[Drama 2018] Miss Hammurabi, 미스 함무라비

0ly40

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@jl08, I think considering that OR basically rejected IBR it will most likely take some time for her head to catch up with any growing feelings she might have for IBR. When he confessed to her she was very surprised because she never regarded him in that way so I guess the best way for the writer to proceed to make it seem realistic is for the little things he does for her start to accumulate, shape and grow her feelings for him.

At least with the other couple (judge and stenographer) the interest was always clear in a romantic sense and I guess they’ll be going on a date soon.

@celebrianna

Thanks for sharing your views. I agree with you totally, that Ba Reun is doing things that will shape and grow O Reum's feelings for him, like she put on his perfume and she begins to appreciate that he's doing the difficult cases. She was also grateful to him for visiting her mum.

Ep 9 - Ba Reun's heartbreak scene with his mum and breaking the rules for her is awesome.  His taking over the difficult cases for her is admirable and worth loving totally! I give credit to Ara for taking up this role - of being the much-disliked 'bad' guy to expose an anomaly in the system or with someone. O Reum is the catalyst for change. Thank goodness Ba Reun is there to guide her and protect her.

I know that the drama is of a legal genre. Just that after all the heavy doses of court matters and social issues, it would be a breath of fresh air for their romance to be showcased as well...but it's written by a judge, not a romantic novelist...so yes, anything else is a bonus.  :D

3 hours ago, celebrianna said:

That was thought as well but I guess the hospital IBR went to was understaffed. The doctor said they’ve been working long hours.  

Well still they didn't even look the patient and told him directly to register is weird.

I thougt there was some kind of protocol or triage in Emergency room even at understaffed Hospital. Well just saying the scene is little bit off. But probably because BR's mother able screaming in pain, so the case belong to non urgent.  

11 hours ago, jma030201 said:

Does anyone know why Go Ara is always wearing a jacket/sweater/coat in this drama? Usually actresses do that when they are pregnant ... does anyone know why she dresses like that in this drama?

I think it's her style, as part of her personality. It's so comfy. 

9 hours ago, simplesim said:

I have to agree on OR's dowdy wardrobe (and dull colors too). I dunno if its planned by the team but its just so unfavorable.

Go Ara already have such a round face and the coats' big collars hide her neck making her look "fat" in many angles. Cant blame many critics who say she looks fat in this drama. We are OR fans so we know better and also looks are not everything. The steno dresses so well and Judge Hong looks good in ep8.

Actually, OR’s wardrobe is a metaphor of her character and the issues the drama discusses.The big coats and dark color are about SK society, i.e big = prosperous, and dark = ugly issue.

While SK is a rich country, it also has many ugly social issues that are covered but needed to discuss. Also the the reason OR is wearing coats all the time is that she is a fighter who is ready to fight for whatever she thinks is wrong (in this sense, her coats are her armors).

Hello, new to this thread!!

I finally managed to catch up with all the episodes after my friend and colleague recommended the drama to me and I love it! It's a pity the drama is not more popular. 

The writing is quite thoughtful and the writer asks lots of hard questions. Sometimes the answers to them are not easy to find. I also appreciate that while the drama takes its liberties in the writing, they try to keep it real (like when they flashed the notice that family cases are handled by the Family Court). 

I really liked Episode 9 because it reminded both OR and BR that they are humans with feelings and shouldn't be so fast to judge. Both of them are perfect for each other, but not just yet. If they get into a romance now, realistically they will probably have a lot of arguments. When both of them change and move a bit closer towards the core of what they think is justice, then that will probably work. OR needs to understand that justice without mercy is the mother of cruelty and BR needs to understand that justice without compassion is tyranny. 

Special mention to Presiding Judge Han!!! I love how he is so grouchy and seemingly jaded after being so long in the system but he is always humble and does his best to understand the parties before him. I was really touched at his speech for the father fighting for custody.  

I'm looking forward to the next episode!! :D:D

@mojobobo

Hi there! Glad that you're enjoying the drama. Agree that it should be more popular because it's really an awesome drama. Hope it'll get more viewers in due time. 

Ba Reun and O Reum are growing together. They'll find common core values one day to help them in their decision-making. As for their love journey, I've to remind myself that the genre of this drama is a legal one, so even if they've perfect chemistry, I'm not sure if the PD and scriptwriter had intended to give that some screen time and since it's pre-produced, it can't possibly incorporate viewers' opinion, unlike those ongoing production that can consider feedback and make adaptations, if necessary.

