[Drama 2018] Miss Hammurabi, 미스 함무라비

0ly40

53 minutes ago, ohani said:

(That's why some conservatives labelled, and bashed this drama as a feminist drama, or even worse, a Megalia drama--in an unfair way)

Really? Why do I get the feeling that feminism in Korea is being associated with Megalia and therefore, frowned upon. Please enlighten me. I see nothing wrong in the episode where she wore a mini skirt (although that wasn't that short and she wore black panty hose to cover her legs) to prove a point. It was effective and it drove the message she wanted to convey. How is it a form of radical activism?

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OR had a traumatic childhood. Not only she was the victim of sexual harassment, but she witnessed domestic abuse too. Her mother had so many bruises on her face. When she mentioned to IBR that she couldn't denunciate her piano teacher because her father would become scary, then it seems that she feared that her father could hurt her or her mother. I guess, the domestic abuse is related to the failing business. Striking is that the father killed himself in front of his wife. I am wondering if his action was a form of retaliation against his wife... somehow blaming her for his misery. He knew that this would affect her. I am wondering if the grandmother is the mother of OR's father. I had this impression because once the mother saw the grandmother, she became distant again.

I am glad that IBR has finally confessed because from now on, OR is forced to perceive IBR in a different light. Besides, I would like her to become curious about IBR. She doesn't know IBR that well. She also thinks that he comes from the middle-class. 

Am i the only one who thinks that the ‘left’ ohreum and ‘right’ ohreum is a different people? Bcs first, they have a different hairstyle. second, the left ohreum always smile when bareun see and called her and has a more bright image than the right ohreum.

oh god i need to know more about ohreum 

DfK9coBUEAEiZON.jpg

5 minutes ago, chatterbox22 said:

@dramamania Well, in the picture on the right she was very nervous and uneasy because she was telling Ba Reun about the incident with the piano teacher. When it comes to hairstyles maybe the staff overlooked it. I don't think there is a twin stuff going on but then again who knows :wink:  

noo it's not when she was telling bareun about the incident, it's when bareun called her and meet for the first time

[Knowing Bros Roundup] Episode 131 - Go Ara and Kim Myung Soo (L)

2018061101000777900060133_20180610103912565.jpg
Screen%2BShot%2B2018-06-09%2Bat%2B10.53.42%2BPM.png
Screen%2BShot%2B2018-06-09%2Bat%2B10.53.37%2BPM.png

1. [+1687, -21] It's an obvious fact that Go Ara is really pretty but she has the charm to make people feel good because she's bright and pure, while watching she made me laugh!!

2. [+971, -207] I really liked how the length of her skirt wasn't short like the other guests ㅋ As expected, because she's pretty she doesn't try to stand out in that way (through the skirt length), Go Ara be successful   

3. [+668, -27] Myung Soo-yah, I really liked how I was able to see you on 'Knowing Bros' yesterday ㅎㅎ Congrats on your debut's 8th anniversary ♡♡♡

4. [+346, -15] My eyes have been blessed! ㅎㅎㅎ it seems like Go Ara really has a good personality 

5. [+251, -15] Miss Hammurabi.. I watched it by chance but this drama is the best!! ^^

Spoiler

US4kFypS8UPCUh8UGjZvS2xuYOByompETyu_9M73UbnstvK6GDr6enI9YDAwKRo3LD1om95PybRzLaH6wh5mUTFgDAm1U2w1mym-FZ7ZUlui9mXn1iqcRboJKTggHOgqxqAAnBZiw39rr1HfQTLkBk9e6mzz4McEMcv2_W8=s0-d
Screen%2BShot%2B2018-06-09%2Bat%2B11.06.35%2BPM.png
Screen%2BShot%2B2018-06-09%2Bat%2B11.06.41%2BPM.png

1. [+1144, -22] While watching the show, there aren't many celebrities that makes me think that they're showing their real image and personality but she's one of them. She doesn't look like she's fake and seems quite easy-going, because of her good personality, her pretty face looks prettier ㅎㅎ

2. [+499, -5] Seriously the story about the curly hair ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

3. [+420, -9] Go Ara really seems like she has a good personality, it seems like she was brought up well, you gave feel her bright energy, I seriously see her in a different light, her charm is insane

4. [+315, -31] Myung Soo is seriously really handsome ㅜㅜ Among the idols, he's a wall... he doesn't lose against an actor.. he doesn't seem like a punk and he's pure.. how can there be a kid like him ㄷㄷㄷ

======

[Miss Hammurabi Roundup] Episode 5 + 6

201806042341379198786_20180605001003_01_20180605002414140.jpg
Screen%2BShot%2B2018-06-09%2Bat%2B9.39.34%2BAM.png
Screen%2BShot%2B2018-06-08%2Bat%2B8.30.15%2BPM.png

1. [+1426, -93] I feel like this drama is going to go to the U.S.
↪ [+81, -1] Go Ara's acting really improved a lot

2. [+1234, -23] It makes me wonder if reality is the monster that created the obsession with success. The society of a goose fathers keeps on goading them to succeed, they get disregarded for not taking elite courses, it all of a sudden made me think if they became evil because all that's left for them while living was evil things. (t/n: 'Goose fathers' are fathers who stay in Korea while their kids and wives live abroad so that their children can receive a better education for better opportunities.)     

