[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

2 hours ago, pawla said:

@MayanEcho he wanted everyone to know it was FJ who was with him at the hot spring. He could have said he had her bracelet and stopped there but no, he had to say you dropped these at the hot spring :joy:

After my 3rd watch of episode 26 I realized that DH already knew FJ turned into a handkerchief from far away. When he was talking with LS he kept eyeing the handkerchief :D

I love Ali's reaction to his folding the hanky and DH's evil smile.

Book wise it was the same. He saw through her right away. Same for the bracelet retrieval scene. That possessiveness was there from

day one. And in show, he was already constantly distracted by her words and presence.

2 hours ago, pawla said:

@LovelyLady they didn't use it for the final cut.

On episode 27 after FJ and XY fell off the cliff she draw something on the sand. What is it? A bunny?

no it was a fox.

2 hours ago, pawla said:

@They Sick try to find it on YouTube. I saw someone compiled all their scenes from TMOPB. But I saw it a long time ago I don't know if it's still there.

TMOPB quite ooc. But they can’t use pillow book due to lack of rights. Unfortunately it is confusing some international audiences.

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

@Yori Ten DH wants the little FJ more because that was the real her. He most likely sees the sweet little girl, who loves him with the purest heart.

Yes, yes. 

DH : You dote on me the most.

FJ : Yes, I dote on you the most.

I love this! Sweet sweet FJ who loves and dotes on DH the most with her purest heart.

:heart:

• Like 3
  • Love 6

4 minutes ago, pawla said:

DH said if he had known FJ when she was a maid at Tai Chen Palace his son would be old enough to run errands. I think if he had known her then he would treat her the same like any other women. It was the matured FJ that pique his interest first and how she tried to avoid him at all cost. It was her experiences as a maid and little fox and then in the mortal realm that shaped her as she was now. What do you think, ladies? 

No they didn’t have destiny then. Would never have met in person. It was Aranya that set their destiny in motion.

• Like 5
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, Yori Ten said:

Yes, yes. 

DH : You dote on me the most.

FJ : Yes, I dote on you the most.

I love this! Sweet sweet FJ who loves and dotes on DH the most with her purest heart.

:heart:

Reflects the end words. Dong Hua will forever be Feng Jiu’s.

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, pawla said:

DH said if he had known FJ when she was a maid at Tai Chen Palace his son would be old enough to run errands. I think if he had known her then he would treat her the same like any other women. It was the matured FJ that pique his interest first and how she tried to avoid him at all cost. It was her experiences as a maid and little fox and then in the mortal realm that shaped her as she was now. What do you think, ladies? 

Fangirl mode FJ would most likely just put her under the category of *To be tossed out of bed chamber* instead of *To be shamelessly lured into the bed chamber*

• Like 2
  • LOL 8

8 minutes ago, Ninky said:

Not everyone will like their TMOPB storyline. For me it was too Out of Character. FJ has a very strong personality not a waif crybaby like in TMOPB. 

Also there were too many sub plots and tons of characters it was tiring to use my brains to match back those characters with their respective clans. At least there is a better flow and tighter group of immortals in ELOD (phew, thank goodness).

• Like 9
  • Insightful 1

5 minutes ago, Ninky said:

TMOPB quite ooc. But they can’t use pillow book due to lack of rights. Unfortunately it is confusing some international audiences.

Not only did it confused audiences, it also created a lot of disgruntled TMOPB Dongfeng shippers because ELoD totally changed their story!!! :phew:

• Like 3
  • LOL 5
  • Insightful 1

2 minutes ago, Yori Ten said:

Fangirl mode FJ would most likely just put her under the category of *To be tossed out of bed chamber* instead of *To be shamelessly lured into the bed chamber*

Hahaha. Though if he did look her in the eyes he might have fallen in love. We Just never know. But then we also know it was poor Aranya who sacrificed for them :bawling:.

That’s partly why DH sealed their souls in the 4 seasons tree and had it planted at the Shen Gong. In book. He was touched.