Judge Han is like a father to the two young judges and his experience will help shape them, especially O Reum who is the whistle-blower most of the time. It's brave of her but she still need to curb her emotions and be objective in times of crisis. I like how both Judge Im and Judge Han are slowly learning to give more considerations to the cases instead of just being logical and dispassionate. Fortunately, there are some comical moments to take the seriousness out of this legal drama. 

I really like the three judges and their teamwork, with all their idiosyncrasies that make them so lovable.  :D

I totally agree with you @mojobobo

Last night, I rewatched ep9. The moment when OR rush in a decision to submit a complaint about Judge Gam, I’m a bit disappointed. They (PDnim) should give her some moments to show her sadness, her dissapointment because she likes Judge Gam and respects him. I know that she’s honest and she wants justice and his action hurts her feeling. But now she’s more matured. And it’s more human if she shows that she cares, and if so, it will match with the last part when she runs out to see him the last time and she apparently is sad and regret.

3 minutes ago, oceluna0801 said:

I totally agree with you @mojobobo

Last night, I rewatched ep9. The moment when OR rush in a decision to submit a complaint about Judge Gam, I’m a bit disappointed. They (PDnim) should give her some moments to show her sadness, her dissapointment because she likes Judge Gam and respects him. I know that she’s honest and she wants justice and his action hurts her feeling. But now she’s more matured. And it’s more human if she shows that she cares, and if so, it will match with the last part when she runs out to see him the last time and she apparently is sad and regret.

Yes!! When the episode first started out I was a bit disappointed because when OR refused to try and see things from BR's pov abt the protesters (despite him telling her he understands where she is coming from), it seemed like she regressed from her earlier growth when she realised her actions hurt Eun Ji and when she started to see things from BR's perspective. The puncher came when she realised that despite getting the justice she was so bent on getting, she feels hurt and upset at PJ Gam being taken away. 

I don't think it was wrong for him to be taken away though. Everyone was upset simply because PJ Gam was a nice person and probably also a good judge. It's just that as he said, he is human before he is a judge. To be honest if this was PJ Sung, I doubt people would have felt as sorry for him and as angry against OR. I guess it also shows that even if you are a good person, you can fall but because you have lived an upright life thus far, people will help you get back on your feet. Too many life lessons to learn from this drama!

11 minutes ago, jl08 said:

@mojobobo

Hi there! Glad that you're enjoying the drama. Agree that it should be more popular because it's really an awesome drama. Hope it'll get more viewers in due time. 

Ba Reun and O Reum are growing together. They'll find common core values one day to help them in their decision-making. As for their love journey, I've to remind myself that the genre of this drama is a legal one, so even if they've perfect chemistry, I'm not sure if the PD and scriptwriter had intended to give that some screen time and since it's pre-produced, it can't possibly incorporate viewers' opinion, unlike those ongoing production that can consider feedback and make adaptations, if necessary.

Judge Han is like a father to the two young judges and his experience will help shape them, especially O Reum who is the whistle-blower most of the time. It's brave of her but she still need to curb her emotions and be objective in times of crisis. I like how both Judge Im and Judge Han are slowly learning to give more considerations to the cases instead of just being logical and dispassionate. Fortunately, there are some comical moments to take the seriousness out of this legal drama. 

I really like the three judges and their teamwork, with all their idiosyncrasies that make them so lovable.  :D

I also really like the teamwork. they help balance each other out and it's so funny how PJ Han is like "Judge Park isn't it time for you to say something now?" when she is trying to keep her mouth shut hahaha. 

I guess the love scenes here are more realistically portrayed plus grandiose romantic scenes would be too weird for this drama ahahhah. I would rather have more scenes where they slowly connect with each other, understand each other and just be there for each other. BR has been doing a good job so thumbs up to him :D The scene of him with OR's mum was so beautiful. Now it's OR's turn to make an effort. She hasn't realised that she likes/is interested in him...

I know some are disappointed with O Reum's action. I was too, till I realised that core values are very difficult to change and takes time to change and if one of her core values is to protect the weak, her natural instinct takes over but we can see her suffering the consequences of her impulsiveness & righteousness.

She must have felt so torn & guilty because she liked that judge. It'll be a painful lesson for sure. Still, we need someone like her to clean up the system...in better ways next time. 

