Quantcast
angelangie

[Current Mainland WebDrama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

Where do you think Ep 48 will end at?   

53 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Let' take a poll just for fun since we are waiting. Where do you think Ep 48 will end at?

• bing cang ceremony
    • DH and FJ leaving Fanyin Valley
    • Aranya's battle with the owl clan
    • DH and SMY peering into the Miaolu glass
    • Aranya in prison and talking to the mother

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/27/2020 at 03:30 PM

7 minutes ago, They Sick said:

Yes, with hardcover. i collected all the harry potter  series. Would love to collect TQ's book also. 

On side note, i know we need some sort of relief hence we turn to fanfict. but a fair warning though, you'll get all the storyline mixed up. It happened to me and it sucks. 

Hmm, I very rarely checkout fan fictions, because it often veers from the actual story. I still prefer the author's works, and if the story stopped there, then it's only until there.

If you like reading about deities and immortals, Sherrilyn Kenyon's dark hunter books are a good read. If you are okay that you're sobbing while reading, V. C. Andrews. Not fantasy or anything, but her original books delve on how dark  and twisted can humans go. Her Dollanganger series still makes me cry.

• Like 5
  • Love 2

9 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Hmm, I very rarely checkout fan fictions, because it often veers from the actual story. I still prefer the author's works, and if the story stopped there, then it's only until there.

If you like reading about deities and immortals, Sherrilyn Kenyon's dark hunter books are a good read. If you are okay that you're sobbing while reading, V. C. Andrews. Not fantasy or anything, but her original books delve on how dark  and twisted can humans go. Her Dollanganger series still makes me cry.

Yeah that story from VC Andrews.. Shows the depth of human depravity. If you guys don't already know, Fifty Shades of Grey is based on a Twilight Fan Fic. So I am not too fond of Fan Fic due to veering off canon.

For English Fantasy I also read the books on the Shadowhunters.

• Like 6

30 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Same here. A lot of FF focused on DHxFJ and I find that most often then not they were too OOC for me to enjoy. A lot of the fanfics pppped out after TMOPB due to their BE. And that created a market for HE FFs. I get upset when the written character deviates too much until they became almost unrecognizable.

ELoD is different because we see their growth. They did not suddenly fall hopelessly in love. Their story were so intricately written and their journey while heart breaking at times, makes the best HE.

If anyone is interested in similar genres, do check Novelupdates. A whole new world of English translated Chinese novels awaits you.

For a start I recommend San Sheng Wangchuan Wu Shang / San Sheng, Death Exists Not at the River of Oblivion / 三生,忘川无殇. It's a short read compared to 1000 chapters Xianxia and the FC is very cute and lovely. The MC can be oddly indifferent but you will enjoy their story.

• Like 6
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, Yori Ten said:

Same here. A lot of FF focused on DHxFJ and I find that most often then not they were too OOC for me to enjoy. A lot of the fanfics pppped out after TMOPB due to their BE. And that created a market for HE FFs. I get upset when the written character deviates too much until they became almost unrecognizable.

ELoD is different because we see their growth. They did not suddenly fall hopelessly in love. Their story were so intricately written and their journey while heart breaking at times, makes the best HE.

If anyone is interested in similar genres, do check Novelupdates. A whole new world of English translated Chinese novels awaits you.

For a start I recommend San Sheng Wangchuan Wu Shang / San Sheng, Death Exists Not at the River of Oblivion / 三生,忘川无殇. It's a short read compared to 1000 chapters Xianxia and the FC is very cute and lovely. The MC can be oddly indifferent but you will enjoy their story.

That's part of why I don't really read FF in general.

• Like 4

@Ninky I first learned about the word codicil in Flowers of the Attic. Sigh, that first book of the series. 

@Yori Ten Thank you, I will check it out. Short or long stories, I don't really mind. :)

Gosh, if I remember my childhood, I think books babysat me, hahahah! From comics, thin books, thick tomes, softbound, hardbound, fiction, non-fiction. My unforgettable find was a very heavy history book owned by my grandfather. Though I didn't read everything there, I was amazed with the contents and the pics, the text of the speeches of the leaders that time.