• Like 4
  • Sad 2
  • Love 3

2 minutes ago, Yori Ten said:

Not only did it confused audiences, it also created a lot of disgruntled TMOPB Dongfeng shippers because ELoD totally changed their story!!! :phew:

Good thing i hated that version of them. I love DH’s deadpan sarcastic poisonous tongue. Lian Song constantly suffered from those tongue lashings! Ouch!

• Like 1
  • LOL 9

6 minutes ago, chsaf said:

Also there were too many sub plots and tons of characters it was tiring to use my brains to match back those characters with their respective clans. At least there is a better flow and tighter group of immortals in ELOD (phew, thank goodness).

That's because PB is a true love story. :wub:

There is no need for elaborate side stories to keep things interesting. We craved DH x FJ from beginning until the end. ELoD though being an adaptation needs a bit more DRAMA eg Demon Princess JH :phew:

• Like 3
  • Love 5
  • Insightful 1

3 minutes ago, pawla said:

The wait was worth it. :) 

When she was a maid, that one time at the kitchen, they barely exchanged words. At least he remembered her name...

So definitely no 2nd sip of tea. Only the first taste which was bland.

Meeting her again after all she went through, she was ready to move on even if she still loves him. By that time, she's the only heir of Qing Qiu, the future queen. She maintains decorum, and would never drag her reputation through the mud.

Her experiences and heartaches in the mortal realm made her grow up and mature quickly. That happens fast when someone had to die for you to live.

With all these under her belt, there's nobody else but her who can be an empress to DH. Despite her trying to avoid and subtly snub him, he had seen the qualities of a compassionate monarch. 

• Like 3
  • Love 4
  • Insightful 4

1 hour ago, MayanEcho said:

@They Sick For me, DH already noticed FJ at Qing Qiu. She sneaked out while the decree for BQ's wedding was being read. He looked at her when she did. I believe he was curious of her, how he never saw her and only heard about her now when she's long time friends with Si Ming? He knew Bai Zhi, and Bai Yi, but why not FJ?

Then at the banquet. He again noticed FJ sneaking in despite the busyness of the hall. And he decided to prank her with that pot of plant. Isn't that "notice me too" moves? :sweatingbullets:

@They Sick I agree with MayanEcho. DH became aware and took notice of FJ in Qing Qiu. DH's interest developed at the banquet. From there onwards it became a slippery slope for DH! 

His interest was probably further fueled during the chiyan beast episode. She wasn't just a mischievous girl, she showed bravery against all odds and openly rejected his gown. 

There is just something about FJ that makes it difficult for DH to ignore. In saying that, I believe many males felt the same way towards FJ.

• Like 8
  • LOL 2
  • Insightful 1

13 minutes ago, Yori Ten said:

That's because PB is a true love story. :wub:

There is no need for elaborate side stories to keep thingd interesting. We craved DH x FJ from beginning until the end. ELoD though being an adaptation needs a bit more DRAMA eg Demon Princess JH :phew:

She was a very small character on the book but was cleverly used as a plot device to make readers all hate DH only

to make all readers cry for his sorry state at the end...what broke my heart was to find out that he knew that she would live ok even without him (she did kind of did with BGG) and he himself fell apart. 
:cold_sweat:

• Like 2
  • Sad 7

2 minutes ago, ChibiLy said:

@They Sick I agree with MayanEcho. DH became aware and took notice of FJ in Qing Qiu. DH's interest developed at the banquet. From there onwards it became a slippery slope for DH! 

His interest was probably further fueled during the chiyan beast episode. She wasn't just a mischievous girl, she showed bravery against all odds and openly rejected his gown. 

There is just something about FJ that makes it difficult for DH to ignore. In saying that, I believe many males felt the same way towards FJ.

In PB, FJ emerged like a fairy from the lake. Whoah, if they kept that scene, imagine DH's look. 

