in a while won't hurt. 

Whatever it is, I hope she can bounce back and become her best self.  :blush:

Yes I think she has kept a low profile because the current situation , she has a bigger fan base than vengo  so if she post or do something it will drag more attention, in China the order is not to drag too much attention form the COVID 19 , also the romours about the issues with her own agency , her crazy fans  complaining about everything, her agency, her work, her co stars .... I think she doesn't want to become a second xiaozhan case ,  also it could be their agency strategy, this drama was the best opportunity to promote vengo more and maybe Reba is letting vengo shine? I don't know... it could be a personal thing too 

• Like 11

9 minutes ago, Leslie Mtz C said:

Yes I think she has kept a low profile because the current situation , she has a bigger fan base than vengo  so if she post or do something it will drag more attention, in China the order is not to drag too much attention form the COVID 19 , also the romuors about the issues with her own agency , her crazy fans  complaining about everything, her agency, her work, her co stars .... I think she doesn't want to become a second xiaozhan case , I think it also could be their agency strategy this drama was the best opportunity to promote vengo more and maybe Reba is letting vengo shine? I don't know it could be a personal thing too 

R fans are not just crazy, they are insane level - i wouldn't be surprised if R kept low profile or company suggested her to do so.......i've personally seen some of these comments and they are not easy to swallow......... 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Insightful 4

6 minutes ago, hwen2ee said:

R fans are not just crazy, they are insane level - i wouldn't be surprised if R kept low profile or company suggested her to do so.......i've personally seen some of these comments and they are not easy to swallow......... 

The rabid fans can't be that many, I'm sure they use bots a lot. Unfortunately, they are the noisiest and most visible.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

2 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

The rabid fans can't be that many, I'm sure they use bots a lot. Unfortunately, they are the noisiest and most visible.

And they cause the most damage to the artist and the other fans.  Anyways, more power to Reba and Vengo!

• Like 7

I also hope V will not change in the future. Continue to remain dorky and humble. 

Yeah, for R i was hoping a closure/thank you greeting since ELOD had a good run (7.6 Billions views). Even a weibo shoutout would have been nice. (I hope her agency is doing something to these rabid fans, its not helping her and giving a negative aura instead and they are restraining her so much. Probably other actors are not so keen to star with her with this kind of extra baggage). Well, i wish her luck and hope that she is happy with whatever she is doing.

• Like 8
  • LOL 7