3. [+1197, -16] I seriously gasped when Sung Dong Il said shouldn't they listen to the story of both sides, seriously there's touching moments and it's a drama that makes you think about things ㅠ

4. [+902, -13] The fantasy of nearly half the judges coming together but still they properly showed that in reality, they failed was relatable and unfortunate, but then again, it made me wonder what exactly is justice after seeing the success-obsessed department head in the end. This drama makes you think about things, it's the best!

5. [+713, -24] It's cool, I hope more dramas like this come out, it makes me emotional ㅠ    

Spoiler

cXvxEqDPjDZszapkQUgl4hnkrFf_N78jUjsRuuFrG0OyN7-bfOavF2qvDbw0WSZsESrYlodwTiYSgC2bNBTVljepavIuhkR-FYvOjvZ99ktpze6Fz3V-plCG4aOiGFcTGTmMQJqj8H6Mbc3yIEQltHk-=s0-d

Screen%2BShot%2B2018-06-09%2Bat%2B10.36.13%2BPM.png
Screen%2BShot%2B2018-06-09%2Bat%2B10.36.17%2BPM.png
Original Source (X Sports News via Naver): 'Miss Hammurabi' Kim Myung Soo confess to Go Ara but..."No time"

1. [+1245, -17] It would still be good if there was no romance but since chemistry is chemistry, it makes me look forward to it

2. [+572, -23] It's really good, it's forreal well-made   

3. [+495, -10] He made a clear confession.. was rejected.. I like the drama even more because it didn't just fall into a love line! Waiting for next week!

4. [+394, -16] Because of debt and work, they have no time for dating, wow this is real 

cr

2 minutes ago, jl08 said:

@0ly40

Really no episode today? Nooooooo! 

I was looking forward to it so much and searching for the short clips in youtube too!

Why.....  :(

@jl08

No ep tonight. There was special news report for Trump-Kim summit, which lasted more than 30 mins, then JTBC aired a variety show.

It should follow a normal schedule tomorrow night.

I think some Korean were disappointed with the canceling and the drama trended at no.1 on Naver real time. However, the summit is more important as it is a historical global event.

In the mean time, we have a new OST, and it s very good

@star2010

Thanks for the information. I guess I'll repeat the earlier episodes then...lol

Boy, the new OST is another stunner and it's from the same singer U-mb5?  It's so beautiful that I get the chills just listening to it and the beautiful image of Ba Reun and O reum flashes across my mind from their high school days to crossing path again as judges and to Ba Reun's confession and O Reum's traumatic past. 

It's the best drama for me so far and it's such a wonderful choice to cast Ara and Kim Myung Soo. I would never imagine that they would be so charismatic together and awesome with their roles in MH. Loving them more each episode!

Can't wait for more...  :)

Ep 5 is epic.

All of the characters are so well-written. It’s not easy to have a good script in Kdramaland these days.

The dialogues are so good and meaningful.

Human beings lived oppressed under the aristocracy, the rich and powerful for years. Yet when the weak revolted, they were called thugs, animals, uncivil behings. Many people are sufferings, but they can not protest. Why? Because we are trapped in the neverending of survivals. We experience many injustice everyday. We want to fight back. However, we are unable to. We need jobs, we need shelter, we need food. We have family to take care of. It’s hard for everyone to come together and fight for what is right.

I am happy that the drama does not give a clear resolution about the meeting. Change will take time. It takes centuries to abolish slavery,  decades to get women the right to vote, years for civil rights and lgbt rights. In real life, nothing will change overnight, esp without effects from many many people.

OR’s growth journey is developing beautifully. She accepts advices from BR and Judge Han, learns from it and adjusts her method of dealing with things. Her speech is not about how wrong Presiding Judges are as we usually get from dramas. Her speech is about how she appreciates Judge Han. She learns to respect other judges, the elders, of what they have been contributing to the system and asks for their helps to continue to improve the working environment that they helped to establish.

It’s easy for younger generation to think that the older generation as evil people who prevent social changes. However, if it were not for those older generations to put foundation for the society, the younger generation isn’t here to complain. Just like the gender equality will not achieve without the help of male to change to society attitude, labor rights will not obtain without the help of those at the management levels.

Regarding people think that judges should not have personal view influence their rulings, i think it is not always true.Many judges rule according to their political and personal viewpoint all the time ( it is almost impossible for Clarence Thomas to vote in favor of gay rights). It’s hard for judges to be emotionless, unless they are robots. At best, just like Judge Han said, judges can care for cases but should not allow it to show in courtroom, and try their best to listen from both sides and have a fair judgment.

By the way, i really like the chemistry between GA and SDI. Their silent exchange in the conference room is very powerful.

I just joined this board after marathon ING the first 6 episodes. It's daebak. I love the whole storyline and characters. Super excited about today's episode. Looks like it will be about our L's family story. There should be more noise here. This drama is so refreshing. It has the Answer Me series vibe which jives well with me. 

Archived