• Like 1
  • Naughty 2
  • LOL 4
  • Awesome 2

7 minutes ago, Ninky said:

Good thing i hated that version of them. I love DH’s deadpan sarcastic poisonous tongue. Lian Song constantly suffered from those tongue lashings! Ouch!

To make him immune with Cheng Yu's praising. Hahahhaa!

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

8 minutes ago, Ninky said:

She was a very small character on the book but was cleverly used as a plot device to make readers all hate DH only

to make all readers cry for his sorry state at the end...what broke my heart was to find out that he knew that she would

live ok even without him (she did kind of did with BGG) and he himself fell apart. 
:cold_sweat:

I don't like DH ONE BIT in TMOPB. Ughhh, his words cut like a million Chang'he. So heartless to break the little girl's heart.

You father came to beg me, so what?? I am this blah blah blah high deity who once ruled the 4 seas and 8 realms. Don't forget who am I. What are you to even think I will marry you.

I won't. Now leave and never come back. 

I want to KILL, no dismember that phyco writer for putting such OOC words on DH's lips. 

Did I cry for DH in TMOPB? Hell no, I wanted to crush a rock on him and smash him to pieces to feed hungry foxes.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 9

32 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

@They Sick For me, DH already noticed FJ at Qing Qiu. She sneaked out while the decree for BQ's wedding was being read. He looked at her when she did. I believe he was curious of her, how he never saw her and only heard about her now when she's long time friends with Si Ming? He knew Bai Zhi, and Bai Yi, but why not FJ?

Then at the banquet. He again noticed FJ sneaking in despite the busyness of the hall. And he decided to prank her with that pot of plant. Isn't that "notice me too" moves? :sweatingbullets:

My thoughts exactly..he noticed FJ at that time his eyes follow her movement when she sneaked out to meet Ah Li.

At the Sky Heaven gate when FJ had a conversation with SM about how LS always tease SM..and If it was Dijun who teases him, she can't do anything about it..that situation also implied that FJ know about Siming very well. The interaction between FJ and Siming had piquing DH's interest and DH curious why FJ know that poor Siming always become the victims of LS and of course DJ's cruel/dangerous joke..DH's sweet sour fish made SM fainted.

Despite FJ explain the reason why she knows about Dijun guite well...seem like DH didn't buy it.. maybe the two firmly patted on Siming shoulder it's was a hinted "Siming , I know you're hiding something from me.." means.. Just my guess tho..

• Like 5
  • LOL 3
  • Insightful 1

6 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

The wait was worth it. :) 

When she was a maid, that one time at the kitchen, they barely exchanged words. At least he remembered her name...

So definitely no 2nd sip of tea. Only the first taste which was bland.

Meeting her again after all she went through, she was ready to move on even if she still loves him. By that time, she's the only heir of Qing Qiu, the future queen. She maintains decorum, and would never drag her reputation through the mud.

Her experiences and heartaches in the mortal realm made her grow up and mature quickly. That happens fast when someone had to die for you to live.

With all these under her belt, there's nobody else but her who can be an empress to DH. Despite her trying to avoid and subtly snub him, he had seen the qualities of a compassionate monarch. 

He actually loves her competitive streak as well. He described her as 好强性子。 That’s why she stayed up so many nights for the sword box. 

• Like 7

23 minutes ago, pawla said:

Yeah. I think DH liked how she is adaptable and the glimpses of her mischievous personality got his interest. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

5 minutes ago, Yori Ten said:

I don't like DH ONE BIT in TMOPB. Ughhh, his words cut like a million Chang'he. So heartless to break the little girl's heart.

You father came to beg me, so what?? I am this blah blah blah high deity who once ruled the 4 seas and 8 realms. Don't forget who am I. What are you to even think I will marry you.

I won't. Now leave and never come back. 

I want to KILL, no dismember that phyco writer for putting such OOC words on DH's lips. 

Did I cry for DH in TMOPB? Hell no, I wanted to crush a rock on him and smash him to pieces to feed hungry foxes.

Exactly how I felt!

• Like 5