[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Heavenly Sword Dragon Slaying Saber 倚天屠龙记

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm completely gobsmacked by the criticisms of young Joseph's performance. So far he's nailed the role in all its essence.  He's probably the most age-appropriate ZWJ that I've seen. And I love how he

About to get sentimental on you guys. I think I've finally realized why I'm borderline obsessed with this version of ZM/ZWJ, as opposed to just being a passerby viewer in the previous versions. This v

@kur4p1k4 thank you kurapika for the information. ZM and ZWJ are indeed the best couple beating all the odds. I think they are representing most of us people so we can feel the love.   

Nice!!  Wonderful to see all these accolades. After those negative (and unfair criticism, in my personal opinion, especially against JZ),  it great to let these numbers and recognitions and achievements speak for themselves. :D

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, chipz03 said:

Nice!!  Wonderful to see all these accolades. After those negative (and unfair criticism, in my personal opinion, especially against JZ),  it great to let these numbers and recognitions and achievements speak for themselves. :D

Joseph also has another drama on the list. His drama "Over The Sea I come to see You" NO 9,  so he has two dramas on the TOP TEN List

67796f4aly1gawhuz3htuj20yi1pce86.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/5/2019 at 6:37 PM, vicious219 said:

They look like two completely different people in this picture.  Not in a good way either.  Too much photoshop. 

Sadly the show is coming to an end soon.  Anyone else feel so attached to these characters that they don't want it to end?  I haven't felt this way about HSDS since the 1986 version.

Sort of OT: This production team NEEDS to do a Xiao Ao Jiang Hu with Chen Yuqi as Ren Yingying.  I don't care if we just had a remake last year.  In my mind, that version never happened!

Yes I am very attached to WJ or Joseph. His acting and how he portrayed WJ, he makes me come to his sense without a word!

• Like 2
On 3/28/2019 at 7:03 PM, Yitian_fan said:

Agreed on the really harsh critiques from the chinese audience! :( I think Joseph is doing a great job and doesn't deserve to have to come out and do a public apology?! (And seriously, there's lots of horrible actors but why the public shaming for Joseph I really don't get!  He's a WHOLE lot better than many others!)

And I too am worried about how few episodes there are left!

Joseph are up to Tony in term of portraying WJ. Their critizise the phisycal eyes cause they can not critisize his acting. He nailed it!

• Like 2
On 3/29/2019 at 7:48 AM, hamaji said:

It's more than 3 billion viewers and counting, for a remake this is a remarkable achievement. With this success, there is always be complaint here and there but Imo joseph one of the best ZWJ after Tony Leung. Maybe he can switch place with Tony in my list when this drama finish :D he portayed ZWJ the way i imagine the character while i was reading the novel. Lawrence ng and that zwj from 94 version was a big no for me. Both of them are far far away from the ideal ZWJ. Just imo.

I love how gentle he is from last night ep. Not only with ZM but with YinLi and XZ also. 

Y56FZa1.gif

True! Joseph done an excellent job. I abandonne all version. I love Tony n Kitty but Joseph had dethrone Tony as WJ. Joseph bring the sense of WJ that appeared at Novels 

• Like 2
On 3/29/2019 at 11:19 PM, GLT said:

I can see your frustration the way they portray ZWJ in this version. But isn’t his character always wishy-washy? I think in this version they made ZM more in love and desperate over ZWJ, which I think other version doesn’t show as much. In return they do show a lot of infatuation moments of ZWJ towards ZM. I think Joseph portrayal as the ZWJ in love with ZM doesn’t come out as strong because the director seems to spotlight ZM love in this version (which will make Yukee, the actress memorable as ZM). But I do notice ZWJ gaze and look towards ZM in all the scenes they are together, are very special compare when he looks at other girls. And when he was forced into making a vow to marry ZZR, you can see he was unwilling to because he knew he has feelings for ZM. Also it seems like until this point,  ZWJ stance for the Ming Sect is the priority over love. He is somewhat similar to ZZR in this stance protecting the sects against the mongol. So I think he does somewhat feel ZZR will be a better match as a wife, knowing that ZM and him have no future together as opponents, even though he has stronger feelings toward ZM (it’s modern concept of picking a wife - mind over matter). I can see why ZWJ chose ZZR out of logical thinking.

I have to disagree. Joseph are the strong one who bring WJ personality out of book. He nailed it. He makes me sense everything about his weak caractere. He up to Tony when people still attached to Tony Leung acted as WJ.

• Like 1
On 4/9/2019 at 8:03 AM, kur4p1k4 said:

Yup 1986 the only one I really like (before 2019 came out), WJ-ZM is my OTP for HSDS because of that. All other version i feel like either the WJ is off or ZM is off, sometimes both of them are off. I did watch 2003 version it was ok but forgettable, I actually like the actress that play ZZR on that version better lol. So yeah thank heavens for 2019 version

Me too. Tony was my always favorite until I watch Joseph. He dethroned him. All version are never up to Tony level but Joseph clear all the nuances I had toward WJ. 

• Love 1
On 4/18/2019 at 1:38 AM, LaurenPanna said:

I interpreted it as doing things with clear mind and a clear conscience, not deviating from our pure heart, our original nature

From the start, WJ kept his original nature and this is what Jinyong the author always try to tell us, he can never be the emperor because of his character, he never want to be emperor and i am glad he kept his pure heart to reject the throne when they push it to him. the production team really bring out WJ characteristics well. They did not let Jinyong down 

Agree the scenes n plot may changes but they keep the original caractere n essence caractere of WJ. Joseph nailed it. As I see. 

• Like 1