[Drama 2018] Miss Hammurabi, 미스 함무라비

0ly40

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, 0ly40 said:

clips ep9

Can someone please translate the clip?? It seems like BR's mom is sick, and the hospital is too busy and no one's available to help? But what is saying on the phone?? I am so worried!

I could only catch ep 9 raw and I think that Ba Reun's mum was in pain and in his panicked state, if I'm not mistaken, he tried to use his connection to get help to admit his mum first? Correct me if I'm wrong. That's why he had to apologise to the other guy cos it should have been his turn first.

Ep9 seems heavy on the legal stuff but then, it's a legal drama..lol. Guess I was hoping for more development in the romance between Ba Reun and O Reum. I've to honestly admit that if I were Go Ara and have been receiving those intense stare from L - it's like his gaze is penetrating your soul.....and L's acting seems pretty good - see the last part where he ran out to take a look at O Reum....I'm not sure if  I could still be as steady as Ara was by now.....:)

In episodes where Ba Reun confessed and when O Reum was telling him about her mum's condition....those intense look from him is absolutely.....amazing!     :D

• Guest changed the title to [Current Drama 2018] Miss Hammurabi, 미스 함무라비 - Mon & Tue @ 23:00 KST

Once again this show has a talent to hit me right in the feels and cry buckets afterwards. I just finished ep 9 and I want more. I enjoy seeing the development between our characters in the sense that they just keep learning new things. Goes to show no matter what age you are r stage you are in your life, you’re always going to have a lesson in every day life. I would also love more scenes between our OTP!

Finished ep 9...this one was too realistic and heavy for me . A simple compliment could turn into harassment , a son's panic could end up putting him in a position of "owing a favour" too in the future , a simple nod of the head is perceived by others  as an agreement, a simple smile interpreted as sabotage...ahhh so many coulds ..who can be on guard 100%,  always ..what a life to live .  

@jadore1  indeed quite realistic. I felt a lot of mixed feelings this episode. The hospital scene in particular had a certain punch to it. I understood IBR’s panic especially since his mother was writhing in so much pain yet what the doctor said to him after treating his mom was like a bucket of ice water. My mixed feelings were running rampant when I indeed saw the other patients, who had no connections, who’ve been waiting for perhaps much longer and in a more serious condition. 

I’m glad that IBR stopped OR from issuing a complaint about the judge without first reporting it to the senior judge. At times OR acts too impulsively. I like that they reported to their senior this time around because he made some valid points last time too when they faced a similar situation with that other worthless judge. 

I haven't seen ep 9 yet. But after watching clip cut without sub, I'm a little worried. OR, as usual, is so impulsive. Why do I feel not good at all? :(

And I think I'm not the only one who hunger for more and more romance between our OTP. Ep 9 already, but they are still so slow. I think there will be no kiss in this drama, for sure, but a hug... tight hug... OK, a hug is enough. How long have to wait? How long?...

I have to work now. Just my 2 cents...

Hi everyone! Have a nice day!

it's been a while since I posted in SOOMPI, but this time I couldnt find an answer to my questions ....

Does anyone know why Go Ara is always wearing a jacket/sweater/coat in this drama? Usually actresses do that when they are pregnant ... does anyone know why she dresses like that in this drama?

Thank you in advance for any response.

P.S. Lee Elijah is so beautiful ... i noticed her in Running Man.

1 hour ago, jma030201 said:

it's been a while since I posted in SOOMPI, but this time I couldnt find an answer to my questions ....

Does anyone know why Go Ara is always wearing a jacket/sweater/coat in this drama? Usually actresses do that when they are pregnant ... does anyone know why she dresses like that in this drama?

I believe it's her character's wardrobe, that's why even her hairstyle is the same all throughout. Perhaps because she's a judge that's why she's dressed that way, she can't dress too revealing.

I hope she at least will change it on the latest episodes though..and doll her up at least...I think she will be wearing a dress on their 'bike date', based on the BTS of their last filming, with Myung Soo..she even posted it on her IG. So pretty sure because she's a judge^^.

5 hours ago, jadore1 said:

Finished ep 9...this one was too realistic and heavy for me . A simple compliment could turn into harassment , a son's panic could end up putting him in a position of "owing a favour" too in the future , a simple nod of the head is perceived by others  as an agreement, a simple smile interpreted as sabotage...ahhh so many coulds ..who can be on guard 100%,  always ..what a life to live .  

Anyeong everyone!  Its been a few years since I posted in Soompi. Also a long while that a drama makes me crazy, addicted again.