Yes, O Reum is probably on her way to realizing her feelings for Ba Reun.  I like how Ba Reun supports her quietly. So cool! :)

I think that while OR means well, I also think that being too passionate in your own point of view is selfish. While I was fuming about that judge who worked his junior to the point of a miscarriage, I have to admit that when the senior judge for the main team finally had his say I was heartily ashamed of my one-sided perspective because he made some valid points. I was only seeing things through OR’s sense of justice and point of view. Still, if I am honest I am not pleased how that issue was concluded but it was very realistic. I must admit my respect for their senior judge escalated. I think I like him most out of all the judges I have seen in this show. He’s also fair and balanced in the true sense of those words.

OR being surprised about the logical conclusion of her complaint against the judge in episode 9 showed me that she might not have thought this through. I thought she was prepared to face the consequences but it seemed she really didn’t realize this was how it would end. 

6 hours ago, celebrianna said:

I think that while OR means well, I also think that being too passionate in your own point of view is selfish. While I was fuming about that judge who worked his junior to the point of a miscarriage, I have to admit that when the senior judge for the main team finally had his say I was heartily ashamed of my one-sided perspective because he made some valid points. I was only seeing things through OR’s sense of justice and point of view. Still, if I am honest I am not pleased how that issue was concluded but it was very realistic. I must admit my respect for their senior judge escalated. I think I like him most out of all the judges I have seen in this show. He’s also fair and balanced in the true sense of those words.

OR being surprised about the logical conclusion of her complaint against the judge in episode 9 showed me that she might not have thought this through. I thought she was prepared to face the consequences but it seemed she really didn’t realize this was how it would end. 

OR isn't only prejudiced in her judgement, she has also a black and white mentality which IBR pointed out. In my opinion, OR's judgement seems to be superficial too. She complained about IBR's indifference, when he ignored her once, whereas IBR has done everything to help her. Sure, she is unaware of his gesture. Yet if she looked a little deeper, she would notice that IBR had taken more cases. She knew that he worked much more than she does. Besides, a few days before, he visited her mother and sang for her. How can she complain that IBR is indifferent, just because he didn't listen to her once? I guess, OR's problem is that she doesn't see people's suffering from middle-class and from higher social class. In her mind, IBR has no struggle at home and had never had a difficult childhood as he doesn't let people see his struggle. OR is blind to that... Since the judge was nice and friendly, has a good position... she didn't think that he would be struggling. From the moment, she saw him trying to influence her, she condemned him as someone corrupt. Let us not forget that she compared bad people to "rotten apples". But like IBR said, her metaphor illustrates that she doesn't make a difference between a person character and an action (wrongdoing). However, nobody is perfect.

IBR is actually my favourite character because he always reflects on his mistake hence he decided to find out why the man was so mad at the judges. OR is too rash in her judgement... she doesn't think about the consequences. The irony is that the judge from Gangnam didn't do any justice and wasn't reprimanded as he hadn't been bribed officially... however, he had been influenced by the people around him, while the other judge in a moment of despair accepted the money without thinking about the consequences. 

@bebebisous33  excellent post. I feel that you are right on point about OR and IBR too. I must congratulate this show for making me search my own feelings and thoughts about these kinds of issues as well and forcing me to see both points of view. I also appreciate it even when a ruling is made that does not agree with my emotional point of view. Very good show.

I second the above opinion about this show making me question my own beliefs and ideologies. Almost every episode makes me do some soul searching and how nothing is ever black and white. No wonder the writer had IBR carry a copy of ' To kill a mockingbird ' in the first episode. That has been my favourite book for a long time now and I am a die hard fan of Atticus Finch. 

Somehow, while thinking about the book I remembered that IBR gives that book( it seems so) in the flashback to PCOR and possibly that might have been influencial in her deciding to become a judge after all the attrocities that she suffered in her past. Just a wild guess probably but it wouldn't be surprising if that happens.

I guess we're all learning to examine ourselves more and not rush into hasty judgement and decisions, thanks to the drama.  :)

Regarding O Reum's case, I wonder why the scriptwriter had her character regressed rather than progressed.  He must have known that O Reum will face backlash for being hasty again. Based on all his wisdom shared in the court cases, he doesn't seem the kind to simply let his lead female character do something foolish again without learning from her experience. 

