[Drama 2018] Rich Family's Son / Wealthy Son, 부잣집 아들

0ly40

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, celebrianna said:

@booha, I admire your big heart. Things will probably happen the way you posted but that kind of thing is honestly the most unbearable and unrealistic thing I constantly see in Korean family drama. If TI had only cut off GJ it would have been fine with me, but he didn’t stop there. He actively sought out GJ to try to ruin him as best he could. That is a heart full of hatred. I’m not saying that GJ should repay him with hatred but I think he’s doing the right thing by avoiding him. Other kids have been through worse than TI and it didn’t turn them in individuals with deep malice in their hearts like TI. I really have a problem if this is just brushed under the rug and everybody just get along most unnaturally as if his misdeeds against GJ didn’t matter.

De-lurking to say I completely agree with your post especially the part about how unbearable and unrealistic this is in kdrama's.  I don't think there's a trope I dislike more than the protagonist forgets everything the antagonist did to them and everyone lives happily together trope. The writer was doing so well earlier when she had YH side completely with GJ and reject TI, it should've stayed that way. 

A bit of some disappointing news, but there will be no episodes this weekend again because of the 2018 Asian Games. We'll get new episodes again next week on September 2nd.

Article:

https://www.soompi.com/article/1217665wpp/tv-schedule-changes-due-2nd-week-coverage-2018-asian-games

TV Schedule Changes Due To 2nd Week Of Coverage For 2018 Asian Games

Aug 19, 2018 by kokoberry

The 2018 Asian Games in Jakarta and Palembang in Indonesia started on August 18 and will continue until September 2.

Following last week’s changes to TV schedules, this week will also see some changes as Korean athletes are showing strong participation in the events and public broadcasting stations will be canceling regular broadcasts of dramas and variety shows in order to cover the Asian Games.

Check out the changes that have been revealed so far for this week:

Sunday, August 26

“The King of Mask Singer,” “Dunia,” episodes 81 and 82 of “The Rich Son,” and “My Ugly Duckling” will be canceled and will air on September 2 instead.

Stay tuned for updates!

Source (1)

@Ayame    Ohhh another cancellation  too bad :(   thank you for info :)

This filming took a place during a heat wave.  
Kim Ji-Hoon, bottle water;   Kim Joo-Hyun , two(or 4??) mini fans;   Hong Soo-Hyun, DIY icy pack( ‘ice holding, showing off ice, my baby ice’);   Lee Chang-Yeop, old fashioned hand fan;    Yang Hye-Ji, wiping with handkerchief  ( later she mentioned that since she didn’t have anything to show off, she showed her new phone from the fans)

I saw page 8 and thought I can marathon the drama thinking it hasn't gone very far but episode 80! 

Haaa:grimace:

I won't ever meet up to join the drama discussion. No need trying the impossibility.  I discovered it late and it looked like a nice drama. 

1 hour ago, dramaninja said:

So hum did it not come on today as well dont see any clips.

It didn’t as far as I know. I saw a post somewhere (perhaps a schedule of canceled shows) and this show was included for this weekend unfortunately. At least the other family drama got an episode this weekend.

26 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

It didn’t as far as I know. I saw a post somewhere (perhaps a schedule of canceled shows) and this show was included for this weekend unfortunately. At least the other family drama got an episode this weekend.

Thanks  man in 3 weeks we got like 2 episodes.

@darrIts a good family drama and one of  the better ones.

1 hour ago, darr said:

I saw page 8 and thought I can marathon the drama thinking it hasn't gone very far but episode 80! 

Haaa:grimace:

I won't ever meet up to join the drama discussion. No need trying the impossibility.  I discovered it late and it looked like a nice drama. 

It is a nice drama.  80 sounds daunting but it is actually only 40 hours worth of drama because it is half and hour each.  I started when the show was already at the 60+ mark but it didn't take long for me to catch up because the show is engaging.   I have since caught up and now I am left wondering why didn't they show it this week?  I am getting withdrawal syndrome.  

Although I do like the lead, I am more invested in Choi Yong and Kim Kyung Ha.  I also like the bromance between Lee Gwang Jae and Choi Yong.

Archived