[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

1 hour ago, MayanEcho said:

Remember in ep30 when DH says he's the weak type of hero while FJ was wrapping his wounded arm? Remember her saying that her uncle YH hides his injuries from her aunt BQ? In ep55 DH concealed how seriously ill he was from FJ. It hurts seeing how DH did his best to hold his tears until he finally couldn't after FJ left.

It would be lovely to see the director's cut version of the series. I want the boatride scenes of DH, FJ, and BGG.

Donghua took Fengjiu's words too seriously. If only she had not said that, I am sure he would have explained himself about all that had happened to her and she would have forgiven him for sure and his wish to spend his last days with her would have been fulfilled. 

And yes, I hope we get to see all the uncut version. 

• Like 8

@Yori Ten ah I see where you are coming from about ZL. Yes, I can imagine that feeling coming from him, anger tinged with helplessness. For me, I associated it with sadness, that things had reached such a stage.  You are right, the ZL in the drama was rather calm, the annoyance only came later when he got held back by Lian Song and even then it was a very restrained kind of anger. Dunno if this is the director's guidance or that the actor could be rather young and may not have had enough experience to portray the role appropriately. 

I wonder why they didn't bother bringing Xie Guchou into the picture, as in for him to accompany Ye QingTi to the palace. I suppose they felt it was more appropriate for the existing 'gang' in the heavenly palace to sort out the misunderstandings. I thought he wasn't going to make an appearance but it made sense that he had to bring Bai/Dong Gun Gun to visit his mother.

I just wish they hadn't made the scene that hazy/greyish tinged when FJ and DH are lying wounded on the ground. I suppose they wanna portray that it's a place within the ward/force field. Am sure they could have figured another way out...[ edited - OK they were really really trying for a Lord of the Rings effect. LOL]

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

9 minutes ago, elsanna said:

I really hate this VVIP thingi:triumph: it's so unfair some people are watching last episodes and here I am watching 40th how will we discuss our views:pensive:

Yes , the vvip ruined the emotion Is difficult not to see the raws with so many clips outhere ...I remember before the vvip we were discussing what happened in each chapter if they are goona do the vvip then make it global not just for China, what kind of marketing strategy is that???

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, ChibiLy said:

Me too. I loved how DH just causally strolled down, praised FJ and got on with it. He really didn't care who was there, he was just as affectionate towards FJ as always.

But then again, that was probably DH's game plan. He showed everyone that FJ is taken and FJ's family will have to accept him.

@Barbedflower DJ is so honest right. If I am correct, he couldn't make promises about the future to FJ's family. But he can promise to let FJ do whatever she wants. Based on their past, DJ does indulge her. He can predict what she will do and what trouble she may get into, but he tends to watch over her and as long it does not involve a male, he would go along with her antics. 

I love the fight scene with Reba and the others during the BingCang scene. She must have been tired after that so that she could not fight too well with the demon guy.  Love DH's entrance into that scene and shaking the purple handkerchief. That was golden along with his smirks. Shameless.

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

38 minutes ago, elsanna said:

it's so unfair some people are watching last episodes and here I am watching 40th how will we discuss our views

I'm a lazy bum, still stuck at 43. So you can take full advantage of me, I'll gladly listen to you :joy:

• LOL 4

37 minutes ago, elsanna said:

I really hate this VVIP thingi:triumph: it's so unfair some people are watching last episodes and here I am watching 40th how will we discuss our views:pensive:

Don't worry. I'm only at epi 35 ... waiting for full eng sub till 56 so that I can enjoy it fully. Will definitely need to watch it again as might missed some subtle gesture when reading the sub.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jimmylyne said:

I've seen season 1 ..the story just ok travel in time. .sweet without angsty .. but I haven't watched season 2

They added Chen You Wei for more eye candy. He will be playing their son in season 3. Most of us watch for the chemistry of the main leads. They also finished filming a modern drama. So everyone recognizes their chemistry.

The female lead, Liang Jie is currently in Handsome Siblings.  I do not find her to have that kind of chemistry with her male lead(Chen Zhe Yuan). My 2 cents....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jimmylyne said:

Dongfeng at..Holy Blue Sea?

This was still at Qing Qiu, after Zhe Yan came to ask DH what his plans for the future are with FJ (asking on behalf of FJ's father, who's worried and not really in favour of the union).

1 hour ago, SC2019 said:

I just wish they hadn't made the scene that hazy/greyish tinged when FJ and DH are lying wounded on the ground. I suppose they wanna portray that it's a place within the ward/force field. Am sure they could have figured another way out...[ edited - OK they were really really trying for a Lord of the Rings effect. LOL]

LOL, it really is LOTR effect.  Land of Mordor final battle also looked like that!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just finished 45-46

"Which part of CY is better than me." - DH :joy: WTF. When did FJ sampled CY goods?!? Damn bet DH performed his best that night. Sad that they didn't showed us atleast 5% of his efforts :triumph::joy:

Does Chinese really have the purple yam cake tradition? If they do, its a lovely consideration of them to include it in the drama. Unlike in the book, we have the actual DH and FJ in the drama, FJ preparing those cakes just signifies that she treasures her experiences (not just that :phew::P) with DH :heart:

I think they made efforts to make the consummation acceptable to conservative views (? I dunno how to say it well). They cleaned up the insinuation of rape, and I think this is the reason they included a proposal scene in the bridge.

Poor purple yam cake I feel like they played bite with it :joy: I love purple yam cake YUM!:yum:

• Like 2
  • LOL 9

10 hours ago, Ninky said:

it had already been three months since the fight in the scene before their son showed up. lian song asked xiao yan why for the past few months he kept visiting. Zhe Yan asked Cheng Yu if she thought he was a quack doctor after she commented about worrying about Feng Jiu injuries and why she had not woken up yet.

the clues are all in the conversation amongst them. Zhe Yan has also visited his two patients a lot in the past few months. 

Ah like that. I knew from the book she was asleep for sometime and Zhe Yan helped her recover. 

Just didnt remember the notes of him helping DH as well. 

Thank you :) 

Just saw all the RAW and cried buckets in agony and happiness. 

My one personal jibe is the choppy editing because my God, the last 4 eps were all over the place. 

Kudos for the drama team 

• Like 4