• Like 8

50 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Same here, not much for fanfic. I’ve read SK’s Dark Hunters but not yet with VC Andrews. I’m more of Nalini Singh’s Psy-Changeling and Guild Hunters type. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

@Ninky I first learned about the word codicil in Flowers of the Attic. Sigh, that first book of the series. 

@Yori Ten Thank you, I will check it out. Short or long stories, I don't really mind. :)

Gosh, if I remember my childhood, I think books babysat me, hahahah! From comics, thin books, thick tomes, softbound, hardbound, fiction, non-fiction. My unforgettable find was a very heavy history book owned by my grandfather. Though I didn't read everything there, I was amazed with the contents and the pics, the text of the speeches of the leaders that time.

Like you I grew up with many books. From Enid Blyton to Narnia to The Secret Garden, I loved all of them. I also had a full set of encyclopedias :D. I had an awesome thirst for knowledge :D

• Like 7

@Ninky @MayanEcho

You both devour books for breakfast. Haven’t reached that level yet. I only choose what I want to read and to be entertained. :) Same goes with PB, very entertaining. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Ninky said:

Like you I grew up with many books. From Enid Blyton to Narnia to The Secret Garden, I loved all of them. I also had a full set of encyclopedias :D. I had an awesome thirst for knowledge :D

I still remember a condensed book of fairytales by Reader's Digest, stories by Hand Christian Andersen, etc. I miss the smell of new books! :lol:

I remember that copy of National Geographic magazine too, the cover was that famous Afghan girl. Hope I can still find those older than me magazines!

@MCrisD2020 Should you start with VC Andrews, Flowers in the Attic requires a box of tissue. 

My grandmother taught me to read at 3 coz I ask too many questions, lol!

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

I keep forgetting he played another character in TMOPB, who has't carried FJ in this universe? :joy: Does she really need to walk?

EUaOhRbU0AAAldN?format=jpg&name=medium

• Like 2
  • LOL 13

@vivi0303 Mo Yuan/Ye Hua, Zhe Yan and Bai Zhen, Lian Song, and oddly enough, her friend Xiao Yan, the twin of Zi Lan (16th). :lol: FJ half lifted Meng in Qing Qiu. Hahaha. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

8 hours ago, Ninky said:

Yeah that story from VC Andrews.. Shows the depth of human depravity. If you guys don't already know, Fifty Shades of Grey is based on a Twilight Fan Fic. So I am not too fond of Fan Fic due to veering off canon.

For English Fantasy I also read the books on the Shadowhunters.

Spoiler

True..

It's MOTU aka " Master of the universe*

DH in PB and EC in MOTU the differences was like heaven and earth or hell . I prefer EC in original books( SM) /movies just like I prefer DH of TQ books/ drama. 

• Like 3

Chinese super fans captured this. The question here is, is this DJxFJ or VxR? If it's DH, they said it's weird that he will put his hand over her shoulder. :tounge_wink:

img-0083j-ATrly1gddigo197eg30go0afb2d.gi

• Like 3
  • LOL 7
  • Love 7
  • Awesome 1

13 minutes ago, Yori Ten said:

Chinese super fans captured this. The question here is, is this DJxFJ or VxR? If it's DH, they said it's weird that he will put his hand over her shoulder. :tounge_wink:

Yori Ten, nothing has any meaning except the meaning you give it.:naughty:  Just as how you went goo-goo-ga-ga when Vengo Dong Hua told Feng Jiu "I love you, don't get so jealous. There has never been anyone else...It is you that I have always loved" in the finale interview.:D

• Like 3
  • LOL 7
  • Love 2

@SC2019 Oh, most certainly! Words and actions are merely ink on paper without validation. Hehe..

@MayanEcho Shippers were excited because that .gif was cropped from a super long shot in a panaromic scene and according to them, there was no reason for the extra acting. Hahaha...

• Like 2
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1

@Yori Ten I think I've seen this part in drama ...I mean where DH put his hand on FJ shoulder.

This part was DH and FJ at the snake pit in AD soon after they stroll in the marketplace.. 

DH put his hand on FJ shoulder, should be Guangre because it so very human or modern style.

Dongfeng or GuangRe.. either way I love them both.

• Like 2
  • Love 3