I wonder if there's a message that the writer is trying to convey from that regression.  Maybe it's to convey the point that while it's good for change to take place, it's not something that one should effect right away without meticulous consideration of all possible actions and repercussions and that persistent hasty & emotional decisions would not lend credibility to the people who are trying to lead the change.

From ep 10 preview, it looks like O Reum is having it bad. Let's hope she has finally learnt her lesson.  

As for Im Ba Reun, he's a blessing to O Reum. I'm glad that he's steadfast in his feelings for her all these while. :wub:

@jl08, from personal experience i think it’s not easy to change oneself. I fail all the time over a short period of time. Sometimes I’m in it before I even realize it. I think it might be the same for OR. She has her own strong sense of justice and her own strong convictions so it will probably take a while for her to find a good compromise or balance rather than reacting so quickly all the time without thinking of the consequences. I’m just glad that IBR is there to offer her a different point of view. 

4 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

I agree with that OR is a controversial character to the extent that she can't be real existing outside the drama. But isn't it the whole point of the drama though? The People's Supreme Court of China (the highest court in PRC) made an exception few days ago by recommending MH, among other legal dramas, for the simple reason of having such emotional, impulsive Park Cha Oh Reum in the drama, because the controversy surrounding her defines the value of the drama.  She is the embodiment of Hammurabi who upholds steadfastly the hard principle of "An Eye for an Eye,  a Tooth for a Tooth."  In many different ways, she is only a "catalyst" that escalates the conflicts and exposes the problems within the legal system of SK.  She propels the change, both internal and external, among the people around her.

It's tempting to point finger at OR for her reckless action in episode 9, but she, following the advice of BR, reports to Judge Han first--which is already different from episode 4 and 5 where she just starts a petition without consulting her colleagues.  It is Judge Han who reports to the head, not her, but why is she the one to be blamed?  Is it because she is a woman, a rookie judge who has no seniority and thus she should stay quiet for the superficial cohesion and integrity of an organization? This HAPPENS all the time in all organizations and society. The way I see is that episode 9 poses a question to the audience:  Do we as audience, like those judges in the court, are "socialized," or rather, indoctrinated, to the degree that we will sacrifice our moral principle in the name of the "collective"? The ones in the lowest rung, often women, take the blame and become the scapegoat, even though they are doing what they are supposed to do. I also have the feeling that the judge being reported in episode 9 is a scapegoat. It  is a universal rule that a judge should not use his or her personal connections to influence the ruling. OR is scolded for overstepping in earlier episodes for trying to reopen the trial of the mother who lost her son by finding her a lawyer. In episode 9,  what the other judge has done is even more obviously criminal, violating the codes of conduct in court. That's why Judge Han, despite years of friendship, still reports him.  

The only problem though is that PD/writer is always so thrifty with OR's psyche. We are spared of her struggle.  By episode 9, we see that both Judge Han and BR have become much more humane characters. We sympathize with IBR, because he is the only full, real character in the entire drama where the audience is informed of his interior process and struggle, and that's why OR is the most relatable character. OR, in contrast, is all action and all impulse. Even her family background is conveniently written with many cliches. (I mean who can go to law school with what happens to her family, with the huge debt left by her father, a mother with dementia needing medical care? Not in "Hell Joseon" that is the nickname for SK now). In other words, OR is a mythical figure, not a real "character" even in a fictive universe of the drama. 

Judge Moon  (the scriptwriter) gave a wonderfully rich interview few days ago. I wish I had time translating the entire interview, which is quintessential to understanding the local context of the entire drama. The domestic reception of the drama, particularly OR, is drastically different. SK audience root for OR and want more OR to exist in their legal system and society under naver news entries. 

In the interview, when asked about the casting, Judge Moon first mentions Sung Dung-il. He says that he thought about Sung Dung-il from Reply Series when penning Judge Han, and therefore there is no need to elaborate more. Then he mentions Go Ara. He says Go Ara's personality is also very straightforward, just like OR. However,  Go Ara asked Judge Moon why OR is angry all the time, because she herself isn't this type of person. Judge Moon then sheds an important light here:  “Park Cha Oh Reum is a character created in the aftermath of Sewol Ferry Tragedy. She represents the pain, the rage South Koreans felt at the time.” When she challenges Judge Han and BR for stopping her for petition in episode 5, She speaks for the people's outcry at the time: "You want me to stay indifferent and do nothing? The people around me are drowning in water and you want me to watch them (drowning?)" Judge Moon emphasizes that “OR is a figure remembering the pain and rage, not towards a particular incident.She represents a feeling of discontent towards the systematic failure in the world. ”

(I don't know if anyone here has read about the entire fiasco of Sewol Ferry. PGH regime delayed the rescue, almost on purpose, and even punished those who tried to use their private boats to rescue the kids.)

