[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Heavenly Sword Dragon Slaying Saber 倚天屠龙记

sugarplum892

The classic martial arts adaptation is still welcome

Although repeated adaptations of "Yi Tian Tu Long Ji", they often receive good market effects every time, and have also produced great male heroes from generation to generation. The version of Zeng Shunxi / Joseph Zeng has also achieved a good TV drama boom, and has also initially won two small flowers.

Joseph Zeng  NO 10  with Yi Tian Tu Long Ji

84285562_1047585562279738_16674019832936

• Thanks 1

Because all of a sudden I remembered Joseph's efforts for the role of Zhang Wuji: He didn't pick up work for a few months, studied the original book behind closed doors, delved into the script, constantly consulted like a professional, and wrote a few character notes 

ebd1e2dbgy1gcyw9yci8nj21300u0arj.jpg

ebd1e2dbgy1gcyw9x5mvij21400u0tng.jpg

• Love 1

I already thought that. It's too obvious how he approche this complicated wuxia caracter effectively. He bring out the nuances of Wuji out of the book. I would like to give an apploud to Bambi who play ZZR. Despite WJ chemistry with ZM,  in my opinion Bambi is the one who complet the stronger WJ caracter portrayed by Joseph. She developed her caracter so well. Yukee done a good acting n I could she is into build a chemistry but she didn't developed ZM caracter. I think Joseph performances help her a lot. 

On 5/12/2019 at 8:47 PM, sophiesyc said:

The latest edition pretty much implies that he wants to be with all of them (all four of them). He can’t decide. Or at the very least according to the author’s note at the very end. 

I think the second version/edition ending is the same as the 2009 tv version, with ZR comes to see them with the promise. I think it ends with WJ thinking that he loves ZM but also misses or thinks about ZR too something like that.

The author said on 3rd vers maybe Wuji left to mongol with Zhao min, maybe ZZR still look for Wuji to mongol, maybe Wuji go to persia with Zhao min to meet Xiao ziao or maybe Wuji with Yin li. 

About 4 thought of 'Maybe' the author still carry zhao min along Wuji. The author actually can not interfere about Wuji caracter. Indisecive but also up right n chivalrous but judge with his caracter Wuji he is into Zhao min back to bone. The author actually want Wuji end up with Xiao zhiao but his caracter never into Xiao Ziao even he also loves her. In realistic men will love more than one person but man can only in love with one person. In this case Wuji are in love with the last woman he encounter that is zhao min. Love n in love are two different things. 

• 1 month later...

Hey guys!

I wanted to update you on something I recently discovered.

Amazon Prime USA has licensed Heavenly Sword and Dragon Sabre 2019 in April 2020. If you’re from USA and subscribe to Amazon Prime you can watch for us and let us know how it’s different.

From what I gathered from the reviews/comments, it seems to only have Cantonese audio with English captions. I’ve been waiting forever for it to be licensed by Netflix but now I see that Amazon got there first so it’s exclusive to Amazon (no wonder).

I’m in Canada and unfortunately, Amazon Prime in Canada does not have the same content so I don’t have HSDS 2019. Well, if anyone can watch a couple episodes and give us a review, please help us out! :)

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, kimmortal said:

Hey guys!

I wanted to update you on something I recently discovered.

Amazon Prime USA has licensed Heavenly Sword and Dragon Sabre 2019 in April 2020. If you’re from USA and subscribe to Amazon Prime you can watch for us and let us know how it’s different.

From what I gathered from the reviews/comments, it seems to only have Cantonese audio with English captions. I’ve been waiting forever for it to be licensed by Netflix but now I see that Amazon got there first so it’s exclusive to Amazon (no wonder).

I’m in Canada and unfortunately, Amazon Prime in Canada does not have the same content so I don’t have HSDS 2019. Well, if anyone can watch a couple episodes and give us a review, please help us out! :)

50 episodes, each episode are either 43-44min long. All of them in Cantonese with subtitles.

If there's a specific scene you want me to check for differences let me know. It's been a while so unless I go check both version there's no way I can tell what's different.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, arcchidus said:

50 episodes, each episode are either 43-44min long. All of them in Cantonese with subtitles.

If there's a specific scene you want me to check for differences let me know. It's been a while so unless I go check both version there's no way I can tell what's different.

1) What’s the opening song?

2) Could you check episode 28, when Zhao Min is thinking back to her memories of him, does he think about her too? It’s just before he wakes up from his sleep. In the original streaming version, she thinks of him and then it cuts to him thinking of her, and wondering why he kept the box. In the dvd version, they cut out his part completely. You can tell because even the background music ends abruptly.

Also, still disappointed that 50 episodes is all we’re ever gonna get no matter which release it is.

1 hour ago, kimmortal said:

1) What’s the opening song?

2) Could you check episode 28, when Zhao Min is thinking back to her memories of him, does he think about her too? It’s just before he wakes up from his sleep. In the original streaming version, she thinks of him and then it cuts to him thinking of her, and wondering why he kept the box. In the dvd version, they cut out his part completely. You can tell because even the background music ends abruptly.

Also, still disappointed that 50 episodes is all we’re ever gonna get no matter which release it is.

1) It's the Cantonese opening song.

2) They cut the box scene like in the DVD version it looks like.

The dub is actually quite good in terms of emotion, if you know Cantonese. I actually kind of enjoyed it. It's too bad they messed around with the end of the story, but at least in this version Zhao Min and Wuji really loved each other.

• Like 1