I am hesitant to start ep9 since so some of you say its " too realistic and heavy." Ep8 was already very heavy for me.:bawling:

I have been marking my calendar and also concern that we have to wait a whole week for the grand finale! Because of the postponed ep8, now the episodes are out of "sync." :cold_sweat:

Thanks everyone for all your wonderful, meaningful insights, info etc ctc. I can't express my views in writing so will just continue to enjoy all of your posts.:wub:

1 hour ago, lightbringer06 said:

I believe it's her character's wardrobe, that's why even her hairstyle is the same all throughout. Perhaps because she's a judge that's why she's dressed that way, she can't dress too revealing.

I hope she at least will change it on the latest episodes though..and doll her up at least...I think she will be wearing a dress on their 'bike date', based on the BTS of their last filming, with Myung Soo..she even posted it on her IG. So pretty sure because she's a judge^^.

I dont think so. She can wear a woman's suit like other judges/prosecutors. I dont see other judges wearing coats all the time, even in the office scenes ... it sticks out like a sore thumb. In scenes with full body shot, she tries to close her sweater/jacket/coat together, like hiding something ... I am just very very curious is all ...

8 minutes ago, jma030201 said:

I dont think so. She can wear a woman's suit like other judges/prosecutors. I dont see other judges wearing coats all the time, even in the office scenes ... it sticks out like a sore thumb. In scenes with full body shot, she tries to close her sweater/jacket/coat together, like hiding something ... I am just very very curious is all ...

I have to agree on OR's dowdy wardrobe (and dull colors too). I dunno if its planned by the team but its just so unfavorable.

Go Ara already have such a round face and the coats' big collars hide her neck making her look "fat" in many angles. Cant blame many critics who say she looks fat in this drama. We are OR fans so we know better and also looks are not everything. The steno dresses so well and Judge Hong looks good in ep8.

I'm done with Ep9. It's so sad, so so sad. I'm relieved that OR doesn't do anything over the line, in case of Judge Gam. She's so lucky to have BR beside her. You can't tell It's white or black in life, as BR says. Sometimes, it's hard to decide what to do.

Making enemies by saying sharp words... Yeah, BR is right somewhat... Me too, sometimes at work, I don't dare to say all my thoughts, just because I don't want to make war or hurt anyone pride. It's brave of OR, of course, because she's outstanding. I can't do that... Sigh...

I'm touched when BR always thinks of OR. He takes more hard cases. He stops OR and the reason he gives is that OR has mom to take care of, that OR has to survive here... And when he talks about her with his mom, his expression is so touching... He cares and loves her a lot...

About OR styles, I don't think there's anything suspicious about Ara herself. I mean, you see her in Knowing brother and her body there is normal, right? And in the scene they have a date at the end of drama, she's in dress and her body is slim. I think OR in this drama, after her life changed, doesn't care much about her fashion. She's so simple, her hair style, her outfit,... It's understandable because she has a lot of things to worry about. And that's why, Ms. Lee is so surprise that OR uses perfume in ep 8.

2 hours ago, 12blbl said:

I'm confuse with the hospital scene, i thought at ER you assess the patients first then you can tell which patients more urgent 

That was thought as well but I guess the hospital IBR went to was understaffed. The doctor said they’ve been working long hours.  

Miss Hammurabi is such an awesome drama because it presents all the realistic cases in society, like sexual  and workplace harassment. I'm glad that it hasn't included society pressure on body shaming, at least for now.  :)

Most of the time, the actors' wardrobe are sponsored so it's unlikely that they're given attire to 'hide' whatever people think they're trying to hide. Let's continue with the beautiful discussions on the drama, and if anything else, perhaps a private platform would do for further discussion on pregnancy and weight gain?  :)

Both Ara and L are looking great and acting awesomely and the plot is good, for which I'm happy except maybe, the lack of skinship between both of them, which would be a great pity since the writer focuses so much on realistic issues but not the realistic romance between such a great-looking couple who oozes chemistry. While I appreciate the main focus on legal matters, I would seriously love to see much more development in the love relationship between Ba Reun and O Reum.

The preview of ep 10 doesn't seem to include much romance either. For me, ep 8 and ep 9 was a great shift - there seemed to be a missing link for me cos I was happy that Ba Reun had broke O Reum's barrier by visiting her mother and the ending was so beautiful with the guitar but there was no follow up in ep 9. Also,  in ep 9, where Ba Reun broke the rules for his sick mum, I had thought there would be follow-up by O Reum to visit his mum in terms of their relationship development but instead, the focus went to all the other court issues.

Did I over-anticipate the romance part? Lol...

And here's a look at our beautiful OTP and Go Ara without her trench coat.  :)

Definitely not "star-crossed" lovers but "stars-studded" couple...cos they exude lots of bright sparkling stars between them.   :D

DfUt6NPXUAYC0qn.jpg

Archived