Another key issue Judge Moon brings up is a pointed critique on the internalized gender bias within Korean TV shows and movies, as well as among audience. This passage has been retweeted 25K on among SK twitter users https://twitter.com/Yeong21016/status/1008513875463925760/photo/1

I will translate the passage and leave food for thoughts: 

Question: "Isn't Park Cha Oh Reum too emotional, with her tearing up in the court and getting overtly-involved in other people's business? How do you respond to such a criticism?" 

Judge Moon: " Yes. You are right. She does have this side to her, and this defines her personality (note: the name isn't a real name. It means "brimming with emotions" and "spurring actions").  But she will continue to grow, right?  However, I want to raise this question. Isn't Judge Han emotional too? Beyond tearing up in court, he yelled in the court room and got angry at his two junior judges indiscriminately. Why isn't there accusation against him? In the TV shows and films of our country (i.e. SK),  there are so many  "tough guys" who explode like a bomb whenever their male ego is triggered. Why are we (as audience) so tolerant for certain emotion, but so uncomfortable towards others? This is something worth pondering  upon. 

Judge Moon has been a vocal critique on sexism in SK.  Here is another translated entry on Male Rage and Male Rage:

http://femik.tistory.com/28?platform=hootsuite

Everybody is entitled to his or her take on the drama. I am here offering some local perspectives, specifically the authorial intention. We don't have to like OR. Contrary to the popular view, I am relieved to see how she hasn't changed much because she continues to challenge the system, even the method isn't agreeable for some. I don't want her to become cast into a narrow spectrum of family and romance like in episode 6-8.

@ohani

I agree with that OR is a controversial character to the extent that she can't be real existing outside the drama. But isn't it the whole point of the drama though? The People's Supreme Court of China (the highest court in PRC) made an exception few days ago by recommending MH, among other legal dramas, for the simple reason of having such emotional, impulsive Park Cha Oh Reum in the drama, because the controversy surrounding her defines the value of the drama.  She is the embodiment of Miss Hammurabi who upholds steadfastly the hard principle of "An Eye for an Eye,  a Tooth for a Tooth."  In many different ways, she is only a "catalyst" that escalates the conflicts and exposes the problems within the legal system of SK.  She propels the change, both internal and external, among the people around her.

It's tempting to point finger at OR for her reckless action in episode 9, but she, following the advice of BR, reports to Judge Han first--which is already different from episode 4 and 5 where she just starts a petition without consulting her colleagues.  It is Judge Han who reports to the head, not her, but why is she the one to be blamed? Is it because she is a woman, a rookie judge who has no seniority and thus she should stay quiet?  Do we as audience, like those judges in the court, are "socialized," or rather, indoctrinated, to the degree to accept such a problematic social convention? This HAPPENS all the time in all organizations and society. The ones in the lowest rung, often women, has to take the blame, even though they are doing what they are supposed to do. It  is a universal rule that a judge should not use his or her personal connections to influence the ruling. OR is scolded for overstepping in earlier episodes for trying to reopen the trial of the mother who lost her son by finding her a lawyer. In episode 9,  what the other judge has done is even more obviously criminal, violating the codes of conduct in court. That's why Judge Han, despite years of friendship, still reports him.  

1. And that's exactly my problem. I don't agree with that principle "An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth" as it is too simple and archaic. A judge should be impartial. OR might have compassion and feel empathy for others, yet she lacks impartiality which is exactly what she reproached to the other judge. She considers herself better and superior, nonetheless she is just the product of her environment (lower social class). But she is not really different, it is just that she defends different kind of people. While the judge has been influenced by the people from Gangnam, she is influenced by people living in poverty. She has the preconception that "poor people" are good people who got tricked and abused by rich and powerful persons. But let just face it: even poor people are not a synonym for good people.

