Directed by Kwak Jeong Hwan

Screenplay by Moon Yoo Suk

Genre: drama, romance

Episodes: 16

network: JTBC

Airing time : Mon & Tue 23:00

Air date: May 21, 2018 - July 18th, 2018

Plot:

A legal drama centering around judge Im Ba-reun, a top-notch judge who has no interest in success. Rather, he strictly follows what he believes is right.

Cast:

Go Ah Ra as Parkcha Oh Reum
L as Im Ba Reun
Sung Dong Il as Han Se Sang
Ryu Duk Hwan as Jung Bo Wang
Lee Elijah as Lee Do Yeon

People around Parkcha Oh Reum

Lee Tae Sung as Min Yong Joon
Kim Young Ok as Oh Reum’s Grandmother

People around Im Ba Reun

Park Soon Chun as Ba Reun’s mother
Go In Bum as Ba Reun’s Father

source: hancinema

Please follow the FORUM RULES!

Don't post any requests for subs.

Anything unrelated to the drama is considered spamming.

Don't quote pictures.

Don't post illegal streaming links.

Please give credit where credit is due.

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

other news:

Go Ara, L team up in courthouse drama Miss Hammurabi

by javabeans

hammurabi_2.jpg

Casting has finalized on JTBC’s upcoming legal human drama Miss Hammurabi, which previously was courting Infinite idol L (Ruler–Master of the Mask), who has now confirmed, as well as securing Go Ara (Black) to star. The drama is based on a novel of the same name, and novelist Moon Yoo-seok will be penning the drama scripts as well.

I consider this casting a mixed bag, but I do really like Go Ara in feisty roles so I’ll be looking forward to seeing how she takes on the role of a passionate and idealist rookie judge who dreams of a courthouse that is both tough against those with power and kind to those without. She turns the courthouse upside-down with her energetic spirit, which is both righteous and refreshing, and possesses endless positivism and a charismatic personality that wins people over to her side. The description suits Go Ara at her best, and can see her fitting right into that character.

L, on the other hand, plays a character who is her opposite (naturally!), a judge who took the elite course to his position, is a stickler for rules, and avoids making rash decisions. He’s the realist to her dreamer spirit, a serious person who understands the weight of the world. I… find L a much less obvious choice for this role, but considering that he was courted first, I have to believe there’s a reason he was selected.

The character setup sounds an awful lot like Nothing to Lose (where we had a feisty woman judge and a principled male judge coming together in work and romance), but with PD Kwak Jung-hwan (The K2, Chuno, Runaway Plan B) directing this drama, I’m expecting a different feel—different from Nothing to Lose, and also different from all of PD Kwak’s other works, which are usually more about flashy action than small human stories.

Veteran actor (and PD Kwak regular) Sung Dong-il (Smart Prison Living) has also been cast to play a different kind of judge; having entered this career later in life, he thus sees the world slightly differently from his colleagues.

Miss Hammurabi will be entirely pre-produced and plans to air on JTBC in May.

• 4 weeks later...

First script reading for JTBC drama series “Ms. Hammurabi”

Ms.-Hammurabi-SR111.jpg

First script reading for JTBC drama series “Ms. Hammurabi” took place January 16, 2018. Main cast members including Go Ara, L (‘INFINITE’), Sung Dong-Il, Ryu Deok-Hwan, Lee Elijah, Lee Cheol-Min, Lee Won-Jong and Kim Young-Ok all attended the first script reading. Prior to the start of the first script reading, Moon Yoo-Seok spoke and explained the story. Moon Yoo-Seok is a real life judge and he also wrote the novel “Ms. Hammurabi” which the drama series is based on. Moon Yoo-Seok will also write the screenplay for the drama series.

“Ms. Hammurabi” first airs May, 2018 in South Korea.

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2018] Miss Hammurabi, 미스 함무라비 - May 2018
  • 1 month later...
On 30/04/2018 at 8:29 PM, chatterbox22 said:

It could be really fun to watch :D Go Ara and L look quite good together. They can be a hilarious team :)

Agreed with that,

otherwise, we should also look forward on Lee Elijah as well, (as she appeared in the teaser above around (0:29-0:33) im not sure if you guys know her since shes kinda new actress, if im not mistaken lol :sweatingbullets:

I think I have seen her in Fight For My Way :) The cast looks promising. Looking forward to this drama :D 

Here it is! New trailer guys :D It shows  cute dynamics between our main leads :D Go Ara unni is so hilarious :) 

“Miss Hammurabi” Reveals Pitch-Perfect Character Posters Of Go Ara, Kim Myungsoo And More

On May 10, the JTBC drama dropped a set of posters starring Go Ara, INFINITE’s L (Kim Myung Soo), Sung Dong IlRyu Deok Hwan, and Lee Elijah. Each character’s pose in their poster, as well as the tag line written on them perfectly, captures their character’s personality and outlook on life.

“Miss Hammurabi” tells the story of relatable and minor court proceedings as overseen by three judges: the passionate Park Cha Oh Reum (Go Ara), the elite Im Ba Reum (L), and the realistic Han Se Sang (Sung Dong Il).

Go Ara’s character poster reads: “As for me, I’m not going to become a judge that looks down on people expressionlessly.”

Go-Ara-Miss-Hammurabi.jpg

L’s character poster reads: “Court trials are by nature other people’s problems. I became a judge just to eat and survive."L-Miss-Hammurabi-.jpg

Sung Dong Il’s character poster reads: “The strongest person in the court is the judge. And the most dangerous one, too.”

Spoiler

sung-dong-il-miss-hammurabi.jpg

Ryu Deok Hwan plays Jung Bo Wang, another judge who is friendly with everyone and has a reputation for being the “antenna” of the legal world. His character poster reads: “Being a judge? It makes you popular among women!”

Spoiler

ryu-deok-hwan-miss-hammurabi.jpg

Lee Elijah plays a court stenographer, also known as a court recorder, named Lee Do Yeon. Her character poster reads: “If you’re in court, you might as well work. Don’t poke around in someone’s private life.”

Lee-Elijah-Miss-Hammurabi1.jpg

“Miss Hammurabi” premieres on May 21.

cr

Archived