Moreover, the media can have a negative influence on people. I am French and each time I come home, I am so bothered by the news on TV because they lack objectivity. The news are too focused on France, they lack deep analysis and self-reflection/criticism. The problem is that nowadays people tend to judge people very quickly due to the new technology. In the last episode, it was clearly pointed out how a single person can manipulate others (protests) or the media can manipulate people's opinion. And that's a dangerous thing to do: react on emotions... Before any action, people should try to get more info and analyze. That's why it is important not to let the new media and technology influence you, take your time and think things through before judging anything.

2. OR was hurt, when she saw the judge arrested as she didn't expect him to be arrested. Nonetheless he had committed a crime. OR is now an outcast because she revealed the "rotten apple". Yes, judge Han was the one who reported him, yet she is blamed because she had made that statement earlier about the rotten apple. Han had told her that the judge would never forget her speech. The other judges will avoid her as she is seen as a betrayer and whistle-blower. We shouldn't forget what happened to other whistle-blowers. Some were condemned or had to flee their country. 

1 hour ago, bebebisous33 said:

@ohani

1. And that's exactly my problem. I don't agree with that principle "An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth" as it is too simple and archaic. A judge should be impartial. OR might have compassion and feel empathy for others, yet she lacks impartiality which is exactly what she reproached to the other judge. She considers herself better and superior, nonetheless she is just the product of her environment (lower social class). But she is not really different, it is just that she defends different kind of people. While the judge has been influenced by the people from Gangnam, she is influenced by people living in poverty. She has the preconception that "poor people" are good people who got tricked and abused by rich and powerful persons. But let just face it: even poor people are not a synonym for good people.

Moreover, the media can have a negative influence on people. I am French and each time I come home, I am so bothered by the news on TV because they lack objectivity. The news are too focused on France, they lack deep analysis and self-reflection/criticism. The problem is that nowadays people tend to judge people very quickly due to the new technology. In the last episode, it was clearly pointed out how a single person can manipulate others (protests) or the media can manipulate people's opinion. And that's a dangerous thing to do: react on emotions... Before any action, people should try to get more info and analyze. That's why it is important not to let the new media and technology influence you, take your time and think things through before judging anything.

2. OR was hurt, when she saw the judge arrested as she didn't expect him to be arrested. Nonetheless he had committed a crime. OR is now an outcast because she revealed the "rotten apple". Yes, judge Han was the one who reported him, yet she is blamed because she had made that statement earlier about the rotten apple. Han had told her that the judge would never forget her speech. The other judges will avoid her as she is seen as a betrayer and whistle-blower. We shouldn't forget what happened to other whistle-blowers. Some were condemned or had to flee their country. 

It is the scriptwriter's intention to use her character to show how each person is limited in his and her perspective. It is NOT only her character though. Let's face it. The ER room incident also forces BR to compromise his principle and recognize his own limit. He has to resort to his personal connection to get his mother preferential treatment, and yet he comes to realize that there are worse-off patients than his mother. He is reprimanded by the doctor for using his privilege. The next day when he went to work, he for the first time comes to sympathize and understand the predicament of those who protest in the front gate. Rich people, like represented by OR rich oppa, are naturally embedded and protected by the law because they implant their people in the court or have connections --they don't even need to bribe the judges, while the disadvantaged ones can only petition in the most seemingly ineffective way to let their voice heard--they do not have money to hire lawyers, or pay "law brokers" to find decent, qualified lawyers. That's why this episode begins by portraying the" law brokers" talking with a potential customer about pricing. 

I am with you that the approach " an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth" is problematic,  and the poor people are not necessarily good people, but the message of episode 9 is  WHO has access to the law and who doesn't, who gets protected and who is excluded. OR challenges the other Judge in the cafeteria because he only takes care of people who are as privileged as him, while neglecting those 30000 workers toiling away in the factory. OR's action this time is a more daring one, because she tries to expose the complicit structure between the government, the law, and the rich in SK. I live in the States, so this phenomenon is too close to home.

Yes. The scriptwriter makes OR a whistle-blower, an "individual" who defies conformity and seniority preferential culture (like the ordering in the restaurant, which totally cracks me up). In the preview of episode 10,  she told the big boss with smiles in a calm voice, "If there will be bloodshed, I will shed the blood." My sense is that OR is willing to take the responsibility for being a whistleblower. She even refuses OR's involvement with the case first when she wants to report the case directly to the head. Anyway.  It's really a bummer that JTBC switched the schedule, since episode 9 and 10 should be a unit. 

Archived